A Netflix Original Series

>A Netflix Original Series

So is this considered Sup Forums or Sup Forums or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pwFpAyEuph8
youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4
youtube.com/watch?v=Bu533OKYHyc
youtube.com/watch?v=234a0963oVw
youtube.com/watch?v=CIdKVMYA1t0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

saint seiya, dbz and some other stuff is honorary Sup Forums

So Voltron is Sup Forums but is it also /m/?

I understand Sup Forums hates anything good so I don't think they accept it there.

Really? I mean I get DBZ, but Saint Seiya? No one outside of South America and France ever talks about the friggin thing.

I mean yeah, but I honestly think Saint Seiya is a very original property that could use some western input.

That said, I really hope to god they make the characters interesting.
Only Shiryu and Hyoga are interesting; and its gonna be tough not writing Shun as something other than a fag.

will it be kino?

My only question: will the animation be as shit as it has been in recent Saint Seiya anime?

>3D
of course it will be shit

The Castlevania series is Sup Forums so this likely will be as well.

This is stupid bullshit.

I'd settle for it being good. I've only watched the original and it was pretty good when I was 10 but now it doesn't hold up.

Oh shit! What is this?

should have made Ring ni Kakero instead

No English speaking person cares about this. Only Spanish people care about it.

The Saint Seiya CGI movie was garbage but at least it looked pretty, Toei is good once they get decent CG models to work, and now that they have Netflix money it is guaranteed that at the very least it will have great animation.

PG-13 Netflix revival when

Yeah, because the English speaking world absolutely loves a random boxing manga from the 70s.

Same. It doesn't hold up because the formula is always the same. The corresponding here character initially gets bloodily destroyed by the antagonist and then out of nowhere he pulls out enough "cosmo" to one shot the antagonist. Rinse and repeat for the entire franchise. Even Dragon Ball Z wasn't like this and it's fight's don't hold up either.

Also Saori has got to be one of the most obnoxious Mary Sues ever created. I don't give a damn if she's an actual goddess. She's so annoying. Also anyone else find it suspicious that every single male god is evil but the only female god is good? Pussy Worship gets a whole new meaning in this series.

i think anything honorary Sup Forums is anime that was on toonami or sooner.

>implying the autistic fanbase that is obsessed with Voltron LD gave a shit about original recipe Voltron

All this show needs is husbandos and good fight scenes.

DBZ's fights hold up just fine. The anime just adapted them terribly.

Completely agree. I've heard SS's author wanted to end the story after the gold saints, leaving all protagonists dead. I think that would've been better.

DBZ is shit..

>Toei animation.
It's a Japanese studio. As far as I remember Castlevania was done somewhere in Texas.

Well I can't argue with that skillful criticism.

You don't get why DBZ is shit? DB is god-tier but, after the saiyans fight, all character development stopped and all fights stopped being interesting. It's power level wanking done in the most formulaic way possible.

>No one outside of South America and France ever talks about the friggin thing.
Sure. That's why it keeps getting sequels, spinoffs and adaptations decades after it ended.

>I've heard SS's author wanted to end the story after the gold saints, leaving all protagonists dead.
Dubious, considering they all survive on panel in the comic. Phoenix runs all the way from Virgo to the finish and meets them.

DBZ was never honorary Sup Forums.
kys

All the writing staff on the Netflix show are murricans so it's honorary Sup Forums now

Yes, that's the extremely generic opinion, I'm glad you've learned to parrot it.

convince me DBZ is good

Give me reasons why DBZ is bad that you haven't gotten from the Internet.

>this is what is like to argue with Sup Forums

Jesus, I was way out of my depth. Too much autism, you win.

Well, Saint Seiya didn't air on Toonami. It did air on SVES though.

Sup Forums will probably get Saint Seiya while Sup Forums will get Devilman Crybaby.

Is that suppose to contradict user's statement?

It's fucking boring. Even back when they played it back-to-back everyday on TV, it was still too slow. I'd blow my brains out if I was watching it weekly.

youtu.be/pwFpAyEuph8
The Steven Universe anime promo looks good.

Dunno, the movie was kind of bland and it tried a bit too hard. But Saori was a total qt tho.
Still mad they made Saga a giant monster in the final battle.

>Implying
Saint Seiya is huge in Latin America, Japan, Italy, and a few other countries in Europe.

>Knights of the Zodiac/Saint Seiya

Who the fuck cares? Where' my Ronin Warriors reboot?!

God I miss this show

Why don't you name some unpopular and financially unsuccesful IPs that have gotten five remakes/sequels/spinoffs over the years?

So what did the red one say? Flare up now?

Thats because the US got a really fucking shitty dub that lasted a couple of episodes. On top of that it aired damn near 20 years after it released.

it was dead on arrival.

Don't kid yourself. All it needs is husbandos.

will it have the best opening theme, though?

>post OP toei
plsno

Saint Seiya was called Knights of the Zodiac when it aired on CN.

Big O should be a part of this. Maybe Space Dandy.

You're are dense.
You don't need worldwide popularity to be successful, so nothing you said contradicted that faggot. South America and France are not barren wastelands. What is there even to be triggered about?

Netflix is making a 3D Saint Seiya cartoon.

>A Netflix Original Series
They do this shit with anime all the time but it's already aired on like Japanese television and they're distributing. afterwards.

