Was it rape?

Was it rape?

Other urls found in this thread:

unco.edu/asap/Survivor_Information/date_rape_drugs.html
bleedingcool.com/2014/04/09/rape-and-the-modern-superhero-comic-invincible-110/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it was hot and that's all that matters

No. It was dumb and it made neither character look good, but they went out of their way to show that NW enjoyed it, even if he was perplexed at first.

So, not rape.

Dick was willing and enjoyed himself, so no

Yes, Dick should have sent her to jail.

Was it smelly?

VERY.

No, Dick was a lucky son of a bitch. Also

Yes, the whole movie raped my eyes.

i mean, NW started shit with her first and harassed her on her doorstep

maybe we should just start harassing women at their doorstep maybe we can all get laid

Girls can't rape guys idiot.

Noice.

fuck off that was rape.

No, but she has half a dozen STDs now.

It was almost rape

Actual practiced detective here. No, seriously. It's an annoying profession. don't get your hopes up. speaking from 8 years experience.

Considering that she's a legit psycologist and had much of her career in arkham before "going bad', you'll have to reframe how you go about analyzing the scenario.

>restrained nightwing to a bed as opposed to any other object.
Legs spread/compromising position.

>Thinking out loud in presence of nightwing.
Intentionally begins shifting focus on unrelated 'subjects' despite nightwing still
being present in room and strips, likely with intent of disarming any sense of hostility
and interjecting a sense of sensuality by jumping right to personal questions.(original robin)

>pretense of security.
It's Nightwing. Not Tim Drake, Dick Grayson. Regardless of whether Harley knows their real identities
or not, she does have enough knowledge of how much danger she's in depending on who she's facing.
she calls out knowledge of him being he first robin, which clarifies his position of being closest to equal
of batman compared to the others.
>Belittles him by referring to him as a 'boy who's all grown up' despite this, as if implying she 'knows'
more than him about 'things'. (refers to it as a 'kick in the pants')
>Does this while he's in this restrained position.
>Visibly eyes his crotch and gives enough pause just to hear his comment, strategically positioned near
light switch just for dramatic effect.

Well, she is a psychologist and it's clear she staged enough for this to be all planned. Being she openly admitted to not wanting to go back to her old ways in front of him, it can be assumed that she's doing as much as she can to avoid going back to arkham or any other prison for that matter. Her intent is clear, but the grounds for "rape" is questionable as not only is nightwing of age and consenting, but harley herself appears to do all in her power to get consent.

Rape? No.
Grooming? Yes.

if the situation was reversed there would be thousands of outraged "feminists" on the streets

but now those "feminists" look and see a "strong woman" or some other BS

No.
I get the feeling she was willing to rape him though.

No. Harley jumped through a lot of hurdles to engage in sex while still getting his consent first.
Had he outright denied her, she would have most likely sulked since Nightwing had her dead to rights
on shirking on reporting to her parole officer. Furthermore, she also knew from the door she had a time
limit until batman arrived to look for Nightwing and she outright stated before she fought Nightwing that
she was done with her old life, best choice to dodge going back to arkham.

Raping Nightwing would have been instant grounds for batman to ship her on back, but Nightwing was
not only vocally willing and playing with harley after, but displayed both guilt and shame after batman
stared him down.

If you just like the idea of harley raping him, that's one for yourself and I don't have any personal
opinion on your interests, but so far as the context was depicted, she set up a situation with the
explicit intent to let Nightwing's guard down as by her own admission before the fight, she was going
to pay him back for all the sexual harassment on the job and she certainly did just that. That said, she
was also (again, by her own admission) sexually frustrated and picky with her partners, not interested
in customers at her job, but very willing to accept him.... yet didn't actually engage in actual intimacy
until Nightwing agreed.

As I mentioned above, Harley was meticulous and going back to pay close attention, she planned almost
every step of the way to have sex with him, but the odds are that she would have not risked legitimate
rape if he would have denied.

