This is a shitty written character

He's just some Mary Sue who came out of nowhere and suddenly he's going to be the best hero in the MCU. They couldn't even give him a fucking origin. What's his motivation? How the fuck does getting bit by a spider give you spider powers? Did Marvel Studios just run out of ideas for characters?

Sup Forums will insist you're trolling, but you're correct.

Also where are his parents? What happened to his uncle? There are just too many holes in Spider Man for him to be a compelling character.

He's awesome and also friend of Iron Man, that's all sadly

Admittedly, the fact that Tony just brings him out of nowhere into the airport fight was contrived, in his own film, he pretty much lost every fight he was in, including the final battle. He got his ass kicked.

>He's just some Mary Sue

He's not a Mary Sue just bland.

A mary sue got no flaws or they flaws blatantly ignored by the universe around it. Also they get multiple talents/skills without development for the sake of being especial.

Ex: Bella Swan
>turn instantly popular
>multiple handsome boys love her with little intereaction even though she's described as average looking by the author
>called smart for doing nothing
>get mutiple abilities out of nowhere

You're right OP. This is why I was opposed to doing Spider-Kid again. Because they had an opportunity to age Peter up, free him from that time in his life and with that, flesh out where he's been this entire time...

With flashbacks. They didn't even have to do an origin. Just do flashback scenes showing Osborn killing Gwen and explaining after that, Peter pseudo-retires. He does it in the comics all the time. He wasn't around during the other events in the MCU simply because he's not being Spider-Man 24/7 and focusing on things like a PhD in Chemistry and the job at the Daily Bugle.

But nope, Disney-Marvel thinks only in terms of branding and selling derivative merch not even bothering to make a good movie that makes sense in the first place.

And the crazy stupid thing is Peter's parents were LITERAL AGENTS OF SHIELD in the comics. They could have easily incorporated that into the MCU but again..... NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOPE. Everyone's a fucking retard.

I dropped the MCU altogether for this. I just can't condone Marvel's self-sabotaging bullshit anymore. Part of getting Spider-Man's rights back is also about getting all the other rights to other stuff back and using that. Like how Osborne is general Marvel villain in the comics, he doesn't just stick to fighting Spider-Man. They could do that now too.

The MCU's lost it's way and it's obvious they're just making the 90s mistakes over again.

>gets the shit kicked out of him in every fight and struggles tooth and nail to beat the bad guy at the end and only doesnt get killed because the villain isnt that bad and doesnt want to kill anyone
>Mary Sue

still a shitty character who doesn't belong in the MCU

This spider guy is lame, they should've made a character with giraffe powers, like he can stretch his neck really long. Then in Infinity War he defeats Thanos by stretching him to the end of the universe and dropping him off the edge with his neck.

>succeeds at literally everything he attempts with no consequences for his actions

With great power comes do whatever the fuck you feel like, it'll all work out anyway.

I thought it was great, he thought he was ready to be an Avenger but nobody believed in him, but then when they are finally convinced that he's ready, he realizes that it's not his calling. Not how I thought it would end at all

dare I say it was.... the kino

So it was great because the plot was a giant cliche?

wow it's like every other hero

>They couldn't even give him a fucking origin
>wanting another reboot with the same origin story as the other films

They should have Uncle Ben get shot in a massive gunfight with gangsters, with a 6 minute sequence of Ben just blasting motherfuckers left and right, then he gets clipped like right through the body, and the gangsters think they've bested them, but Ben reveals a bomb strapped under his shirt, quips "See you in hell motherfucker," and then explodes and dies in a blaze of glory

This was good for making the movie money (inb4 internet film economists explain how it was actually a failure that lost money) but will cause it to age terribly.

Go to bed Michael Bay.

There's only room for one giraffe-based superpower.

Again, it's even a full origin movie that's required. A simple flashback or two could have worked. Also since the MCU offers a bigger cast of characters and world, things could have been incorporated retroactively.

Like in Ultimate Spider-Man when Peter is facing Osborne for one of the first times, SHIELD is there giving him back up. They could have easily done that scene, set in the past around the time of IM1 and have Coulson and Fury trying to help Peter tackle Osborne.

Manletman is a poor excuse to build a universe around.

It's not a true failure. The foreign box office has saved it partially and for that Sony can thank Manletman but the amount of back end they had to give RDJ for his few scenes probably negates that other than for the sequel (assuming it's manlet-free, and is therefore less expensive overall, and does at least comparable business).

What's going to kill Sony is that they have to share some of this box office with Marvel/Disney BUT it doesn't really help them with their Spider-Verse Universe without Manlet Junior around to job to the Sinister Six AND it also doesn't help in that the movie barely made a teeny bit more than TAMS/TAMS2.

Why do we keep getting rehashes of the same fucking period in Spiderman's story? Isn't every one tired of hearing it? There is so much other material to work with and all they're doing is trying to reinvent the same shit like of they've run out of ideas. The new venom trailer even got this treatment, and he's never even had a dedicated movie! I mean ffs there are never been used symbiotes like hybrid and toxin for example that can be adapted faithfully since they aren't overexposed.

Spider-man is like the proto Reluctant Hero.

You have the original batch of heroes like Superman, Captain America, etc, who were assertive and reached out to become heroes because they WANTED to. Cap and WW even had to overcome obstacles in order to even prove they were worthy to fight, Superman and Batman had regularly pick between their lives as normal men and heroes.

Then Reluctant Heroes came into vogue. Heroes that don't believe in themselves/don't have a motivation/need to find themselves, and that self-discovery conveniently aligns itself with the adventure at hand. This is the story people prefer to tell today.

Peter Parker is the embodiment of it. In his original comics, Peter didn't want to be a hero at all, he wanted to make $$$ and be popular. His first appearance literally featured him breaking into the Fantastic Four tower and beating them all up in order to prove how awesome he was. He called it a job interview, and when they were like "Wow, kid, you're great! You can join us!" he asked how much they paid, and when they said they didn't paid anything, he left. Like he was an asshole.

I kind of forgot the point of this rant so I'm going to stop now and just post it I guess.

Contrived? Tony has this gigantic meltdown over one kid dying because of a city falling, and his solution is to bring another kid to an airport battle when really, he didn't need the extra help.

It wasn't contrived, it was downright stupid and felt completely out of place. One of the reasons why I think Civil War was such a terrible movie.

>And the crazy stupid thing is Peter's parents were LITERAL AGENTS OF SHIELD in the comics
But they weren't though...

Another kid that's strong enough to survive getting slammed in between a speeding car and a bus

And Homecoming was completely about Pete wanting to be an Avenger and not for the money. Peter's motivations are all over the place, but trying to not be poor was an unfortunate omission.