Phenoix is one the biggest mary sue's in existence

>We're making a new Saint Seiya series
That's good
>BUT it'll be CGI
That's bad
>But it'll follow the story of the manga
That's good
>As rewritten by western script writers
That's bad
>You're also getting a live action movie, directed by a fan
That's good
>The producer will be the same from the King of Fighters movie
Can I go now

sensei plz stop drinking and go to bed you already got them to make an anime

SS cosplay I think which character was this again?

>start reading the manga
>it reads like an episode of wwe

Top kek

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu533OKYHyc
SAINT SEIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YES

You're forgetting Cowboy Bebop. Even the creator himself Shinichiro Watanabe has admitted that he likes the american dub better.

It's on toonami so yeah it is you colossal newfag

>As rewritten by western script writers=That's bad
I don't see how that is bad.

It's done by the japanese, Netflix is just thier network. So yeah, it belongs to Sup Forums

Whether this is good or bad, it's going to pull HUGE bank from the Mexi's and PR's and Hue Hue's

Saint Seiya was fucking enormous in South America

They aren't animating the 12 temples arc yet though. How will the fujos know what husbandos await them?

>LGBBQ Shun
>Girl power Shaina and Marin
>Privilege checking
>Hip references to internet memes
I can't wait!

>Not posting the superior opening
youtube.com/watch?v=234a0963oVw

it's considered shit, like all attemps of reviving that IP since the hades arc

not a single western cartoon writer can make action or classy products, it's in their core education, it must be garbage for retarded kids and will avoid all use of treatening words and body contact because Jesus is a faggot taht cries at everything. If one of them is a girl or some castrated weirdo, then it's gonna be a self insert polical pamphlet.

>all American writing cast
>jamming four arcs in 12 episodes
This is gonna hurt

Also we all agree Hyoga is best Bronze right?

>girly looking Gold Saints genderbent into strong wimmin
>more interpersonal drama than fights
>all blood/violence cleaned up
but
>Saori is useful

That's Shun, m8.

>Shun
>anything but worst of the 5
Though to be fair that's only because of how good the rest are

He's literally the purest. Best otouto.

Heard it's up to the beginning of the Silver Saints arc.

Eh he's pretty cool, but it's hard to tell. The manga gives everyone some cool moments.

PENIS SHOOTS A PHANTOM JUICE
SO THAT LIU MAY BACK YOU UUUP

anybody here watched Shurato?

youtube.com/watch?v=CIdKVMYA1t0

Is gonna be on netflix, like Voltron, and has american writers -- if Voltron is accepted on Sup Forums, so should Saint Seiya Netflix remake

I'm ok with female scorpio -- she reminded me a bit of FemShep

Hyoga enjoyed every minute of it.

>implying there's no such thing as Sup Forumsku

I'm ok with this. Last Saint Seiya thread on Sup Forums was comfy as fuck.

Westerns and Japanese have fundamentally different values and worldviews. It's very rare anything good comes from one trying to rewrite/adapt the other's stuff.

Come on user. Even if you don't like Shun you can't possibly think Seiya is any good. In the original, anyway, spinoffs have a history of making him more likable (even whenbthe spinoffs are bad).

Aiolia was a better Seiya.

As tiring as PUNCH HARDER as a superpower can be, I found Seiya's punk attitude more fun than Shun, but either way I love all them asspulling motherfuckers, even if I do think Shiryu really needs to stop blinding and killing himself so goddamn often

The problem is that Seiya loses that attitute halfway through the Sanctuary arc. Then he becomes just bland and serious, without any defining trait other than his devotion to Saori. And that's boring as fuck for a protagonist like Seiya, who wins only through determination. It's hard to root for a protagonist who just gets beaten until he wins when he doesn't have a relatable personality. That's why "stoic protector" Seiya works a lot better in Omega, because as a supporting character he is allowed to actually be competent and dignified. Every other Saint Seiya spinoff tries to give the main protagonist a more colorful personality to make the reader/viewer care more about their struggle. That's true even for spin-off protagonists who are literally Seiya like Tenma or the Legend of Sanctuary version.

Indian Saint Seiya is easily in my top 3 Saint Seiyas, but not as good as Samurai Saint Seiya.

That was probably when they realized people weren't tuning in for Seiya.

I was about to reply exactly this

Soul of Gold made for some entertaining threads on Sup Forums.

Saint Seiya is so freakishly huge in Italy you have no goddamn idea, same for Lupin and a few others

I actually like Lost Canvas a lot for this very reason.

I am watching Omega right now and its better than the original.

Seiya is fucking shit protagonist.

Have you rewatched the original, or even read the manga? It was always shit, but entertaining shit when done right.

Saintia Sho is good, Shouko best girl.

The production team is supposedly mostly or all american, so i guess Sup Forums.

>UMA DELICIA

Mai Nigga.

In the dub, yes. In Japan he said twin flame cut.

Also, who is your favorite? Mine is Sage(US)/Date(JP).

>new Devilman
>style is un-Nagai as can be

Who wished on the monkey's paw?

>No English speaking person cares about this.
That's likely the point though. They want to make Saint Seiya big in America.

Most of the writing team seems to be American, so it's definitely the main audience they have in mind with this.

Poseidon helps later though. Also Fudo if you count Omega.

Should the US do a series on Ninja Gaiden next, or a live action of Bubble Gun Crisis?