Comic or cartoon is a likable, but everything is ruined by nostalgia fags and hype dickriders ruin it...

>comic or cartoon is a likable, but everything is ruined by nostalgia fags and hype dickriders ruin it, hailing it the best thing ever made without actually liking it for what it is
has this happened to you Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kxT_2VYtHfE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldn't know because I don't purchase games with denuvo.

I'm just glad you're not a dickrider

Dickriders are better than faggots who hate on everything popular just to feel superior.

it's the other way around friendo

Agreed. I feel bad for people who can't appreciate something because of the popularity of it.

not once did I say I hate popular things. I love sonic mania. I just hate casuals like Etika who are riding the hype and hail g it as the greatest thing ever made but will forget about it later. Add to the fact the nostalgiafags worshipping it for childhood bullshit.
happens with 90s cartoons

How can anyone claim this when every single videogame falls under that? Are you unable to enjoy anything then?

Not Sup Forums, but I feel this about Gurren Lagann.

The animation is great, the soundtrack is great,the visual design is great, the characters are (mostly) enjoyable and there are tons of great little moments which can really evoke emotion. However it has a number of prominent flaws, like season 2 being a dull slog until Yoko comes back. But all anyone gives a shit about is the "SO HYPE!!!!!!!" moments and declare it the best anime ever. Then in blowback to that theres a significant number of people who will shit on it in response to these obnoxious fans. So any actual discussion of its merits and weaknesses is impossible.

It pretty much lived up to all the hype for it I had. I'm sure I'll come back for a few replays down the road.

I absolutely loved it from start to finish and I'm really glad I wasn't exposed to the very obnoxious fanbase till after I'd finished it.

I thought it lived up to the hype, I liked it for being a fun game

Mania is a good game, but I'm sick of the people saying it's the only decent Sonic game made in the last 20 years. Modern Sonic has had plenty of good games.

It really didn't.

He's had a handful, yeah,but I'd say none of them are as good as Mania.

Okay, stop. I get where you're coming from, but let's not go crazy here. Modern Sonic's had like maybe two "good" games, but the rest are incredibly mediocre. I hate the faggots saying Mania is the next coming of christ but then will forget about it the instant Forces comes out, sure, but let's be honest-- people are saying that for a reason and it's not exclusively unfamiliarity of the franchise's long list of titles.

The problem with Modern Sonic games is that they didn't evoke that same sense of exploration that the older games had. The modern games were very much "run to the end until you get there without stopping to smell the roses" whereas in the genesis era games, you had a good balance of the two with branching paths that rewarded you with secrets and hidden features. Up until Mania, the new games were becoming a ready slogfest.

here we go again, putting shit in my mouth.
>every single video game
you lying motherfucker, you know this doesn't always happen. many games aren't hyped or mainstream. compare overwatch to paladins or battleborn
>are you unable to enjoy anything then?
once again, saying shit that never happened. I never said anything about hating these things. I hate the people that hype it up.

what are you talking about and what are you mad about this time?

like what kind of feelings are you trying to channel, make some damn sense lad

When was the last time Sonic had a 9/10 game?

>you lying motherfucker, you know this doesn't always happen.
Yes, it does.
>compare overwatch to paladins or battleborn
Two games that are hailed as the best thing since sliced bread by its audience? Alright.
>I hate the people that hype it up.
If it bothers you that much, you really aren't familiar with videogames. You'd have a point if you were complaining about people doing that with BAD games, because holy fuck that's pretty much everyone in this godforsaken hobby, but no, you want your anonymous e-penis stroked for enjoying a quality game the "right way".

Do kart games count?

>whereas in the genesis era games, you had a good balance of the two with branching paths that rewarded you with secrets and hidden features
Wasn't that the same for the Adventure games as well?

Mania is alright, but it's pretty much just a S3&K rom mod. I got bored of it quickly.

>I have no taste in vidya

>Do kart games count?
I guess, I was going to say those weren't developed by Sonic Team, but then I remembered that Mania wasn't either

Then yeah, Transformed was fantastic.

