X-General

Why does Sup Forums hate Scott/Jean so much?

that shitshow X-Factor doesn't count

Because Jean is a cunt.

Because Scott/Emma was better.

Jean, like Bobby and Warren, has just never been that interesting (outside Dark Phoenix Saga and the buildup to it).

And Scott isn't?

It's hard for me to like most characters consistently when their longevity ensures they'll be written off as belligerent, ungodly assholes multiple times in their existence.

fpbp

Scott/Jean was the classic high school romance: Jock x Popular girl. It works great when everyone's still young and in school and your only requirements for an SO are "hot and popular", but once you graduate, you're expected to find someone you actually click with. Scott and Jean were two very different people, and it never seemed to me like their love was based on anything more than their status as alphas back in highschool. They were in love because that's how they were written, not because they got along especially well.

Scott/Emma was a lot better. By that time, Scott was a lot darker and willing to do anything to save the mutant race, and Emma's amoral tendencies complemented that perfectly.

Because Jean is the shittiest X-man. Even shittier than Adam the X-Treme

I just want their young versions together because if not we will get a Jean x Wolverine wannabe and that´s even worse

Scott and Emma was the superior couple

Damn, that about sums it up.

Personally? The Wolverine/Jean/Cyclops triangle that dominated the relationship. Emma and Scott was so much healthier than they were.

Jean's entire character hinged on that bullshit, and made her hypocritical that she would get indignant if a female psychic even looked at Scott but would never tell Wolverine to completely fuck off even when she was married. the breaking point was seeing Cyke get absorbed by Apoc and immediately we get her 'tempted' by Wolverine before he's even confirmed gone.

Sup Forums is full of Emma Frost fans who hate Jean, and fans who prefer the edgier Cyclops that was with Emma, and the Rightclops meme version of him, to the boyscout field leader he used to be. Most modern fans seem to not care about, or hate the original lineup, too.

No-one's getting what they want anymore, with Scott and Jean both dead, and Emma is a villain again.

>Most modern fans seem to not care about, or hate the original lineup, too.

Guess what, fans hated the original lineup back in the day too, that's why the book got put into reprints.

those Scott/Jean comics done by that tranny were better

Well, i don't, i still see them married and all. Makes sense. Just like Peter and MJ.
But i guess stable, healthy relationships are anathema to comic book writers.

>Jock x Popular girl
Scott was never the jock/popular dude. If anything Warren was the alpha of the O5.

>anything involving jean

>healthy
>stable

Warren was the rich kid, but Scott was the leader. Warren was Reggie, and Scott was Archie.

How in the world was Scott edgy?

It isnt so much about Emma or Jean, it is about Scott.
Most Cyclops fans like Cyclops better from Morrison on, the one of Morrison, Whedon, and the one was who leader of Utopia, and the leader of mutants having replaced Xavier.
They think, perhaps correctly, that Jean holds back Cyclops. Unlike Emma.

Also, the Emma Scott relationship was more of "equal" members in a relationship than the one with Jean. Two alpha mutants, not an alpha + an omega who is comparable to Galactus when bounded to the Phoenix.

My case is unusual. I like Emma more than both Jean and Scott (although I also like them a lot). Don't mind to see teen Jean with teen Scott (I fear teen Scott will be the victim of a love triangle with Jimmy, the son of Wolverine from the Ultimate universe, which would look a lot like cuckolding if something happens between Jean and Jimmy while Jean and Scott share their psychic rapport) I think the relationship that has the most potential is X-23 Teen Cyclops. Finally Wolverine and Cyclops can fuck.
And I would like to see Emma move on from Cyclops, and start fucking another person close to her age. I dont like her as crazy ex girlfriend villain. The only thing I regret is Ruby Summers never got to be born.

Scott was right. Scott has always been right

Jean loved the drama and attention

Warren was a weak (in powerlevel) character who overcompensated with a bazooka, and mentioned how he could change direction mid air slightly better than all the other characters who dont need wings to fly + also have other powers.

and he was a male damsel in distress in the 80s. He wasnt a good character until he became Archangel.

>Scott
>Jock

Scott was a weird, obsessive loner with borderline depression who actively avoided casual activity with the other four original students because of his death beam eyes. He was a skinny, lanky nerd who got his muscled physique because his need to train maneuvers and tactics made him exercise almost constantly.

Cyclops has more in common with Napoleon fucking Dynamite than whatever Chad you imagine him to be.

>Prereprint X-Men was probably still selling better than todays top books, even at then cancellation levels

>>Beast and cyclops may never be bros again in your lifetime

When Scott,Logan and Xavier inevitably return how do you think there reunion would go?I just binged early X factor and the Jim lee stuff,I miss them

Jean's a horrible woman. Scott's a great man held back by her.

At least until they retcon it and say that ever since Morrison's run, Emma Frost has been mind controlling Cyclops.

As much as your points are valid, Warren was rich, handsome, confident, had a power with almost no downsides, and was superextroverted.

In the original series he was clearly Scott's main love rival.

>almost no downsides

I'll take having to wear sunglasses all the time over having to conceal my giant wings to go out in public

How the hell is Cyclops edgy? He is a leader and a damn good one.

>and start fucking another person close to her age

You got a problem with older ladies, dipshit?

>Jean's a horrible woman. Scott's a great man held back by her.

Honestly, this. Jean was a cunt (and still is a cunt) but her biggest crime was holding back the best character the Xmen had.

Now we got a neutered teen Cyclops that is every bit of a pussy as the average cbr poster.

>implying Emma should find a man much younger than her sexually arousing

>Ruby Summers never got to be born
We live in the worst timeline, user.

>Implying she wouldn't

You need to get laid, faggot.

>Warren was a weak (in powerlevel) character who overcompensated with a bazooka

Doesn't that only appear on the cover of #1?

It's odd, because back in the 1990s, people who hated Scott and Jean hated them because they were "too perfect, too flawless, too much in love with each other", and there was no relationship-drama with them.

Then Morrison and Whedon re-wrote history and claimed they were always an unstable, dysfunctional relationship, to make Scott/Emma look better in comparison, and it seems everyone just believed it, because who could possibly question those men?

Just as the idea of Jean and Logan together was long dead until Morrison and Casey revived it either for movie-synergy, or just to make Jean look bad.

he has joked about that relatively recently, cant remember the comic or if it was teen warren

btw, on Jean, pic related