REPORT: Shazam Eyeing Cena, Sasse; Billy Batson Character Bio Revealed

cbr.com/shazam-cena-sasse-billy-batson-character-bio-description/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

>According to the report, Warner Bros. is eyeing WWE superstar John Cena and Galavant alum Joshua Sasse as frontrunners for the role of Shazam. As the report points out, Sasse isn’t as well known Cena, though he has appeared in television shows like No Tomorrow, Rogue and The Neighbors. Nevertheless, this would give Sasse the opportunity to truly define the role as a relative newcomer. On the other hand, Cena — who recently appeared in a comedic role for Amy Schumer’s Trainwreck and will star in the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee — brings with him an established fanbase that could become a potential audience for Shazam.

Well? Whaddaya say, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/36cLMYMrOTk
cbr.com/dwayne-johnson-not-in-shazam/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>WB split between two guys
>tfw even movie producers are torn between chanting for and against Cena

who's that kid under shazam?

so it'll be Cena vs The Rock.

>LITERALLY Super Cena

Real talk. Would people take the movie seriously (or as seriously as a Shazam movie can be taken) if the Rock and Cena were buff superheroes punching each other and shooting lighting out of their asses? Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome. But it could also hurt the movie.

MEME MAGIC WORKS!
PRAISE KEK!

I dunno, this guy looks cool (and I'd like him to play a cape character) but I can't see him as Shazam.

Cena at least has that man-child quality about him, like he's the badass guy that a poor kid like Billy would want to be.

Vince McMahon would have a goddamn super heart attack that would be felt for miles if Cena v. Rock made more money than Wrestlemania that year.

>BMJ is actually gonna be Shazam
That would be pretty cool actually.

It makes sense to me. I always pictured Cap, as a kid transformed in a flash of light into a superhero, as being built like a professional wrestler, or some other impossibly huge guy, because that's the sort of thing a kid would imagine.

Plus, I think Cena knows how not to take himself too seriously.

>BMJ is gonna do it again
>on the big screen

>mfw whiny fedora tippers are SEETHING with impotent rage

youtu.be/36cLMYMrOTk

Cena would be a terrible Shazam and Rock would be an even worse Black Adam.

I can't imagine anyone who know'sa fuckign thing about either of them wanting these two fucking fools playing either character. I'd honestly rather see them in the opposite roles (rock Marvel, cena Adam) and that would be just as fucking atrocious.

THRICE IN A LIFETIME

_donald

>That's right Superman! I am here because you can't do YOUR job!
Would mark.

he's super fucking charismatic too
I think he could become an A-list actor with the right part

He doesn't choose his transformation. Unless DC made it that way.

This.

Cena would be able to play the "Child in an adult's body" aspect of the character perfectly.

but user there you go.

CENA.
ROCK.
ONCE IN A LIFE TIME...AGAIN...FOR THE THIRD TIME...BUT NOW THEY ARE LITERAL SUPERHEROES.

>movie makes more money than the two Cena/Rock Wrestlemania's combined

Maybe they're trying to get the 80s back. Wouldn't mind it as long as they stay on the good side of camp

>John Cena as Shazam
>The Rock as Black Adam

Does this mean Rock vs Cena will finally become a trilogy?

And now we need Daniel Bryan to play Pip the Troll in a Thanos spin-off.

Yes, but now with literal superpowers.

Same I'd fucking mark so hard.

>Maybe they're trying to get the 80s back.
Neither of these wrestlers is from the 80s.

I care more about Captain Marvel than I do about a shitty trilogy in the post attitude era.

don't work yourself into a shoot brother

>I care more about Captain Marvel
Why are you posting about Carol in a DC thread, friendo?

>being a Johnsbitch

ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Well tough shit, Dwayne is already cast.

Based Johns living in your head rent free.

So funny dude.

shut up hogan. I'd rather see you vs lesnar. as etrigan vs old lobo

What does this mean, though?

cbr.com/dwayne-johnson-not-in-shazam/

Baron Corbin on suicide watch.

No he isn't. Unless you can sauce me on that claim.

Based BMJ ran Rocketty off the project after Baywatch failed to draw a single dime.

BARON COBIN IS CASHING IN HIS MONEY IN THE BANK

much love -hh

It's an easy search. Hell two posts above you has confirmation as well.

Confirmed as the voice of Mr. Mind.

HEY BILLY

SHUT UP

Find me a source user. That one you pointed to isn't one.

Does he have a golden shovel?

Captain Marvel is such an amazing idea I can't understand why it took this long for someone to make a movie about it.

It literally has Johns saying that while he's not showing up in Shazam, Dwayne Johnson will be in the Black Adam solo film. But here's a source for the original casting: hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008 First result on Google.

Cena would be better as Cable, Brandon Routh should be Captain Marvel

Routh already had too many superhero gigs, what's Tom Welling up to?

John stole Rock's push.

Which cape character could CM Punk play?

user, I'm very well aware of google and it's capabilities. But I'm sick of grimy fucks like you infesting the internet with your lazy bullshit. It's Usually some kinky fro-ed black chick on facebook saying such faggot shit. When you make a claim and it's contested, you prove it with a source. That's how that works.

