youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY
youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>once we begin mass production...

>"We're all sons of the patriots now!"

Major, I'M BURNING UP

*starts humming*
youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY

>It's 2014 and you idiots still cant get CGI to look like the rest of the animation style

The ability to do that has been around forever.

How many years did it take to build that mecha?

Korra had some good ideas, but horrible execution. And characters.

i thought it was dumb

I expected a Railway Gun. Instead I got an Eva rip-off.

if most of the metal was derived from zaofu's domes? probably only months if not mere weeks.

I thought that even a mech half the size of that would have been stupid.

Thought it was rad as fuck.

There was never any chance they were going to write a non-retarded finale, so it was better to go retarded/awesome than retarded/lame.

>instead of getting an awesome 1v1 like zuko vs azula we get a lame giant mechzilla wannabe robot

Leave anime to the japs, man. You can't do it as cool so don't even try

>Artillery that has recoil and requires a carefully maintained setting to fire properly
>Let's put it on a humanoid mecha!

The kind of love for gigantomaniac inefficiency that only Adolf would appreciate.

Much like the entire series, 'Holy shit you were so close to being good but you had to fuck it up'

Amon could have been A+ but they throw it out as just blood bending and the bender / non bender relations are never really solved.

Actually liked the avatar origin with the spirit host thing but lol nope korras usless bitch and messed it all up and never learns her lesson.

Earth kingdom wants old rightful clay. Actually has a justified claim as by then the president ruled alone without representatives of all nations as was the original treaty. and shit was spirit fucked.

*breathes in*

I would have expected a Zeppelin gun or it mounted to a battleship.

They didn't call her Metal Hitler because she did anything wrong.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Pic related. I still can't believe nobody on staff paused for a moment and asked "is this fucking retarded, guys?"

Yeah that's what I hate most about mechs of all kinds. The human body is not designed as a war machine, the human body is a long-distance-running and toolmaking machine.

A war machine should look like a tank or, if you insist on being freestanding, a tripod or spider-like configuration. There's absolutely no reason for an elongated torso and dangling arms.

Lots of smaller mechs each individually controlled by a metal bender would have been cool. Make them different sizes so that the stronger metal benders could use larger ones.

Have Korra and the police take one down and have them pilot it.

Queue an Avatar piloted mecha that uses fire, water, and wind in addition to metal.

Then it gets ripped apart by all the enemy metal benders combining their will only for Korra to jump out Avatar mode and start ripping and tearing.

b-but m-muh eva. everyone likes eva right?

The thing with the Evangelions is that you can hand wave the impracticality of a humanoid warbot of them away with the AT Field.

As soon as I saw it I thought "OH SHIT WE'RE GETTING MECHA VS GIANT SPIRIT KORRA THIS WILL SAVE THIS SEASON!"

Then it didn't happen and I spat on the ground in disgust.

E-earth Kingdom is literally Hitler!

SIX BAJILLION FIRE BENDERS

I bet you're the kind of tasteless realism-fag that likes the look of SB: Heavy Armor mechs.

Thing is, first Avatar had no problem with presenting reasonably scaled war machinery.
Once you manage to lay down such quality, why forego it in favour of utter BS?

Not to mention that this machine in your post would still collapse upon itself. :^)

That it's fucking stupid that a world that can throw giant hills, create lava out of thin air, and can fucking control limb by their blood can't take down a metal robot.

>Such a lust for revenge! WHO!?

Now witness the firepower of this FULLY armed and OPERATIONAL battlestation!

It just works!

It was just yet another stupid decision in a long line of stupid decisions, so it barely got an eye roll out of me. My expectations were so fucking low by that point it would have taken something truly outrageous to really get a big reaction out of me.

I thought it was a very interesting take on what a WMD would look like in the Avatar universe. Fuck Sup Forums and their shitty opinions.

Saw it in the catalog and was glad I stopped watching a few episodes into season 2.

did the show fuck up your head canon

I would have said "Shark Jumping Time" if Korra hadn't done that back in season 2.

why do retards think that the original avarar didn't have any technology

>There's absolutely no reason for an elongated torso and dangling arms.

But it looks cool.

The drill was interesting. This was lame.

Can't lie. If I was a dictator, this is the kind of shit I'd do.

youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE

yeah let's forget about the tanks jet skis and factories

>EVA ripoff
Because Evangelion invented the giant robot

I wouldn't have even minded a walking tank so much if it were treated like the Vector Cannon. Long, vulnerable startup process where the machine anchors itself to the ground and becomes completely immobile.

The drill was fucking awesome because we didn't get to see much technology like that, but it still felt natural and something conceivable. It was built up slowly by it's lack of speed, like a slow motion train trash which gave it this 'oh shit'.

A giant robot is fucking lame. We could have had giant tanks, guns and cannons but instead they tried to go EVA.

Plus Eva units are more like advanced alien life with cybernetic implants.

