Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mOSzBJkPWRk
youtube.com/watch?v=n6GrHnOLb-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wjEmHi5rEFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Could Luffy take on Infernus?

Or become a goddamn bike?

Plas

Luffy is just an overrated Elongated Man.
>In before haki

Plastic Man

Luffy can't generate extreme cold and haki doesn't work against a character who's invincible to psychics for not having a tangible brain.

We've been over this
It depends on how you interpret Haki effecting Plastic Man's structure.

youtube.com/watch?v=mOSzBJkPWRk

>Blunt force
>Killing Plas

Plastic Man, since he's actually smart, not shonen protagonist smart.

Conquerors Haki lets him hurt anyone with brute force

Plastic man. He'd be a gag character in a manga, meaning Luffy would lose under silly circumstances.

Why it's always
>Superman vs Goku
or
>Plastic Man vs Luffy
Why?

One Piece is probably my favorite series out of anything but Plastic Man runs on toon physics. Toon physics ALWAYS win against non-toon physics.
The only characters that can beat Plastic Man are like, Popeye, Droopy, and old Daffy.

>punched a city in half
>overrated

Alright, how about this:
>Charlotte Cracker vs Doom Patrol

Discuss.

Haki.

He could definitely beat Plas or at least nullify him

>Charlotte crackers
who?
Also
>Doom Patrol
What iteration?

Luffy still has a big weakness that is ocean

negative man and mento > Cracker

Plas. Ruffy can't do anything about Plastic Man without making himself highly vunerable to his bullshit.

No it doesn't. Haoshoku only lets you mentally overpower someone and insta KO them. Only works against mooks. If you meant Busoshoku (Armament) then the only thing it does is make things "Harder" and affects Logias, maybe works slightly like sea-stones in nature but without weakening the other DF guy.

Plas would shitstomp luffy, Luffy is just Elongated man.

Comparing Luffy to Plas is like comparing a campfire to a nuclear bomb. Plas is so much more than a "stretchy guy"

He really couldn't.
What exactly do you think Plastic Man's powers are?

Fine

You kidding, right?
One told God to go fuck himself while the other doesn't even qualify as one.

Plas doesn't even have "powers", he's not remotely human anymore.
He's an intelligent glob of Substance that can become whatever the fuck it wants and thinks it's human. Even psychic powers and the like don't work on it.

Plastic man can swim

I want to see Rock Lee vs Karate Kid

Heaven or Hell, let's rock!

Put him against Metamorpho. That would be fun.

I would have actually kept watching Naruto way back when if Rock Lee had been the protagonist.

Cant you beat Plastic Man by freezing him?

Shame he was a jobber

He was frozen and shattered. It was emotionally traumatizing but he was physically fine once he thawed and reformed.

Plastic Man is the kind of broken that haters claim Superman is.

>I want to see Rock Lee vs Karate Kid
i kinda wanna say val becuase he knows every martial art including the weird future ones

but on the other hand lee has more stamina

Lucy is a masteruse man and madoka got tricked by QB and Homura

Not really. He's extremely versatile, strong, and his durability/longevity is through the roof, but he's not knocking planetoids out of orbit or moving at faster-than-light speeds anytime soon.

Explain.

>who?

Is that a joke?

This is a few years behind to post BUT, I'd say:
Rule of Funny determines the outcome.

i like team ups better

What a terrible character design.

L vs The Riddler

Negative manand Mento's mental powers would bypass his biscuit soldiers allowing them to attack cracker directly.

>Oda managed to turn a guy whose power is literally just "makes crackers" into a legitimate threat.

Could he handle Drunk Lee or keep up with max gates speed and power?

I could easily see him beating Lee's technique until Lee powers up

How powerful would Big Mom be in the DC Universe?

Classic Riddler or Mass-murderer Jigsaw Riddler?

Armament Haki isn't really about the mental state of the target... so yeah, Plas might be immune to Conquerors and hard to predict, but armament would still be a threat.