And also the story you linked as well as the one it linked both fail to use the word "cast" and "contract" and "signed". because none of it was confirmed in any way shape or form.

I bet you think Magniello Deathstroke is in batman as well, right?

either or, having an old superman actor play Captain Marvel just works on so many levels.

Have Michael Rosenbaum be Sivana

>Thrice in a Lifetime

I... am okay with this.
John Cena can do the appropriate amount of cheese to be the Big Red Cheese, he has the body for it, and he's proven able to work with Dwayne "The Black" Adam.

Roman would make a better Shazam.

This would make me watch it and I don't even care about mandrama

The Rock is already taken seriously as an actor. There are people who don't even know he was a wrestler.

Look I'm really not trying to be a dick in saying this, I'd appreciate honesty but I don't expect it.

Do any of you above that are excited for this and are doing the trilogy meme actually know anything about Cap? Do you know a single thing about him? Or are you just pumped for the wrestling maymay to take place on screen?

These two would butcher both of these roles. It wouldn't even be a bastardized version. It would be worse than what Rock did to Hercules.

>not seeing raw last week when cena destroyed Roman

Randy Orton for Ibac WHEN?

Remind me again who retired the Undertaker? Cena? I can't remember.

Tom welling should play the sentry

BIG DOG

>THRICE IN A LIFETIME

>Remind me again who retired the Undertaker?

I think that's probably KNEES.

>Cena vs Rock in a battle of electric powers

Is this Kino?

The comic book and pro wrestling circles overlap a fair bit.

I haven't been watching much wrestling for some time, did The Shield split up or something?

this. my younger brother is 27 and he has a tendency to date younger chicks. his 20 year old girlfriend was confused as fuck when he mentioned the rock being a wrestler.

>Hey there Marvel! Heard you were making a Beta Ray Bill movie

>One year older than The Undertaker
>Still wrestling a regular schedule instead of appearing once or twice per year for the past decade
>Most watched wrestling match in North American history when he put his mask on the line
>Hot as fuck
Undercarder is an embarrassment.

>Cena as the Big Red Cheese
>Rocky as Black Adam

Alright, Sup Forums, let's fill out the cast and make a meme casting for the ages.

I'll toss in Daddario as Mary Marvel.

>El Santo movies remake with Wagner never

Yes, Seth Rollins betrayed them in behest of Triple H and got shot up to the top of the company, it sucked. Then he got injured.

Then WWE started pushing Roman non-stop as their top guy and it also sucked.

And Dean Ambrose was there sometimes too and he sucked the most of all of them.

GO JOHN CENA!!

CENA SUCKS

>Cena at least has that man-child quality about him, like he's the badass guy that a poor kid like Billy would want to be.

I think you're confusing Billy with Kevin/Prime from the Ultraverse

I can't believe they're making a fucking meme movie of a campy C-list hero who hasn't been relevant in decades. What's next, a LoSH movie?

The best thing about Cena being cast as SHAZAM is that every thread about the movie will be /asp/ lite and the SHAZAM fags will cry non-stop about it.

This. I'm actually really peeved that Sup Forums knows so little about Shazam. This thread is embarrassing.

As I said up the thread, Randall K Orton as IBAC.

>the SHAZAM fags
All three of them.

I meant the popularity of wrestlers

>The best thing about Cena being cast as SHAZAM is that every thread about the movie will be /asp/ lite and the SHAZAM fags will cry non-stop about it.

>the best thing about this Sup Forums movie is that it'll be something us Sup Forumsfags can use to piss off actual Sup Forums fans

ftfy

I don't know though user, I think I'd rather have a good movie than something for you leeches to meme about.

>anonetty already SEETHING
kek

Hilarious user. Tell me why you think they'd make a great Shazam movie other than your desire to shit up Sup Forums.

>Shazam's fighting style is now Billy imitating wrestling, Dragonbal Zl, and various other kid's entertainment.

Makes sense to me and could actually be pretty hype.

Shazam is a stupid juvenile concept. Doesn't fit with the dceu AT FUCKING ALL

And the fact that it's turning into fucking wwe bro-dude fest is terrible

Don't work yourself into a shoot, user.

>he's in literal tears

>same universe as a Joss Whedon approved Justice League movie
I wouldn't worry about it.

>Shazam is a stupid juvenile concept.
I agree with the rest of your post but why is it juvenile? Not even trying to fight or be aggressive. I legitimately want to know why you think this. Sincerely, do you find Superman or Wonder Woman less juvenile than Shazam?

A ten year turning into a grown man that has super powers but retains his child brain? Literally appealing to a child's "power fantasy"

the fact that its turning into a wwe bro-dude fest is the most compelling aspect of the movie

>but retains his child brain
Literally what I've been refuting ITT. I'm the Shazamfag they're being faggots about. He has the knowledge of Solomon. Correctly written he isn't a child in a man's body. He's just a man that reverts back to a child when he says the name.

You do realize each letter stands for a mythological being, right? Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury.

They should take a really talented kid actor to play Billy and have that kid act out all the action as Captain Marvel. They put a aged-up, roided-out version of that kid into the film entirely in post production.

Who would be a good choice of actor for...SABBAC!

Wow so shazam is even fucking stupider than I thought. Acquiring shazam and incorporating him into the dceu were both massive mistakes.