What's the origin story for Hawkman?

What's the origin story for Hawkman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2kLSiE-eNjw
google.ca/search?q=reincarnation immortality&rlz=1C9BKJA_enCA681CA681&oq=reincatyon immor&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9576j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A radioactive bird shit on his tongue while he was about to lick an ice cream cone.

It has several origins, but new one in METAL is canon I think.

>alien spaceship crashes in ancient egypt
>pharaoh and his queen use alien tech to be hawk people
>they get murdered and cursed to perpetually reincarnate
>pharaoh's reincarnated as archaeologist
>archaeologist finds hawk wings in pharaoh's tomb
>becomes hawkman

Even when you pare it down to the bare essentials, Hawkman's backstory's pretty ridiculous.

All you need to know.

Don't we have a screencap of someone explaining it?

He asked for origin, not continuity.

>archaeologist finds hawk wings in pharaoh's tomb

That's DCAU. Originally, he created the wings himself. Post crisis, Paran Katar gives the wings to him.

Wasn't it the opposite? I thought Khufu gave Paran Katar the idea for the Hawkmen of Thanagar.

Tried making a chart to explain it. No matter what you do though, Hawkman is confusing.

They're immortals now. Coming back to life even before egypt. The rest of the johns stuff happended but the js is covert. He also wore the silver age costume.

They might retcon the alien hawkman into being his son or some side self.

>They're immortals now.
For some reason, this phrasing bothers my autism. Since they're technically not immortal, and Snyder just set their origin in the stone ages instead.

Technically they're immortal in the sense they will always come back to life.

Snyder hinted they belong to the new immortal race he made up.

Probably will link them to vandal savage as well.

Birdfags that reincarnate forever isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you use the word immortal.
youtu.be/2kLSiE-eNjw

I think you forgot your meds.

I was gonna link you a book but here's whatever you Americans can only use.

google.ca/search?q=reincarnation immortality&rlz=1C9BKJA_enCA681CA681&oq=reincatyon immor&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9576j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

There's a pasta floating around that goes pretty in-dept while being pretty humorous.

I thought it was Nth metal, not Ninth metal?

It depends on which one because there are several Hawkman. Carter Hall and Katar Hal bascially. Carter is a souls that reincarnates, that started out in ancient egypt.... He's basically the God Emperor of Mankind.

Katar Hal is basically just a thanagarian alien since writers want to make everyone an alien. But now Thanagar is so stuck in his mythos you can't get rid of it.

I prefer Carter and the Earthbound orgins slightly mixed with the Thanagarian stuff like basically lays out. It's the best of both worlds really. Hawkman's one of my favorite heroes, I want to write a on-going for him so badly. He needs some good writing, he's got an amazing story but people keep... fucking it up.

>user admits to being autistic, be surprise when user spergs up.