Woah... really... makes you.... like... think

woah... really... makes you.... like... think....

youtu.be/2JyXg8Tbm64

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GD818CZPBng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't want ed edd n eddy to come back

we don't deserve it

Yep, my nephews are always on their phones. Niggas can't even run a quarter of a mile or climb a rope or fence. They just sir inside all day.

Didn't Ed Edd n Eddy take place in the 70's anyways? They would be old as shit in 2017

you know, this is a good setup for a movie.

Quite literally >le wrong generation

No, it's supposed to have a timeless feel - But by artifacts and dates in the show, it takes place a little after 2000. But it's a rural area, so it's not up to snuff modernly.

there no indication of any time period.

Damn....................... this is deep

>Rolf with a smartphone
>implying that the son of a shepherd wouldn't reject it and call it witchcraft

Does anybody have that pic of the guy on facebook trying to pitch a modernized EEnE with smartphones and shit and Danny Antonucci telling him to fuck off

REALLY
CATALYZES
MY
CASHEWS

That was the worst part about the video. Everything else was perfect.

Scamming people over the internet is easier than anything.

it was technically set in modern day but intentionally avoided using any modern technology or music so that it would be more similar to Danny's own childhood.
It had to be in modern day because in the movie there was a glass in Bro's room that he won in 2000, and since he left when eddy was a toddler the series had to be set in the mid to late 2000s

Really that's why I don't like the video, even in modern day the kids would be doing the same shit they always do because they were always sort of stuck in the past anyway, it's not like we ever say them watch MTV or play PS2 or anything

LIKE DUDE I'M ONLY 20 YEARS OLD BUT I REEMEBER THIS SHOW!!!! KIDS HAVE CHANGED!!!! LIKE DUDE IPADS LMAO!!! GO OUT SIDE AND SHIT!! FUCK TECHNOLOGY!! I'M SO OLD
>proceeds to make a video on you tube where kids can view it from their phones

>GO OUT SIDE AND SHIT
But then I'd be arrested for public indecency.

> it takes place a little after 2000. But it's a rural area, so it's not up to snuff modernly.
damn stop being in so denial and bad faith, this is old school as fucks, it's fucking obvious that it take place on some 70's - early 80's with also some 90's elements.
the thing more close to the early 2000's concerning the atmosphere is the season 5.

The fucking point of the show was for it to be timeless, so this retarded "woah so deep, we're enslaved by technology" bullshit completely undermines the original concept. Antonucci would've never wanted the show to go up it's own ass about how kids were born in le wrong generation. This animation goes against everything Antonucci wanted for EEnE

Shit video, and what this guy said.

Eddie's brother literally has a prize from the year 2000. It's canon.

Makes me miss the old days. Now I can't go to a party without everyone on their phones. Can't even go to dinner with my folks without them on their phones. I'm the only person I know who knows how to put the fucking thing down.

>Implying that EEnE would still have that thick, jiggly, unique art style if it was made today

Yes but Eddy's brother appears on the movie made on 2009, literally the last thing that show made.
I said that, the thing more close to the 2000's on EEnE are the season 5 (the one with a different animation where they go to middle school) and everything made during or after it.

but sincerely just watch the first seasons, it's obvious as fucks that it had vintage atmosphere.

>Rolf isn't using a brickphone/nokia
>Eddy not creating an App with so much microtransactions in it that it makes the creators of destiny blush
Wasted opportunity

So because you feel like the show had a certain feel to it, that makes it canon?

I'm not arguing that it has that feel of the 70's, but in-universe, the show takes place during the time period of 2000.

>NuPPG uses smartphones
>NuDBZ uses smartphones
>Fan wants to put smartphones into EEE

Stop

>putting canonicity concept on a cartoon network show with no relevant continuity between each episodes anyway.
>basing this on a stupid background element.
it's still pretty much 70's concerning the way of how childrens did some shit on their children lives, we are not really talking about in-universe chronology but more about the atmosphere.

>Not making a joke about eddy just trying to make a internet scam

Again - So it only matters what you feel like the show is portraying? Now what it actually does?

>something that wasn't set in 2017
>set it in 2017
>DUDE SMARTPHONES WERE SLAVES TO OUR PHONES
everytime

It's not what I feel, it's an obvious fact, the show is actually some kind of hybrid mixing 70's, 80's, 90's and even 50's elements on it, there is some 2000's atmosphere on the middle school season but it's because it was made later.

the thing we are talking here it's comparing the current shit kids do on the 2010's with what EEnE kids did on the past, so we are focused on the atmosphere of the show, not on that supposed "canon" according to random background elements, I also sincerely don't think there is a very coherent canon on that show, there is only little references or easter eggs to some former episodes but really, we all know there is no relevant continuity, this is not an anime story arc or a capeshit cycle.

