>Defenders proved that the Netflix shows aren't planned ahead at all

>>Defenders proved that the Netflix shows aren't planned ahead at all.
>>Inhumans is bombing
>>Marvel Legacy has absolutely no hype or new ideas.
>>Stuff that could be fun is shot down, such as Bunn's Mania pitches.

What the ever loving fuck is happening to Marvel?! This is the absolute worst place it's been since the 90's! Hell, it's almost worst than the 90's because at least there was an off brand book that was somewhat nuance!

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/
comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel_comics/marvel-legacy-comic-book-shops-are-rebelling-against-lenticular-order-requirements-a153513
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Disney

Avengers Disassembled was the end of Marvel and anything you enjoyed after that was just a dead cat bounce.

I doubt very much that Disney is ok with the low sales. Purge soon.

She's an adult.

Comfort.

They got too comfortable with their position in the comic book market, and the lack of foresight is starting to show. The movies didn't help either; Marvel coasted on their popularity for too long, and while the films are still popular they obviously don't correlate with strong and consistent comic sales.

A Marvel wiki says that she's at least 20.

Incredible Hercules?
Thunderbolts?
Nextwave?
X-Factor?

Theres really no reason for Disney to step in to make sure their tv division, or the comics, are doing well when the MCU movies are making bank.

if a purge happens, which of the new characters survive and which are washed away? Because i feel they'll let Bendis keep Miles but Riri is taking the Tony spotlight movie watchers want so she's gotta go

I'm a lot less interested now.

It wouldn't be characters, but the staff. Basically what we were worried about when the purchase happened and now hope for instead.
>mfw they lease titles to IDW

>such as Bunn's Mania pitches.

Wait, what? We could have had a Mania tv show?

Yea Disney hates money. This is what you sound like.

Laziness.
Or rather, lack of passion.
Every year Marvel has fewer people working there who give a single shit.

It was already happening before the Disney purchase, but them having that Mouse Money safety net has only made them even lazier.

Can't believe I'm doing this.

>Bunn's Mania pitches.
Explain further.

Way to miss the point jackass. They're MAKING shit tons of money already, all the other 2 do is advertise for MCU movies at this point, which is all they care about. And they can take the hit if they want, its fucking Disney, The Mouse can wipe his ass with $100 bills.

Cullen Bunn has pitched several Mania stories to Marvel, and editorial says no. In fact, she was supposed to appear in Monsters Unleashed. Good thing Moon Girl showed up instead, amiright?

>how to make a character from a team book have a better Iron Man legacy origin better than the actual current legacy hero for Iron Man

>Laziness.
>Or rather, lack of passion.
>Every year Marvel has fewer people working there who give a single shit.

I would go further and say fans who aren't that original took over. For example, look at Kate Leth. She's wrote Hellcat and tried to make it slice of life, and the most she can come up with is "Bed Bugs"? There's clearly a sign that this woman has done nothing important with her life and spent majority of it online. And that's the big problem with Marvel's current writers, they don't explore obscure books or movies, they don't go out in the world to try new things, they just preach mundane ideas they get online.

It's like how everyone loves Peggy Carter now cause of Cap's first film and act like she's royalty in the comics.

>Good thing Moon Girl showed up instead, amiright?

This an Riri's origin are like night and day.

Al Ewing is like the Brian Bendis from a better universe.

you heard me senpai, just a mirage that gave the appearance of improvement

Christ, they won't even let him give her cameo appearances?

How long till he just goes DC exclusive?
He'd be a solid pick to finally replace Venditti.

This, it wouldn't surprise me if the mouse wanted the low sales, or at least doesn't care, just to eventually cut the chaff and be corporately in the right.

>such as Bunn's Mania pitches.
Wait, what?

The pool of talent isn't infinite dude, they already have their hand full with the movies

Didn't he get bullied off DC when he (literally) raped Aquaman?

What even IS Riri's origin?

>Al Ewing is like the Brian Bendis from a better universe.

How? Bendis gets all his ideas from popular movies and TV shows and online communities (such as Miles from the Donald Glover as Spider-Man petition and Ice Man being gay from CBR's forums)

Power rankings for characters to survive the Disney Purge after seeing how shit Marvel has been

Safe tier:
Miles
Time displaced O5 X-Men
Any character who had already had a Identity before being pushed as a legacy unless otherwised mentioed
Kamala Khan because they can just recton her being a Inhuman

Worried Tier:
Viv Vision
Sam Wilson Nova
Gwenpool once Hastings/Gurihuri stop working on her
Amaedus Cho Hulk

Press F for disrespect/part of the Inhuman push tier:
Moon Girl
America
Squirrel Girl's ugly on purpose design
Mosaic
Riri
Jane Foster Thor
Carol as Capitan Marvel if her movie flops otherwise she's in worried tier
Any not mentioned before

Her teacher wasn't racist enough so Riri decided to build a robot suit.