Well, I was originally hoping for them to mount the cannon on train tracks and just use it to out speed Korra, as a good technology advancement vs traditional bending fight.
But I love giant robots, so setting it appear was great even if it needed better build up. Its where they went with it the next few episodes that dragged it down

Call me old fashioned but I actually like the tank-esk design. Something made of metal should look heavy. The giant mech in korra looks like someting out of evangelion and while evangelion made the "mechs" feel giant thanks to the animation and the framing (note that most of the time they are move by trucks) but also made feel capable of moving really well thanks to the color scheme that made them look not made of metal but plastic or some other futuristic material.

the original avatar had tecnology as well but it evolved relatively slow, the tanks looked clunky and basic, the giant drill was slow and masive and the zeppelins from the second half of season 3 where a natural evolution of the flying ballon from season 1. Korra whent from biplanes to tecnology imposible even to modern 21 century humans.

so what happens if the railway isn't pointed directly toward what you need to aim at

The real life counterpart of that weapon was an experimental nazi cannon but it was designed to defend an strategic point like a city providing auxiliary artillery moving on a small rail system. It was not suppouse to be use to attack a city.

i dont git why people are mad at this its not like everybody was some bumbling retard if they can make gient drills and jet skis why not other shit whith outside help

>all the pleb-tier mech knowledge in this thread

>jehuty
>pleb-tier

Honestly, I just liked the jokes about it in the days that followed, but I actually expected Kuvira to (somehow) develop tanks with the bullshit power or just a really large one with the cannon that was in the train. I still don't know why they went with the mecha, but it doesn't bother me that much to this day.

Jehuty is Sup Forums wank, m8. You must be this ginguiser to talk in the /m/ club, kapeesh?
I kid, but honestly the mech discussion is a bit lacking.

>well that's dumb, wonder how they're going to beat it.

>oh shit they can't bend the platinum!
>show then reveals that only the outside the plat, all the insides are normal metal that can and does get bent up and fucked
so did they retcon it so that platinum blocks the bending? Also why was there barely any people inside? She had an army of thousands but put less than half a dozen soldiers inside?

Not long enough. 2 weeks to a month i'd guess.

They had to melt the domes and create the mecha shell by hand like non-benders. No way they should be able to do it in weeks.

you're approaching this as if the writers aren't hacks
remember that Korra opened the fucking portals

We went from steam punk tech has just dawned on an ancient Asian culture to super giant death ray armed robot in a single lifetime.

My first thoughts were, good God Bryke couldn't give an iota of a fucking fuck. Korra was ruined and stupid the moment from the moment season 1 ended, but they kept driving the standard of writing lower and lower and lower to the point that they have Korra fight a giant sci fi robot. Literally. That's her final opponent. A giant futuristic robot. It's the equivalent of ATLA ending with the Gaang fighting Ozai on the fire nation's moon base.

Should have kept this, but made it off-road capable.

The drill was also fucking lame.

Could've have the fire nation setting a new kind of super bomb, or fucking with a lava flow underground to get the walls to quake apart. But a giant drill shows up out of nowhere. It's obviously a Mike and Bryan idea. They're so tone deaf to genre and do a fantastic job of horribly ignoring the arduous amount of tight world building they create.

The Drill was this bullshit all stems from.

metal benders were all over the place in this shit series.

i thought it was cool but it was definetelly lacking something and the fight was disapointing.

Was hoping for something a little more original. After seeing the awesome uberweapon cannon I was hoping we'd get some kind of cool walker tank or maybe some kind of flying base or something.

A mech was just dumb. Crappy ending to what was otherwise a pretty solid fourth season.

>Does it please you, mein Fuhrer?
>Hmm... it's a good start. Uh... yeah it's definitely big alright. I just wonder if it's *too* big, y'know? I mean, are people gonna be remembering me, or the big ass gun?

this - creepy, heavy ass walking tank would have been cool

>He doesn't like realistic mechs

why is Mercy so smug

It made me glad that I dropped this shitty series.
If I were a fucking idiot and actually watched all of Korra to this point, I would have been super fucking pissed.

>realistic
>mechs
mechs are retarded

Pfffffthahahahahahahaha.

"i bet Sup Forums is losing their autistic shit over this"

>The real life counterpart of that weapon was an experimental nazi cannon
top?
You know railway guns were a real thing in WW1 used by basically everyone and they were generally considered effective until this clown came along and ruined it by going way over the top?

"Ahahahahaha......oh wow."

AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP

WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE

Don't let your dreams be memes.

Get in the Giant robot Meelo!

Laughter.

This was the exact moment where the show became awful and never stopped. Every episode after this one was worse than the one that came before it until it ended in the gutter.

Imo it had already hit the shit peak couple of seasons ago and had built a cloister on that peak where it reached the Nirvana of shit.

Wasn't it like the second to last episode?

Cringe, like really hard

Dumb idea but execution was surprisingly okay.

It wasn't this, but those big daddy looking robots made me completely drop the show.

Is it worth coming back to 2 years later?

Not really no. there are some newer more advanced mechs and season 2 is shit.