He didn't even get to personally defeat his arch-rival sister. Arguably the culmination of his character arc...

He didn't even get to personally defeat his arch-rival sister. Arguably the culmination of his character arc, and it gets robbed from him because Bryke forgot to give Katara anything else to do.

so you mean he lost having the honor of beating azula?

isn't letting go of honor part of his character development?

He ruled with honor. He let his sister AND father live, despite easily being able to kill both of them. He rebuilt his country while assuring the independence of others and stepped in when necessary to ensure fire nation people were treated fairly and with respect. He was a just an honorable ruler. Honor isn't how you die, it's how you live.

He threw the chance to personally defeat his arch-rival sister in order to protect the friend he'd come to respect, after years of a hell-bent selfish desire to restore his own honor. That WAS the culmination of his arc.

He was friends with her for less than six episodes.

yet still a fuck ton of people ship them together.

Katara's the worst part of the finale.

>He didn't even get to personally defeat his arch-rival sister
He did it later, when they were alone.

Are there pics of the event?

I'm no longer blinded by high school 'freshman in 2008' nostalgia.

Fuck Katara.

Metal Toph was fucking bonkers though.

That's fair and everything but Azula should have straight murdered Katara

I think she won based on the same thing that led Zuku to fighting her in the first place, that she wasn't in her sane herself. if she was S2 Azula she would've won handily.

In the comics?

Maybe if she was his lover that would work

yes, I'm still salty. Proceed to make fun of me

Why did they spend 2 seasons building up how Lightningbending required emotional balance in order not to catastrophically backfire, then when Azula went off the deep end she was fine?

Would have made more sense if it led to her own defeat.

Did Zutara even have any chemistry at all?

Don't forget she's a firebending prodigy, remember the flashback where she was showing the previous fire lord her skills?

did some barely pubescent bald kid having his first crush or some emotionless edgy chick have any chemistry with either of them? No.

That desn't mean she can bend the rules. No pun intended.

I know, but it made sense she could control the lightning so well.
I mean imagine if the climax of the battle was her using the lightning and backfiring on her. that would be an even worse end than the Katara one. it would feel so unsatisfactory having all that build up only to flop to her own technique.

Zuko has more chemistry with every single girl in the series besides the one he actually wound up with.

chosing to save katara on the last second rather than go for the kill was the culmination of his ark
After that he had his shit together

Zuko completely outclassed Azula during that fight; she only took that shot at Katara because of how one-sided it was becoming and because she knew he could beat her ultimate technique.

First, second, third posts best posts

dem titties though

did they finally fug

she just wanted the Brodick

Fucking THIS.
>Not chinese commoner girl who taught him to be normal
>not the water bender he learned revenge wasn't everything with
>not his sister who wanted his dick so bad oh god give it to me zuzu I need it

But some chick we're just informed he had a thing with at one point off screen

Yeah but it was fucking lame and wasn't satisfying to watch, like most of Sozin's Comet.

It's a well known fact that Azula fucked Zuko and bore several of his children into the world.

Aang going super saiyin bald was pretty cool

Where's the honour in beating someone who has gone off the deep end? Not to mention she's still his sister. His character arc was about honour, not beating Azula.

He didn't want to face Azula at all, the fact he had to fight her was tragic.

Can I ask you a question?

>Learning to let go of his autismal concept of personal honor and pride
>Leaning to sacrifice for others
>Learning that having accepting help from a friend doesn't make you weak

All of it plays into his arc

Also the fight up to when Katara gets involved shows that he had completely outclassed her at that point and would have won it easy if they'd been alone so he basically 'won' anyway despite not striking the finishing blow.

What do you mean? The cop-out ending was great.

Him putting his honor aside in order to save someone else was more than enough to properly end is character arc. As if him joining the avatar and reconciling with Iroh wasn't enough already.

But he did get to fuck Suki, so that's fine.

>My father says she was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born. I don't need luck, though. I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight and that's made me strong. It's made me who I am.
what did he mean with this?

ding ding ding

that he is an untalented scum and had to work harder than others to be a decent bender?

Let's face it, part of the show was enjoyable because of these two looking for redemption

He wishes he was a little girl.

>Iroh
>looking for redemption
did we watch the same show?

he lost his son under his command if i remember correctly

also it was the completion of Azula's humiliation
she wasn't defeated in an honorable combat against her brother, there's some dignity in that

No she was tricked by a lowly tribal, not even a peasant

I think it's implied iroh found redemption in the past by changing how he was.

no, in the bed

>But dude the stronk Katara healed him once that totally means they love each other x3 owo

Yes. He will have to forgo the honor of beating his mentally broken little sister to a pulp with his eclipse enhanced firebending. He'll have to settle for a grand and selfless sacrificial dive, to redeem his relationship with the gaang and finally solidify his place among them forever. Dang.

Emotional balance as in "being fine with yourself". Azula was fine with being completely bonkers.