SJW poisoning. They don't give a shit as long as they have their milkshakes and can bash trump on twitter.
They dont love comics or care about any of the established beloved legacy characters people actually want to read about
If you fire them for being bad at their job, then you are just another sexist/racist/homophobe

She's a genius and her life has been super easy and perfect.

She decided to be Tony Stark when, as a child, she forced a kindly, supportive teacher that she couldn't grow up to be something and the teacher said "Tony Stark" just to appease this shitty child.

she made a school report about what she wanted to be when she grew up and her white teacher was supportive about her. Riri then used autistic oppression logic to browbeat the woman into saying she couldn't do it in order to be motivated enough to do it. Also... something dead best friend, secret college project i don't know

>Bunn going back to DC after the Aquafiasco

Read the thread. God, I hate how Sup Forums waifufags always get so blindsided.

>Gwenpool once Hastings/Gurihuri stop working on her
Pretty sure that's how it's going to be regardless of a purge.

She made a iron suit in her dorm on a dare

I feel you can swap Cho with America because her book is radioactive bad but she's decent in the Ultimates and has history in Marvel before this current push while Cho Hulk is rooted right into this shit show and when they bring Bruce back, they'll most likely turn him back to either what he was during his Herc days or just vanish

yeah but i can see current Marvel keeping Gwenpool regardless of Hastings/Gurihiru leaving because of Heather Antos seeing her as a self-insert

If it makes you feel better, she is grooming an underage girl into depending on her.

wait this origin actually makes sense why marvel didn't use her as the legacy character for iron man instead of miss autismo ?

it's so Bendis can have a self-insert for his wife's daughter

I really want to like Amadeus Cho, but why is he so stupid? His smartest feat in Totally Awesome was mixing Sodium Hydroxide with Fin Fang Foom's Acid breath to choke him. All his better feats came from before he became hulk, but the entire reason he sacrificed his strength as hulk was so that he could utilize his intelligence alongside hulk's strength. Sam,Kamala Khan, and young Cyclops all have better strategies than him in Champions. Am I missing something? Why is he so mediocre?

>Defenders proved that the Netflix shows aren't planned ahead at all.

Seemed pretty planned. It was also pretty good, aside from a 1-2 episode lull in the middle where the pacing got sort of confused and weird.

>Inhumans is bombing

Literally just Perlmutter's pet project. Nobody else in Marvel wants it to exist, he created out of sheer blunt-minded willpower. The rest of Marvel's TV/film people are probably celebrating right now, because this will push Ike even further away from any creative control over their stuff.

>Marvel Legacy has absolutely no hype or new ideas.
>Stuff that could be fun is shot down, such as Bunn's Mania pitches.

Yeah, Marvel's comics are shit right now, what else is new? We all already know what's wrong here. The people in charge of actually approving projects are stupidly fixated on two ideas for turning profit: 1. replacing storytelling with big dumb events and movie synergy, and 2. replacing storytelling with hamhanded virtue signalling. It's pretty shitty, but it will collapse in on itself. The quality of the big 2 comes and goes in waves, it always has.

Aside from Marvel's comics being in one of their low waves right now, Marvel overall it doing pretty great. Their films have been immensely popular and met with critical acclaim, as have the majority of their TV projects. Want the comics to get better again? Don't fucking buy them, or even talk about them, as the crusty old fucks in charge still adhere to the "bad publicity is good publicity" shit.

Good news! Bendis is going to use Toni in his Iron Man book soon!

Time-displaced X-Men may be in trouble.

The TV series has shown that Inhumants are doomed to fail. Getting the X-Men back on track as something that actually makes big money may be a reaction to this, and, well, nobody likes the O5 so why keep em?

Oh come on, seriously? Can he not ruin more shit please?

Sam is safe. Jeph Loeb is comfortably the tv/animation division and his surrogate son will thus be protected.

>Seemed pretty planned. It was also pretty good, aside from a 1-2 episode lull in the middle where the pacing got sort of confused and weird.
Except the Hand completely fell apart. How did we go from DD 1 where Nobu was presented as a master Ninja and Gao only spoke Chinese and was a separate faction, to the Hand being an actual army of ninjas doing spooky shit with kids, to Iron Fist's Good Hand/Bad Hand and Gao being part of it, to Defenders having an empty office building and not a single ninja in sight.

