Rebirth Thread

Best current Rebirth series? I've heard New Super-Man is no longer as good as it was.

Reading through Detective Comics now with Hal Jordan and friends coming this week in the mail

Deathstroke

Red Hood has been a really great series that keep getting better. The annual was the only meh issue which doesn't affect the series in anyway.

I haven't read Deathstroke yet, would you say better or worse than Green Lanterns?
Yeah I loved the first trade, which is all I get living in the middle of a desert in Australia. Can't wait until the second one is out.

New Super-Man, Green Lanterns, Supersons, and Red Hood for me.

>Deathstroke
>Aquaman
>Super Sons
>Superman
>New Superman
>Red hood (very good compared to new 52 run)
>Batman
>Wonder Woman (if you like her as a character)
>The Flash (ignore the first arc, so start reading at #9)
>Nightwing (again the first arc isn't very good. #5 is apart of the Monster Men crossover so maybe start there)
>Action comics

Avoid:
>Green Arrow
>First couple arcs of Blue Beetle
>Superwoman (I found it terrible)
>Trinity wasn't as good as i was hoping, and many feel the same way

Good luck

>Avoid
>Green Arrow

Current rankings:
Red Hood and the Outlaws
New Super-Man
Batman
Superman
Deathstroke
Super Sons
Aquaman
Action Comics
Green Arrow
Teen Titans
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan and the GLC
Detective Comics
Titans
Justice League of America
Blue Beetle
Suicide Squad
All-Star Batman
Trinity
Justice League

Everything else I didn't read.

Ah fuck forgot 2. Add the Flash before Aquaman and Nightwing below Green Arrow.

all I've read is Red Hood (was really good), Batman (mixed bag) and Flash (recently caught up to #29, but overall it's meh for me).

I think I'll catch up with New Super-Man, I've read the first couple of issues and it was crazy funny. Which issue is the series at now?

13 plus an annual

New Super-Man is just as good as ever. Sounds like someone butthurt about something liked to you, OP.

Deathstroke is the best Rebirth series

He has been rushing through plot lines lately but I do still enjoy it. I just hope that when it gets cancelled we get a relaunch as JLC

The Young Animal titles are probably the best thing to come out of Rebirth. Forager is my favourite, but the other four titles are great too. Cave Carson drops in quality a bit after #6 because Way leaves the title and Rivera is not only scripting now but also plotting. It's still pretty good, but not as good as it was when it started. Michael Avon Oeming should probably co-write it too and not only do the art, he's a better writer than Rivera'll probably ever be.

Action Comics and Superman are both just "man punch stuff" in my eyes, though some people like Superman a lot so, maybe you'll too. I only liked the rebirth one-shot, and #7.

Batman has it's ups and downs. The first arc was good, Night of the Monster Man crossover was okay, second arc was terrible, annual had some good stories in it, best one was probably the Batman/Shadow prelude, Rooftops interlude was okay, most people like it a lot more than I did, third arc is again pretty good, just like the first one, the first part of The Button crossover was great, but the rest is shit, Swamp Thing interlude, #23 was just fuckng amazing, definitely the best issue of the series, and the fourth arc has been going okay, it's not something that stands out.

All-Star Batman has been shit mostly. The first and the last arc are both just terrible. The second arc was mostly okay, the Mad Hatter issue was pretty good. Best part of the whole thing is definitely the back-up stories in the last arc. They're not written by Snyder, so they're actually good.

Detective Comics has been one of my favourite titles to comu out of Rebirth. The Spoiler interludes by Sebela are not as good as the rest of the series, but they're okay. Most of Sup Forums seems to hate this though, so either they have something against Tynion that for some reason I don't, or I like it because I'm not a batfag.

Batwoman was okay, but you can see Bennett's work getting worse as she struggles to balance this and Animosity and whatever else.

Not the op, but I agree with them. NSM has been really lacking lately.