Given that armament haki is billed as being able to strike foes through their power (nullifying Luffy's own rubber and things like that) it is the wild card. If it works on Plas, Luffy wins.

If it does, Luffy loses after a long fight.

I didn't consider Mento, because I always forget he exists. Can you blame me?

Fight is interrupted when they realize there's a sale on chestnuts somewhere and both take off to get to it.

I think it's mostly an inconvenience to him. After all, he was once shattered and left at the bottom of the ocean for 3,000 years. When putting himself back together, his primary complaints were about getting a song stuck in his head and how annoying it is to get an itch on your nose when you have no idea where it even is.

Armament strikes "the true nature" of the opponent though, according to Silver. Given how Oda writes (each battle is a battle of "wills") it's pretty reasonable to think that Haki operates on that level. Desire to win clashing with desire to win.

There's no way to determine if it would work on Plastic Man so we must assume it won't. Regardless, I doubt Luffy can hit him to begin with.

Unless Luffy somehow developed the speed and strength of Superman or a Lantern Plas stomps

I don't really know much about plas so can you post examples showing how strong he is?

Val is human who's so highly trained he's able to fistfight a Kryptonian to a standstill. So... make of that what you will.

Neither one take physicals damage from bludgeoning blows.
Unless Haki works on plastic man it will be a stalemate.

But I guess Plasticman could enter luffy body and suffocate him.

>must assume it won't
Why? Because it would make Plastic lose by default? It's a major power set Luffy has in his world, if you just take it away from him by default without discussing it it's a bit one sided in treatment.
Anyway, Luffy has been faster than the human eye for ages now. He's not superman tier, but he's definitely capable of outspeeding plasticman (and out performing him strengthwise too).

He once used a massive gold ball (several tons at minimum) as a makeshift pair of brass knuckles. He also has minor predictive powers. He's capable of flight now because he "kicks the air so many times in a second that it creates lift"

>Popeye, Droopy, and old Daffy
Who would win?

Plastic Man could turn into a giant toilet as in TDKR and simply drown him.

Anyone to got to watch that cartoon.

They'd just go for a beer.

Saitama wakes up feeling really satisfied and the rest of the plot is him and Genos wandering through the aftermath of the fight, Hangover style, trying to determined exactly what happened and who won.

Yeah, each of them have a pretty big grudge with the forces of darkness, I could totally see them teaming up.

>Anyway, Luffy has been faster than the human eye for ages now.
Everyone in anime becomes "faster than the human eye" for animation budget purposes. Luffy still regularly gets punched by large oafs.

That's one of my favorite parts about One Piece. You can never take anyone's power at face value.

>"So...are we supposed to fight?"
>"Nah. Seems like a huge pain in the ass."
>"Yeah."
>"Wanna grab a beer?"
>"Sure...wait, is that a monkey?"

One Piece has a weird way of handling speed power creep. A normal human with a standard pistol is able to actually intimidate a man whose power is to literally turn into light.

The reason is because every strong character has some degree of precognition. If the guy knows where the lightspeed user is going to be, it doesn't matter how fast the lightspeed guy moves.

He's literally fast enough that his fists can hit a person several hundred times near-simultaneously in the span of a second or two. That isn't "stylistic speed", that's actual speed.

Everyone in the new world has haki now (lets you predict movements) and the "large oafs" are often capable of moving just as fast. Even without the animation explanation, he's been capable of "flight through rapid kicking" and able to cross an entire city (in seconds) with this technique for years now.

OP has always separated body appearance from physical ability, it's just part of the series. Everyone he's fought recently is capable of taking down an entire country themselves.

It all comes down to whether hakai affects Plas or not. If it does, I think Luffy takes it, because if you take away Plas' rubber powers I don't think he can take Luffy's hits. If not, then Luffy literally can't do shit to Plas and Plas destroys the fight.

