Who Framed Roger Rabbit discussion and webm dump

Groundbreaking film with fantastic special effects and incredible acting that still holds up. The best of it's kind, although considering the competition, that's not saying much. But I think we all know what it's most popular for: Jessica Rabbit.

I've recently rewatched it and couldn't help myself but make some wembs. And by "some" I mean I might have undiagnosed OCD.

And in case someone missed the Road to El Dorado thread a few weeks ago and is a Chel fan, I got you covered:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/94599363

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yy5THitqPBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That film holds up so damn well.

Subversively, this Jessica thread will start with some Betty.

Betty Boop > Jessica Rabbit.

I know, right? They used techniques that will look good an a hundred years still.

Betty is certainly the more developed character over all. But looks-wise, you'd have to have a rather specific taste.

This scene, wow, the way Eddie reacts is really touching.

And now the boop.

I'd say the fact that Betty can't find good work means this movie takes place in a parallel universe where men don't like hot cartoon girls, but as you'll see in the following Jessica's performance series, that's not the case.

Here. We. Go.
youtube.com/watch?v=yy5THitqPBw

This dress raises an interesting question: can toons actually permanently change clothes from what they were drawn in if they wanted, or does the performance operate under "bit" rules, like when Bugs puts on a disguise for a gag.

Hell Jessica doesn't even keep the same curvature, and goes full R-rating showing her goods. It's whatever is necessary for the scene.

That's a lucky wall.

Let's ask Lena

Nah, it's just a joke that people have moved on to color cartoons.

This film is (was?) PG. Moralfaggotry really blossomed since then, but I have to think this filmed pushed the limits of that rating even in the "put tits into every movie" 80's.

Can you imagine how scary it would be to actually live in a world with toons? Their powers are wildly inconsistent, but almost any one of them might be capable of destroying the Earth given the right motivation. I'm with Judge Doom on this one: TOON PURGE NOW.

>This film is (was?) PG. Moralfaggotry really blossomed since then, but I have to think this filmed pushed the limits of that rating even in the "put tits into every movie" 80's.
It got released and then recalled and got. She had her vagina out twice briefly but people didn't catch it until after it was out.

The not-so-subtle cheating on husband was creepy though. More adult than nudity imo.

Not even a foot/shoe/calf-fag, but those are some sexy pool sticks as Jug would call them.

Somewhere out there is a guy who thought Lena was the hottest girl in the movie. I guarantee it. And I can sort of see why, I'll post some webms of this butterface later on.

It's a great movie but the insights and anecdotes are more interesting

I was pleasantly surprised to see that she got it in the front AND back. I mainly remembered her tits from seeing this as a kid.

Don't care, worth the risk.

She wasn't cheating on him, that was part of a set-up. Dude, go and rewatch it. It's fucking fantastic.

If you're talking about that scene later on with Eddie, she can't help it. Her type of toon force makes her radiate sex all of the time and cause sexual misunderstandings, innuendos and implications.

Can't blame the guy for going full spaghetti.

A creative environment like that will never exist again. This is an artifact that will have to last us forever.

>She wasn't cheating on him, that was part of a set-up.
Yes, but I also took it as a creepy metaphor. And I just rewatched it last month. Christopher Lloyd is already a cartoon character; they didn't need special effects.

I wonder if his mouth is open from seeing Jessica up close or from the realization that he just had his nose in the same palm that usually rests against her gorgeous ass.

I feel for the then little boys who's Parental Guide was their mom. Can't relate though, my mom's pretty chill.

Roger was pretty upset. Maybe Patty Cake really is a form of cheating for toons. It's unclear whether they can/want to have actual sex. What are the chances that Roger was drawn with a big ol' rabbit dick?

Agree with Jessica here, those cheeks do look pinchable.

>I feel for the then little boys who's Parental Guide was their mom. Can't relate though, my mom's pretty chill.
I grew up on horror films. I was just told things I was seeing weren't real. It really isn't hard to explain to a child that you're watching someone's imagination.

And I while I would assume they can't reproduce; pervert-baby did point out he's got the mind of an adult but a tiny dick.

Did they base that photo off of Jessica's earlier design and never fix it?

Can't tell if this is supposed to be suggestive.

True. That woman she's with... well, I guess it's true what they say about a lot of loli artists being female.

>fix
Why though? Looks nice. And this was before CG bullshit, they would have to reshoot. The Jessica change was a pretty late thing, everything was long shot already. All the animation was done in post, so they couldn't do reshoots for botched takes, they had to just adapt the animation to suit them.

