According to Steve Hassan, a licensed mental health counselor and leading American cult expert...

>According to Steve Hassan, a licensed mental health counselor and leading American cult expert, "Partly what's going on with the people on the Internet who are indoctrinated, they spend lots of hours on the computer. Videos can have them up all night for several nights in a row."
>"Molyneux knows how to talk like he knows what he's talking about—despite very, very little academic research. He cites this and cites that, and presents it as the whole truth. It dismantles people's sense of self and replaces it with his sense of confidence about how to fix the world."

I've just started listening to this guy but should I stop before I go in too deep? I don't want to join a cult.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CM_--di7L8
jns.org/latest-articles/2012/9/3/as-cult-leader-passes-on-jewish-survivor-fights-for-others-f.html#.WBTaetm9Kc0
freedomofmind.com/Media/pressKit/pressRelease/kabbalahCtr.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You need look at his citation,as well as the counter too his shit,and then make an informed.decision.

Just listen and fact check anything that seems off or worthy of repeating.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

He's kind of an asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=8CM_--di7L8

>letting someone named Hassan influence your opinion on a right-wing figure

kys

>hassan
stopped reading there

Make your own mind up. Steffan is enjoyable with a pinch of salt.

He does indeed use sources to verify he claims. This is already far more than what most people do. He is good at desconstructing narratives but there is little counter deconstrunction of his own sources. This is were his own personal thoughts and opinions tend to shine through. He also tends to be a bit manipulative with his audience members who call in. However, this doesn't necessarily invalidate what he claims to be truth.

His topics on r/K Selection theory is probably his most interesting thing to watch.

He used to have creepy call in shows where he'd talk people into hating their parents and convince them that they had to abandon them (deFOOing) usually by telling them how bad being spanked is, and if they weren't spanked he'd start scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to call them evil over like yelling at a cat or not being an atheist.

The idea being that the world will only improve (become anarcho-capitalist) through culture changing, and to change culture you need to shame people for being bad (not an ancap).

Although he seems to have dropped all that shit and become a generic alt-right youtuber, probably since he realizes there's more money in finding new groups to suck up to (MRAs, reactionaries, Trump fans) than being an obvious creepy cult leader like he was about 5 years ago.

If you agree with anyone 100% then you're going to be vulnerable to anyone with charisma, regardless of if they're a cult leader or not. No human is perfect.

his older stuff does seem quite cultish, but his trump/blm/freespeech stuff seems to be pretty good

>his latest video
top kek

Some of his stuff is pretty wacky but his race politics are pretty dead on accurate

>He does indeed use sources to verify he claims
His own sources disregard Molymeme though. For example he used some guy's studies about the human brain to defend the white race's superiority and I don't know how that guy realized about Molymeme's videos and respond how he purposely misquoted his texts

It's fucking YouTube man. Remember when no one took YouTube seriously? I do.

>Molyneux knows how to talk like he knows what he's talking about—despite very, very little academic research.

Well poisoning tactic.

Notice how there is no example of this. It also presumes that Stef would not take counter-evidence and accept it.

The reason people like him is because he does far, FAR more research than the average news reporter.

Not an argument.

What annoys me about these political e-celebrities is that they almost never invite anyone with opposing views to their shows, only yes-men.

I watched his WW3 video recently and he does post sources in the video description.

He's a tool.

I noticed this in the Paul Joseph Watson discussion where Paul literally started every sentence after Peter spoke with "Precisely".

>Peter

Stefan, fuck.

I dont know about his other videos but his one about russia recently was questionable
Both in terms of facts and understanding of the situation in russia he was making assumptions liberally

r/K selection theory has been debunked since the 1990s after a series of empirical studies found it doesn't hold up to scrutiny

>(((academic research)))

he is a "philosopher", so take what he says with a grain of salt whether you agree or not. he is sharing his opinions, which he presents as truth because it is to him. people just dont understand what having a spine is like because he doesnt trip over himself and apologize for not being exact.

kek what a bag of little white goyim cocks this guy is.

It's too bad I like his new videos too.

Read that on Huffpost didja?

Race being anything other than a social construct has also been 'proven'

What is Steve Hassan's political stance?

I watch his videos all the time and recently saw his whole cult controversy with the defooing and all.

Saw a few videos by people who have defected from him and they just strike me as weak minded people. Some people are more likely to allow someone to shape their reality for them rather than finding information on their own, this is why religions have been so successful and persuasive people with a good enough medium kind of know how to take advantage of this.

