Jupiter's Legacy

I had an absolutely kickass lecture this morning that managed to keep people awake at 8AM, so I'm going to detour from the Ewing thread and instead post one of Mark Millar's best comics, Jupiter's Legacy.
>I love Jupiter's Circle but it isn't quite 100% necessary to read, but it does provide a wealth of backstory for the first generation of heroes.

Other urls found in this thread:

getcomics.info/?s=jupiter's
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't really care about Millar's story here, it's passable or w/e, but god damn does Quitely knock it out of the fucking park. There are two fight scenes in this that are pretty much as good as it fucking gets.

So thanks for storytiming, I guess!

I went to the Frank Quitely Q&A a few days ago.
Got my shit signed and asked him about Multiversity 2.
Even got an exclusive cover of the second trade, like 1 of 300.

Thanks OP. The Jupiter saga is some of Millar's best and Quitely is great as always, looking forward to seeing some of the art in person at his Kelvingrove exhibition soon.

One element of the analouges I really like is how given he takes up Blue Bolt's rod and not initially wanting to be a superhero Hutch has a degree of Jack Knight to him.

Post your own storytime if you're not completley satisfied

>his Kelvingrove exhibition soon.
Nice one, nigga. That's where I was at. All his work looks so fucking good up close. They have pretty much everything he's done there, as well as some neat guest stars like Frank Miller, Dennis O'Neill etc.

Idk about superhero things at all, but this is just a great family story

I always wish they expanded on this more, but then again the mystery of the whole thing actually adds to the story.
>I know it involves aliens but they still never fully followed up on what they were.

>absolutely kickass lecture this morning that managed to keep people awake at 8AM

Being STEM, I have never encountered such a thing. Are you, perchance, in one of the brainwashing areas of academia?

It was Social Psychology. Also i brought them coffee.

Endometriosis is a condition resulting from the appearance of endometrial tissue outside the uterus and causing pelvic pain. I forgot how big of a piece of shit Brandon was.

Dl link please OP? I gotta go for a run then I'm going out but I have really been wanting to check this out.

Brainwave literally has right to give ANYONE shit. Dude's garbage

When I was first starting out writing I used Jupiter's Legacy as a base for my layout. Throughout the first series Millar tends to use a 2x4 layout and tends to utilize 4-5 panels per page with 25-30 words per singular section of the grid max. If he uses 40 or so, it's probably going to be spread across two single panels (one widescreen panel)

This sequence is fucking stellar.

Because you asked nicely, I'm uploading to mediafire as I upload. Hopefully it won't fuck with my internet too much.
Password will be "MILLAR"

Thanks OP you're a stellar guy. I really appreciate you do that, I'm not gonna lie.

If it saves your net, here's the site I like to use:
getcomics.info/?s=jupiter's

No offense mate but fuck that noise, I want to read the cbrs on one of my toys. not some shitty website where you read
comics online, for that I am quite fine.

Ma nigga, getcomics are .cbr/.cbz downloads. Not like readcomicsonline or anything. Has pretty much everything too.

For anyone that's read the entirer series, can you confirm if it's Raikou in the top left corner?

I really appreciate that user. Also I'd recommend you check out what Patricia user posted. That site is fucking god tier and super fast downloads. ALso you're good people, Patricia. Still uploading though. Never know when stuff gets taken down.

You can download from that site. Honest

Oh, well thanks my friend. Id still like the mediafire link though in the end. I must go now for my run, but chatting with you anons has been fun.

>ALso you're good people, Patricia.
No you!

As someone that's dropped acid (probably my favorite drug in terms of what it does), doing it in the Mariana's Trench sounds fucking terrifying.
>I got two hits saved in my freezer. Each hit is guaranteed to launch you off your ass. Second, once I get a new job and pass a drug test I'm going for it.

My man.

Tend to stay away from cocaine though. Not for me. But if you're looking for an ego drug that's the one.

Gotta admit, rock solid first issue.

First .rar of 4 has been uploaded to mediafire. Working on number 2 meow. Also to anyone here, is a PS4 worth it for the exclusive games or is it just a waste of money??

Not to be a dick but it all depends on if you have friends are not. The PS4 is very play together oriented. The main appeal of it is shareplay. If your friend owns a game that has local co op you can play it without even owning the game.