Still vastly prefer the book even if the author didn't. Despite being not as touching or innovative I think it did a better job of merging the worlds of cartoons and noir/hardboiled detective fiction. I also like its weird worldbuilding a bit better.
The movie is weird in its own way. It feels like they took the treatment for Townes' Cloverleaf and grafted it on to the basic Roger Rabbit premise from the book but then gave us an antagonist who doesn't really fit with the era of cartoons and definitely doesn't fit with noir.
I appreciate it at least. I feel its legacy is important and praise well-deserved. It just doesn't do it for me on any level beyond visual and then doesn't do enough with it for my liking.

Have to say, for being a sugar daddy, getting just a cheek pinch and a skull polish seems kinda stingy on Jessica's side.

Wasn't the story pretty much cliche noir mystery thing except with toons? The visuals are what does it for me. Or is it worth reading?

If I'm to take part in a reenactment of the performance, I would much prefer to be Eddie. I wonder if that's a thing.

The book goes deeper into how the toon world functions and how it affects the human world. It even touches on socioeconomic issues very briefly.
Then it gets really weird. For a noir book anyway. But it worked for me because when it comes to cartoons the element that was introduced was always technically on the table.
But otherwise it is mostly a cliche noir mystery. But the movie is not even really that. And it doesn't do enough visually with its premise to be truly satisfying. I sorta felt that way even as a little kid

Does this sort of performance even exist in reputable establishments anymore?

A lot of stuff got scrapped. It was over budget as it was. No one expected to do as well as it did. Apparently we have George Lucas to blame for that: his Howard the Duck soured people on human/wacky anthropomorphic character plots. The execs were terrified Roger would get called "another Howard the Duck" and bomb.

Now just the hot part.

And now the reaction image.

Eddie expected a girl rabbit, I wonder how that scene would have gone. We would be living a far more furrier world, that's for sure.

I just noticed that Jessica is drawn completely differently in that picture.

i first saw this when i was 7 and my dad rented it thinking it was safe for kids and brushed it off thinking i was too young to understand its sexuality when it only launched my libido into high gear before i even hit puberty.
i still love jessica and i think this movie impacted me even more since it was the smoothest animation there was at the time, i was captivated especially by scene related.

it had some great lines too

>... Damn it.
>>>
>Pat
"I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way."

Had to re-encode this one. Fucking lost the original. No idea how. It was 3AM when I finished with this, so my sleepy ass might have clicked "replace" on the moving conflict screen with some of the generic names I have here. And THE hottest bit as well.

It's frankly amazing how good of a job Bob did considering there was literally nothing there in front of him. Compared to the phoning it in some actors do nowadays working with CG.

And end of performance. I wonder how many years we have to wait before uploading the whole thing in a Sup Forums thread will be an option. As a guy who grew up with dial-up, I can attest that we've come a long way since then and hopefully we won't stop.

Fuck me. I've seen this movie tons of times and never once thought that.

L-lewd!

It's almost like it's animated.

The sombre tone of the scene is kind of undercut by how hot Jessica looks in those costumes.

I wonder if they whacked him with something or if he's this good of a physical actor.

Saying that this scene was a scene of contrasts is saying nothing. Bob is one hairy bastard.

The exchanges was something else as well.

The famous line (line not included).

A side-view.

And the important part.

Front and center.

A lot of interesting shots in this.

Apparently Jessica was the villain in a few versions of the script. So she would be masterfully lying here in those, but instead she's genuinely concerned for Roger.

If this was full live action, I suspect Bob would have required a few cold showers to get trough each day of filming with Jessica's actress. Alas, the only humongous bosoms pressing against him here are in his mind.

Dat arch man, dat arch.

A bit of physical comedy from Jessica, unexpected.

>forgot the retarded no self-bump thing
Wew. Surprised my dumb ass hasn't 404d this shit.

Just though this was a cute scene.

And Mrs. Rabbit has left the building leaving Eddie to explain how he wasn't planning on dipping his dick in paint.

or, you know, because Betty Boop isn't attractive

this

you can even see Boop's shadow as if she was fucking there!

Remember when women were still associated with cooking utensils? Good luck finding a girl who can cook nowadays. They are literally more rare than girls with higher education.

man, people nowadays, they just wouldn't understand what us kids went through having to deal with THAT level of cartoon ladies

Be honest, who saw it coming on the first viewing?

A fuckload of old men would consider them fighting words.

Eddie and his keyholes.

