I want to get into Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, what are the best pre-reboot arcs?

I want to get into Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, what are the best pre-reboot arcs?

Life of a Prince

One issue before they tried to make Dirty Bubble into a brainless monster there was an arc that was quite fun to read.
Anyone remember the name and which issue?

The arc where they god framed by Man-Ray and were on the run from IJLSA is a classic.

>That book where Man-ray kidnaps and tortures Barnacle boy, turning him into Red Barnacle
>That book where Black Mermaid kills Barnacle lad
>That book where Bizzaro Man Mermaid sent Barnacle Apprentice into the tenth dimension
Why do the writers hate Barnacle boy?

>reading Milkmaid Man and Barnacle Bitch
Get better taste, faggot

>reading Crash "-ing his series with no survivors" Nebula
>in the year of our Lord (1009*2)-1
You first, mongoloid

>UP gets bought by Viacom
>makes nu-IJLSA with shit legacy characters
What did they mean by this?

>Man Ray gives up his evils ways
>Gives away his mask as a sign of this
>Literally gives away his entire head

The madman.

If youre gonna put Butch shit in this thread at least recommend the 1980s Crimson Chin.

Don't turn this into another console war thread!

>Implying Major Glory's current run isn't unironically the finest capebook of the current year and blows Crashed Premise AND the aquaboy's out of the fucking water
It's the year of the Justice Friends my good man.

Essential runs:
>Kelp of Amazon
>Ray of Darkness
>Smokes (Dirty Bubble origin story, I know some people don't like that it's a Krakatoa cameo but it isn't that bad)
>Dirteaters
Ignore the MMCU. It's trash.

Is this fucker the perfect example of the Mandela effect? As a kid I, and many others, specifically remember several issues of the Crimson Chin having a sidekick named Cleft the Boy Chin Wonder but as an adult I haven't been able to find any evidence that he ever existed. The Crimson Chin never had a sidekick according to the writers, so how did so many people have the same false memory? This is an artist's rendition.

Limited run special issues for the Make a Wish foundation. sorry for stealing jokes from the last thread

Legacy Quickster's solo is good though

>he wants to get into MM/BB
>hasn't even studied Wumbology

>tfw it feels like I'm the only person who liked 1980's Heavy Weapons toting Chin

Don't just dismiss it as edgy, alright. That's a buzzword. The stories were solid fun and there was lots of good action. I'll admit, they overdid some of the fight scenes, but I'll take a lot of this over the sci-fi bullshit that is Turn of the Millennium Chin.

Read Crisis on Seven Seas

>that time he snapped Golden Arch's (was he supposed to black in the '80s or was that a coloring thing?) leg's clean off
I own most of his '80s run stuff, some of my favorite Chin books since the Burgundy Age, but ya gotta admit, it got pretty edgy.

You should read the Crustacean Crisis crossover they had with Seagal and Pelican Chick, it gives you a really good idea of their respective power sets and the general status quo before the reboot. Though you're probably better off skipping the Lady Crab tie ins.

Ending never ever

I always thought it was silly a character as OP as the Chin even NEEDED weapons in the first place. There's some decent stories in there but... IDunno. Feels like they wanted to make a street level hero and Mandible did a mandate that it HAD to be Chin from his dwindling sales prior.

So now that the current Barnacle Boy is Mermaid Man's son does that mean that the original BB can finally move on to become he own hero?

Butch swears up and down there's a story treatment for the last story arc that got finished before the cancellation, yet it's NEVER been released, even when they did the legacy art books that had similar releases for '70s Kent Quasar and that godawful Naked Lad reboot.
Really makes you hink.

>not recommending the Golden Age Omnibus with the first super villain team-up between the Dirty Bubble and Manray

Newfags disgust me

>Omnibloats
>Ever
For every good team-up in those there's like fifteen generic-ass Atomic Flounder-tier stories

>hating on Atomic Flounder
Newfag detected.

he isn't as good as powdered toast man, but easier for new readers to get into.

