Classic Titans: Control Freak attempts to prove his point about classic superhero cartoons by sending the Titans to a...

>Classic Titans: Control Freak attempts to prove his point about classic superhero cartoons by sending the Titans to a former version of Teen Titans Go!.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Teen_Titans_Go!_episodes#Season_4_.282016.E2.80.9317.29

So turns out pic related wasn't just a piece of promotional art for Comic Con and that it is going to be an actual episode of the show. At least we know why CN has been airing reruns of the old teen titans cartoon now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iG6frPQBH38
youtube.com/watch?v=TCAb1lNfZHU
youtube.com/watch?v=3kJ8vU-Fb9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good. There's literally ZERO reasons or justifications as to why they didn't just go back to the original show style. Zero not a single reason
>hur HURRRRRR ITS CHEAPER!!!
Nah it's not.

This does makes you wonder why they went with this show instead of making a few more seasons of the original or a revival.

Because cartoon networks executives are the most dissociated people from their audience

>Teen Titans
>>>>Classic
I know it's over 10 years old and all but still

The artstyle from NBTS looks far better than the artstile from first TT cartoon. No one needs that generic 08/15 faux-animu artstyle

CN still has time you know?

THIS MUST NOt HAPPEN!

This is gonna be like Turtles forever, where the original titans are gonna be treated like absolute losers making the TTG titans look awesome, but unlike TF, it makes no sense here!

the TTG titns are losers thru an thru.

>too mean-spirited REEEEE

Teen Titans Go! is a spinoff of a DC Nation series of shorts called "New Teen Titans". Where normal TTG episodes are 11 minutes in length, the original shorts were generally under two minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=iG6frPQBH38
youtube.com/watch?v=TCAb1lNfZHU

These shorts proved popular with audiences, though it's not known whether this was due to the popularity of the original Teen Titans show or if the shorts themselves were what attracted viewers. Regardless, it is these shorts that led to the creation of the "Teen Titans Go" series.

DC Nation shorts

You may disagree with her methods, but she gets results, damn it!

I don't think that will be the case considering the promotional art shows the TTG titans getting their asses kicked. Except Starfire of course.

>It's another fucking "whhaaaaa why won't people stop comparing us/everything in the past is better and we knot it" episode
We fucking get it already, this isn't, nor will ever be the old show. Stop making episodes about this, nobody gives a shit anymore.

Has there ever been a show this needy to remind everyone what it isn't before?

The 4 Part Night Begins to Shine special was amazing.

Fite me.

What would even be the reasoning they would be fighting themselves

Question: did the original Teen Titans get a satisfactory ending, or was it abruptly ended like Hey Arnold? Never watched the show.

can't, that shit was genuinely good, as was the first episode with those designs.

the end of Teen Titans was like a divorce

>amazing.
Only the first and last episodes were anything to gawk about everything in between was meh and it was a Cyborg wankfest

I still can't get over them bringing back Puffy AmiYumi for a Jap Version.

youtube.com/watch?v=3kJ8vU-Fb9M

I unironically love it, just like I love every version of the song.

It's hard to answer that. It had an episode that was absolutely meant to be the last episode, but it's REALLY arguable whether it was "satisfactory".

It got a movie.

It's had a ending but it wasn't that good of a ending. It would of been a good if it wasn't about Terra losing her memories and being a mystery. It felt like a cliffhanger.

It could have had a satisfactory ending if it weren't for that fucking Terra episode

Wait, people just thought they were just making this image just cause?

It would've been good if it wasn't Terra at all and didn't feel the need to keep things ambiguous

Can we have a crossover with the DCAU Titans instead?

Like say Nightwing and Robin met up with the rest during the JL/JLU Bat-Embargo and they had adventures nobody saw until now.

I believe Batman mentioned the Titans during a crossover with Static.

Are you sure they're not just rubbing salt in wounds that the people should have closed years ago?

After the big final battle where everyone ever got together and fought, there was this weird stand-alone episode called "Things Change". Beast Boy meets a girl who looks like Terra and probably is Terra, but claims she isn't Terra. It's weird, melancholy, and intentionally ambiguous. The whole thing feels like some kind of strange epilogue. Some people liked the message about moving on, while other people thought it was a frustrating note to end the series. It's still a point of contention among fans.