I try to understand the world and happenings on my own, I like to watch Molyneux's videos because he provides good perspectives and he is entertaining in the presentations he puts together, but I do not look to him as if he's some leader. Don't allow anyone to control your mind, take ideas and analyze them, use them or discard them, but allow your mind to be your own.

>jns.org/latest-articles/2012/9/3/as-cult-leader-passes-on-jewish-survivor-fights-for-others-f.html#.WBTaetm9Kc0
Steven (((Hassan)))

Fuck off stupid hick

Steffan is extreme right, I usually listen to what he says then I do my own research cause ive caught him a couple times bullshiting or taking things out of context.

but this is what you should always do, get the opinion of both sides then create your own.

Guess Molyneux is bringing too much attention to race realism, huh? He's pretty small time as a whole but he is sapping the foundation of the modern leftist victim narrative. Will Hassan criticize actual nonsense in the media or academia? Or is he going to go after a small fry on the internet? I wonder why he chose this target?

What the fuck is a cult anyway?

He doesn't have a Jamestown setup, he doesn't meet with people in person.

Are Pewdiepie viewers in a cult?
If I watch Sargon videos am I in a cult?

He doesn't make anyone leave there family merely points out aspects of their relationships which are harmful to their mental health and well being.

The world is crying out for more creepy cult leaders! Molyjew could be the next Jim Jones, or Charles Manson.

I'd bet my life this is 100% due to his videos on ethnicity, genetics, IQ, etc. Stefan is powerless and tame. He can be a bit over the top but in a world with so much bull shit, he's really not realistically worth attacking unless you are afraid of the genetic arguments about IQ taking hold. Stefan is dangerous to the narrative class because he is presenting a more palatable version of alt right arguments, basically without the neo nazi stuff.

Sounds plausible well said

Yeah he said that in the video with Vox Day I believe it was? He said I know this is not used anymore but it's a good lense of looking at the voters in this election.

I love his new vids on IQ. It's a subject that is so taboo to bring up to most people... really is a sad state of affairs that it is that way. People would try to construe it as some racial superiority bit, but in actuality whites are in the upper middle in average IQ.

The theory really makes sense in relation to what type of civilization you have.

He has a tiered donation style.

However it can be argued to be more of a reward system.

Arguing against it means arguing against Kickstarter and GoFundMe.

hello

Every fucking time Sup Forums

freedomofmind.com/Media/pressKit/pressRelease/kabbalahCtr.php

This is why I support what he does even if I don't totally agree with everything he says. He's doing a service to the western world by bringing attention to human biodiversity in such a way that it isn't so easily hand waved as white supremacy.

A good example of him being a little sophistic arguing for it is when he compares the IQ average of Ashkenazi Jews to the entire white race's average. Ashkenazi Jews are an ethnicity, so comparing one ethnicity to an entire race is actually somewhat misleading. But I know he does it to keep people from calling him a neo nazi, so I understand why he does it. So yeah, he isn't always totally above board but in a world where our narratives are endangering the west I'm totally fine with those kinds of tactics.

Source on the guy saying Molymeme misquoted his texts? Was it Flynn? He was on Molymeme's show a few time to talk about IQ

Took long enough

I can't find these studies.

I'd bet it was someone like that at least. Academics who study that shit are pandering cowards who will do anything to appease the narrative, fuck the truth. It's all about reputation.

Did Hassan complain about the state of science when James Watson got fucked over for discussing such things openly? I'm sure he stood up for the honest pursuit of truth when that happened.

I take very little of what these hacks say seriously. They aren't consistent in their words and behavior.

>all these anti-western shills and non-arguments in this thread

Sefan makes great research videos, like about eli rogers, or mike brown, etc.

His philosopical/political rants, though, are frequently childish and forced

Sup Forums may be the first decentralized, leaderless cult in history. And, since we do everything bassackwards, we were a cult before we even hat a diety or a prophet. Kek and Pepe (pbuh) as his incarnation are very recent developments.

Well, there's no real pressure to stay

I just like this place bros

He's not just an asshole. He vastly overrates his own intelligence. That's not to say he's stupid - he isn't. But he makes fairly basic points and usually spends a few minutes blowing himself to get there. He has a bad habit of enjoying posturing and self aggrandizement over what are basically babby's first philosophy points.

What does Sup Forums think of Vox Day? Have you read his fiction and non fiction?

I agree, I think his philosophy shit is the worst part about his work. He's much better as an analyst without trying to be a philosopher. Philosophy right now is dog shit. Academia is self-referential, ossified, conceited, and dismissive. He'd do way better if he let those spoiled idiots have their little titles all to themselves just like they want. As long as he clings to this idea that he is a philosopher they will attack him for edging in on their special space.