I've got a PS4, but you should only get it if you like weeb games. Bloodborne, Nioh, Persona 5, The Last Guardian, etc.

this is the best superhero story of the decade

A comic doesn't have to be perfect to be worth reading, user.

And I thought I was an alcoholic.

Not being a dick at all. It's mostly for solo play. A method to unwind at the end of the day.

I hate to say it but the game that has me really excited in the new final fantasy dissidia game. Playing DuoDecim on on the psp and have over 50 hours logged because I'm addicting to leveling up the characters and playing around with all the assist/summoner combinations. Also I miss Crash Bandicoot. Like, a lot. Crash 2 was the game my dad used to introduce me to the PSX. Game was fucking cash. That and NFL Blitz (the first one).

So glad you enjoy it man. BTW, you're good people. It's my ultimate goal to sway all the Millar haters one comic at a time. Once I finish Ewing I think I'm going for Marvel Knights: Spider-Man because I just received my hardback copy and it's fucking sweet.

God dammit Brandon

You not got a decent PC, ProfessorBro? If you've got one already, I'd get a PS4 as a side-console for exclusives like Dissidia. I was gonna get that shit too.

He even returned his drink. I love you Utopian.

My current desktop is a real POS. 2.8 ghz processor and less than a gig of VRAM. Waiting till it fucking dies before replacing because I'm super poor.

Millar and Quitely really work well together.

As someone that sees a psychiatrist, Brandon is a real piece of shit.

Legit. When he was talking at the Q&A, he was acting like Mark doesn't really mind the long wait. Also Mark was pretty convincing getting Frank to do Jupiter's Legacy.

I read this a long time and really didn't like it, does it get better in volume 2 or Circle?

As a whole, yeah it does.

How much better?

Pretty fuckin' schway

rip

Hutch was one of those characters I didn't like starting out but got much much better as the series progressed.

I wasn't so much meaning personally as just, Millar's cinematic scripting clearly works for Quitely, and Quitely really gives Millar writing a lot of emotional impact.

Look at the faces in the fourth panel . They're superb. The speech bubbles are out of the way because they know they shouldn't mess with that.

Even just the whole construction of that page. Like your top two panels start the funnel, and then you narrow it with their bodies in the next panel, and then the next one goes off-center for the actual confrontation so there's a real sense of a lurch.

I honestly have no idea who to root for.

I know. I just wanted to talk about the Q&A ;_;

I still can't believe you're fucking Scottish. You could at least waifu some native weird cutie like Karen Gillian or Lauren Mayberry.

>Lauren Mayberry
I've met her. She's so smol.

>It's my ultimate goal to sway all the Millar haters one comic at a time.
Can't we just let this hack go away

I hope your minder was okay with it.

Better anons than you have tried.

I had to be sedated.
KEK

are you the user who's going to storytime all of Millarverse?
For the Animals was the first comic book I ever read

listen to Hitch talk about working with Ellis first and then Millar
artists just love the dude because he let's them go wild

Are you referring to "Superman: For the Animals"? In which case that story was a gutpunch.

To be fair Ellis scripts very cinematically as well. And there's definitely a line from like Wildstorm to the Ultimates and subsequently to the MCU.

what did he say about multiversity 2?

Just asked if Grant had been talking about it.

You're a monster Brandon.

That's totally awesome and I'd congratulate you like a normal human being but instead I'll scream about tripfags. I'm sure you understand.

TBF not just a tripfag but a dedicated shitposter of a tripfag.

It's par for the course. I reap what I sow.

yeah, that's the one, my 4th grade teacher had it in class

Utopian, drink a nice warm glass of Go Fuck Yourself. I'm sure you'll feel better.

Fucking cunt. I read Jupiter's Circle. You're fucking deluded, Sheldon
>Just finished shot number six. Going for shot number 9 (making triples instead of doubles).

THey just jelly

Fucking really, Jules? Weren't you just the other day bringing her a stuffed animal while she was in the hospital? Fucking monster just like your punk ass dad.

Skyfox is the only member of the union who did nothing wrong

Skyfox was too good for those assholes. Blue Bolt was on point though.

Ah, this bit coming up is grim.

=(