I had tasted that taste enough times to no longer get excited for it. It's like if you loved chocolate frosted donuts since you were a kid and now you are an adult and you still have one once in a while and then they come out with chocolate frosted SPRINKLED donuts and you get excited but realize it's the essentially the same damn thing.

Man it was MADE for nostolgia fags. I had been getting my sonic fix from 1,cd,2,3 and knuckles for 15+ years. I have memorized the damn games, and now the impossible happened and I got a new game thats as good as the old one. If people are acting like its the best thing ever its because the impossible happened, a good sonic game came out again.

Nostalgiafags are literally its target audience, there is not one ounce of pretense about this from anyone involved, nostalgiafags know they're being pandered to and love it.

>>Modern Sonic has had plenty of good games.

>battleborn's target audience hailed it as the greatest thing since sliced bread
go home randy, you're drunk.

>waaaaahhhh it's too similar to the good sonic games

Fucking dumbass.

I didn't say anything about target audience. Just the 30 something hamplanets that play it.

Yes, it's extremely annoying. I guess the people never knew about the fangame/modding scene for Sonic games and the genuinely new ideas and gameplay styles it managed to produce? Because, well, Mania is not even like the best of the hacks out there, except it's official, so yay?

>hail g it as the greatest thing ever made but will forget about it later
Happens with every single modern Sonic game.

>1) Reviewers and ecelebs play the first levels. "Oh my God! It feels just like Green Hill Zone! Look, 2D! Sonic is back!"
>2) A year or so passes. New Sonic game is announced.
>3) "Can Sonic Game N+1 bring the blue blur back to his glory days?!?!?!"

As soon as a year passes, the last game they can remember existing is Sonic 06, I guess? Those praises given just a year ago never happened.

It was from the Adventure games exactly. user must've been trying to sound like a nostalgiafag, because Genesis games are sure ain't about exploration.

Name these better romhacks.

Exactly. SEGA got bamboozled by the hacks who've built a "game" by recycling 90% of the old content.

>I had been getting my sonic fix from 1,cd,2,3 and knuckles for 15+ years. I have memorized the damn games,
Oh, fuck off. If you did just that, you'd know all about the myriad better mods made for 2 and 3&K and wouldn't act like a bloody nancy for all this overhyped mania shit.

It was Sega themselves that wanted the game to recycle old zones though.

>if you want sketching new from an already troublesome franchise you're evil
THIS is why I hate hype fags

Name me a single romhack or fangame that comes close to having the same level of polish that Mania has.

shut up randy, you payed those people to play your shitty game

>Add to the fact the nostalgiafags worshipping it for childhood bullshit.
Bruh, did you even see how they advertised this?

youtube.com/watch?v=kxT_2VYtHfE

It was made for the nostalgia. That's why it even exists

>if it's nostalgia it's bad
>if it's 90s it's bad
That's the point of Sonic Mania, to return from it's 1991-1995 counterpart. Of course it's gonna be nostalgic to people, it's a 1:1 return to what hasn't been seen in 23 years. Hence the title Sonic Mania. By the Mania, for the Mania.
Tee Lopes (remixes of Classic games music), PagodaWest (Sonic 2 remake), Stealth (Sonic Megamix, the hack for a 1991 game, a Sonic 1 GBA Rom hack going against SEGA's shitty 2006 release, and Sonic 1, 2&K, 3&K on NDS) and Taxman (a series of Sonic 1/2/3&K based fangames made from the very early 2000s up to 2008 and well-optimized remakes of games from 1991-1993) are the definition of nostalgiafags. For around 15-20 years they have been bent on recreating Sonic's classic era. Hear that, they have been trying to bring back former Sonic since before you were even alive, kid. The Mania comes from how the Sonic fanbase are literal maniacs, so it's basically FOR the classic fans who have been bent on a game like this.
TL;DR fuck off faggot this isn't for you, go wank to Forces if you'd like. Or does Classic Sonic ruin it for you?