At least half the comic book movies that I watch in theaters make me teary eyed at least once during them from the...

At least half the comic book movies that I watch in theaters make me teary eyed at least once during them from the sensationalism that comes from acts of heroism.

People who use the term "capeshit" and who hate these movies have no souls.

Name a tear-inducing act of heroism from each:
Doctor Strange
Thor Ragnarok
Spider-Man Homecoming

>Doctor Strange
>Thor Ragnarok
Didn't watch.

>Spider-Man Homecoming
Didn't have any scene like that, for me at least. Not that type of movie. The first two with Tobey Maguire, however, definitely had the scenes.

Well Raimi Spider-Man isn’t capeshit

Newer movies have their moments too. For example, Batman v Superman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Logan, even Deadpool.

People who defend them have no brains

Entering art with your brain as the chief judge is a mistake.

YOU have no soul. you are crying over the film equivalent of a mcdonalds hamburger you complete and utter moron

Something being designed for many people does not mean it's bad, just like how something being designed for a select few does not mean it's good.

>capeshit
>art

Decrease your soy intake OP

I am really embarrassed to admit the trench scene in Wonder Woman made me tear up. Last Marvel movie was I forget the exact scene but it was in Incredible Hulk 2. Oh of course the ending of Logan. That's pretty much it.

You read right, retard.

>Something being designed for many people does not mean it's bad
Capeshit isn't designed for many different people. Just for the many brands of morons that are out there.

Commercials are art too then, huh?

>Movies about superpowered heroes in fantasy universes are equivalent to commercials
Who let the retard use the computer again?

>he can't see that capeshit is just a glorified toy commercial
>he can't see that there is no art in capeshit, only shallow gratification
>calls people retards
Dunning-Kruger in action

Right when I'm about to tear up someone says a quip and it's ruined

It's designed that way. God forbid normies had genuine feelings while they are watching a movie for kids, people could make fun of them!!

>glorified toy commercial
The moment you reveal that you judge art by anything other than its direct experience is the moment I stop giving a shit about your terrible opinion. And yes, they make all these movies just to sell toys — you figured it out, such a clever analysis.

Do you call McNuggets cuisine?

>food analogy
Seriously, fuck off retard.

Can't face being proven wrong, huh? Not everything on a big screen is art.

There's nothing to "prove wrong" in matters of taste. Christ, you are a complete imbecile.

>Not everything on a big screen is art.
Never said everything was. But a retard who thinks movies about superpowered heroes in fantasy universes are commercials to sell toys and exist solely for this purpose has no right to talk about art or to judge my taste in anything.

>I will enjoy this juvenille crap and call it art and you can't do anything to stop me
>HURR EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE

>HURR EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE
Never said that, but thanks for putting more words into my posts that are not there. Why are you so confident that you have better judgment when you are clearly confused about many things?

>Never said that
>There's nothing to "prove wrong" in matters of taste
You're just making this shit up as you go

That means that taste is not based on truth / falsity and is indifferent to morality so it makes no sense to prove one's taste "right" or "wrong." That does not mean that better taste can't be developed or that everything is subjective.

Not responding to your inane shit anymore, it's a waste of time.

That is literally all they are. They don't care abpout anything but you buying a ticket, taking your kids, and getting them marvel toys after. They don't give two single fucks about the art of cinema. All they want is your money with the lowest possible risk to themselves and you just keep eating it up because you're such a little bitch you year up at superhero movies aimed at the lowest common denominator.

>does not mean better taste can't be developed
>is not based on truth
These are incompatible and you are equivocating. Betterment has to be based on objective criteria.

>They don't care abpout anything but you buying a ticket, taking your kids, and getting them marvel toys after.
What does it matter what they care about? It has no bearing on the experience except if you let it, and it would be a mistake to let it, because then that means you aren't actually experiencing the movie in itself.

user just give up. He's not even aware that he's being had.

That's just a fancy way of say "JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF, BRO"

And? See

you mean man of steel type shit, fuck yea.
>When hes in the closet and his mom tells him to concentrate.
>When he fucks off for a long ass time and comes back home and his mama says I was never scared of you Clark
>When his Pa Kent schooling him on his anger
>When all hope is lost and Lawrence Fichburne holds that reporters hand because they cant do anything else.
>When Clark rises from the fucking depths of the planet engines force just to break right through it!

OP these are feelings best left alone and in your comfort.

>the correct way of enjoying art is through ignorance ergo stupidity
I guess that is what I wanted to prove

If only Snyder could make the moments in between good too DC would be in good shape t bh.

The correct way of judging art is through the emotions. You care more about "not being swindled by corporations" than about enjoying a movie when you rant on about toys.

you're a propagandist's dream

And you're a weasel.

Then you are just staring at pretty pictures, ignoring any intellectual potential there might be in the movie, along with messages and subtext. You are actively denying yourself a significant part of the movie for...what exactly? A fleeting gratification of your senses?

Obviously you need to use your brain to discern things and follow the story. If the emotions mean just "fleeting gratification" to you though, well, I feel sorry for you.

>Obviously you need to use your brain
Then the only way to not realize what you are watching is genuine stupidity

And at this point we come to the real truth of the matter, which is that you aren't using your brain when you judge movies by the toys they sell. You're using your emotions as well. The difference between you and I is I'm not petty, and the idea of a company selling toys as part of promotional does not rub me the wrong way. I don't mind it, I don't consider it at any point. I have my interests and I watch the movies I want to see based on them alone. And you do as well, except you have petty interests that tell you to be weary of "swindlers" and to judge things based on this.

What gets it for me are parents who sacrifice everything for their child. That and the OVA for Hajime no Ippo where the one side character tries so hard and fails. Stuff like that.

>capeshit
>emotional

Judging by this thread, emotions don't matter regardless of movie.

>he falls for manufactured, cheap emotional pandering
Imagine being this much of a shit-eating pleb. You're the one who has no soul nor understanding of art.

>he thinks about manufacturing processes when watching stories about fantastical heroes
Yes, and you are the one who has a soul.

Not him, but I know what he means. To people like us, it feels cheap because it's not done very well.

Not all, but some of them are done plenty well.

>have no souls
Does that bother you, Beelzebub?