>title card has Norb
>cliché happens to Dag
Reelly mahkays you thunk.

>It's A Wonderful Life Trope
>everyone in the show is better without the main character

Hey man the Spongebob one was great

"Bye everyone I'll remember you all in therapy!"

>all these shows were airing at the same time at one point

>slapstick is almost entirely directed to one character, rather than being divided among the cast

>A christmas carol trope

Too true.

>Female characters can only suffer slapstick if they're ugly

bitchy older sister

It seems that whenever the main character has a sister, she's always a bitch whether she's younger or older.

Worst of all is if she's a twin.

>MC kills a bunch of nameless goons without remorse
>can't kill the boss because "you would be no better"

I'm so sick of hack writers failing to understand how basic morals work.

>title is a reference to its a wonderful life
>yet no one seems to be going through it
>It's reveled halfway through the episode that a character never mentioned before chose to get erased from the world because everyone lives a better life without him.
>the protagonists tries to save said character
>they fail

>funny guy of the group fucks something up, at the end of the episode he fixes it, group has to apologize to him.

YOU fucked up!
YOU apologize!

>foreign transfer student is better than the childhood friend next door

has this ever happened

Truly 2001 was the height of Nickelodeon.

Fun fact, It's A Wonderful Life actually bombed hard when it came out and only became a christmas tradition because the rights were dirt cheap.

I saw Adam Ruins Everything too

I've never seen nor heard of that. I learned it from kickassfacts.com

No, people always use these tropes threads to test their shitty ideas.

Fuck off, comicfag.

>It's a "character gets two tickets to go somewhere and has to decide who to bring" episode.

It's one of those lovely tropes so cliched that mocking how cliched it is has also become cliched.

>Person A: We need to think of an idea
>Person B: Um, how about we try this?
>Person C: C'mon guys, does anyone have an idea?
>Person B: Well, there is this-
>Person D: Oh hey, how about we try THIS?
>Person C: Wow, that's a great idea! Person B, why didn't you think of something like that?

only Duck Dodgers did it right.

Bump.

>angry midget: male
is a buttmonkey
>angry midget; female
is a little shit who gets away with everything.

>Character says something
>Other character hears a fragment of what their saying and thinks they're insulting them
>Other character refuses to listen to or believe the character's explanation that they just heard a fragment

That's another one so cliche that parodying it is a cliche.
Which is to say "something you'd never hear me say is *overheard fragment*, because that is the opposite of how I feel!"

Fuck this person, legoes have to disguise as girl toys to be sold otherwise parents only buy to boys.

Have you seen the girl Legos? They are much different than what boys get.

>character starts crying
>it's not the mostly silent type characterized by heaving and irregular, audible intake of breath
>it's really loud and obnoxious sobbing

This is up there on the cringe factor, I swear to christ

What a shame then

Of course you totally ignore the fact that they actually sell and that maybe most girls find them more appealing, huh tumblr?

>"How could this possibly get worse?"
>gets worse

>states a fact
>tumblr
You have mental problems.

Maybe the answer was directed at the last post I quoted, newfag.
Why don't you lurk 2 more years before posting, child?

"The Algae's Always Greener" was hilarious though.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qu7X_2G_3k

You're still working off a bunch of weird assumptions.

Well, it's realistic

What angry female midgets are there?

>Straight man: male
Is the show's main butt monkey

>Straight man(or woman, I guess): female
Is completely immune to all slapstick

>Funny one fucks something up
>Is completely immune fro the consequences, while everybody else has to fix it
>Everybody still has to apologize to them

Both types are realistic, go with the type that doesn't splice the audience's feeling of gloom with disgust and embarassment

>A Group of guys cant solve somtgung
>the new girl shows up to try and solve it
>the guys laugh at her
>she solves it in no time
>guys are all aw sruck
>she walks away smug

>episode is a poor rehash of a well-known Shakespeare play

Fuck you, I like It's a Wonderful Life

I think "It's a wonderful life" style plots are interesting if they offer interesting take on how things would have proceeded without the character.
I kind of like seeing characters in entirely different situations.
However the angle of some kind of force trying to convince the character on how they are important can go and fuck off to swamp, only time it was done well was in Star Trek: Next Generation.

We GOTTA save the rec center plots
>Anyone wanna discuss?

>I enjoy watching girls get hurt

I know that's not your intent, but just go on youtube and look up the Crash and Coco Bandicoot death animations. All the comments on the Crash ones are about how silly it is, all the comments on the Coco ones are about how "sexy" it is.

Isn't the Alan Moore story where Superman gets possesed by the Black Orchid kind of a reverse-Its a Wonderful Life?

>that johnny bravo episode when Mark twain appeared in the end to tell people to stop paroding his tales. He gets jailed along with johnny and the prince

>he didn't like "It's a wishful life"

>boy vs girls episode
They were boring and weird.
>Younger sibling always getting away when fucking shit up
>Even worse, the older sibling takes the blame for it
And
>Main girl is a bitch know-it-all

>all parents always buy exactly what their kids want
>girls don't play with regular Legos
>"girl legos" work just like regular Lego sets and are not basically Polly Pockets with some removable parts.
>girls who play with girl lego sets wouldn't be just as happy with some barbie or horse show toy set.