>There are people who actually liked this crossover
Fucking neck yourself. Catman is cancer. His comics are all the same brooding shit, his rogues gallery is trash, the Catfamily is trash, and the idea that he could take the Crimson Chin in a fight just because he has a mech suit rustles the shit out of my jimmies.

When's the Captain Nebula crossover? Now that'd be some good shit.

Not even hating on the Flounder, just that his Goldfish Age stories are all the same goddamn shit over and over. People forget Man-Ray had the same problem until roughly around the soft reboot, but Flounder never got the development he needed and stayed one-note as shiiiiit.
No that fucking OtherSeas comic doesn't count stop fucking posting it.

>getting this buttblasted over CvC
>implying Crash Nebula saved by the bell was better
I wonder what its like to be this much of a manlet

>he could take the crimson chin in a fight just because he has a mech suit
He took the Chin in a fight because the Chin's got no fucking finesse or technique, if you were an actual Chinfag and not just baiting you'd know this because the Nega-Chin/Blackbelt team-up arc immediately prior to the crossover goes into it at length.
And yet actual Chinfags STILL bitched until they retconned the suit having a Chintonite lining to appease the fucks, swear to god.

Defend this, Nebulafag

>all the fucking properties they could have used
>it's not just a fucking b-lister, but a b-lister PREQUEL story
Fucking christ no wonder the animated universe didn't take off with this trainwreck as a first attempt

>Retcon Crash to have started space-faring in his childhood instead of just using Johnny Quasar
JQ was even still relevant when they tried airing this dreck how the fuck do you drop the ball this hard

>He took the Chin in a fight because the Chin's got no fucking finesse or technique
wew lad. I love this meme. Just because he lost to Blackbelt doesn't mean he has no finesse or technique. Blackbelt trained under thousands of masters and studied ancient martial arts. Chin's got years of experience, plus the 2 year space when he trained in Chinhala. Hardly a fair comparison.

Chintonite is the only way Catfag could ever touch Crimson. At least in his current incarnation. Hippie Chin was fun, but his weakest point canonically.

I think Jason Momoa's gonna make a great Mermaid Man

>two years in Chinhala is comparable to an entire career of street-level brawls and being skilled enough to face a Nepurrese master in the Cathmandu books
I don't even like Catman that much but you're really understating the guy's martial prowess, especially when you're putting him vs. Chin of that timeframe. I do agree that current Cat vs. current Chin (or even a lot of pre-crossover incarnations) would be no contest in the red boy's favor, but that's mostly due to power creep.

Make way for the king.

I disagree, especially in the case of an IJLSA film. They're playing the others too close to the most widely-known iterations (Elastic Wasteband's goggles are fucking transparent ffs) and Momoa's gonna be the odd man out.
Nevermind normies are gonna flip over ANOTHER Mermaid Man movie without a BB.

Morissons run on CC got really weird towards the end

The only good thing to come out of Ultralard is Robo-Fiend becoming a multi-IP level antagonist.
Prove me wrong, you can't.

dangerous assumptions there, user.

>super strength
>super speed
>flight
>meat vision
name a more OP characyer

Monkey.

Ultra Lord was mediocre and the fact that it was cancelled on a cliff hanger was a testament to that fact. Let it go.

Blackbelt is basically Superhuman with his Karate tho, that's his whole shtick. And he had help at the time against Chin in the form of Nega-Chin.

Catman isn't equal to Blackbelt in any physical aspect, and skill alone won't bridge that gap, no matter how strong that armor was.

The Chintonite retcon was one of the only good retcons Butch has made

>powercreep
Newfag detected

I bet you think issue 1 Chin remained the same powerlevel throughout the Golden Age, despite the famous Radio Series that appeared only a few months after.

Blackbelt fucking WRECKED Chin in their first meeting. Like short of ripping the mask off and shattering his jaw levels of wrecked. Catman v Chin was a slugfest to the end, actually reread the whole thing and not just the caps of the last few pages where he bats CC like a cat toy.
All the Chintonite retcon did was try to excuse that uncredited artist that lives with his mom giving Chin that retard face for so many panels.

