'Alternate' MCU

A lot of marvel movies/shows have been made over the years that aren't part of the MCU.

In this thread we brainstorm ones which could fit into the MCU without breaking anything, as well as an alternate MU comprised of marvel movies not part of the MCU.

MCU additions:
Blade 1-3 doesn't contradict anything as far as i know.

Fantastic 4, they were a big deal in NY. Neither the 2005 not 2015 one are gonna work.

All spidey movies are out because Tom Holland, and all punisher movies are out because daredevil s2.

Alternate marvel movieverse

Blade fits again.
Id choose the 2005 F4 because it's better than the 2015 one.
You could choose your favorite of the punisher films, but they're all mutually exclusive. Maybe 2004 punisher?
Do we go with Tobey spiderman or Garfield spiderman?
Both ghost rider films fit just fine.
Cheesy Affleck daredevil fits.
Any others you can think of that would fit?

>MCU additions:
>Blade 1-3 doesn't contradict anything as far as i know.

They don't... except for the existence of Vampires, which is something that would've been brought up by now as they're too big and too widespread to have gone unnoticed and ignored by Hydra or Shield.

The Blade movies wouldn't work for the same reason why X-men wouldn't work.

Fair enough. It's been a while since I watched blade but been meaning to re watch them, couldn't remember how public the vampires were.

So best selection for Alt. Marvel universe (AMU)?
>Blade trilogy + series
>Ghost rider duology
>Affleck daredevil.
>2005/2007 F4
>2004 punisher?
>Garfield spiderman 1&2.

Thoughts on this list? Anything you'd change? Any suggested additions?

>Thoughts on this list? Anything you'd change?

I'd replace Garfield Spidey with Tobey Spidey. It'd mesh better with the FF movies and Affleck Daredevil since both were around before Garfield Spidey. Also, Elektra is technically a spinoff of Affleck Daredevil.

You could also fit in Legion in there or in the MCU, as it's set in a 2016 where nobody knows about mutants.

The gifted doesn't fit anywhere except maybe in XUA (pre days of future past), as it is set in 2017 in a world where the x men and brotherhood are defunct ancient history.

>spinoff
So it is. I thought it was a reboot. Good catch.

I only picked Garfield spider because S3 was so terrible. What makes you think Tobey is a better fit for this AMU timeline?

>S3
Spider-Man 3 is retroactively vindicated because of the Garfield movies.

>Garfield spidey is even worse than s3
I wouldn't call them great, but I wouldn't go that far.

Okay. Tobey spidey then.

Anything else one could add into the AMU?

>What makes you think Tobey is a better fit for this AMU timeline?

Because the FF were practically celebrities. Having them in the same world and city as a Spidey that came after them with zero mention just doesn't help with immersion. With Tobey Spidey you can dismiss it some because at least his first two movies came before.

Ah. That makes sense. Tobey spidey it is.

The MTV Spider-Man cartoon is one that spins off the first Raimi film but is forced to ignore Spider-Man 2 and 3 (since the cartoon was made before them and wouldn't know what was to come). It has a connection to Affleck Daredevil because Kingpin on the show is black and also voiced by Michael Clarke Duncan.

Oh, good to know. Any other cartoon tie-ins?

I haven't watched agents of shield yet. Do they preclude the ghost rider movies fitting into the timeline, or no?

I don't know if there were any others; usually a lot of cartoons just do their own thing.

Also, there was rumors that in the scene where Mary Jane leaves the altar, there was a guy who looked like the Thomas Jane Punisher walking past. IIRC they denied it was intentional, but it's also probable they denied it because of legal reasons. But hypothetically if you're doing an alternate MCU then the Thomas Jane Punisher could fit in with the Raimi Spider-Man.

The director of Incredible Hulk wanted to drop in a reference to Empire State University (and also possibly throw in a Peter Parker cameo) but he was told no because Sony and Marvel didn't want him to do that.

Avengers was also going to put in the Oscorp building from the Webb films but that didn't work out.

>Do we go with Tobey spiderman or Garfield spiderman?
Garfiield

>Also, there was rumors that in the scene where Mary Jane leaves the altar, there was a guy who looked like the Thomas Jane Punisher walking past

That's because it actually WAS Tom Jane. Whether or not they intended it to be Frank or just having fun I can't comment on though.

>Blade is still the best movie Marvel has produced
>It's 19 years old

Iron Man exists you know.

Was it? There's too many conflicting reports. If it is him then I guess they're trying to avoid possible legal problems by denying it.

Also I wonder what would've happened if they found the Wolverine costume in time to put Hugh Jackman in as a cameo in the first Raimi film. Although come to think of it, why didn't they just have Logan in plainclothes for Jackman's cameo? He doesn't always wear his costume.

Iron Man isn't as good as Blade though.

>Iron Man isn't as good as Blade though.
How can one user be so wrong...?

I think so since it's implied in AoS that there's only one spirit of vengeance, and the original ghost rider transferred it into robbie.

Based on these what could've happened is a universe with Maguire Spider-Man, Jane Punisher, Jackman Wolverine, 1st Iron Man, 1st Hulk. Also there was a reference to Doctor Strange in Spider-Man 2.

Fantastic Four (2005) had a cut scene that had Reed changing his face to look like Jackman's Wolverine. I don't know if that means Reed met Wolverine before he got powers or the X-Men have films before the Fantastic Four got their powers, though.

The following productions can fit together:

Daredevil [Affleck]
Elektra
The Punisher [Jane]
Blade 1
Blade 2
Ghost Rider
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man 1-3 tie-in video games, novels, and other tie-ins (Maguire even voiced Spider-Man in the games and they introduce more classic rogues to the verse)

Most of the stories are small scale enough that they could just take place in the same universe and no one would really need to comment. And as noted, Jane may have even been in Spider-Man 2.

Blade is amazing. The pacing is really good too, and the final fight end up living up to the hype.

Midnight Sonsverse. A movie universe with only Ghost rider, Blade, Add in a Marvel Dracula.

>That's because it actually WAS Tom Jane.

No, it wasn't.

Blade is amazing but I think you'd have a hard time finding an actor that's half as good as Snipes for the role.

They could use the old Snipes for laughs.

I'm not talking about a reboot. I'm talking about collecting marvel media that fits together into coherent timelines, whether designed to do so or not.