How is the new Wildstorm comic? I never read the old ones

How is the new Wildstorm comic? I never read the old ones.

It's good but there's quite a bit of referential stuff that gets you hype if you did read the old ones. For you it might be less hype.

Also, I have this... feeling, I guess? That we're not gonna see out our 24 issues or Deathblow/Zealot/WildC.A.T.S. miniseries. Ellis and JDH have already taken a 1 month break which I think is for artistic consistency and I approve, but - sales aren't great, it was fucking stupid to name the Deathblow mini Michael Cray, and Ellis doesn't have a good track record for stuff more than 6 or so issues in length.

Ellis is stupid, why aren't they doing a Gen13 series

>Gen 13
>In current times

Maybe we will get the 24 issues but in 2 or 3 years at least.

Because Gen13 sucks balls and was only good as fapbait.

They might do that spinoff eventually. Who knows?

Asian guy
Native american lesbian
Brown /tan girl
Super intelligent super strong woman
Background white guy

Teaming up to fight the oppression of the government.

>in current times

In universe the lid being blown of the 'secret world' happened yesterday. They're still setting up the players and the universe, Gen 13 will probably happen later down the line.

>Forgets the cheesecake and the fanservice

Cheesecake is still around m8.

for real?

wildbump

It reads very like CounterX from Marvel. Its very cinematic inspired. Feels a little more adult. But also stripped of things that made the book good or interesting.
His re-imaginary series would work if they were new property or elseworld comics. But misses the origin or the appeal it had.

And i was kinda dissapointed in the storytimes. It wasnt bad, but im happy i didnt had buyers remorse.

whatever you like is worse

that describes almost everything Ellis does

>whatever you like is worse
Ah yes, a retort worthy of a 10 year old. Epic, just epic.

Yeah, it feels like something HBO would pitch for a series.

I don't know because I want to believe in it but I've only read what I've got storytimed here and that's like 3 issues. Those were going slow too. In the interview with Ellis he was talking about Game of Thrones more than his own book and it feels like he's copying off that show too much, but since I don't watch it I don't know for sure. What I'm feeling is that it takes the same cinematic of it? Like some slow build up to something but it's not even interesting at all at that point.

I am willing to give the man a chan since Ellis did Planetary.

This here very much. Maybe thats why itfeels uninspired and very stretched storywise.

It is insane that your go-to example for this is Counter-X. It doesn't feel like Counter-X, it feels like Wildstorm. Counter-X felt like Wildstorm.

>In the interview with Ellis he was talking about Game of Thrones more than his own book and it feels like he's copying off that show too much, but since I don't watch it I don't know for sure.
Are you all fucking retards or something?

Is this samefaggotry?

Thats a good appproach. But sadly its a different like sun and moon.

Maybe that's what Lee told him to do. It's not like comics today are more like scripts for TV series or movies.

>I don't know because I want to believe in it but I've only read what I've got storytimed here and that's like 3 issues.
Every issue has been storytimed here.
>Those were going slow too.
I agree. The series starts off slow and unless you're into a slow/mystery pace it has a lot more appeal to someone who already knows Wildstorm and gets the references. For instance, Voodoo is updated perfectly but if you don't know Voodoo you probably don't give a shit about that and are like who's this Die Antwoord/Lady Gaga type bitch?
>In the interview with Ellis he was talking about Game of Thrones more than his own book and it feels like he's copying off that show too much, but since I don't watch it I don't know for sure.
I'm not even going to comment on how incredibly fucking stupid what you just typed is. But, do you know how many comics these days are described as like GoT? It's a marketing thing. Link to the interview anyway because I can't find it.
>What I'm feeling is that it takes the same cinematic of it? Like some slow build up to something but it's not even interesting at all at that point.
If it's not interesting to you, fair enough. But Warren Ellis basically started the super cinematic comic that led to e.g. Marvel's Ultimates so that is totally his thing. Shit does hit the fan after the first few issues of the current Wildstorm, and as a fan of the older stuff, Authority/Planetary etc I've found it really interesting.

The only real difference is that Planetary nailed single issues and TWS is content to develop a plot over several. I'd prefer the former too because Ellis writes a really tight one-shot generally but in terms of scope and build-up I don't think Planetary and TWS are too different. The gradual expansion of a conspiracy that puts the world on a galactic stage, and is controlled by people you do not want at all.

>what Lee told him to do
Stop being an idiot. That's like "What Johns told Rucka to do" on WW Rebirth.

The thing is, TWS feels very different from 90's Wildstorm.

Kind of intentionally? The whole idea is Wildstorm, but now. That's why I think this argument:
>His re-imaginary series would work if they were new property or elseworld comics. But misses the origin or the appeal it had.
For me, at least, doesn't hold up. This feels like a really on-point adaptation of Wildstorm to CURRENT YEAR over its 1990s base. I mentioned Voodoo in particular, that's a really great example of it.

Other characters don't blend as well - I would say Void and Deathblow aren't all that modernized - but Lord Emp and Miles Craven as techy 2010s C.E.O.s definitely are. Honestly it's sort of like The Wild Storm starts with the framework but not the resolution of the end of the previous Wildstorm/Stormwatch stuff, and it's introducing superpowers from there rather than going there from superpowers.

I do think it's not an attractive series for new readers because most of what I get out of it is definitely from being a fan of preceding Wildstorm stuff.

It's boring as sin.

Just go back wherever you came from that made you decide to get into bitching about comics rather than reading them. Or kill yourself, whatever's easier

eat a dick

Nah how about you you casual fuck? You don't know shit about shit and parrot retard opinions your see here. Can't even read a fucking storytime can you? You goddamn troglodyte.

So you admit you have no argument.