>In November 2016, while promoting his latest film, Allied, in England, Zemeckis took some time to have an interview with Robbie Collin of The Daily Telegraph. As the conversation shifted focus to the Roger Rabbit sequel, Zemeckis stated that the sequel "moves the story of Roger and Jessica Rabbit into the next few years of period film, moving on from film noir to the world of the 1950s". He also stated that the sequel would feature a "digital Bob Hoskins", as Eddie Valiant would return in "ghost form". While the director went on to state that the script is "terrific" and the film would still utilize hand-drawn animation, Zemeckis thinks that the chances of Disney green-lighting the sequel are "slim". As he explained more in detail, "The current corporate Disney culture [the current studio management of The Walt Disney Company] has no interest in Roger, and they certainly don't like Jessica at all."[86]
Roger Rabbit dance

>execs don't like jessica
heresy

it's also meta commentary upon the fact that they actually did try doing color cartoons with Betty, but they failed miserably so only a couple were made, thus why when people discuss Betty Boop as a cartoon character and not just a merchandising mascot they only discuss her in a B&W context

I figure they can, it's just that many Toons have an Iconic outfit they wear both for brand purposes and preference

Bob Hoskins was a pretty damn good actor(honestly him being dead is why more than anything I'd be hesitant about them ever doing a sequel to HFRR)

Like I said, surprisingly nice figure for the supposedly "ugliest woman on earth".

Well fuck. I hope they don't dabble in that digital actor bullshit. That's bordering on fucking necromancy. I much rather they recast. Of course it doesn't matter since there's no way in hell modern Disney will release something with overt sex appeal.

>shoots a weapon out of the hand of a guy in a dark alley from about 50 meters with a handgun with a living obstacle in line of sight
Jessica is pretty /k/.

I wish this part was a little longer. Jessica and Eddie had a pretty good dynamic. Would have loved to see them work on a case together.

>leaves husband unconscious in trunk
Not sure where this falls in on the loving wife grid.

>better in bed
Hard to imagine. As in literally. But I'm sure there's a pile of 34 the animators did for laughs that we will never ever see because it was destroyed or was otherwise lost.

The taxi was a bit of an abrasive character, but you can't hate the guy.

Exposition, but also boobs.

Kinda interesting how a woman and rabbit could fall in love. Wouldn't mind seeing a prequel either.

Distant, but nice topside view.

its just that bob sells that slap so damn well!
fucking RIP you magnificent bastard!

its so damn hard watching her, she is fucking sexy incarnate. every movement she does is just sexually powered. i don't feel anything else but hard lust pouring off her

Isn't that the same tunnel where Marty gets the almanac away from Biff?

Don't bother with trying to see it, it's only in the VHS release. In this there's like a shadowy hint in one frame if you use a program to break it down, but that's about it. There are pics online, so just do a google search if curious. Although I wonder if there's a VHS-rip floating around. A webm or at least a gif of that should be made if there isn't one.

>ywn have a women press herself against you in a concerned manner

Too bad her hair almost has no interaction with objects throughout. It's quite beautiful.

Hollywood is losing greats every year and gaining absolutely no new blood with talent.

Yes.

gave her some nice bounce in her step
damn i feel bad for kids these days
no hot ladies to jerk it to in PG films

what about the laserdisc version?
its the only one i got

i know, but its more like, we are getting new people, but they just aren't good.

maybe not now, who knows, maybe they will be amazing actors once they are post 40/50 yrs old

I don't know if you can technically call this a "booby" trap — the weasel had his hand all the way down to her crotch when it snapped.

Apparently what they did is reversed the natural bounce on her breasts. So the only thing real women need to do to look as sexy is reverse gravity or engage in complicated time-delay temporal manipulations.

Process:
>draw Jessica nude
>jerk off
>draw the dress on
>contemplate jerking off again
>jerk off
>deposit cell

No idea. Do you actually have something to play that on?

Who? That guy who played Anakin? The twilight guys? Shia?

I wonder if Doom monologueing instead of killing them is another hint at him being a cartoon villain or just a Hollywood cliche.

no, my player is busted
i got that, mortal kombat, T2 and a godzilla collection on laserdisc and can't watch them

i don't know about some new guys, but im not saying everyone is gonna be good. it'll be someone who is unknown or some shit.

A nifty reaction pic.

even still, i would think its a joke for jess
but you wonder how long that trap was in there for

Took a pic of my only Jessica merch I have
Got it at a flea market for $5

>tfw your scared face also looks aroused
Daily life for her must be frustrating.

These guys aren't "everyone", they are actors with starring roles in multiple major pictures. And they all suck. That's why I'm worried. There's only so many roles the old guys we have can play before they start disintegrating on-screen.

>if this nigga doesn't stop discussing city infrastructure

Neat. Surprised Disney doesn't just pretend she never existed like Eilonwy. But I guess bombing is a far greater sin that being outrageously sexy in Disney's eyes.

Torpedoes, man.