Disenchantment

Matt Groening is starting a new fantasy cartoon series that will air on Netflix in 2018.

io9.gizmodo.com/matt-groenings-next-cartoon-series-is-an-epic-fantasy-f-1797229238

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/matt-groenings-next-cartoon-series-is-an-epic-fantasy-f-1797229238
media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-announces-disenchantment-a-new-epic-fantasy-animated-series-from-matt-groening
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first

second

last

Fourth

So Futurama but in fantasy land. Dunno if it'll work, the fish out of water thing and the juxtaposition of the comical future with our reality was a big drive early on

I'm in it for waifus

>io9.gizmodo.com/matt-groenings-next-cartoon-series-is-an-epic-fantasy-f-1797229238
it's been announced for a while now, cool your tits

is it just me or does this kinda sound like a grownup adventure time

If you liked Bender's Game, this'll probably float your boat.

Seems like a very overused concept, but again, Matt is a old man

See Everyone has a limited amount of creative ideas.

I've made a few threads about this since the initial announcement and they all die.

This guy created two of the greatest cartoons of all time and essentially has a flawless track record. I'm trying to figure out why Sup Forums doesn't give a shit.

Cause both shows have since become shit even with or without his involvement.

The Simpsons was really made possible by the writers, Sam Simon, David Silverman, the voice cast. Matt himself had very little to do with what made the show great, in fact it would have been much less than it was if he'd had his way.

>even with or without his involvement.

You mean 100% without for both

Josh Weinstein, Bill Oakley and David Cohen are all writing.

John DiMaggio, Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, and Tress MacNeille are all doing voices

Wasn't this confirmed fake news?

From the horse's mouth

media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-announces-disenchantment-a-new-epic-fantasy-animated-series-from-matt-groening

Sounds like he was marathoning Adventure Time one day and figured "Hey, I can do that."

I really hope it's not going to full on meta making fun of how the simpsons and futurama eventually rotted.

I hope to fucking god it doesn't shoehorn modern pop-culture references.
It was jarring as fuck whenever CC run Futurama did it.
>That time leela regrets watching tron legacy
>As if a 1000 year old movie is supposed to be relevant to her
I just don't buy it.

I thought the thumbnail was steve bannon for a sec