Batgirl's first arc was good but the ending was terrible, second arc was shit, all the interludes are just stupid filler, the annual was fun, and the new arc that just started last issue seems to be going great.

Birds of Prey starts out pretty bland, but once the art duties are taken on by a good artist it gets better, good but nothing special.

This was my first time reading Aquaman, so I'm not really qualified to criticize it this way, but I stopped reading after the first arc because arthur seemed too stupid to me. I mean yeah not all superheroes should be geniuses, but also maybe none of them should act like retards.

Batman/Shadow mini series has been going pretty good, but I probably like it because I know virtually nothing about the Shadow and I'm not a batfag, also Rossmo is my favourite artist.

Blue Beetle got good for like two issues or something in the middle, but mostly it was a 5 issue story decompressed into like 12 or something. Most of the time it seemed like Giffen was writing the story as he went along and didn't know where it would go when he started writing it.

Cyborg's just pure shit don't even go near it.

Deathstroke has been great, the first few issues are a bit bland if you're not that familiar with the character (I wasn't), but you get used to it and start realizing it's great, as you keep reading.

Fall and Rise of Captain Atom started out okay but it turned into shit.

The Flash's first arc was okay, probably because they basically re-did the Hunter Zolomon story for Barry. Then it was shit till after The Button, when Thawne came, and it was good for a couple of issues, but now it's shit again.

Green Arrow has been consistently great, especially after Roy comes back, it gets fucking amazing.

Harley Quinn is garbage, aside from the Dini back-ups.

Deathstroke is much better than Green Lanterns

>Fall and Rise of Captain Atom started out okay but it turned into shit
Way didn't you like about it? I thought the ending was fine

The only one who have a good pacing in terms of quality is RHatO, the Green Lanterns series are really hit or totally miss
Another one who usually dont get me bored is Detective Comics

Hellblazer has been shit, but with the last issue Tim Seeley just took over for a three issue arc, and his first issue is probably the best Hellblazer issue since the original series. Nothing Hellblazer in or since The New 52 can even compare to this one issue.

Justice League is pure shit, aside from when Seeley took over for two issues. JLA is better but just because you're better than shit doesn't mean you aren't shit.

Kamandi Challenge has has some good issues, but it also had Palmiotti and Conner doing an issue so not all are good.

Midnighter & Apollo mini was pretty great, but should only be read if you've read and liked Orlando's Midnighter.

Nightwing's first arc was just exceptionally amazing, the second one was pretty bland and predictable, third was okay, the fourth was pretty good and the fifth one is going great.

Outlaws, as always, is pure garbage. At this point reading this feels closer to watching a b-movie, than anything else.

Suicide Squad is shit, aside from when Spurrier took over for two issues.

Supergirl is just "hey guys look remember the tv shows that's airing literally right now, this is just like that, please read it ahhhh", so it's pretty terrible.

Superwoman was good when Jimenez was writing it, but for some fucking reason Sup Forums agreed with casuals on a thing for the first time and went "this is 'too wordy', why is Superwoman the most 'wordy' title, bleeehhhh" so they put Perkins on it and now it's shit and probably gonna get cancelled right after Cyborg and Beetle.

Titans and Teen Titans are both okay, nothing special. Read if you're a fan of the characters, that's what I'm doing. It's weird how both are written by good writers but neither of them are great. Maybe the two titles should be combined into a biweekly Titans series, written by both, with art by not Brett Booth, starring Starfire, Beast Boy, Blaqualad, Nightwing, Roy, OG Wally, Blue Beetle and Cap Marvel. If Cyborg joined and left JL that would also be great.

>think Nightwing is amazing
>say Outlaws is garbage
Interesting.

"The villain is the analog of the hero, also the good guy general is the one causing it all, and look his son has powers too you definitely didn't see that one coming did you dear reader!"

Just felt like it was trying too hard to not be a simple story, while a fun little thing about him accidentally ending up in the past, building a life, accidently coming back and having to start superheroing again while trying to connect with his son would've been a good enough story.

