So is Sup Forums disappointed because this took so long to come out or because it's point-and-click?

So is Sup Forums disappointed because this took so long to come out or because it's point-and-click?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YwuRP
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Potentially those reason but mostly because IT'S RELATED TO FUCKIN HOMESTUCK

Is it written by Huss?

haha naw man

Why?What is this faggot even doing right now?Why he can't even write the story?

the point and switch was actually a better idea since homestuck was already reminicent of older games
the length of it coming out is from hussie being fucked in the ass multiple times

the problem is this . the more free reign people have over his work the more shit it tends to be. I'll play the game no matter what just to see though

I'm haven't been disappointed since I learned years ago that Hussie wasn't going to write. After that this whole debacle has been much more enjoyable, seeing as I have no great desire to play it aside from the curiosity of seeing how it turned out.

I've been disappointed that the development has been marred with delays and a complete lack of communication because Hussie doesn't care care anymore.

How to make Hiveswap succesful:

>Add Davekat hints
>Add gay ships
>You can find John's hanged corpse in his house

Don't forget
>you can find John's suicide note and hammer
>you can take up his will and purge the menace

what would his note read, I wonder

This was supposed to come out years ago. It's just now coming, and it's episode 1 of part 1. This game went through development hell, and I have little hope for it.

Imgur link to a few screenshots from the demo from Pax West

imgur.com/a/YwuRP

>imgur.com/a/YwuRP
....christ, it looks like a flash game you'd see on Newgrounds.

BHNTDWF

>her dad is full-on dual-wielding flintlock pistols and blasting butterflies with a giant-ass blunderbuss
>Joey can't stand firearms

Also that drawing of Roxy/Teen Mom in the diary

>All of that fucking description text
>Only the already done joke about intentionally leaving a diary page/log entry/recording trailing off is any kind of funny

Looks alright.

But Homestuck made me too butthurt to care.

You didn't think "The past? The future? AMERICA?" was funny?

>trying to chill the fuck out i'd guess. i bet he was basically destroyed on more than a level by the comic and getting fucked over the game

the fuck are you on about? i think it looks comfy

I didn't see that one, it's better.

...didn't mean to greentext this, sorry.

Flash games on newgrounds can be plenty fun. But it's certainly not what I'd expect from years of development time.

I mean, it has a consistent style and etc, But i still think the game suffered greatly from all that bullshit they had to go through .

Point and click is cool. Mad because Huss had nothing to do with it.

because its shit quality compared to how much money and time it took to make.
scratch that, even when NOT compared to the time and money, its still subpar to many, many other newground games

Worse, for $8.

Whenever I see this thumbnail I think it says Hueswap and shows the Brazilian flag.

I played Hiveswap at PAX yesterday for about 10 minutes. The lack of frames on Joey's animation isn't as bad when you're actually playing it and I only encountered one bug. Also it just straight up mentions Bubsy by name.

>imgur.com/a/YwuRP
Wew lad, that writing is so bland it seems like someone trying really hard to write like hussie

>hussie not even writing

So what is the fucking point? That's the only thing that could've possibly been appealing about this.

But user, he did right, him and ryan north and cohen

>GAYS on the simon says

On a different note, this kind of narrative/dialogue just fuckin irks me now. I already feel bad for wanting to pirate it but I guess I'm morbidly curious how much could they fuck it up.

On yet another diferent note, what does the game has to do with Bubsy anyway?

>Bubsy anyway?
sick 90's memes

I'm glad this isn't coming out on my birthday.

Joey just has a Bubsy poster in her room, it's the only thing that isn't a parody of something.

The writing is not bad but looks as bland the post-retcon story. I was expecting that to convince me on the price.

>The writing is not bad

Delay is understandable considering the original developer literally scammed them and they had to start from scratch in-house.

Anyone not expecting a click and point game based on a webcomic based on click and point games is also a fucking moron.

it delayed 3 times, and restarted twice.

That was handled like 3 years ago, and the majority of delays came after it was already in-house.

tbf didn't the in-house have to learn everything from scratch AND make the game from scratch?

holy shit, it came out?

It supposedly will on the 14th.

>tbf didn't the in-house have to learn everything from scratch
Some of them did because Hussie was a moron who hired a bunch of incompetent amateurs, who he then fired wholesale and replaced with incompetent professionals who continued to bungle the development.

>AND make the game from scratch?
No, they are using Unity. The most idiot proof engine on the planet.

And its still not on steam

>looks like a flash game you'd see on Newgrounds
So what you're saying is it looks faithful to Homestuck

>Some of them did because Hussie was a moron who hired a bunch of incompetent amateurs, who he then fired wholesale and replaced with incompetent professionals who continued to bungle the development.
sounds like he can't get a break
also
>incompetent professionals
whut?

>No, they are using Unity. The most idiot proof engine on the planet.
using an engine to make it yes, most games do. but they had to start from scratch, none of TOG's work was used nor usable.

It's on Greenlight, so it's at least been approved for a Steam release.

>sounds like he can't get a break
He chose to hire those people. He looked at the resumes and said to himself "Yes, this game thing can be done by a bunch of people with zero experience in the field, this is how I will proceed." It's like saying someone can't catch a break because they stuck their penis inside of a doorway and slammed it shut.

>whut?
The current team are now at something like a 2.5/3 year development cycle for the single episode of a Unity engine point and click game that they couldn't even nail down a proper release date for. That's fucking atrocious.

>using an engine to make it yes, most games do. but they had to start from scratch, none of TOG's work was used nor usable
Oh, you were literally asking if to make a game they had to make the game. Yes. That's generally how it works.

Yep, and it sure is up to date too