Y'all excited for this? It's been a while since I've read a Johns comic and I need my fix

Y'all excited for this? It's been a while since I've read a Johns comic and I need my fix

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2010/07/alan-moore-watchmen/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's alan moore's take on this

Dunno, but he once called Johns a raccoon digging though his trash.

seems accurate

comics corporations need to die

He doesn't care, he knows it would be hypocritical for him to complain about Johns reusing characters and concepts. I doubt Moore really meant the "raccoon digging through garbage" comment at Johns.

>he knows it would be hypocritical for him to complain about Johns reusing characters and concepts.

No, I don't think the senile old fart does. He has regularly complained about others reusing his characters and concepts.

He was responsible for the expansion of green lantern lore as well as the Flash-point story. I think hes a pretty solid writer and I'm pretty excited.

The whole cape industry tries to copy Watchmen and TDKR for like three decades now, it's disgusting. It will never cross their minds it wasn't the grittiness or the characters that made them revolutionary.
But what Moores really about in his hate for the big two is writers being fucked in the ass and having absolutely no rights to their own creations.

>Rasputin impersonator
Holy fuck that's accurate

>Johns writing a story that should be subtle and nuanced
>more uninspired Watchmen stuff from DC
>likely a trie messge f hope and love or something that Superman will preach to Doc Manhattan
>This fucking variant

Hard pass.

>that gif
What the fuck is wrong with Johns?

Tbf I bet it was DC corporate that commissioned this, although it is pretty disgusting

You mean those rights they contractually sign away? DC gave him a shit deal but he agreed to it and is still getting royalties to this day.

>m-muh sacred cow
Fuck off. The OP image is based as fuck.

this, it's epic, get over it nerd

Before TDKR/Watchmen there was no market for reprinted trades, Moore was supposed to get the rights when Watchmen got out of print which, if it wasn't such a huge hit, would happen right away.
As to the royalties, I heard Moore saying he started writing Providence because he couldn't pay his taxes.

Not even a total DC dickrider would defend that image, it's so terrible

What he meant was he wants them to use the industry's old ideas.

Moore is self critical of people going back to his well of ideas. He is despondent about this. He wrote Supreme to celebrate positive ideas as well.

The lesson we should get from Watchmen is that the way you tell a story is massively important. Such things like panneling work or having a thought-out beginning and an end.
An end to the story, not repeating the same shit every new generation of writers. Clumsily at that.

google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2010/07/alan-moore-watchmen/amp/

If he can't pay his taxes that's on him. He could have made fat bank on the watchmen movie but the crotchety old man refused. I'm not saying dc didn't fuck him, but his life is a product of his own damn choices.

it was full bait i hope. it's a clumsily drawn piece of shit and you're telling me that's an actual GIF for promotion?

dear fucking god it's going to be ruined.

He was always a stubborn brit. I think the point here is that the mainstream comic industry is a shitty place to do any kind of creative work.