By the time of the last season the show had become caught up in Doom Patrol, Titans East stuff and had kind of lost its way.

In the final episode, "Things Change", the Titans return to their hometown where everything started, only to find it fundementally different from the home they lost. It's kind of bleak, and the Terra cliffhanger denies it the kind of conclusive feeling it would have otherwise had.

>I believe Batman mentioned the Titans during a crossover with Static.
he did. there was probably a DCAU teen titans in talks, but eventually became the pocket canon Teen Titans.

The more people like you complain about it, the more erect they get.

Yeah, they're repeating the same "joke" over and over again. It gets them loads of attention, either from people who are STILL MAD, or people who think they are intellectuals and point out they are running it into the ground.

>You told them my secret? YOU LIED!

>Robin, you are the hurting me

>Starfire, your a nigger

Why haven't you gone to the superior side yet?

It doesn't just end on a random episode, it had a big multi part episode about everyone teaming up to fight the biggest bad guys and then a dedicated epilogue episode that ends it on a bittersweet and ambiguous end.

Oh God...

I wanted the old Titans back, sure, but I didn't want them to meet their retarded counterparts. The writers are gonna get them wrong and you just fucking know it.

This is just pathetic at this point.
Why do the people making the show want it to be simultaneously treated as just a kids show AND respected as some sort of legitimate follow-up to the original series?
Either move on completely or just fucking stop.

>The writers are gonna get them wrong and you just fucking know it.

They're going to portray them as amazing in every way and super fucking cool. Just like they did with YJ in that one episode.

They aren't going to be themselves, or even parodies of themselves, they're going to be parodies of how amazing everyone makes them out to be.

I'm gonna love it

i can already see the TTO's being portrayed as superior, but TTG gets rid of them with their cuh-razy antics.

classic alternate universe trope.

Dayum! The episode isn't even out yet and my salt-o-meter is already at red.

C'mon Sup Forums. Responses like these are why they make these episodes.

Besides, we don't even know if Control Freak actually transported them into the 2003 series. That wasn't the only Teen Titans.

Why do you people whine so fucking much? I legitimately don't understand. The old show was cool, it's over now, now there's a comedy spinoff. It's not like Korra where it's a sequel series that tried and failed to live up to the original, it's completely different. Why are you even comparing them at all, let alone with this persistent bile? You are the ones who look pathetic to any outside observer, make no mistake.

Still complaining when you can watch the Teen Titans in DC Superhero Girls and the animated movies.

I wonder if they're going to replicate the original's animation or cheap out and flash tween them.

Probably the latter

I've been saying this for awhile now and everyone ignored me, all of the references to the old Teen Titans has been leading to this.

This is why Original Teen Titans recently came back on the schedule.

If it's so completely different why does the show make constant references to the original?
I really don't give a shit about the quality or popularity of TTG, I just think that if they're going to move in a completely new direction than the original, then they should actually do it instead of crawling back in the hopes of appealing to fans of the original.

And fucking hell, we're discussing an episode where the characters literally meet the old versions of themselves, of course people are going to compare them.

It's one episode, not an entire series, retard. So yes it IS cheaper.

Also your show ended, move the fuck on already

That's what I was expecting, I wonder if they're gonna take the original Teen Titans off the schedule right this episode airs or keep it around a little longer

They're not trying to crawl back to the fans of the 2003 series. They're making fun of and baiting people. How and why have you not realized this?

Perhaps you could fuck off and let the nigga do what he wants.

>crawling back in the hopes of appealing to fans of the original.

Okay? And how is that not pathetic?
The fans of the original series who complain about TTG can't be more than a vocal minority.
I mean, I can understand wanting to address them, but they've spent multiple entire episodes on it.

Why is an incredibly popular children's TV show being so petty to a small group of pathetic adults?

remember when people rejoiced over this art?

remember what happened next?

I like Go better. Beast Boy fits as the cartoon clown, Cyborg's a loud token black who loves 80's shit, and Starfire's about remotely the same but gets a cuter design. the DC references are also a lot more liberal, with all the character plushes, stickers and signs being plastered everywhere. even characters just cameo for a few seconds

I also loved the original, but i was a bit miffed that it wasnt part of the Timmverse. there were a lot of opportunities to reference Batman, but any DC references were vague and only shown through the characters the DCAU didnt really have. They had some funny episodes, but it was for the sake of learning a dumb lesson and felt a lot like weeb pandering with the design they used.

it was still great, just not perfect. both of them, that is

Get fucked loser

Not until they start making good Japanimation like in the 80s again.

