HELP!

I'm a faggot who doesn't know how to start my comic. Tips?

Write a book.
Edit it until it's not complete shit.
Draw it in less than 320 pages.

Congrats, you're now an above average comic writer and artist.

Thanks

SUCK IT BENDIS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Accept that you're going to suck like any other first time comic.

I'm fine with that, I just can't think of a way to start it

Start with the protagonist in some ludacris situation. Have some way of incorporating audio record scratch into comic and have a freeze frame panel

Narration box: "Yeah, this is me. You might be wondering why I'm [INSERT SITUATION]. Well, it started about [TIME FRAME] ago with [VERY SIMPLE AND UNLUDACRIS SCENARIO]."

It always works in the movies and probably not too bad for comic too

tell us more about your comic.

pls no

Tips?

After you boil some eggs, crack them and soak them in water for a couple minutes. Makes peeling a lot easier.

Start it ironically. That way you get all the embarrassment out of the way and can't possibly get any worse.

It has four different stories that each connect with the same "villans" in each time periods, the story has a lot of time travel and dimensions involved as several different groups unknowingly start the problem and all of the different ones also pitch in to end them

No.

Don't do that for your first comic, you'll just fuck yourself. Do something simple and try to get a grasp on the basics.

Probably a good idea I've been planning this story for years
I should learn on something shitty then put good in what I want

There's also the fact that, by the time you've practiced enough, you will realize your old idea was shitty and will likely rework it. You're doing yourself a favor overall.

I guess, I have edited it alot already but I guess it could do more

Start it in the middle of some action. That's a good way to hook the reader straight away. If it's not an action comic, some other kind of conflict.

Doggy!

Before any of us can or should give any advice, can you detail what you already have? A character? An ending? A premise?

It's more like your idea runs it's course, and you realise various parts are missing or don't make sense, "et cetera et cetera". If he works on his current idea now, he'll realise exactly what his current idea is missing as writes it, and what doesn't work shines, if he works on a different idea, the experience will give hims clues on what was missing in his other story. May as well work on the passion project.

Just for example one character is named Varkiss. He gains his abilities through a entity known as Soul which gives him several powers he begins a normal person but over time makes worse and worse choices becoming a sort of villan
Theres so much action to use

Out of curiosity, where are you from and for which market are you aiming?

Ok. Varkiss making wrong choices. How about a tempo like Tartini's Devil's Trill Sonata? Start out curious and rather good natured, but it eventually turns to a crumbling world and disaster for others? Then eventually going by like Satie's Gnossienne No.1 where Varkiss goes off balance and experiments with morality?

A you teenager aged 14 years old gets run over by a truck. When he awakens he finds out he got reborn in another world, but now has magic powers.

Nah it's more like, the choices he makes at first are for the better, he uses his power to kill some to save more. But just more and more choices like spiraled out of control
That is one of the worst things I've heard

>Just for example one character is named Varkiss. He gains his abilities through a entity known as Soul which gives him several powers he begins a normal person but over time makes worse and worse choices becoming a sort of villan
If you describe your characters in "powers and abilities" style (D&D, RPG, videogames, whatever) then you're a shit writer. Same for alignment charts.

>This is Abraham Lincoln. He has the power to free slaves and he is weak against bullets to the back of the head.

Characters are people, write them as if they are people with the same internal and external motivations that you have.

Don't start with your magnum opus. Start with a practice story. Remember that 90% of feedback will always be contempt and garbage because other skilled authors are too busy doing their own things.

Man, I want some bone hurting juice.

>That is one of the worst things I've heard
That is the largest, LARGEST most lucrative genre in Japan. It's catnip for otaku trash.

