I've never really read DC -- or capes in general -- but with Marvel comics clearly going down the shitter I don't want...

I've never really read DC -- or capes in general -- but with Marvel comics clearly going down the shitter I don't want to try to jump on with Spidey any time soon.

If I only have time to read one DC Rebirth comic, what should it be?

Superman

Agreed. If you're into more antihero stuff though I'd argue Deathstroke.

To be honest, most of the Rebirth stuff is all good, chances are whatever you pick will be alright, but just pick what superhero you like the most.
You can't really go wrong with Batman or Superman.

I've been into Flash and Batman myself.

The correct answer is Deathstroke. It is written sort of like a primetime drama with the suspense and longer plots.

Red Hood & The Outlaws or Green Lanterns

I'm going to most recommend that you don't "jump on" with what's current just because it's new. Go back and read the classics.

Wrong, it's actually Deathstroke

Deathstroke for sure. Completely deserved it's Eisner nomination, Priest puts on a clinic in this book. Easily the best thing out of Rebirth right now

Deathstroke is the only correct answer.

Superman. It's the best comic coming out right now imo.

Hal & Friends

You mean Hal & Pals.

Deathstroke
Green Lanterns
Aquaman
Red Hood and the Outlaws

are the most accessible

Nigga, my first DC comics ever to read was Red Hood and the Outlaws. Definitely worth and made me into DC stuff.

>with the suspense and longer plots.
user, how new are you? those primetime dramas all copy comics. specifically batman comics. have you ever seen the new hawaii 5-0? it's all batman plots.

Detective

I'd say Superman as well but
>I've never really read DC
probably means he'd be a bit confused. Same problem with Deathroke, or moreso Priests writing style.

For a complete newcomer to DC I'd suggest Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Lanterns, Green Arrow or Aquaman.

If you gotta read batman, you need to read the best classics as Batman has so much amazing material out there.

As for DC rebirth it's

Action comics
Superman
Batman
Green Lantern
Red Hood and the outlaws
DeathStroke
New Super-man
Green arrow
Super sons

The rest of rebirth that's not listed here are good but not great. Also justice league sucks don't read it.

>Not including the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams run that introduced all the good Ra's Al Ghul and League of Assassins stuff

I don't see how RH&tO isn't going to have similar issues as Superman (from Biz's existence to the other Amazon stuff, etc., or likewise Ollie's old New 52 existence coming forth. If he has no clue about why Arthur and Mera haven't yet married or the entire redheaded prophecy stuff, etc.

He might as well start with a more entertaining and better written book. Plus Superman has generally the better art for the first three arcs than the other books.

New Super-Man is better

Detective comics.

Because Red Hood explains Jason's incredibly simple backstory in the Rebirth issue.
>Jason was killed
>Jason came back
>Jason was a dick
>Now he wants to be a better person

>from Biz's existence
His even simpler backstory is also explained in the issues. What complex backstory is there for him? You don't need to have read Forever Evil to understand what a failed clone is. Hell, this Bizarro was literally never in anything else apart from this run.
>the other Amazon stuff
The Bana-Mighdall and Artemis literally not in anything else before this run in the entire New-52.

>Ollie's old New 52 existence coming forth.
Completely unnecessary considering he's essentially a different character post-Rebirth.
>why Arthur and Mera haven't yet married or the entire redheaded prophecy stuff
Both of which are clearly explained in the current run multiple times.

Look, Superman is my favorite book post-Rebirth but it is absolutely not new reader friendly. Even when they tried to explain what was going on in the book it's still pretty confusing if you haven't actually read any of the previous related stuff.

I think you should come up with better ideas for shill threads you fucking idiots.