Think, she had to have known batman would be hot on Nightwing's heels after she captured him, so the
odds of her wanting to be caught in the act -raping- Nightwing by BATMAN of all people, would have been
infinitesimally low. She and Nightwing both treated it as consensual, but Harley having set Nightwing up
to sympathize and trust her enough to lower his guard ahead of time Isn't rape. It's grooming.

Wait, so is Nightwing the father of those twins from Beyond?

>feminist boogeyman
>in reality, Dr Light threads were tame as fuck

coming off the megaman thread, i was confused as fuck

Don't you mean grandfather?

Dick consented. It raped my mind, though.

He'd be the grandfather not the actual father
But it's possible

grandfather

Actually, pretty much everyone hates this, even the nutballs on both sides of the "feminism is cancer"/"this is why I need feminism" spectrum.

Grandfather? Was it that far in the future? I thought Bruce was like in his sixties, which would have put Dick in like his forties.

I'm of open mind but even after reading all of this the notion of Dick and Harley having sex seems icky, like it shouldn't have happened.

The twins call her "Grandma Harley" at the end of Return of the Joker.

That makes a lot of sense Chris Handsome,
>but you're forgetting that any kind of indoctrination or coercion to engage in sexual activities against one's will is also grounds for one to be prosecuted for rape, even if the actual consent was given the victim could claim that they were forced to comply because they were under duress by thinking that they would be in danger if they did not continue to appease the desires of the sexual assaulter.

At least, this is what would have happened (and probably has happened) in cases where the alleged victim was a woman and the alleged assaulter was a man.

the funny thing is everybody that's been making a stink about this movie has been ignoring
questions like this one.

Timm seems to have a good handful of things like this that are taking refuge in audacity,
for example, aside this question (as harley's partners beyond ivy and joker are unknown.)
there is the matter of batman concussing a non-hostile person during harley's singing
sequence despite it seeming far out of batman's rulebook to engage hostilities first,
especially if future complications could be avoided.

...yet it seems so many people are pretending to be so aghast at harley farting or
singing/dancing that the thug being ko'd for no reason gets completely ignored when
they would have otherwise left the club without needing to fight their way out.

and yes, I used the word 'pretending' in reference to harley's antics when manipulative/depraved
/scatalogical/rude/obnoxious behavior is what she's always been all about whenever she
perceives herself to have the high hand. Deadpool can fart in live action "Hashtag drive-by." and
nobody complains. Harley, DC's closest insane sociopathic comparison does the same and it's
somehow a problem even if it actually better suited harley considering she once catapulted a
bucket of dirty diapers halfway across a city in one of her books.

You lose the right to be offended at a character behaving like themselves when the character's
creator depicts them acting like they always have and not being willing to tone them down after the
recent mass hysteria of SJW nonsense that has been running amok these past 5 years. Pretending
that Harley is out of order at this stage is too little too late considering how she's currently depicted
in comics and games.

>Be an emotionally damaged and psychotically depressed 35+ year old man. Still struggling with the emotional turmoil of seeing his parents murdered before his very eyes.
>Accept help and train a younger generation of similarly emotionally depressed youths.
>Female 25+ year old student gets too violent and too suicidal and emotionally attached for her own good while on case
>Tell her she's off the case.
>Student proceeds to attack you. She's 10 years younger than you, faster, and more agile.
>Dodge and block her attacks because you don't want to physically attack a woman.
>She takes advantage of this and goes all out on you. Throwing you the ground
>Literally throws you to the ground, knocking the wind out of you.
>pins you to the ground
>suddenly starts making out with you and grinding her ass against your crotch.
>You're wounded and you know that if you leave, she'll run after you and proceed to beat you again.
>decide to appease your attacker (which is what local media has been telling you to do when confronted with people with different customs and traditions)
>Not rape or sexual assault because you're a male.