They really are making this up as they go along and people are distracted cause "HA HA, Jessica Jones is being sarcastic to everyone else"

>Carol as Capitan Marvel if her movie flops otherwise she's in worried tier

Marvel movies don't flop, son.

And why would they shunt her back to Ms. Marvel when they have another Ms. Marvel around, and no other Captain Marvel around? YAAAS is here to stay.

Well, seeing how she's a lesbian, and Bendis is notorious for killing off lesbian characters in his book.

Because Bendis has veto power and wanted sweet sweet Riri licensing bucks.

"Shit, someone made a better Iron Girl than me, better force her into my book then ruin her!"

Sounds about right.

Like, the fact that Bendis went from not even acknowledging she exist to saying on his Tumblr that Toni will appear in an upcoming arc of Riri isn't thrilling. I bet you it'll be her getting her ass kicked by the villain of the book before going to miss afro.

Has Toni and Tony ever even been in the same book?

>He thinks normies won't be tired of the MCU after Infinity War

The hype is already turning back up again, user. People are legitimately more excited for a fucking Thor movie, in spite of his previous offerings, than they are for Justice League.

We're in for the long haul. This shit won't die until well and truly ground into the dirt.

Bendis is so lazy that he rarely catches the popularity waves. He had JJ and Moon Girl talk in one panel to say he wrote Moon Girl (not talking, btw). He shrugged off fans asking for young Jean interacting with Rachel Summers with a stupid gag to have the rest of the issue be Ice Man and Cyclops hitting on girls. He even threatened to kill Pixie cause fans wanted to see her.

Bendis purely writes for himself.

No company wants ANY part of it's business to be doing poorly. Yeah a single MCU movie makes what the entirety of Marvel Comics makes in a whole year, but I'm sure the mouse wouldn't turn its nose up at MCU money AND a strong comic division.

user, you and I could write better than the current crop at marvel.

Anons have already proved to be better artists already.

that x-men thing coming out looks interesting

Toni has been in New Avengers - US Avengers. So no.

Cho will exist in some form, but not as hulk. I bet he goes back to sidekick. Aside from Silk, he's like the only asian.

America I bet gets stuck on team books.

Wildcard: Captain America Chavez.

Some people can't into business.

Thanks, user! Getting bored with my Power Pack collection.

First, because it's champions, and waid needs hulk to be a dumb dudebro, and project toxic mascuclinity all over the place.

But can you imagine how OP chulk would be if he could do that crazy rube goldberg bullseye crap as hulk?

Can't include the movies. Not under Marvel Entertainment but its own division under Feige.

Disney doesn't give a fuck. They cut the entire videogame division because, even though it was making money, it wasn't making ALL the money.

Does the Champions have anyone in-character? Cho is "dumb dudebro", Kamala is "angry brown lady", etc.

>Disney purges all this SJW legacy shit

Miles is in character for having no character aside from being black

its all up to frank

Kike Perlmutter.
Joe Quesadilla.
Jeph "Son-Died Tomatoes" Loeb.
Bendis.
Dan Slott.
Alanso
Writers who were hired because of their skin color, religion, or sexual orientation, as opposed to writers who were hired for their talent, neutrality, and willingness to consider all sides and viewpoints instead of only pandering to their own.

DELET these fucks

X-force
Right clops
O5 jean ironically

I'd just be happy with Carol looking feminine and attractive again. I don't care what she calls herself.

By next year DC is going to take Ewing and Marvel is going to be pretty much unreadable.

>Aside from Silk,
Who is nowhere right now...

Dose teachers tho...Toni went to Milfschool?

I think they're going to have her hair grow out a bit. Legacy is showing her with shoulder length hair.

marvel will more than likely close marvel down and outsource characters to other publishers so everyone introduced in the last 10 years is more or less doomed but in case they don't...

miles & riri only continue to exist because bendis will just straight up quit marvel if they do anything to them. if you get rid of bendis you get rid of them and vice versa.

kamala & carol depend on whether or not the movie does well.

sam will probably be safe until they introduce rich in the movies but is otherwise doomed.

viv, moon girl, gwenpool, ms.america, robbie, amadeus as hulk & mosaic are pretty much doomed

captain falcon & fem thor are already gone now

X23 as wolverine depends on whether or not disney wants to work with FOX and/or what they will do with wolverine without jackman

>Marvel mindlessly follows trends with no regard for longterm effects
Holy shit stop the fucking presses.

You know, when Marvel started throwing longtime fans to the wayside to appeal to moviefags back in 2012, none of you retards complained because you ARE moviefags. Now history repeats itself and Marvel throws you aside to appeal to girls and teens and you're bitching.

