What does Sup Forums think of Moomin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yWzEUPsa3K0
youtube.com/watch?v=WVsYdwEYGAM
youtube.com/watch?v=aVQlJDtzUbo
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb6tu1IStQA
youtube.com/watch?v=3WXEmjxiVZo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Moomin is NOT for sexual, you sick degenerate. Get the fuck off my property.

Not even Snorkmaiden?

>budding

So that's how they do it.

This was also my first thought.

Moomin is top tier anime m8

more liek boobin

Aiight, now give the faces tits.
And give those tits faces.

Finns don't produce a lot of stuff, but when they do, it's godly

Moomin thread on Sup Forums. I hope this lives. I love it!

Moomin thread? Don't mind if I do.

It's not a fucking anime.

Especially Snorkmaiden

i had a friend who introduced me to mooms been into it ever since its a cozy ass show thats for sure

This film missed the point of Moomins so hard and just made Snorkmaiden (who's already the worst) irredeemable. Do the French know nothing of comfy? This is my only explanation.

I watched the whole old animated series and was sad as fuck when i ran out of episodes.

I tried watching that comet movie where everything was animated with paper and shit, and it was too different from the cartoon for me to enjoy. Also it had that awful ogddamn Bjork song in the intro that kind of killed the movie right away.

Does Snork ever succeed in making a flying machine thats not shit?

Comet was really great. You should give it another shot

I hope you read the novels and comics.

I think we just have to accept that nobody's going to be able to do Moomin papa true to his original character.

Wtf Tove! that's a little dark.

He reminds me of Gomez Addams somewhat.

>I tried watching that comet movie where everything was animated with paper and shit, and it was too different from the cartoon for me to enjoy. Also it had that awful ogddamn Bjork song
What?

Did you watch the wrong movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=yWzEUPsa3K0

Maiden is right there in her name, she is pure and not for sexual

I like it

mostly just mad that they have mouths

>did you watch the wrong movie

I think I did. This is the horrible one I saw.
youtube.com/watch?v=WVsYdwEYGAM

And it opens with this fucking horrible Bjork song.
youtube.com/watch?v=aVQlJDtzUbo

well said

This movie was great but a little to random in parts.

>Horibble
Its great and that animation was quite a trear when it appeared in tv pack in 90...

ebig :DDDDDDDDDD

Get out.

>hurr it's anime because the technical animation was done in Japan, even though the idea, characters, development, plot, script and production all came from Europe
So Steven Universe, Avatar: the last airbender etc are Korean cartoons, by that same criteria?

Of course.

That you could've choose a different picture to start this.

What is wrong with Moominmamma?

Stop motion series dates back to the '80s.

The books can get just as random.

That Björk song was only two minutes.

They had mouths in all the cartoons.

i love moomin thank you for asking.

Moomin is ideal with every season.

She already belongs with the Moomin Troll.

really wish Discotek would grab the license and release a full series set for the Japanese version with English subtitles

>japanese version
Why? wouldn't the finnish or possibly swedish version be closer to how it should be? Jansson was a swedish-speaking finn after all, and wrote the scripts (or maybe it was her brother, but Jansson at least wrote the original books and comics, a lot of the dialogue is from her)
It's not a japanese creation at all, so imo it's not the "original" language, they don't even pronounce the names right and fucked the spirit of moomin up completely the first time they tried to animate it

I've done it
I ain't proud but I've done it

I concur.

>Moomin, start the reactor. Free Mars.

This movie was rather accurate to the original material.
They did remove the part where moomins looked for drugs though.

Also, post your favorite music from the cartoon/anime/whatever you like to call it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb6tu1IStQA

How far did you get?
One is, ok-ish, but it gets blown up while a fuel merchant tries to prove that his fuel works on that thing.
The next one which is more like a gas balloon with engines does work.