Except the scatapult was out of of character even for her in her own book since before then Harley never did that, never went for such low. Fetishes we're not Harley's main thing, that happened when Palmiotti and Conner started writing her 3 or so years ago, before that Harley's main schticks were jokes and pranks and stuff like that. Read a Harley book before N52 for once and you'll barely see any fetishism in there.

Death of the author, read it too. Timm only wrote Harley once and it was this movie and it sucked, Dini did all of the writing for Harley, Timm only did the design of the jester costume. If we are being truthful Sorkin should be credited as a creator instead of Timm since she was the inspiration for Harley and did the voice work for her in BTAS and beyond that, after the DCAU Timm dropped anything that has to do with Harley and started doing other thing while Sorkin for the character every chance she got

While you're right in principle, my beef with the farts is:

1. Harley is a sex appeal character. Farts aren't inherently sexy unless you're a fart fetishist.

2. Sup Forums memed "gotta fart Superbad" to death for years, and it was finally behind us, but now Timm just memed the meme back to life.

Dick could not legally consent. He had literally just been drugged and tied up.

Switch the genders and ask people if it was rape. If they say yes, then it's rape. Think they'd call a gender swapped version of this rape?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Shut up you misogynist pig! Girls can do what they want.

>Read a Harley book before N52 for once and you'll barely see any fetishism in there.
Goddamn you're fucking retarded. A sex-crazed female wearing skintight latex is in fact one of the most commonly known fetishes.

She had just physically assaulted a person while dodging parole and trespassing in a condemned building. Also, she clearly was still in possession of a controlled deadly substance (Joker venom).

Not a single fucking thing about her was in the right.

I didn't say it was any less wrong. Grooming is still really negative and no less despicable, but the bottom line is that op asked if it was "rape", which in roughly 48 of 50 states is basically a hard and flat-out *NO*.

Again, I'm not saying Harley was in the right, but rape is precisely what harley didn't do. She was complicit in the act of arranging a scenario where Nightwing would be lead to certain conclusions of Harley and the situation he was in where upon he would agree to sexual acts of his own volition without feeling as if he was feeling violated as he sympathized with her and felt she was non-hostile. He was given enough ability to speak his feelings and consented while being of age, which ultimately destroys any attempt to classify it as rape.

...however, being that Harley is known to have majored in psychology, be mentally unstable, premeditated
the act as well as having confessed her motivations on at least two occasions (in varying manner of intent)
it can't be denied that she played into fooling nightwing into being willing to consent no matter how much he
things he was willing of his own accord, which is the basis for grooming. (it also begs the question if Harley
is a few years older than Dick.) Her being accused of grooming makes her no less predatory in nature than
a rapist. It just makes her more dangerous as it could be implied she does this far more often and can get
away with it as most groomers get away with it as it destroys possibility of classifying any actions
committed as rape if the victim is both at comfort with the engaging party and willing/consenting.

The impossible factor to determine is the use of joker venom beforehand as the known lingering after-effects
of the stated 'low dose' she doped him with is not known. It stands to reason that nightwing may not have
been completely in his right mind, but the basic symptoms of the toxin appeared to have been long gone by
time nightwing regained consciousness.

Double standards exist. Deal with it, you little bitch. You're just as bad as a tumblr feminist if you're offended by femdom sex scenarios, ironic as that sounds.

That's Harley playing her sexuality, not a fetishes. See if you see anything that you see in today's Harley book in the books of back then

FINALLY! An excuse to post this!

Damn. More?

A lot of people have brought that up that she did rape Batman

It's why later on she gets raped as some kind of balance for her actions.

It's ok if women rape men. The world is fucked for men anyhow

I haven't seen the movie yet. Just the one scene.
Yeah sounds like she would not have raped him.
Disregard my retardation.

