I just don't know what went wrong

I just don't know what went wrong

There was a Jem movie? Shit, must of happened when I was on deployment. I guess it sucked huge dragon cock.

Try watching the movie and you'll understand exactly what went wrong in it. Which was everything.

>I just don't know what went wrong

Really? You can't grasp that a movie company known for shoe-string budget films bought the rights to make a movie of an 80s cartoon on the cheap, and only used it's name and recognition to make a generic band movie?

>Really? You can't grasp that a movie company known for shoe-string budget films bought the rights

Wasn't it made by the movie company Hasbro actually owns, Allspark pictures? You know, Allspark, as in Transformers

No Misfits

Um, where do I even begin.

>songs sucked
>no misfits
>and thus, you get no lesbian Stormer and Kimber
>51N3RG.Y....fucking really

I could go on all night, but I got to get some sleep.

No. Farmed out to Blumhouse. The Paranormal Activity guys.

I had to turn it off a few minutes into it because it was this unappealing found footage thing

>farmed out to Blumhouse

That's hilarious. Clearly the guys behind The Purge and Insidious are your best choice to produce a Jem movie.

A production company who's never given a budget over ten million dollars. Perfect choice for a fucking Jem movie.

>Everyone says Death NOte was a shitty adaptaion
>Never seen jem

Death Note was at least an honest attempt to make something. Even if it failed, it failed with effort.

Jem gets no point.

Death Note is at least about a Death Note and killing people with a Death Note

I don't even know what this movie was trying to be. It had characters with the same name but absolutely nothing else.

Jem is truly outrageous.
This movie was exceedingly mundane.

>I don't even know what this movie was trying to be

Josie and the Pussycats with all the jokes taken out.

Yeah, it's a mystery.

Actually, they gave it to Jon M. Chu to direct. He was behind Step Up 2: The Streets. If anyone was going to make a dumb but unironically fun Jem movie, I'd put money on him.

People who didn't watch the cartoon made the movie.

Well, they WERE in like the last minute of film. Clearly setting up a sequel that would never exist

Should we just admit that they're the EA of toy companies?

They've had a lot of crap, but still more quality in numbers regarding multimedia than any other toy company, and arguably more successful

The only thing Mattel has going for it these days is Monster High, which has a pretty niche fandom compared to Hasbro's reaction to it which was Equestria Girls

Then you have Playmates which...yeah the only thing they have is Ninja Turtles, which in it's prime was a bigger craze than Transformers ever was but those days have long since passed, Bayformers get sequel after sequel while the attempt to revive TMNT in movies failed

They just kind of took the basic concepts of "girl with dead dad discovers scifi tech from dead dad and becomes popstar with sister" and tried to turn it into a Disney Original Movie tier bore fest

Just because they're profiting, doesn't make them good.
Hence the EA comparison.

Well, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about....are you talking about toys, or multi media? Because either way the argument can still be made they're ahead of their competition

Compare the number of well received shows or even beloved shows put out by Hasbro to the number associated with Mattel or Playmates

No Misifits.

it came out in like 2014

>you take an interesting and unique property.

>strip everything that made it unique to update it.
>you rape it's soul by kiddiefying it.
>deage the man characters to tweens.
>give it a budget that is laughable.
>written by a autist or something

and you expected it to fucking work?

It was a good movie

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- No.

>

For who?
Not for the fans of the original show, because it had nothing to do with it.
Not for 80's style fans, since it was set in current years and the girls look more like Katy Perry wannabes than anything.
Not for rock band movie fans, because of how unremarkably boring it was.
Not for perverts, because the actresses were bland looking in both face and body.
Not even for hologram fans, because the movie didn't actually have any.
So who exactly could this movie be good for?

>ywn never get a Jem meets Bubblegum Crisis movie

I don't know. Try everything.

If there was ever a time for that to happen, it has long passed.