Gunnerkrigg Court

>Testing begins.
gunnerkrigg.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OVJiKHjYqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how is she developing a crush on him already

how would she not be?

I think anyone would get flustered/embarrassed if you're getting stared down. Its not like shes getting wet from him creepily observing her like a science project.

Annie's not even as old as her mom is here and can light fires like it's nothing. Surma gets winded from burning a leaf. Surma sure does suck and also isn't good at lighting fires.

If we viewed this page without the foreknowledge of them eventually getting married, I don't think it'd seem like that blush was at all about desire.

Imagine you were displaying your one personal skill in front of someone else, and they were staring at you, expressionless but focused on you, the whole time. Regardless of their gender or what the skill is or the other details of the situation, the pressure and fear of embarrassment could color the cheeks of anyone without a massive amount of arrogance.

He's cute when he's not as uptight as usual, he's proving himself to be capable and responsible, and more toned than you'd expect under the oxford shirt and tie.
Multiply that by the factor of they're teenagers, alone, and in close proximity, and you have a hormone bomb ready.

Surma is putting in a lot more effort to light that leaf than Annie would have. Surma does learn how to fly at some point and Annie can't do that yet

This is what the court intended all along. THey did something to Anja's father o get Don off the trip and told Tony to study Surma.

she gonna set his crotch on fire or something

Hos ain't nothing but tricks and bitches

And then impregnate her. But what's their endgame?

jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

>Testing begins
Oh my!

But couldn't they have just done something to Don's father in that case?

Too direct.
Would have been more subtle to orchestrate Don to break a leg or something.

Annie, the miracle child

>Just holding a burning leaf in his hand
She at least knows how to control what it burns

Perfect.

lol thank you

>close you eyes
he's gonna put his dick in her mouth, right?

:thumbsup:

Friendly reminder that Tony was there to investigate her pregnancy before she was even filled up!

じーーーーーーーーーーーーーー…

He's hot, they're alone in the woods, they're getting along well after what potentially could have been a rocky start, he respected her willingness to work immediately after she showed she didn't want to be babied, also he's hot.

>the real instructions from the court are to test Surmas abilities

Have we been over this?

So while we're enjoying this nice lovey-dovey flashback story does anyone remember that Annie is currently suffering a psychotic breakdown

It's a better theory than them murdering somebody just so two teenagers can hook up.

I still think the death is purely coincidence but Tony had to get permission to have Surma take Donald's place, so they may be using the chance to test her as well.

Hot. But seriously it's just teenager angst issues 101

Isn't she always? She is being taught by the best after all.

>Tony, we need you to test Surma's abilities, but we're keeping it a secret
>Surma, can you burn this leaf? I want to test what you can do.

To be fair, Coyote is fucking with his mind. His breakdown after all this makes it clear this behavior isn't supposed to be normal for him either. That, or he's finally realizing the extent of his madness. Was, anyway.

>He keeps bringing her things to burn
youtube.com/watch?v=0OVJiKHjYqk

>Testing begins

"Okay now do it again, but do it naked, balanced on one leg."
"B-But Tony I don-AH!"
"DO IT."

Coyote's explicit fuckery aside, he clearly suffers from some deep-seated cognitive dissonance. In this very page he's furious that Annie "disrespects" Coyote... by agreeing with him.

> Testing Surma's ability to concentrate and use her abilities under duress
I see I see.

Agreeing with him that gods aren't special and rely on shitty silly little humans, which Ysengrin finds disrespectful. Agreeing with someone isn't inherently respectful, especially in the case where Ysengrin has too much respect for Coyote and thinks any lesser amount isn't enough.

Wasn't it the opposite, she basically agreeing with Ysengrin (and disagreeing with Coyote) though, saying that the theory (that "gods" rely on humans) was silly. it was more that she managed to deliver a "critical hit" right before noting Ysengrins tree armor is a human shape despite him hating humans and Ysengrin MISUNDERSTANDINGS it as a the kind of "looking down" he had just mentioned when coupled with Annies note that she does identify herself as human and how that might be a factor on her approaching of the theory, Annie was thinking about the theory, but she is clearly on the skeptic side of it.

TL;DR: She was on Ysengrins "side" but pointed out a flaw in his reasoning, giving him the impression she was mocking him, leading him to berserk.

That's how i read the situation anyway.

The opposite is what set him off. The idea is crushing for Ysengrin, so for annie to brush it off so easily and call it "funny" to someone a bit literal and very serious, it set him off, but see the next page where he's assuming that Annie agrees with Coyote. Annie, arrogant human, disrespectful to Coyote, finds his theory funny because she's able to.

she's literally a slut

Annie can already violate newton's law by ether-pushing herself. She just needs to up the power on that.

Has Annie even had a NEED to fly? even if she had to Kat would just make a flying machine, I think on the other hand, she pretty much had to do big displays of power because The Forest respects power.

People generally develop skills as they need them.

So it's safe to say that if annie can't fly today she'll be able tomorrow anyway?

Then the court now has
>flying flamethrower with remote object manipulation, astral projection, an all-cutting blade and a soul-stealing, magic-destroying familiar. Who also moonlights as grim reaper
>reality manipulator who can make bad shit happen to people if he starts using his power seriously
>buffed-up musclewizard with teleport spam
>walking warp bomb
>nascent machine god with fanatic robot cult following. TL note: organic being is just another way to spell machine
>some questionable experiments about extracting power from the very medium that keeps the world spinning
>a whole population of AIs
>computational mages

What's their endgame?