>literally says that Nightwing was roofied
>Still says it wasn't rape

unco.edu/asap/Survivor_Information/date_rape_drugs.html
bleedingcool.com/2014/04/09/rape-and-the-modern-superhero-comic-invincible-110/

The fact that Harley is using psychology to manipulate a man into consent is also rape.
You can refute that all you want, but if the situation were reversed, there wouldn't be any kind of deep seated intellectual discussion here. Everyone would be saying that Harry Raped Diane

>seems like she wouldn't have raped him
She would have just killed him or given him more joker gas.

thank you for your analysis user. It only makes my dick harder

>The fact that Harley is using psychology to manipulate a man into consent is also rape.
No! Because it's a man. Men can't get raped by a woman unless a strapon is involved. After all, if he doesn't want it, why doesn't he just go limp :^)

Actually, you're mostly wrong. Vigilantism has no double-standard.

The line is blurred at the 'kidnapping' part. Being NW is a vigilante, he's not exactly in his legal right to begin with and at peril to himself by default. Harley's already classified as dangerous and as a legal citizen, she has the luxury of priority of law regardless of gender.

I'm being entirely serious about this. Kidnapping and the act of sex following after regardless of circumstance is usually a package deal unless antagonism was instigated by the one who was kidnapped.

This basically means that would have been almost in the right had NW not been a vigilante snooping for harley in a place as dangerous and crime-ridden as gotham city. Generally speaking for american territories, in places with elevated crime, laws are adjusted to accommodate the safety of citizens and reformed or not, gotham might not be so careless to let any citizen be without certain slight elevated rights and allowances. On technicality, Harley could justify her initial handling of NW as a citizen's arrest and give an anonymous call to the address of the place she left him after skipping town with her belongings. She also completely had Nightwing on his words if she bothered to record him as his statements before the fight started could be taken as him trying to tempt her into starting back up on her criminal behavior.

I don't WANT to justify any of what harley did, but you would be surprised at what a lawyer could wring out of this stuff which puts harley fully in her legal right to not see a day in court... except for the detail about the carrying/lifting part.

( Basically, NW's a vigilante. Harley, regardless of skimping on parole, is still a citizen. The moment she decided to lift him up and carry him off as opposed to simply taking his mask/figuring his identity/etc, that was the moment she legally sealed the situation. She aided and abetted a known vigilante.)

Dubcon, dingus.

>men can't get raped by women

You're actively missing the point.

If this was a simple case of two legal co-workers and one being violated by the other, you'd have
something to talk about, but in this express instance, it's a legal battle that harley would win simply on
calculation alone.

Again, I'll say it half a million times more. I do not condone Harley's actions and see them as greatly
predatory, but so far as legally speaking, what was depicted, no matter man or woman, was something
that one subject offered and the other accepted.

Had she untied Nightwing after turning off the lights and mounting him, then persisting with her advances,
his tone of dialogue alone puts him in the range of still being willing to accept.

"The things I do for-*" with a smile on his face would likely still be present considering that Harley ceased
being hostile after NW had been concussed.

See, if you argued that Harley actively sought to assault NW when they were outside, it still would be
treated as a separate circumstance and she would have still gotten off on defending herself from a stalking
Vigilante who followed her all the way to her home from her place of business.

"Low-grade" joker venom she applied had him suffering symptoms, sure, but the clarity of those
symptoms had a definitive end after his concussion, which muddies things for the vigilante in question.
The thing is that both batman and NW are familiar enough with it to know it's affects and it's likely that
Batman would have called it if it had any impact. (he didn't-even though the word of a vigilante can't be
trusted...despite him being the third most foremost expert on the drug after joker and harley respectively.)

It's a factor in subduing NW long enough for aiding in his capture, but had no impact on his willingness to
give himself to harley. If it were up to me, I'd put harley in prison for 20 years on principle, but legally
speaking? All evidence presented, man or woman, the vigilante is screwed on multiple levels.

