Disney DTV Sequels

Was it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyO44U2BQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=87xYGDR_eME
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who said it was bad?

It wasn't bad, but it was definitely not as good as the first one. There were far worse DTV Disney movies.

My name is Jafar
I came from afar
I have a bomb in my car
Allah akbar

I prefer the third one because I want to fuck Aladdin's dad

Also the Mulan sequel is the worst one, then Pocahontas.

It was just ok.
Aladdin 3 was good.

A few select ones were good, but with worse animation.

A close runner up would be the Hunchback one.

I Simply can't consider those things Canon. How in the world is Jafar more powerful than a Genie who literally spent years learning his magic?

After being set free, THE Genie lost at least half of his powers.

Here, have some quality headcanon.

Only the animation and the liar revealed plot being used again.

Jafar's wish was specifically to become a genie stronger than the genie.

Some of them were godawful, but others were pretty good. Lion King 1 1/2 was top-tier and Cinderella 3 was surprisingly decent.

>I wish to be an all-powerful genie
Notice that he did not say "The most powerful genie".
Why?

It was alright. Animation was either good or awful.

The rest of disney sequels besides lion king 2 are trash though

>forgetting Cinderella 3

Not really. I actually prefer it over King of Thieves, if not mostly for Iago's redemption and more Jafar. I also thought Abis Mal was fun.

His wish was "all powerful Genie." Also, I think they mention in the show that Genie's power was halved when set free, which explained why he jobbed all the time.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyO44U2BQ4

I never liked Return of Jafar, but growing up King of Thieves was the tape second most likely to be in my VHS player behind only The Lion King.
How many other Disney movies make Robocop references?
youtube.com/watch?v=87xYGDR_eME

I personally enjoyed Bambi 2

>Why?
It's not even a headcanon as that user said. The writers had Genie say his powers are reduced ever since he's free. It's repeated in the TV show as well all the time.

The reason is not hard to guess. If you have an all powerful being on the heroes side that's not handicapped by being able to use his magic for the benefit of others only if it's to fulfill a wish then there would literally be no conflict whatsoever, unless you're dealing with beings as powerful as it or more (That Chaos god talking cat, another genie, etc).

Is Cinderella 3 actually good? I heard someone say it was actually good, but I don't know if I trust them on that.

It's the best Out of them all. It pokes fun at the 1st movie

Just what is Cinderella 3, and 2 for a matter of fact, about? Out of all the Disney movies, Cinderella always struck me as having the least amount of material to work with to make additional movies alongside Snow White.

Cinderella 2 was a movie filled with stories revolving around the characters from the first movie set after Cinderella and the prince had been married. If I recall correctly, there was a story about Cinderella learning about her new queenly duties, one about Jaque trying to stay relevant with Cinderella, a story about one of the ugly stepsisters making the move on a chunky baker-boi, and possibly one about the prince. It was not very good and watched like a shitty "Tales of Basing Se." It was really bad. My younger sister got it for a birthday when she was in preschool and myself in elementary school.

On the other hand, Cinderella 3 is actually a good movie. It presents a story set shortly after the first movie in which Lady Tremaine finds the Fairy Godmother's wand and uses it to create an altered timeline in which Cinderella never becomes a princess. Firstly, the story is fun to watch and Lady Tremaine as a magic-user is neat. Secondly, the characterization is top-notch compared to the original Cinderella offering further characterization to Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, the prince, the king, Jacque and Gus-Gus, and, most importantly, Cinderella in having her be more than just a one-dimensional princess. It is a 10/10 as far as direct-to-TV sequels, are concerned.

I typed a lot more than I expected, but I would suggest giving Cinderella 3 a watch.

It's a movie that has no right to be as good as it is

The movie was pretty much a 3-parter to set up the show and did so well with a great cast, minus Robin Williams. And I'm a sucker for redemption arcs so Iago became my favorite character. Someone that's a good guy but manages to be a sneak and bad influence was interesting.

Speaking of the show, I really wanted to fuck Iago's gf.

I remember jasmine punching like 2 guys in that movie. I wanted more jasmine punching, but i was satisfied

Generally, Disney sequels are considered as awful abomination because they are worse than originals, but that's not entirely true, those movies are good compared to nondisney productions
General opinion formed because originals are on so high peak that just a little bit slide down caused avalanche

Actually a fair assessment. God, I still remember cringing as a kid at the various bootleg versions of whatever Disney movie was released that year on store shelves (Target and Walmart come immediately to mind)

Yes.