>character makes a complete idiot of themselves
>gets yelled at
>leaves while sad music plays

Also known as liar revealed but pic also related

>female lead is a strong, independent, takes no crap person who is totally NOT like a stereotypical princess
>still feels the need to say this 13 years after that trope started

It's gotten to the point where strong female princess IS the new stereotype.

little related. I remember seeing the trailer for the 2012 Three Stooges movie when I was 13.
Everything in it (the orphanage, the kewl nuns, the little kids) made me predict that it was gonna be a "save the X" plot with a "group splits up 2/3s of the way through" part. And I got it to a T without seeing a summary. It's such a dumb trope

Don't hate this trope but recently noticed older adult cartoons had a lot of jokes about not being able to find the clit and doubting the existence of the female orgasm

>female character is a strong, independent, very kind person who is totally NOT like a stereotypical soldier.
>She want's to wear cute dresses and frilly stuffs.
Why the nips get this but we don't?

youtube.com/channel/UCo6oQNFgoUuY0CA6LyAFiFA

>portal to another world opens up
>you never get to see what's the other side
>worse if the characters talks about it all the time, but never once in the show go to the other side

>"Hey, let's go to X place!"
>whole episode is about dealing with the fact they can't go to X instead
>even worse when a character cripple the main character or the group, and X is either never reach, destroyed or never seen again in the later episode

Doing also had this.

was "the algae's always greener" really a wonderful life reference? seems like a pretty generic lifeswap episode, it was never a "what if i didn't exist" thing.

Fuck that person and all of you, Lego doesn't have a plural form.
>legoes
Fuck you especially.

>bigger than life creature tries to eat or otherwise hurt main characters
>is portrayed as a bad guy even though he's just doing his job or trying to live

>Character wears a different-than-usual outfit in the first episode
>Change into their usual outfit at the end
>The first one's better

The plural is LEGO Bricks.

>they kill the creature

never as bad as the annoying little sister

>Angry/edgy guy goes too far
>runs away because he's embarrased
>has to fight someone and barely stops himself from killing him showing he has his emotions in check
>this only happens one episode and by the next epispde he's still the same as the ones prior to the last.

doesn't make it not true

>moral of the episode/arc is "Remember: She's your sister and she's family and you have to love her like a sister and in her own, shallow, not-nearly-equivalent, completely void of respect or courtesy or anything other than privilege of your usefulness to her way, she loves you too.
>D'AWWWW FAMILY IS SO PRESHUS, EVERYTHING THAT SHITTY UNREMORSEFUL CHARACTER DID IS FORGIVEN, YOU ARE A BAD AND MEAN PERSON BROTHER-CHARACTER, LEARN TO LOVE.

>doing the right thing means everything will turn out good in the end
I really like this in theory, but most of the time it isn't true and it sends a false idea.

>Female character does something socially horrible/backhanded to male character
>Male character tries to get back at her through social means
>Fails, female character uses it as more fuel for the fire
>Desperate, male character tries to get back at her through direct confrontational means
>Female looks like victim, plays up the "oh no I'm so scared someone help" card, everyone sides with her, gangs up on now villainous-looking male character and either beat the shit out of him, shout him down, or kick him out
>Female character never gets comeuppance, male character never gets sympathy or consolation prize
>The moral they try to spin: Keep that violent rage in check, you mean, savage boys! You should just let these things slide and accept them, there is nothing you can do. Just let these shitty manipulative people walk all over you and ruin your life just to briefly benefit theirs. Take it in stride, and don't forget to smile!

>Oh man, guys, my older brother, he is the coolest motherfucker in all the land
>He's so badass and strong and wise, this guy taught me everything I know in one afternoon while he was eating lunch and only half-paying-attention to me
>He's so funny and cool, he always knows fun adventures and always takes us to cool places and buys us cool things
>He's the best ally we could ever hope for, he inspires me to do such great things and I know he'll inspire you too
>He even hangs out with all these prominent, powerful characters in our story that we have only had fleeting glimpses or interactions with, oh man, the stories my brother could tell and things he could teach us...

Choice time!

>A) Older brother doesn't exist. The "younger brother" trying to hype him up just wanted attention and to look cool and be valued for once. Everyone hugs him and reassures him that they value him just the way he is and that he doesn't need to make things up to seem important, then they go right back to shitting all over him and outright joking about how useless and pathetic he is in the next episode.

>B) Older brother is actually a huge asshole who is disappointingly unimpressive, doesn't give a fuck about anyone, is kind of a freeloader, and is dragging everyone down. Intervention with younger brother is staged and it's revealed that younger brother either only idolized him since he was a little kid when he last knew him, or that younger brother was blinded by his love of family, and is reassured that he's actually the one who has all those cool traits that he saw in his brother, but then goes right back to getting shit on in the following episodes.

Has any show ever done
>Your removal from the timeline has a complex effect, leading for some positive and some negative effects for different people
>Over all, it's irrelevant, because you don't have to live for other people

There was an episode of Donkey Kong Country that had this trope but they had a song and a part where Dong goes to the world where he never existed and tries to make it better.

>a scene done without dialouge means it's automatically artistic and cutting edge
>a scene with eye assualting bright colours abd smooth fluid animation automatically makes it trippy

>Show has a chip on it's shoulder about another show/movie/whatever
>Takes it out on an innocent character
Also applies when a show punishes a nice character for being unpopular. Scrappy Doo did literally nothing wrong!

>Tfw I knew as soon as I saw that one okay episode of Bojack that was set underwater, people would be jerking it off all year for being "soooooooo arteestic"

Honest question, what shows suffer this issue? Because I hear this but every show I've sen with slap stick it's fairly gender neutral

To be fair Fair Odd Parents at least made the gag that the world was better without Timmy.

I can't fucking watch plots that involve a moment where something like this happens, and the protagonist just accepts the situation without even trying to simply explain what clearly happened.

>a scene done without dialouge means it's automatically artistic and cutting edge

Telling a story without dialog is actually a talent worth lauding, the issue is that not everyone does it well.

that's what happens when bad writers try to be universal

>character gets called out
>instead of defending themselves they just hang their head in shame and resign from the argument
>character gets redeemed or cleared of accusation in a roundabout way that takes all episode

>nothing bad ever happens to an attractive woman/cute girl