Well the thing is that the Finnish original version was missing three episodes which the local censors thought back in the days of being too extreme for kids (yet they allowed us to be traumatized by Groke and that ONE FUCKING VAMPIRE EPISODE!).
Anyways, there's a new dub around that is going to include all episodes, also picture quality is apparently better since the original films got a bit exposed and darkened, causing Moomin to have a darker coloration in Finnish TV than on most other versions of the copy.

Jansson spoke and wrote her books in Swedish so I don't know that I'd consider her to be a Finn.

Why isn't that a Sup Forums banner?

Because.

She illustrated an early swedish language edition of the family friendly feelgood story Lord of the Rings. Here's Gollum.

>anime

>animation

We must go further

>Björk

Goddamnit, why does she have to ruin everything good in this world

Do people like, hate her work? I thought she was pretty good.

What is your second?

"Wait, no, never mind, everything is for sexual".

Anybody else find her kind of cute for a crazy single mom?

I love her disasters.

Except for underage.

E V E R Y T H I N G

The law says otherwise.

Only if you live in a shithole like Canada, otherwise lusting after underage 2D characters is a-ok.

Bretty gud.

YOUR property?? Where do you think we are?

I approve of this thread.

Nope

Post memes elsewhere.

Superior Scandi series steppin' up

I just find it odd they are still printing these stories.
Do they ever do reruns or is it always new content?
What's currently going on in it? Last time i read those comics was in mid to late 90s.

It's all new, mostly dealing with social issues for babies or occasionally fighting some evil warlock.

They've toned down on the violence too, I had an issue back in the day which ended with all four kids dying in a plane crash.

Speaking of those kids, have they grown up at all or are they perpetually children, like Bart and Lisa?

One developed autism but that's it. Do keep in mind that they started the series as a glint in Bamse's eye.

Wait what?
Like text book case of autism or something?
Was it the nerdy one that liked to read? I could see it being the other boy too, if on some high functioning scale of the spectrum.

No, the smallest one. Text book retardation, she's all messed up in the head and can't do anything. But that's OK, they love her anyway. Again, social issues.

And now the folks have internet too, i gather?
So, how did that one greedy mole, mouse, whatever turn that into a money making scheme?

>people keep mentioning theres going to be a new Moomin series
>never see any proofs

The only thing I heard of a new series was from that Indiegogo project

youtube.com/watch?v=3WXEmjxiVZo

Her being retarded is a fairly old story iirc, skalman found out after tutoring her or something, then made a teaching plan for her with those considerations.

I do think they've reprinted the one where skalman works on a drug plantation a couple of times, aswell as vargen's origin story, but only as backups.

Is that issue about checking your sources? The panel sure seems to set it up that way?

Not that guy, but yeah. It was an issue about Internet trolls and assorted things hoping to get kids to doubt people who claim the imigration policies of Sweden are faulty, and those who claim immigrants shouldn't be blindly trusted or expected to be benevolent. You can take Bamse away from Communism, but you will never take Communism away from Bamse.
I wanted to write a fanfic where Krösus makes mad dosh from some scheme, a magic fun-bringing contraption. Bamse is upset because it tramples on some people, makes others poor and denies the fun for some, so he fucks shit up and hands it out for free. Only to cause more problems as nobody wants to work any more.

the law?
I AM THE LAW

>MOOmin
>MUmin

I can't believe it took me 22 years to see this.

FPBP I came here to say this

People in Bamse work? I thought they were just hanging about being useless pieces of shit.

Didn't we change the policies recently because we straight up couldn't handle the pace at which immigrants were coming from an infrastructural standpoint? I remember hearing that there was some kind of shitshow about our policies resembling the rest of the EU on radio. I honestly don't keep up a lot with politics stuff, the most recent stuff I know of is probably the transportstyrelsen shit.

Why didnt they just kick Stinky out of Moomin Valley? Dude was a dick and tried to kill Moomin and his friends on multiple occasions.

TL;DR - Reinfeldt sold out the nation and secured himself a cozy job overseas. Everything terrible can be traced back directly to him, from immigration to having no army anymore.