>implying just because you got quads that Wumbology isn't crucial to understanding the comics

He doesn't look anything like him.

This is just a thing because pop-culture has a pre-conceived notion that Mermaid Man is lame, despite being a pop culture icon matching the likes of Crimson Chin and Powdered Toastman

>Blackbelt fucking WRECKED Chin in their first meeting.
That supports my point tho.

Catman isn't as powerful as Blackbelt, and that suit would only slow him down.

>Imfuckingplying Carmine Age Chin or thereabouts is comparable to modern "Could Chinapult an entire fucking planet if the plot demanded" levels of Chin.
Golden Age being finicky with the powerlevels is a bs excuse, he's OBJECTIVELY more suped up than he was when the crossover came out, which, by the way, was still making up new powers for him every other fucking week at the time. (Baggage vision? People will defend this?)

>mighty mom still unplayable in OddJustice 2.
Fuck you Butch.

I'm not a pleb like you queers. ULTRA LORD IS THE GREATEST, MOST PHENOMENAL DEFENDER OF JUSTICE AND THE UNIVERSE AS A WHOLE!

I didn't know that shitty planet of yours had internet, Sheen

It would if Catman had done the same, Chinfags love to pretend like it was this bs one-sided shitfling but Catman got his tail handed to him for most of it and the suit was totally wrecked by the end of it, forget the damn adaptations of it for five seconds, they've almost always exclusively been done by niggas that can't stop fellating his cat cock for five seconds and forget the actual source material.

ayy sheen how mch to fuck that bih with the two heads she thicc af

>completely forgetting the entire Argento Age, where everybody and their Chin-loving mom could sneeze away Solar Systems
>forgetting that Carmine Age Chin's run continued until just before the beginning of the Modern Age, with inconsistent powerlevels
Newfag....

neeeeeewwwwwwfaaaaagggg

They NEVER GAVE ME A SERIES FINALE!!! I'M STUCK HERE FOREVER!
SEND HELP! SEND ULTRA LORD!!!
... or maybe the ultra-rare limited edition new glow-in-the-dark ULTRA FLAKES cereal with the holographic box art and the typing error on the top lid that mistakenly reads "ULTRA LARD" (Part of an ULTRA balanced breakfast)

name a more perfect casting choice

pro tip: you can´t

NIGGA
/READ/
CODIFIED (as far as it can get anyway) /MODERN/ CHIN'S POWERLEVEL IS HIGHER THAN IT WAS WHEN HE FOUGHT CATMAN
THE FACT POWERLEVELS WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR YEARS DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT I'M ONLY COMPARING THOSE TWO POINTS
FUCKING CHRIST

As soon as you answer my question nibba

>tfw he passed down the mantel in the tv series

>tfw the tv series never had a full shot of the Nuclear Man suit

Fuck them for wasting 10 years of my life only to leave me in a perpetual state of blue balls

>he hasn't ripped the deleted scenes from the Isotope Edition boxset yet
Do it and then come back and thank me you faggot

*snort*

Its a non-canon story you faggots. It's not Modern Age and not Silver Age.

Both of you are new fags that didn't read the source and just get your information off scans and wikis

Kinda waiting to get back to my nubian cock schlobber on Earth. We're gonna do it when I get back and make our own bi-racial slam piece after we get married.
Alien girls leave a layer of gross slime on your junk after you plow them. It's really sticky, too. I dared to touch my dick afterwards and after I was finally able to pry my hand off, it would stick to everything! It's like when Christopher Lloyd punch that barrel of glue before he got run over by the steamroller in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Holy shit...

Anybody remember the interview from a few years ago when Doug Funnie revealed that everyone in Quail Man was based on people he knew in grade school and how he met back up with the girl had a crush one that was the basis of Quail Man's wife?

I hear that that's why they got rid of the classic Rogue's Gallery in Ultimate Quailman; whoever it was he based Dr. Klotzenstein on threatened to sue.

You were never published, Doug. Gtfo and never come back.