Does the new rules actually improve the site? It feels like they're collaring users a little bit too much.

Because it's easy and funny to do.

your pseudo-weeb show is over, let it go

dw guys I'll date her and take one for the team and make her change the programming.

get laid
get to do meaningful change

win-win

how it that 'take one for the team'?

No shit it's over autist. Nobody here is debating that

Starfire is the most precious

because when they do, people complain about the ending and want another season to "fix" it.

though I deprecate the nastiness of some of the creative team's jabs at the fans, they were pretty much provoked by the nastiness of the fans' jabs at the TTGteam. As a matter of fact, I tend to believe that much of what is wrong with the show was provoked by the fans.

Let's not mince words here. Go has it's moments, but they're overshadowed by either CN's obnoxious advertising and scheduling, or blatant click bait episodes like this.

People honestly wouldn't shit on it so much if CN didn't push it as hard as it does.

>shit on the old show for years because "muh nostalgia we are funnier XD"
>no more ideas
>OMG LOOK AT THIS EPIC CROSSOVER WITH THE SHOW WE ALL LOVED SO MUCH
spineless and miserable

It's cute that you think they have any actual problem with the 2003 cartoon

But here's what I don't understand.
The vast VAST V A S T majority of the show's fans are children.
In fact, the show goes out of it's way several times to tell us that it's aimed at children.
So why even address the annoying adult fans?

Because its fun for the people who dont mind this kind of stuff (like me), the problem is just that they made it too many times.

Because it's been like four years and they're STILL complaining. Also those episodes are like really easy to do and always rustle someone

I mean, I understand that. I think maybe a few off-hand comments or Easter eggs would have been fine. But even one episode on it is too much in my opinion. And they've gone beyond that.

Like I've said, at this point it just seems pathetic.

this episode will end the same way the trouble in tokyo and young justice episodes did.

So it's TT vs TT but with toon powers?

funny thing that the TTG haters are more obnoxious than TTG could ever hope to be.

I also like how they tend to be more childish than the show's target audience.

>Because it's been like four years and they're STILL complaining
People are complaining about the show's airtime not the fact that the show exists. Nobody actually cares what TTG does nowadays because people have already come to the conclusion that its a terrible show.

Its a sad existence being a TTGfag essentially being lower than Bronies at this point.

Wonder how pissy DJW is going to be about this.

DJW?

>That Raven
Christ m8.

The penultimate season had a pretty strong ending.
Then the final season had a pretty conclusive penultimate episode that could have been a finale.
Then the actual finale was an episode about how life doesn't wrap up the way you want it to and you have to fucking deal with it.

>Then the actual finale was an episode about how life doesn't wrap up the way you want it to and you have to fucking deal with it.
A fucking swerve from a show like TT. Ending still pisses me off

>People are complaining about the show's airtime
And?

Derrick J. Wyatt.

A bald fatass who's a major control freak, can't design a character to save his life, and throws a tantrum when someone draws one of his characters wrong.

>no crossover between the Puffy AmiYumi show and TTG

And you don't have an argument to make because the only reason why you're defending this shit is because people hate it.

Not that user.

Not really. We don't death threat writers over a cartoon.

It's called bait. They keep casting it, you idiots keep biting it. Hence, they continue to make these kinds of episodes.

The new rules literally accomplished nothing. Generals went nowhere because they have new content coming out weekly. They still make them and the mods do nothing.

Also, even if they show less of TTGO or none for a while, some people wouldn't even care since they can just go use the Internet or Comcast to watch any shows they want.

>ttg sets the bait with old tt
>Sup Forums deepthroats it every time

>its a sad existence being a TTGfag essentially being lower than Bronies
no

Go back to your box Boco

>people still upset Weeaboo Titans ended.

Were people this upset when Super Hero Squad was a thing?

Well, here are some possible members

Disney XD not reairing Super Hero Squad is weird.

>sending the Titans to a former version of Teen Titans Go!.

does this mean the "new teen titans" shorts or what