All red pilled people are slandered, stop being a cuck

>he thinks that he isn't here forever

A lot of contrarians post here who hate everyone, including him. I like him myself tough. And a lot of Sup Forums seems mostly unaware of who he is. He's not a very public figure and his speaking ability is pretty bad so I'm not surprised.

Also, fuck fiction. I find reading fiction to be a waste of time and energy.

>all this projection

No pressure to stay but there no way to leave either

>find reading fiction to be a waste of time and energy.
>he doesn't understand art

I never got into Molyneux. Something rubs me the wrong way about him. Not sure what it is.

I'm a Varg man myself.

But he's the next Aristotle, or so he says.

Just not into reading someone else's imagination. It is a bizarre concept.

>Libertarians

He does make pretty terrifying faces.

>a licensed mental health counselor and leading American cult expert

>Aristotle
He's going to set the foundation for science and philosophy for the next 1000 years

I like the guy

I don't think hes in a cult or anything, I mean he does cite his sources and makes 99% of his arguments based off of facts and evidence. Sometimes he goes off on emotional rants about things, but overall I like the guy.

He understands the importance of traditional values, he understands State expansionism is cancer, deconstructs leftist/statist/marxist/neo-con narritives. Even some of his own when he finds new information on a subject.

Smart good guy overall

But he is Jewish (Mom was), so don't take anything he says seriously unless he has facts to back it up, ok?

based stefan will save us all

>if you don't conform to our school/university ((((((((((((research))))))))))) your """"""""""""facts"""""""""""" are invalid, goy!

>whenever someone criticizes someone else, they're projecting

I thought the projection meme was dead.

This.

Their trick is amazing. Threaten to destroy the career of anyone who studies race/ethnicity, and IQ unless they do so for the express purpose of disproving a link between them, such as Flynn, and then claim the lack of evidence for it is evidence of absence because none has been found (due to fact such finding would destroy anyone who found such evidence) and attack anyone who says otherwise.

I've listened to Stefan since he was recording himself in his car on the way to work.

I've listened to him remind me i should be paying for his content through donations probably over a million times.

I still disagree with a lot of what he says.

If you aren't a dullard you won't be brainwashed

who needs college when you have Wikileaks

Maybe. Or maybe he's slowly leading us all to Jonestown.

Sometimes his facts are bs

we can call it Molyneux York

The left will always try to pathologize dissent.

>listening to le I hate physics man

No it isnt you fucking imbecile

All culture and science was created from imagination

I prefer Molywood.

Molyneux is the stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like.

As says, he's not exactly stupid himself, but the only points he makes are things that any moderately intelligent person knows already, dressed up in faux-intellectual speak for people who aren't all that intelligent.

And he is an asshole - the kind of asshole who desperately needs someone to acknowledge his genius so he can condescend to them.

>projects
>denies

Every time

He literally convince a caller to abandon his countrymen because they disagree on an intellectual level, anyone who's has that much arrogance has overplayed his interpretation more so than the information at hand. As if a historian is going to tell me how patriotism and geneticism works.

watch the rubin report

>He cites this and cites that, and presents it as the whole truth
Yeah man, showing evidence to support your arguments is insane and cultish behavior.

Says the nigger in a country no one knows or cares about

>r/K Selection theory
Taking two different species of mammals and using their survival instincts as examples in comparing two different personalities of humans is shitty reasoning.

you say that until the withdrawal symptoms kick in

then you'll go back to injecting memes straight into your eyelids

My uncle fell for the leave your family meme and no longer talks to us nor my grandmother. He is a gay anarchist who invests in precious metals and believes in the austrian method of banking.

only racists use facts to back up their arguments.

Nod an argumend :DD

When you have an actual argument that doesn't make you sound like a little bitch who doesn't accept the fact that his idol is full of it, try again white boy.

He is completely and utterly dishonest, makes fallacy after fallacy.

Also hes a vlogger who said scientists should 'get a real job'

Also he used to be Libertarian but now is all Alt Right vote Trump because hes a band wagon jumping hack.

He doesn't give a shit about freedom, just Youtube hits.

... "Shekelberg shrieked as he furiously typed away on his Macbook"

at most learn the Non Aggression Principle and you win, do something else.

dont hit your kids, dont beat yourself up for failures, dont beat up others for their failings. seek to understand and resolve them with productive solutions.

thats about it. i subbed to him years ago to figure out what Libertarians were about. Figured it out and havent watched him in years.

dont hurt people and respect others as you respect yourself.