I've noticed an odd phenomenon with people around my age(22)...

I've noticed an odd phenomenon with people around my age(22). Most people in my graduating class(2013) relate to Avatar the last airbender, American dragon jake long, and Ben 10(2005) with their childhoods, albeit their late childhoods.

But cartoons like Chowder, Flapjack, and Back to the Barnyard, which came out just a mere 1-2 years later, people my age see as 'garbage' or something that was not for us, but for those three years younger than us.

It seems like anything that debuted in the 2005-2006 school year was the last to have an impact on our childhoods, while anything that debuted after that school year had little to no effect to people my age what so ever.

>Chowder, Flapjack, and Back to the Barnyard
Maybe those are actually just garbage

You were 13 when Flapjack premiered, that's old enough to pretend you're too mature for cartoons
Also Back to the Barnyard was terrible get real

bump

Why do you think this is odd? Every generation stops "childhood" stuff around middle school.

Wrong.>
>95045072
Correct.

Who the hell related to American Dragon? It was laughably amateurish and tryhard

>It was laughably amateurish and tryhard
Exactly

The creators claim in interviews that they made Jake lame and tryhard and use slang a lot to make fun of MTV and other people who try to be "down with the kids", but viewers took it seriously and thought they were actually trying to be down with the kids.

bump

I mean Jake is clearly supposed to be a poser.

That's obvious.

Whoa. I might actually watch it now. This is pretty cool. On the other hand, I wasn't too invested in the plot anyway so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

>Flapjack bad show

cause that era of 2007-2009 was compete and utter shit and even fucking kids knew it
t. born in 97'

Not really unique to your age group, and the reason is fairly obvious.
When people reach their teenage years they get desperate to be seen as adults, so they divorce themselves from anything that could be considered childish and stop watching cartoons aimed at kids. Hell I'm guessing if you asked them about AtlA when they were 13 they'd have told you it's kiddy garbage, they only learned to appreciate it more after their teenage years, when you start yearning for your lost childhood.

Hapas boys who fantasize of getting an incredibly hot blonde-haired blue-eyed Aryan girlfriend?

You are pretty much right, I'm a 30yo guy and these were cartoons I'd have enjoyed if I were 10 years younger

>Hapas boys who fantasize of transformng into a large red-scaled fire buff dragon?

ftfy

WRONG

Those three were some of the best cartoons ever made. Especially Barnyard, I fucking lose it every time.

>but viewers took it seriously and thought they were actually trying to be down with the kids.

Can people really not tell when someone is making fun of stuff?

>Kappa Mikey very clearly is making fun of anime animation.
>"Western shows shouldnt try to emulate anime because it looks like trash, just look at Kappa Mikey"

Why_not_both?.jpg