Not either of them but that doesn't change the fact the Chin's weaker in that one-shot, at least how he's presented. Whether it was intentional for the narrative or Butch is a closet Catfag more (doubtful, he's said in interviews he prefers writing for the Chin but shrug) is up in the air though.
Regardless of canon status OR the powerwank I liked it. The narrative of conflicting ideology is more compelling than the actual fight in the end, personally anyway. And it's been done better later.

That shit was all over when it came out, how nu r u dude.
Yeah but no seriously happy to help, read One More Meltdown if you haven't either, ya filthy casual. It's the official/unofficial almost-continuation, was pretty faithful.

Silver Skeeter is WAYYYYY cooler than pleb-tier Quail Man.
(HONK HONK)

>dude asks about MM and BB
>derails into a fucking catman wank thread
every
fucking
time

>implying Cuck Funnie wasn't always blantantly trying to use his comics as a proxy to fuck his crush
>implying his "rogue's gallery" wasn't just the same two people who tried to keep him from being such a spurg when he was younger
>implying Klotz Kash was the real guy

I hear Dougie-Chan's a tranny now.

True-dat. I'm glad that the guy who made Silver Skeeter's actually doing something with his life and not hanging around Dougie-Chan.

>Silver Skeeter solo book never
Damn it hurts...

>Quail Man was based on people he knew in grade school

Geez, and we get pissed at Bendis for self-inserting. Funnie is on a whole other level.

Butch flip flops over who's his favorite t b h, it's most consistently Crash Nebula but we know how that went down...

Reminder that Butch was at a dark place when he wrote that fight, and he wasn't fond of Chin at the time and what he represented because of it. He wanted to write a Catman story, and he believed he was the opposite of Chin in every way so he wrote him as the Antagonist.

Butch doesn't write Chin that much since, but I hear he's doing a new origin story this year. Not sure how it's going to go.

only people who like ultralord are autistic, possibly mexican, children.

For some reason he somehow convinced Salvador Doozy to bankroll a lot of the publishing didn't he?
How the fuck he scored that would have been more interesting than half the shit in queef man desu

This could have been the best crossover movie of all time, had they not done the Nolanverse movies.

>thinking really really big man wasn't going to be hot shit
>current year
really shigs my digs

Look, RRBM should have stayed a kid's property instead of some grimdark bullshit that's been pushed ever since writers feel in love with Nipple-Time storylines that turned him into Really Really Big God.

I'm still pissed that they became best buds because they both like the same brand of syrup.

jimmy let you in the planet to die there´s no way in hell the man that invented the cheese ray couldn't find one of his own ships.

Does anyone else get chills when Mermaid Man sets his belt to Wumbo?

You always know some serious shit is about to go down.

I'm not even knocking RRBM as a character, he just didn't really translate well to film.
Powdered Toast solo would have been legit and I stand by that.

I can't believe that there's been 5 fucking Baynobinoids movies.

They completely ditched Gaylord to just become nothing but overblown action sequences. What's the point?

I'm genuinely excited about the new valhallan ragnarock movie

Maybe if they didn't keep trying to play down him being a catholic priest. It's an essential part of his character.

I am too, if for nothing else than the soundtrack. If they did one thing right with the live action adaptation, it was that. It's even better than the old cartoon

It'll be good because they finally realized that the best Valhallen stories are when he teams up with Kronk.

Nobody's talking about Comic Network series. This thread is for Nickomics. Make your own thread for your shit tastes.

FULL ON FRIENDSHIP

nickfags are you mad because their cinematic universe sucks

>The first time they say this in the original movie, I got fucking chills
>They've been only using as the stinger when Tex brutally kills whatever the new movie's villain

Fuck Baynobonoids.

Catman vs Crimson Chin: Dawn of Justice was pretty good.

The "Golden Locks" movie has also been getting incredible reviews, so you can stfu.

Supertoilet.

Dino Dad couldn't even TOUCH, let alone hurt Suoertoilet. In fact, I'd wager DD wouldn't even stand a chance against Supertoilet even while he's gimped by Cosmo's Cosmic Crapper Clog.