Smartphones are probably one of the greatest inventions of our age.

Prove me wrong.

>so this retarded "woah so deep, we're enslaved by technology" bullshit completely undermines the original concept
Or does it add to it?

>NuDBZ
What's dragon with db super?

Rebeltaxi on tumblr. Check it out

But kids still go outside and play all the time. sometimes they're on their phones but not to the extent that this kind of thing makes it out to be.

Not to mention, the eds would more than likely adapt and come up with scams revolving around smartphones.

>NuDBZ uses smartphones

All Bulma did was give Goku a phone so she could contact him about Whis showing up.

Mr. Satan also had a gold smartphone IIRC

youtube.com/watch?v=GD818CZPBng

>that Scout trip

kek

Nobody cares, Moby.

although smartphones have many advantages, I belive they are at a disadvantage to a standard computer.They constantly distract people and in 50 years everyones hands will be destroyed from constantly holding them

Current 20somethings feel like crotchety old men compared to kids and teens, as you can see on Facebook and Buzzfeed and their obsession with nostalgia, but there's a good reason.

People in their 20s spent their childhood pre-2007, while early-mid teens spent their childhoods mostly post-2007/2008 which was a huge shift in the zeitgest with the global financial crisis, Obummer coming into office, Facebook was rising, Cartoon Network replaced their old shows with stuff like Out of Jimmy's Head and Total Drama Island, the iphone came out, web 2.0 was continuing to spread exponentially, and cancer became terminal on Sup Forums as it engaged in a fight against Scientology. Technology and society advanced so fast that people just a few years apart cannot relate to eachother.

No it's not autist

>exercise Nazz

Why shouldn't the first two have smartphones?

they didn't have smartphones when i watched them as a child

This post made me think
What if the current state of western animation sucks because Sup Forums is a hellhole that doesn't deserve anything nice?

This should have ended with the edds doing internet related scams, like a kickstarted or some thing

>>NuDBZ uses smartphones
WHAAAAAAAAT???

They have fucking time machines and flying cars.

>Ed,Edd'n Eddy
>Not old school
not my fault if you were born on 2002 and have a lack of correct perception concerning decades.

>1910
>stageplays have telephones in them
When will this shit die

>we don't deserve it

I don't think we even need one, or want one for that matter

probably

Don't forget a rise in brain cancer.

Yeah its called Kickstarter

To be fair, it sorta makes sense for Dragon Ball. I mean, they've had flying cars, infinite energy devices, and motherfucking capsule tech for over 30 years in the show's timeline.

But I agree for EEnE, they're just not needed.

this episode still works today cause of spidget finners

Where the fuck do these people live that kids don't go outside? There are always kids in my neighborhood and live with the fear that one day I will run one of them over and ruin my life forever.

People who don't go outside.

>Where the fuck do these people live that kids don't go outside?

The only type of kids that still go outside are black hood rats so they can harass and mug pedestrians.

Everyone else is on their phones all day, every day. Unless they're outcasts none of them stop for a single moment unless you force them to.

t. middle school teacher

You should not be a teacher.

I like this idea actually

What's it like to live in a nuDegrassi diorama?

>The only type of kids that still go outside are black hood rats so they can harass and mug pedestrians.

This is wrong, kids were fucking everywhere playing front lawn football and doing nerfwars all summer when I was driving around.

Not, not really, just shows that the older generation can't conceive of new ways of interacting socially and they really are dying out.

damn
where can i get more GymNazz

This thread sucks ass. Real talk time. What would you expect to see from a modern day reboot from Ed Edd N Eddy? Would you see it to stick with the same formula or would you see it doing something differently?

>filename

Shut up, it doesn't need one and hopefully it will never get one.

I struggle to see why it would warrant a reboot, the concept was so spent by the end of the original that the last season was already all over the place. There isn't a whole lot left for a reboot to do.

But if I absolutely had to, then there might be sense in letting go of the timeless setting and accepting some modern elements. The original was kind of a reflection of the creator's childhood so fuck it lets go with the childhood of a person who might make it today.
They use computers now, but not smartphones. Ed makes references to functional Internet shit alongside comics and movies. Eddy tried Internet scams once and is now banned from the family computer. Sparing use of updated elements will help give new ground for plots without losing the heart of the original.