Has the power ever been show to effect somebody whose powers aren't devil fruit based? Assuming they'd be able to effect somebody whose powers are from a completely different source is assuming too much especially when Plastic Man's powers can't be tampered with even by high level DC magic users

Not that it'd help Luffy win, Plas has tanked shots from Superman and has survived being atomized and worse. He's also kept up in a fight against Fernus, and we all know how busted J'onn is. Luffy cannot threaten him on any level

>Luffy
>Smart
I know a lot of Sup Forums doesn't watch Sup Forums stuff (you should only ever read one piece anyways) but I wish people wouldn't talk about things they don't know

>rubber powers
That's the thing, those aren't powers in the same sense as a devil fruit user. It's part of Plastic Man's being, he's no longer human but a gelatinous mass that was once human.

If it worked as it works in OP, it'd help him win. A Logia has exactly the same durability has Plas unless you elemental counter it. They've been vaporized/dissipated as well, and always come back.

Haki always effects baseline humans. It strikes will, not just body. The question literally is "does it work?"... so I'm not saying that it HAS to work, just that your assertion that we must assume it doesn't is bunk.

>The reason is because every strong character has some degree of precognition.
>If the guy knows where the lightspeed user is going to be, it doesn't matter how fast the lightspeed guy moves.
Wait
That's kinda stupid.

plastic man

Adaptive
Agility
Chameleon
Claws
Controlled Bone Growth
Density Control
Elasticity
Healing
Immortal
Invulnerability
Longevity
Shape Shifter
Size Manipulation
Stamina
Super Strength
Willpower-Based Constructs

>Guts and Hellboy crossover
All of my yes.

They finally manage to kill a sogoth-powered femto merged with the idea of evil but then guts goes over the edge with his devil-armour and hellboy has to take him down old yeller style

I don't know if the series will ever answer that question. It doesn't have supernatural elements outside of haki and devil fruits.

Guts vs Samurai Jack has had a slight increase of popularity
Before Avatar ended, Aang vs Naruto was a thing

>Logia has exactly the same durabality as Plas
No. No even remotely close

Guts is a buffed Scotsman so he would smoke Jack

youtube.com/watch?v=n6GrHnOLb-Y

As much as I love One Piece, I'm going to say Plastic Man would win simply because Plastic Man's powers have very few limits.

Luffy is strong, but Plastic Man can not only bend his body but bend the very rules of physics.

Hands down, Plastic Man wins.

See also: meteors impacting planets, space junk impacting satellites, etc.

But that's the same thing that Logia fruit do. Here's a guy using hakai to punch a guy who's made out of fire.

tell that to Enel.

>Or become a goddamn bike?
i loved that thread

Does Metamorpho stand a chance agaisnt Luffy?

No you fool! You just gave them A REASON TO FIGHT!
>"The last bag of chestnuts!"

Outside of seastone and Haki, a high tier Logia cannot be injured.

A user of the Pika-Pika no mi cannot be injured by anything short of that, and reforms with a mere thought if dissipated. He is Plas tier. There are "lower" logias (that have obvious weaknesses) but the upper realm of devil fruit/logia powers are indestructible. Not my fault you've only read one of the series we are talking about.

if he could poison or melt Luffy.. he can

youtube.com/watch?v=wjEmHi5rEFE

kek

luffy's resistant to poison now.

Man, One Piece is fucking terrible

If you look at it from a meta perspective, the purpose of both major forms of haki (precognition and "armor piercing") are to create insurance to make sure that "regular humans" can always compete in-universe without having to dip into devil fruit powers to stay relevant.

If you look at it that way, then I could understand the argument that you could look at Armament haki as a catch-all "anti-supernatural defenses" power. But either way you'd have to make a judgment call, because One Piece itself probably never will touch the subject.

Many Marvel and DC characters are obscenely overpowered.

Devil Fruit users all share one common weakness: drowning. All a Marvel or DC hero or villain would have to do is find someway to drown a Devil Fruit user.

I say this as someone who is a big One Piece fan too.

kek

It was like a single panel or two in the manga, then Toei goes and makes it a 5 minute beam struggle with flashbacks.

OP manga is the only way to travel.

The drowning weakness isn't obvious at a glance