Why does Sup Forums hate this movie so much? It had IRL braaaap posting, principal Louis, rape, ow my balls, best Justice League member Booster Gold, a very special yam with very unique mind control properties, an amazing Harley Quinn song that even Batman was grooving to and best of all it's 100% canon. Based Bruce Timm gave us everything we could have ever wanted.

>implying harley would kill nightwing and suffer the wrath of batman.
Harley might be a sociopath, but she's nowhere near that stupid. Hell, the only thing in comic book history
presumably worse or more retarded than that would be implying Lex Luthor getting the feeling that killing the kent
parents in ANY continuity is an acceptable choice.

And it wasn't gas. It was a tiny pinprick, less than a drop that got in his blood through the faintest of scratches in the
midst of a previous fight. It wasn't as if she mounted him and forced it on him or slipped it into a drink or food. There
was a fight and she used it in the confusion of the fight as a disabling tactic to get the advantage. She displayed zero
intent to further use it past that point.

...and judging by her calculations and the results, it wasn't as if she needed to drug him for compliance. The fact
stands that she used words and body language to get what she wanted more than anything. precisely what
she used to make Ivy surrender. You can't argue with that. It's not as if Harley is being portrayed as
unattractive, the intent is clear enough on that front, but throwing "rapist" at her isn't going to get the civil matters
rectified any faster.

Rapist? No.
Predatory? Yes.
Grooming? Yes.
Was she wrong for doing what she did? Incredibly. Without a doubt.

She's no less wrong for her actions because the matter was manipulation, premeditated trickery and from her
experienced POV, it was already a foregone conclusion the moment she succeeded in tying him up.
It's similar to how Jessica Jones lied to Luke Cage by omission in her netflix series. Jessica didn't intend for things to
go that way, but when things got inside her personal space, she didn't bother clarify exactly what was happening.

Same here. Harley knew something and simply took advantage while she had the opportunity. You can't call what
harley did rape without calling what Jessica did the same exact thing.

Why does Sup Forums have to read so deeply into everything? It was just a litty summer swamp raunch romp. The Dr. Phil / American Ninja Warrior parody at the end was ABSOLUTELY EPIC xD. All of my friends laughed hysterically and clapped at the end.

Well, he did say she was grooming him
Better then rape, but it has a morally wrong lean

>mind control

not mind control. mind altering, yes. it's used to travel in the green. it first appeared in the swamp thing comic by alan moore which i highly recommend

I fucking love it when Bruce is portrayed a little more Asian.

It shouldn't have. Even after I posted all of that, I don't agree with harley's acts.

The thing a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that this isn't Lois Lane, Jean Grey, Mary Jane
Watson, Supergirl, Carol Danvers, Hawkgirl or any other morally-upright female character.

Harley quinn is a character who has always been ethically and morally ambiguous as well as reckless
and impulsive. Agreeing or disagreeing with her actions is part of the deal you're signing up with when
she's involved, especially considering she's spent a LOT of time on both sides of the glass walls of
arkham and was complicit/unopposed to a majority of the acts that the joker was involved in despite the
fact he was a murderous psychopath.

I'm not sure what anybody could have possibly been expecting, but if you had some idealized clean and
pure notion of harley that was sanitized to the point of resembling Mabel from Gravity Falls or Daggett
from Angry Beavers, I think you may have made a grave miscalculation.

Again. I agree that it shouldn't have happened-but in the manner I mean is that chharacter-wise, I expect better of Dick and wish he would have refused her offer. As far as what went filmed, I couldn't care less. In my mind, author/director intent is fact of matter, so I can only think that this was a mistake of Dick giving in to his baser impulses since harley probably only saw him as a conquest based on her blunt wording.

The idea of Harley having sex with a person as close to Bruce as what we all consider his first son just reeks of the implication of character scheming, especially after seeing how she treated him/talked about him after she did the deed, like he was just a mountain to climb.