>It doesn't need one
Exactly my thoughts, it's already good

nice quads.

I don't have a problem with it per say, but sometimes seeing stuff like that shoved into shows is distracting.
People say "Oh, We Bare Bears does modern technology in cartoons the right way," but I can't really agree with that. Just because they only casually mention them doesn't mean it's not gonna look severely dated in a few years. Not that that's bad, but it sucks when things are only remembered for how "of the times" they were.

>hey sis wanna watch a movie
>sure
>i let her pick out the movie
>we watch
>she intermittently plays with her phone until the end of the movie

Yeah it really sucks to watch an old show and see them use electric lights. It really dates the whole thing.

Shit, I'm 26 and I do this. Do you know how boring movies and tv is when you're not engaged in it? Books even, too. There's stuff that catches you immediately and there are things that don't--boring stuff is boring. But additionally there's just a level of interaction that isn't present in these old forms of media.

I want an expanded universe

>kevins voice

user no

Why the fuck reboot anything?! No, for real thou. Everything is a reboot now. Are the major networks so bankrupt that they cannot afford to try new ideas?!

>there are people who want a reboot
>after the last 3 fucking failed attempts

Lets face it, it would most likely be horrendous, and given that it was CN's longest running show for a long time, was super popular and well loved, it would be next on the reboot chopping block if Danny didn't own the rights to the show

be fucking thankful we will never have a reboot

Though I would love a spiritual successor set in the same universe with at most small appearances in the backround by EEnE characters

Cuz they didn't exist

How about a melancholy TV special that explores what happened to the kids, and their eventual (and accidental) reunion.

that's when you stop the movie and find something else to watch

I hate this the most. Anyone that does this should really see themselves looking like the cunts they really are.

A new writer insert character for one of the original characters to fall in love with.

holy shit

never reboot, it defeats the purpose of the finale
Captcha: STOP Free.

>The only type of kids that still go outside are black hood rats so they can harass and mug pedestrians.
please just stop teaching and go make sandwiches or something

you should not be around children, i don't care if you are qualified

However the only smart thing to do is remaster the first two season like Goof Troop did, seeing cel animation in crisp clear quality would be amazing.

>The Game Boy (Japanese: ゲームボーイ Hepburn: Gēmu Bōi) is an 8-bit handheld video game device which was developed and manufactured by Nintendo and first released in Japan on April 21, 1989, in North America on July 31, 1989 and in Europe on September 28, 1990.

Handheld shit is literally older than the people complaining about kids having handheld shit.

That's not what they're complaining about. It's the inane shit they'll look at for large chunks of time.

>the older generation is dying out
Really? How did you come to such a shocking conclusion? What next, are you going to tell me that water is wet?

that's only in america, things are very different in canada

the way they dressed felt fairly modern to the early 2000s. I guess there was the shag carpets and lava lamps, but I felt those were just ways to make eddy seem more sleazy

dragonball has always had flying cars and Jetsons-esque capsule technology, why would smartphones bother you?

that's stupid, of course if they were in a current generation they'd still be trying to find ways to make money, but instead it'd probably revolve around them trying to get "youtube" (or whatever the equivalent) famous
>watch our new WACKY PRANK CHANNEL where we THROW PIES AT EVERYONE
>how to make $300 in 7 days, step 1: send us 300 bucks and we'll let you know what happens!
>10 SHOCKING THINGS ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT, WANNA SEE IT? (cue outline or poorly blurred image of squirrel or something regular) for a mere 50 BUCKS you could see what the government DOESNT WANT YOU TO KNOW!
>Welcome to our new UNDERGROUND REBELLION CHANNEL send us money as we TAKE OVER THE GOVERNMENT
>throws pie in the face of some guy in a suit
>WELCOME TO EDSTREME SPORTS!
>recording of them playing soccer, but with a rock
>wanna know how to play? for a mere small cash amount you too can become a star of this HOT NEW GAME!
>WATCH OUR COOKING CHANNEL AS WE MAKE FRESH NEW EXTREME FOODS
>cue footage of ed mixing pot with what looks like living things inside it
>JUST PAY US AND WE'LL SEND YOU THE INGREDIENTS BAAAABY
>and now, our new political talkback show
>cue edd talking for a minute or so on the current state of politics in the neighbourhood
>gets hit in the face with a pit
the possibilities are endless

No it doesn't.

Every fucking e-cartoon/comic tried to make a joke/tried to reflect on this.

I'm getting real fucking bored of it now.

>unironically watching dbs