>Teen Titans above GLs
>Batman that high

That's really the only grievances I have there

> Outlaws is shit.
> Nightwing first arc was exceptionally amazing.

Nightwing's first arc was mediocre at best. Either you're a Dickfag or delusional to think Outlaws is shit in comparison to the rollercoaster ride between alright and dull Nightwing has been.

I know that it his opinion, but I can't lie that I was like "opinion discarded" the moment he said that RHaTo is garbage.

>disliking Superman and Action Comics
>thinking Monster men was ok
>liking Det'
>thinking Rogue's Reloaded was shit
>didn't like Palmiotti and Conner's Wild Fetish Ride
>thinking Nightwing is anything but consistently just average
>thinking Outlaws is shit
How do you live with having a shit taste?

I had only read the rebirth one-shot and the first issue of the series until last week when the annual came out. I read the annual, just because Nightwing was in it, even though I knew Scott Lobdell was just gonna write some shitty story again. And it was beyond shitty, at this point every single fucking page just made me laugh my ass off at how fucking bad it's written.

I seriously cannot believe there are people who actually believe this to be a good title. In the New 52 Lobdell's Outlaws was just plain, boring, and infuriatingly bad. But now, it has passed the point of being bad and reached the point of not even qualifying as a comic book. Titles like this are to comics, what B-Movies are to film. Reading this feels nothing different than watching Miami Connection, I'm astonished at how they managed to make a non-comic. There is no pacing, no structure, no characters let alone any character development, no logic behind anything that happens etc. etc. This is just "things happen, for some reason, to someone", and that's all the structure and reasoning there is. And the dialogue, FUCKIN CHRIST THE DIALOGUE... These are not fucking dialogues, this is just Lobdell talking to himself, no one sounds like they are someone. They all just sound like a random "person #1" would sound.

Can you explain the Young Animals to me and wait ongoings/series there are? Have no real experience with them

So, you are actually a dick fan? That explain it.

You do realize that red hood is a series and not one shot story, right? Not liking the premise of the book is one thing, but saying that it's "garbage" despite admitting that you have read only the first issue is dumb.

And the annual is the weakest issue in the series, but I still wouldn't call it a "garbage" or find it hilariously bad.

Detective Comics is trash, and New Super-Man is still great.

Kill yourself and your shit taste

I don't know why people dislike Detective Comics so much.
I like it and I've never been all that into the extended Bat-family, but this title makes me appreciate a lot of those characters.
It's not an overwhelmingly innovative saga or anything but it seems like the epitome of solid Bat-comics. The art is good, the characterizations are on-point, and the various storylines build together in a nice way.
I've never liked Tynion at all before, but this series is good.

Batman by King is the worst top-selling title since Youngblood, plus it's pseudointellectual which makes it so much worse.

There are four ongoing Young Animal titles, and one mini series. The mini is, Bug: The Adventures of Forager, and it's about Forager from Kirby's New Gods, discovering who he is and shit, while traveling through the DC history and meeting other Kirby creations. It's basically the Allreds' love letter to Kirby.

The ongoings are Doom Patrol, Mother Panic, Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye and Shade, The Changing Girl.

Doom Patrol is, well a Doom Patrol series. Mother Panic is an OC series about a new Gotham based superhero. It might just seem like edgy shit at first, but it's surprisingly good. Shade is about a metan called Loma who steals the madness vest and comes to earth because she loved an old tv show. And Cave Carson is about a spelunker called cave carson, dealing with the death of his wife and bonding with his kid, at least it starts out like that but turns into them fighting giant tentacle monsters after #6.

I have read 3 issues in total of the series, not just the first issue. The rebirth one-shot and the first issue were as terrible as the annual.

Currently Superman is a bit shitty. It's been two months and this parallax story is getting delayed. for some shitty deathstroke v superman bullshit.

Supposedly he kidnaps lois which, I don't give a fuck how hopeful rebirth is, should end in never being able to walk again. But it wont.