The image you're presenting is far above and beyond what Harley did. Physical hostility and violation is not harley's territory. No matter the medium, Harley actively is aware of the legal ramifications of her position and uses psychology for consent to dodge the law.

Rape is terrifying, but Grooming is also no fucking joke as it rarely gets any attention and is exceptionally
difficult to detect.

It's equally as morally reprehensible as rape and can be devastating as the victim might not care if they're
classified as being psychologically harmed by the process. They're very likely to accept the reality of their
feelings and even be cheated out their real life simply because their interests and life concerns have been
co-opted by another.

Imagine if you have a 10 year old son who has grown distant from you and more involved
with a female neighbor twice his age. So much so involved that they seem far less interested in you and
begin shutting you out or willing to tell lies about you or otherwise damage your livelihood by potentially
getting you fired or worse, imprisoned with the chances strongly leaning of your neighbor winning
possession of your child's custody as the neighborhood has witness the woman doing a great job taking
care of the child.

Things like this has happened before, but things far worse than this has occurred. Most efforts of grooming
are initiated by the female in most cases around the world as most women don't initially act on the sexual
part until their target is of legal age. This is mostly due to the thought that women age and their beauty
spoils far worse than men do, leaving those insecure of that fact to seek out and 'imprint' on a younger
individual who will still likely be clinging to them by time they are of age. With enough work, it's very much
possible to maintain any childlike delusion in a person until well beyond their forties.

Men rarely get away with it, a majority of them strangely wind up being busted as the sort that molest altar
boys, primarily because (and I shit you not) the 'altar boys' are too wiling to submit and 'confess' their sins
to a person that won't punish them in a way that is as painful as the way most parental backlash can leave
a lasting emotional impact.

Yes, Bruce Timm continues to rape your beloved characters by shitting on them because he's a hack manchild

>Being this butthurt over this scene

You mean "grandfather" and no i am pretty sure Dick is smart enough to pull out, and especially smart enough to pull out of Harley.

Awww you mad because Harley slept with a guy? Faggot?

I'm mad that Harley shit her pants in the Batmobile and Alfred is going to have to spend days changing the upholstery and airing it out.

This does not look good at all. It looks like someone attached a hose sprinkler.

>No, seriously. It's an annoying profession. don't get your hopes up. speaking from 8 years experience.

Annoying? Care to expand, i'm interested in why.

*Attached a manikin to a hose sprinkler.

Side note: Google "manikin" and one of the ad results is a replacement vulva, what the fuck?

Has Timm ever done a Sex scene before?

Has no one mentioned the fact that (à la Morrison)Thalia roofied batman in the middle if the desert, couldn't even be bothered to remove his cowl, and proceeded to (forcefully) harvest his superior seed?

I would presume it's because much like most SOOO COOL, super exciting looking professions, it is incredibly dull right up until it is very suddenly, very dangerously, not.

You can't rape a male

If you read the graphic novel where this happens, it's clear that it was consensual. I took this as Batman re-writing history in his mind.

>I would presume it's because much like most SOOO COOL, super exciting looking professions, it is incredibly dull right up until it is very suddenly, very dangerously, not.

Oh I kind of thought it might be because as his post demonstrated you just pick up a different way of organizing your thoughts that you can't really turn on and off.

It can interfere in your life even if it is useful. Though your reason is likely a very astute observation that I hadn't considered.

No wonder you hate your job, you have about as much ability to read others as an /r9k/ poster.

You can't "groom" a grown man. What you describe is basic persuasion, which while that can be underhanded (i.e. threatening to break someone's legs if they don't do as you want) is about as much grooming as it is polite conversation. More importantly you project an inherent maliciousness on adult women who talk to young boys, for example, when the simple reality is that any male and female who have kept in contact for an extended amount of time are extremely likely to have the mutual thought of "can I reproduce with him/her?"

And this is ignoring the absolute retardation of America's many sex-based laws, where everything can be made into a rape even if you've never touched the victim or met them.

