Hi-Fi Fight Club #01 Storytime

So this came out last week and I forgot to storytime it. Mostly doing this to get drawfags working on rule 34 of the girls. It's about lesbian teens in the 80s.

>Goth chick

Interest high.

whoops did I say 80s I meant late 90s

>female creators
>current year story
>girls "kicking butt"
>lesbians
Wow just a perfect storm of feminism isn't it.

yeah but atleast the art is kinda cute and the writing is bearable for the most part

It's pretty bad... but yeah, the art is great.

>He still believes in Rule34
>He thinks Sup Forums drawfags of all people would give it to him
You're posting in vain

>set comic in the 80s because the author is a Gen-Xer and can't use cellphones effectively

this is a plague in literary fiction and it needs to stop

damn, this shit is like 30 pages too. oh well.

It's set in the 90s, dumbshits.

forgot image

>bullying and assaulting a customer is okay because GIRL POWER YASS QUEEN

>bullying and assaulting a customer
this is fine tho
>arguing that sales = quality
this is the real offense here

Well, I still lurks around for such things. Although now a days I only draw them being fucked by a bunch of fat faceless old men with 12 inch cocks.

who are we supposed to sympathise with here?

Maggie´s cute!!!

This actually would have been a more interesting plot right here. like western K-ON

I really want to like this comic but it seems like the author told us we should like the characters then immediately expected to us to like them as if we'd been reading forever

>Not having perfect pitch
pathetic

>character is perfect fapbait
>barely any lewds

It hurts.

no images during a storytime plz

Is that an Evangelion reference?

And that's all.

"Like-like"

Did we already hit lesbian?

...Ness?

Oh shit, Mia Khalifa's a comic artist?

why is the art in the top half of that page so bad

You fags never seen High Fidelity, haven't you?

probably done by the concept artist. I think it looks fine.

This is just bland.

It's like a shitty (shitter?) version of Paper Girls.

I wish this comic used actual band names and music references instead, feels pretty bland and superficial when so much of the dialogue focuses on made-up context-less terminology.

>it's another "Sup Forums gets triggered by a comic not aimed at them" thread

just ignore it you knobs

Who is it aimed at?

I like girly comics and read shoujo and yuri manga all the time. This is bad and lazily written. I'd forgive it if the writer was the artist but someone is getting paid for these scripts. You can tell the writer herself doesn't know anything about music, which is pretty sad for a comic with such a setting.

girls, possibly lesbians. possibly feminist or people who consider themselves progressive AKA not Sup Forums

How do you know I don't meet some of those criteria?

If we ignore it all white men will die. We need to fight and win every battle

>Progressive and feminist
Eesh, gross

They can read much better comics that fit that exact criteria.

>There are people who probably believe this unironically

I thought this was pretty decent, the art is certainly nice, but the thing I never get about female-created or female-centered material is stuff like where if a girl is ever made to feel bad then they're entitled to any kind of retribution they want.

Clearly the guy is a prick and as a comic book this is just escapist fantasy, so it doesn't bother me too much, but it's hard not to notice. Summer gets to make out with Humongous but Ethan gets mutated for dumping her, Mabel's emotional needs are always placed above her brother's, and this girl gets to trip this guy for being a prick.

Is this how women are? It's been a 5+ years since I was in a relationship.

>but the thing I never get about female-created or female-centered material is stuff like where if a girl is ever made to feel bad then they're entitled to any kind of retribution they want.

I believe this is because readers who like this stuff like that kind of scenes. That kind of conflict resolution speaks to them, it's their version of >nothing personel kid.

I don't know if it's true, or only the authors think that but it's my theory.

that mentality reminds me of this

Ehhh, I wanted slice of life shenanigans. Also I don't see the connection between selling music and a fight club.

>I thought this was pretty decent, the art is certainly nice
I didn't care for the writing ( not horrible in a technical sense; but I'm clearly not the target audience ); but the art's pretty great.

Hopefully this will get the artist exposure and they can get some work in the big leagues.

The art looks cute.

>That came out filthy
Not... really?

I feel like I'd like this a lot more if it was written less self-consciously. And it comes across as kind of IDK, idealized autobio? Where hopefully it wouldn't really be very self-conscious because that's the best kind of autobio. But right now it just feels like it'd gotten hit certain stock plot/character/talking points and that's dull.

Yep, felt the same. But I really liked the art in this at least.

Pretty sure the connection is just, Hi-Fi Fight Club.

to be air I wasn't raised in America

>>Lesbians

Whats up with all the creepy queercunt man-hate shit lately? This looks every other retarded modern wannabe-lesbo-pulp shit.

Are there really no normal women titles out there that woukd make a better storytime?

This was painful to read.
But the cap lesbian MC a cute.

>lately

I don't understand what's happening or why it needed to be hidden

>Lesbians
>man-hate
More like vagina love.

>It's about lesbian teens
Isn't that every other indie book now though?

But these lesbian teens work in a quirky retail job

>wearing the same pair of jeans the next day

>he hasn't worn the same pair of jeans for years

I do, but I have several pairs like that and don't wear them day after day. Wear a pair, then a different one, then another, then the first pair maybe, etc. A bit of rotation.

it's wearing a band shirt that's the same band you're seeing that's uncool, not like wearing any band shirt at all. get it straight bitch

This is such a stupidly sudden introduction of the general premise. The fuck.

The dialog is pretty bad. it's that tumblr brand of quirky that isn't cute but makes you think those characters are mentally retarded.

first time this broad has written a comic + she's seems bad + trying to copy mangos = that shit

classic "show don't tell" mistake." I bet every person they beat up in their fight club will be a white male

look, if it means Sup Forums and Sup Forums together in a story, I'm all for it.

I can't believe they pulled this anime trope

There's barely going to be Sup Forums here, though... I'm 100% sure they are going to form a band next issue and they're going to be like amaaaaazing.

This comic has the potential to be sooo fucking great! I hope to God it lives up to it!

OH and huge thanks for storytiming this OP, it would have flown completely under my radar if it wasn't for you!

Do I need to have seen the film Fight club to understand this?

Not at all.

...what?

To be fair The Education of Lauryn Hill is a good album.

>Comic literally has "No boys allowed" in it

>more interesting plot... western K-ON
Thanks for showing me this comic but holy fuck you are cancer

okay why does the brunette have cute freckles on the cover but not in the comic?

I mean some visual interest is all this has going for it

>mfw Irene recognizes Chris is a lesbian and seduces her.

I don't know what that trope is called, because it seems to happen in lesbian stories a lot, but I love it. I'm tempted to ask /aco/ to draw it.