There's a part of season one where Iroh straight up confesses to zuko that ever since losing luten, he thinks of zuko as his own. He's clearly trying to raise zuko to be a compassionate and well travelled prince who protects the balance of the world, not just raise another son who will die pointlessly in an attempt to conquer a Fortress city

More like why did they spend all seasons to build up Azula as a strong, determined fighter and a competent leader who can never be defeated anyone but the avatar then make her break into pieces in 2 episodes then lose to a literal nobody.

Stop being a fucking idiot.

Azula was not crazy, she just had a breakdown.

It's almost like Bryke has a bad habit of overpowering their villains to the point that they have to pull something out of their ass to stop them.

Why didn't Azula get NOMADED by Aang?

Because she has standards.

I've never considered that, but damn that is actually kinda hot forcing the Fire Princess to bring air benders back to the world by impregnating her over and over

Good thing that never happened.

Are you asking why the avatar didn't just rape his enemies?

But his honor and destiny

>Implying firecest isnt canon
>Its just with Zuko & Kiyi (his half sister)

You are sick in the head.

The fact that he could beat Azula because she went crazy at the last minute, making all his character development near relevant, ruined the ending even if he finished her off

I still have no fucking idea what happened in season 2's finale. I've never gotten an explanation for that shit.

>earthbenders bend metal by bending the earth impurities in the metal
>they can't actually bend metal itself
>somehow the red lotus bends mercury into Korra
>even if we assume they sprinkled some earth in there it doesn't explain how Korra metal bent it all out three years alter
Am I missing something or is this a literal plot hole? There's no way there was still earth mixed in with the mercury inside her body after three fucking years. Wouldn't it have made more sense for Korra to BLOOD BEND the mercury out?

they just wanted an excuse to bring back toph for fan service. Yes it's a plot hole, they just hoped everyone forgot about the rules of metalbending. Luckily for them Korra fans are pretty willing to overlook plot holes so it wasn't that bad of a plan.

Here's another one for you. Remember the giant robot? And how they couldn't bend it because it was made out of platinum? Well only the outside was platinum, the inside was bendable metal. Like, they break the arm by bending the non-plat metal inside once they are in.

They could have easily bent it from the outside, for some reason Bryke acted as if the platinum blocked their ability to bend. Korra could have literally just gone up to the machine and fucked its inside completely in one avatar state move.

i didn't think about the platinum part, looking back it's kind of retarded

You also forget the one that Roku forgot to tell Aang about Raava and lied to him about the Avatar State.

Are there any archives of the THIS IS PROOF PEOPLE!!! videos? I feel like reliving the glory days of of the Zutards

>korra doesn't know who raava is
>bryke give her amnesia for the episode where she will learn about raava
>she is then heard mumbling "Raava... Raava... Raava," while unconscious
>something she didn't know until the amnesia made her remember something she didn't know just enough to mumble the name but not actually know about and so has to watch the movie in her head explain Won and Raava
it's probably the most hilarious clusterfuck in writing I've ever seen

Everyone was so glad to be temporarily rid of Korra and watch Wan instead it got glossed over

>korra learns that vaatu created the spirit portals to bring spirits over to the human war to wage war against the humans
>humans have to resort to living on lion turtles to survive
>won and raava defeat vaatu and seal the portals after leading all the spirits back over
>humans are now able to live and flourish, forming civilizations and culture
>this continues for thousands of years with the avatar stepping in to keep things in balance
>vaatu comes back cause of season 2's villain
>korra defeats them both
>she then proceeds to fulfill the will of literal incarnation of human hating chaos energy and LEAVE THE PORTALS OPEN
>spirits are shown to be disrupting the lives of humans
>getting worse with even spirit vines slowly growing unchecked like the fucking tiberium from C&C
>no one blames Korra and she just expects everyone to co-exist with spirits
>something that was proven to be literally impossible and a terrible thing to force on humans
She has to be one of the fucking dumbest protagonists I have ever seen and the only reason most people don't realize this is the story constantly gives her a fucking pass. We are one or two avatar cycles away from humanity going full third reich and declaring war on the spirits.

Not to mention the portals were created by vaatu meaning they are an unnatural disturbance in the balance of the two worlds who were originally kept separate and by keeping the connection open the human world ends up getting fucked

Toph is OP as fuck in-universe desu. Especially as she got older. in her Prime she probably could have defeated anybody else in their prime in the series.

Katara was the worst character in the show

A lot depends on the environment, though. In a closed space, Toph could probably cream any other bender alive, and if it's pitch black, all the better. But, say, at sea, on a wooden ship, she's pretty much fucked.

gotta love how they brought her back for one moment and then have her just bail out. It's almost like it was just a contrived scenario for easy fanservice.

You mean in Korra? She still fared better then old fart Zuko, Lord of Jobbers.

I'm so proud of you, Sup Forums

He has more chemistry with Aang than he does with Mai.