For starters, I lost the tip of my right pinky finger while examining the
house of a paranoid schizo because he had his stash of cocaine hidden
behind a booby-trapped false wall in a shed that I tried to move. Was a
petty and tiny stash of only 4 or 5 dimebags in a peanut butter jar, so the
tradeoff of finding it wasn't worth sticking my finger in the hole.

Most cases are domestic disputes between husband and wife or lovers,
with damage done to vehicles or homes. Thefts are rare, drug-related stuff
is uncommon, but most fatal stuff is rarer and never as clear as film/tv
depict it.

The paperwork is more vexing than anything. I went in expecting to bust
cases, but all I do is examine for evidence and take notes aside from
occasional interrogation-which I might add is not the sort of TV drama
bullshit you see on CSI. Most people are too stupid to let it get too
dangerous and confess or say stupid things that get them found out and
rarely do I ever see people asking for a lawyer.

I've wasted time on more cold cases than I care to count and the job isn't
really the active part that the police departments other individuals engage
in.

Worst of all? Every time there's a crime scene, I have to constantly and
repeatedly make clear to the others I work with that they must wear gloves, not alter the crime scene and not contaminate the sensitive areas
before I can document findings or else they run the risk of impeding or
otherwise causing the entire gathering of evidence to be thrown out in
court.

It's like you've never heard of catfishing or homewreckers. A grown man
being thirsty enough and dumb enough is likely to bend over and be
walked on as well as be suckered out of a fortune if he doesn't get a
prenup in advance. The general idea of grooming is that it takes many forms, but always starts at attraction and positive reinforcement.

Hit the nail on the head. I got nosy and it cost me a marriage.

here. have the one from the that storytime

But everyone was shit in the movie. Timm always been shit, with the difference being that he worked with better writers that would filter his shit ideas. This was by far the shittiest work he put out.

>Imagine if you have a 10 year old son who has grown distant from you and more involved
with a female neighbor twice his age

mmm... bueno...

There exist plenty of hideously unattractive women or homosexual men and
the concept of desperation does not elude them.

This and you had best believe rich men would actively avoid being drugged
by women who plot pregnancy on their victims purely for financial gain.

Also, remember that it is also considered rape regardless of gender if you
are aware of having an std and refuse/fail to tell your partner before engaging
in sexual activity.

For instance, If you have HIV/Aids and neglect to inform a consenting
partner, you are effectively worse than the standard form of rapist as in itself,
rape (while morally repugnant and unquestionably wrong.) in the basic
instance is harmful, but not explicitly lethal to the victim, the instance of
neglecting to inform a consenting partner about an STD has the potential to
be life-threatening.

Again, imagine if you had a child who was of legal age. On one hand,
imagine a person raped your child, but on the other, imagine your child had
a longtime friend turned lover who you trusted for years and failed to mention
he/she was HIV-positive until he/she got sick, leaving you to watch as your
child's health deteriorated over time.

Both are horrible and extremely disgusting acts, but the fact that one is
actively physically lasting over an emotional scar that can be overcome is
the one that will definitely hurt the most of all. "Can't rape a man" only goes
so far as a joke, but realistically, I don't think anybody would want to sign up
for catching a fatal std, no matter how attractive the partner.

It's the fact that Morrison forgot it was consensual and other writers have just referred to Morrison's writing.

>I don't think anybody would want to sign up
>for catching a fatal std, no matter how attractive the partner.

there ARE bug chasers, user.

This movie is a fucking fanfic. Bruce Timm is a hack.

That post credits short was literally Seth Macfarlane tier bad. The entire thing was fucking pointless and has nothing to do with Batman.

>the things I do for Gotham

lets face it Batman and Nightwing have been escaping tied ropes since forever.

NW had several ways out, but he wanted information. And he clearly didnt think Harley was unattractive.

she wanted not to get in trouble and to sample some Dick.

not rape

Mannequin is the word