You deserve this. Now you see how fans of post-Civil War Marvel felt back then, how fans of Busiek Avengers felt when Disassembled and New Avengers happened, how fans of 80's Avengers felt when Heroes Reborn happened, and so on. You're just the latest in a long line of scorned fans suddenly learning that you were used for a quick buck.

RIP Playdom. Had one of the most played Facebook games of all time, and everyone STILL got fired!

You sound like the same idiots who thought Nintendo was going to go out of business because the Wii U wasn't selling very well.

Marvel survived literal bankruptcy while being owned by one of the Jewiest men in the entire world who was interested in Marvel only for the toy licenses, I think they'll survive sales being slightly down for a little while.

>>>Defenders proved that the Netflix shows aren't planned ahead at all.
No. It didn't. Which isn't to say that it wasn't a bit underwhelming but it was greatly improved over Anemic Fist.
>>>Inhumans is bombing
SHOCKING! Said literally no one.
So: they made a really obvious push to replace "mutants" with "Inhumans" on Agents of S.U.C.K. ( due to lack of IP rights just like having "Chitari" rather than "Skrulls" ) as well as the comics ( because Synergy ); and when that didn't take they went full retard with the Peanut Cloud as Decimation 2.0 as an excuse to put the entire X-Franchize on a Cosmic Bus.

Jewmutter's going full Trump and doubling down rather than admitting an error.

>>>Marvel Legacy has absolutely no hype or new ideas.
On the one hand this is true ( how many times can you relaunch before the well runs dry? Apparently they've just found out the hard way ); on the OTHER hand I don't hear many people bitching about Rebirth's 200 Proof NostalgiaFagging.

The difference being that Rebirth came after a LITERALLY APOLOGY TOUR and the old ideas that they're currently retreading are mostly the things that they'd ditched during Nu52 ( and that people were asking for like getting Ollie and Dinah back together and growing the goatee ect )

Secret Wars was the prefect excuse to go full Crisis/Rebirth and do a Marble Reborn ... but, nope, Same Shit Different Day. And Legacy is failing because it's 95% the exact same creative teams so it's just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

So it goes.

>>>Stuff that could be fun is shot down, such as Bunn's Mania pitches.
With this I have to assume that his pitch sucked; because having a quirky young gril version of an older male character ... I mean: Hawkeye, Iron Heart, Unstoppable Wasp, Ms Marble, ect ect.

>What the ever loving fuck is happening to Marvel?!
Jews gonna Jew:
comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/

Disney is making a streaming service soon. They will probably put Marvel media on a section of that service or another Disney owned streaming service eventually probably with other stuff like possibly Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and maybe some other tv shows that don't fit in well with the more little kid friendly streaming service section. So, they would probably prefer to some degree if the Marvel tv shows that will eventually be on there are well-regarded. With the way the movie industry is going in the US, Marvel might start years from now start making more big budget mini-series style movies/shows/videos like they have on HBO/Netflix/etc. That's only if the theater industry in the US basically collapses; but it's hard to predict what things will actually be like in the future. They could even release shorter mini-series style videos in theaters at a lesser cost. Who knows about that though.

Eventually, Marvel might care more about tv style media in the future, but Marvel Studios might eventually start making those productions rather than the main Marvel company.

>due to lack of IP rights just like having "Chitari" rather than "Skrulls"

they actually have Skrulls and they will appear in the Captain Marvel movie, they just didn't want to waste them as totally generic mooks.

>People are legitimately more excited for a fucking Thor movie, in spite of his previous offerings, than they are for Justice League.
Hey Sup Forums, you keep posting this, but i literally never seen anybody who gave a shit about Thor...ever.

You'd think 80s Avengers fans would be more pissed at the laughable state the Avengers were in until Busiek Avengers happened. 90s Avengers was absolute trash until after Heroes Reborn.

>exact same creative teams
They need to take Slott of Spider-Man. God damn

That one was before my time, so the only fan rage I'm aware of are from the mid-90's people incredibly assmad that Marvel were farming Avengers characters out to Image studios.

They wouldn't have been totally generic mooks if they had had the rights to Skrulls. They didn't at the time.

1990s Avengers had a line-up like Circe, Hercules, Black Widow, and Black Knight. They all had matching leather jackets and nothing really interesting happened. The X-Men were the big hero team of the era. None of the iconic characters came back until after Heroes Reborn.

>They need to take Slott of Spider-Man. God damn
Honestly they need to Drain the fucking Swamp and they need to start with the EIC and CCO and work their way down; but "the fish rots from the head" as they say.

Bullshit like this:
comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel_comics/marvel-legacy-comic-book-shops-are-rebelling-against-lenticular-order-requirements-a153513

That shit's pure Shylock.

What happened with that?