I think what people really dislike about it is the "muh 90s" which Tynion goes overboard with it to be honest.

To be perfectly honest, I'm just waiting for Doomsday Clock.

>Good Books
I get a lot of mileage out of deathstroke, green arrow, and new super-man. Green Lanterns has been a fun ride but i'm wary of Tim Seeley. The Wild Storm has been a blast and so has Doom Patrol but I don't think those count as Rebirth

Can already tell Mr. Miracle is going to be a winner in my book

>Terrible Books
I just dropped Nightwing and Flash because both were exceedingly mediocre and fell into the trap of recycling early on. Batman alternates between good and crap. liking the current arc a lot. DC still can't get anyone decent to write Constantine.

>Average books
Most everything else really. Superman and Super Sons are enjoyable and inoffensive but not wow-ing. Teen Titans is actually kind of decent. Aquaman could be much better than it is if they went full political intrigue and cut out the superhero-y parts but it's still decent. Detective Comics and Justice League of America are actually not terrible but they feel rushed half the time. The character interactions are better than the stories half the time

>I have read 3 issues in total of the series, not just the first issue. The rebirth one-shot and the first issue were as terrible as the annual
You already said that and you calling it garbage is still dumb.

There's nothing wrong with not liking the book, but don't expect people to take your opinion seriously when you only read 3 issues out of 15 issues from the series so far.

I read Trinity for the art, but Manapul doesn't draw enough of it.

Actual must reads:

>Rucka's Wonder Woman
>Super Sons
>New Super-Man

>Dickfags
neck yourself

New Super-Man, Red Hood, Green Lanterns and Green Arrow are the only good books besides Shade the Changing Girl and Future Quest

I read Deathstroke for like 16-17 issues and felt it went nowhere.
Priest is a good writer and the characterizations were good, but the plot felt unnecessarily overcomplicated.

>Dad someone's trying to kill me.
>Oh wait this other friendo of mine hired the killer.
>Fight him Dad.
>Oh wait, you hired the killer, Dad?
>Why? It isn't interesting.

All of the twists and turns, finding out a dozen issues later that some plot element was the opposite of what it was said to be, but there's no payoff and or reason why I should be impressed.

It was still an okay read but I don't get all the super-high praise.

>>Rucka's Wonder Woman
pfahahahah

>It was still an okay read but I don't get all the super-high praise.
It makes people feel smart.

Deathstroke isn't a bad book and I actually enjoy it, but I do completely agree that's it overrated.

>tfw there are newfags who haven't been on Priest's wild ride before

just wait it gets better and everything will come back into play.

dick-fags

>>The Flash (ignore the first arc, so start reading at #9)

I think you mean ignore the whole thing. Williamson is not a good writer.

>Titans and Teen Titans are both okay, nothing special. Read if you're a fan of the characters, that's what I'm doing. It's weird how both are written by good writers but neither of them are great. Maybe the two titles should be combined into a biweekly Titans series, written by both, with art by not Brett Booth, starring Starfire, Beast Boy, Blaqualad, Nightwing, Roy, OG Wally, Blue Beetle and Cap Marvel. If Cyborg joined and left JL that would also be great.

Both books suck because they can barely characterize or highlight any of the characters correctly and you want to mash them together when the last mashup we got was fucking Lazarus Contract.

That's fucking dumb as shit, user.

Mann is a pretty good replacement at least

fpbp, really impressive work
just make sure to read the couple issues of 80s Judas contract to give a little background imo

>Shazam on the cover
Johns, you sonuvabitch, get your sticky hands off of Billy B and let him have a series.

>It's been two months and this parallax story is getting delayed.
I think it's the SuperLex story that's getting delayed.

>and his first issue is probably the best Hellblazer issue since the original series
The DCYou series was a million times better. So was the Future's End issue. Seeley's first issue is mediocre and quite boring if you've read Hellblazer before.