I was doing a basic overview but yes I will take that into account

If your character's superpower is the trait that defines it the most, it's a boring character. Your character needs to have more personality than "psh, nothing personnel kid"

Oh he is he doesn't even use it most of the time. I'm just putting as in the scenarios of which he finds himself makes him worse and worse not his ability

How about adding consequences for his powers? Something that he doesn't notice until it has happened a lot already? Like bringing back the dead is actually taking the life of someone else somewhere, or gaining super strenght but secretly anything that power touches eill rot away in 3 days or something

> Adding conditions, exemptions and powers powers powers powers powers powers powers powers bullshit
Stories tend to be about people, but pure magic Jojo madness also brings in the bling.

His powers depending on how much is used takes more fat away from his body.

Yeah I know that sounds dumb, but if he uses it even more once all of that is gone it starts going at muscle then he's screwed.

Oh. That sounds like the fat kid's family in Naruto

Never watched that but I guess

>Write a plot outline
>develop a script
>Draw thumbnails
>Draw the fucking comic

Magic madness only works in service to characters.

>all this shit advice

Ok, I am being real here. Just write, lots and lots and lots. And when you are not doing that read, lots and lots and lots. And in both of these do variety, write short stories of every genre and every type, write poetry.

I do recommend writing short stories/comics more than anything big. Cause short stories are much harder and force you to strip away unnecessary rubish and focus on whats important. Also, this way you can get more variety and explore more ideas. This is the only way you get good.

Second to this is to try and join a reading or writing group. My writing group really helped each other develop, sometimes with critiques and editing but mostly from encouragement and a continued driving force to read and write.

If you are still in high school you may also be able to find summer writing camps. Those csn be a lot of fun

Guess these 2 are the best advice here. OP, are you more writer or more artist/drawer?

I feel I have put more time in art. But I also have only been adding more and more to the story. I don't write really it was a conversation of a story I had with my friend for years and after that I've been fleshing the story in my head, when I write it always feels to grounded from the original.

As much as that would help, I do want to share this content I have created, but I am not trying to do Shakespeare work. Im not much a writer, I feel I enjoy the thought of creative thinking more. And in a sense I wish to put that creativity with a story.

Heh, OP is given the advice "make the character more interesting than just his powers" and immediately some moron says "FOCUS MORE ON THE POWERS"... Jesus Christ.

And OP is like "yeah good idea, I'll make it all about the powers."

Just write fucking Pokemon or Dragonball Z or Naruto. Those are all really successful pieces of trash

Yea, I'm making a story about powers and abilities, I do want to make the story engaging, and I'm not going to cut out the main point of it, I'm making an action comic, or at least try to. I can't make it so there are characters that are both realistic and fun?

>Dragon Ball
>Bad comic
"Hello I talk about comics I don't read."

It isn't cerebral, but Dragon Ball is an excellent action comic.

Dragon Ball WAS an excellent action comic. Then it spiraled into a shitshow of power leveling trash.

Eh. The Cell arc was bad, but a lot of Buu was just good old fashioned goofiness. The Vegito chapter was extremely well paced, for example.

Well if that's the case, tell me what that did right so perhaps I could do not shit

draw the last page first and then spend the rest of the comic working your way there

Read it yourself, goober.

Dragon Ball went from "action adventure romp" to "formulaic fighting comic that takes itself far too seriously."

Also this

Have you written the story out? If not, you should probably get a draft done, if only so you have something to work off. Just buy a notebook and write plot ideas down - don't get a fancy one, you'll just be under more pressure to write something PERFECT. Also make time to write stuff down, or else you'll be yet another dipshit talking about your super-special awesome comic that you could TOTALLY write, if you had the time...

Aside from Spopovitch to Buy being unleashed and certain parts of Super Buu, post-Cell was back to Piccolo Saga levity.

>Im not much a writer
Nor is anyone when they start. Which is why i said just practice. I get that you want a critique but that's hard to fi d a good one online unless you find a writing group

Still stays the same write > read> tslk to people and accept some ideas

The fact that you opened with a dog pic instead of something you made or even anything Sup Forums realted is a bad sign user.

Did you miss Hope Corgi?

I can see this working for something that already established, it was fucking amazing for Star Wars after all.