Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Tops 'Iron Man 3,' Is Now Fifth-Biggest Superhero Movie Ever

>Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Tops 'Iron Man 3,' Is Now Fifth-Biggest Superhero Movie Ever

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/09/04/box-office-wonder-woman-ends-summer-by-soaring-past-iron-man-3/

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.com/5747305/how-much-money-does-a-movie-need-to-make-to-be-profitable
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel like Wonder Woman's been playing in theaters much longer than any other blockbuster.

Because it's got legs.

>domestic

It's gonna be hilarious when China helps Spiderman absolutely crush this piece of shit

WB is desperate for any kind of success seeing as every single one of their "movies" bombed this year

It's all feminist agenda of ess-jayy-dubluus.

>Because it's got legs.
Yeah, she does.

It's not up to Warner to keep the movie in theaters. I don't think you are intelligent enough to understand how capitalism works though.

i sat through the whole first act, it struck me as very uninteresting and very normie-bait, really reminded me of "avengers 90 minutes of ultron"

io9.com/5747305/how-much-money-does-a-movie-need-to-make-to-be-profitable

So if a film does incredibly well overseas but flops in the U.S., does that make it a hit? As with everything else to do with box office, the answer is "it depends." But generally, domestic revenue seems to be be better for studios than overseas revenue, because the studios take a bigger cut of domestic revenue.

>According to the bookThe Hollywood Economistby Edward Jay Epstein, studios take in about 40 percent of the revenue from overseas release — and after expenses, they're lucky if they take in 15 percent of that number.

>Domestic revenue just counts for a lot more than overseas revenue, says David Mumpower with Box Office Prophets:

>The reason for this is simple. Collecting revenues abroad is a trickier proposition since the dollar fluctuates against foreign currencies. There are also tariffs from these governments in place in order to keep as much money as possible from leaving their countries and going abroad, which is an understandable practice. While the global conglomerates such as Fox, Disney and Time-Warner that run major Hollywood studios can secure sweetheart deals with various local governments, it doesn't happen for each film. As such, international box office revenue is much less reliable than in North America.

Why was IM3 highest grossing anything?

First post-Avengers MCU movie.

>best girl continues to rake in the cash
Again, all this company wars and box office rivalry crap is vaguely bemusing at best. I'm just gleeful that Wondy has seen some mainstream success.

And you can't say that it's not a success, unless you prescribe to the extremely unhealthy way of thinking that says making money isn't enough, that the only measure of success is making ALL the money, ever, in the entire fucking world.

>Warner Bros.
... Oh, right. Well, here in the real world, where money does not, in fact, grow on trees, this movie did fantastically, especially for an overall untested IP that even hardcore fans were afraid was going to be a disaster. Thanks, Patty!

>It's gonna be hilarious when China helps Spiderman absolutely crush this piece of shit
Marvel-fags still triggered. It beat both of your entries this summer. Deal with it.

>skellyjew
>best girl
Sup Forums disgusts me these days

>Domestic

Was IM3 a success?

the current crop of moves are so shit they had to bring back it, spiderman and cars 3. it's like the fucking 1980's again.

It's because basically everything else this summer has been dogshit.

Theaters near me are still playing this and Spider-man
Summer was a mistake.

I'd love to know what theaters are packed with WW patrons because my theater saw the film doing mediocre at best, and stopped showing it after 6 weeks.

Honestly, is it possible for studios to bake the numbers to produce and artificial hit? Everyone perceives WW as a smash hit, increasing interest in future movies?

Jesus Christ marvelfags are paranoid schizophrenics

Domestically which means literally nothing

And any "success" it had will be completely outweighed by the massive bomb that is Justice League while Thor makes over a billiom

Iron man 3 was worst Iron man anyway.
>Iron man was too yellow
>The guy we though was the Mandarin was actually the decoy and the guy who was actually the Mandarin already had a comic book counterpart
>Tony blew up the suits instead of giving them to shield or Avengers members without powers like Hawkeye

More than possible

>muh company made more than your company
Amazing, I'm sorry Marvel and DC are not paying you clowns lmao

IM3 was horrible, WW was decent but neither of them had to make a fraction of what they did for superhero movies to keep being made so it doesn't really matter to me.

Yes, exactly.
WW did great in the US but bad overseas.

Look, I hate Disney and was in constant eye-roll a year or two ago when people were saying Civil War was the greatest superhero movie ever. It wasn't and MCU is spotty at best. I hate the Iron Man franchise.

But Civil War and IM3 are still like $400M ahead of WW overall. Why the fuck does anyone (BoxOfficeMojo included) spotlight domestic US box office only? What is this, 1968 or something?

And by the way, if WW did outdo those Marvel films worldwide, I'd think it was hilarious and awesome. I think it's awesome she wiped the floor with Spidey this year. But her movie didn't surpass the Marvel Disney big boys. It just didn't.

Every poster, every picture, every screenshot, Gadot is making that same goddamn face. She can't fucking act.

Confirmed,

>Why the fuck does any non-mouseketeer (BoxOfficeMojo included) spotlight domestic US box office only?
Fixed.

>IM3 was horrible
It was decent, IM2 is the big disappointment.

While IM2 was a disappointment it have several really good parts, Rourke is really good as Whiplash (to bad writing turn him to shit anyway) and there's good stuff between Tony and Rhodes. IM3 have literally nothing and with Tony instantly building a bazillion new bots it have about as much impact as IM2.

>I think it's awesome she wiped the floor with Spidey this year
It didn't

>Falseflag that will be screemcaped by himself to keep posting these shitty Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums.

Kill yourself.

Unless it pulls in Batman Begins or Dark Knight numbers, then these numbers don't mean shit.

You laugh but I remember when people kept saying how if it didn't beat Deadpool it was a flop. Then they immediately changed to Guardians 2 when it beat DP.

Damn, Wondy still going strong.

>Still haven't seen Wonder Woman
Waiting for it to come out on Redbox or something.
I just can't support the DCEU after they dashed my hopes of improvement with BvS. Man of Steel wasnt perfect but it's better than the combined efforts of BvS, and Suicide Squad.

>Domestic market
>Changed numbers in China
Atleast try

By this point it goes without saying that WW did pretty well at theaters but salty haters keep raising the bar and now say that it has to compare with the highest grossing cape flicks of all time to be considered "worthy". Even if it stopped showing at cinema right now it will still be a remarkable success considering pretty much every other super heroine film in history. WW is already a triumph.

That's nice and all but it wasn't even the best hero movie this year.

ess jay dubba (you)'s

Logan> WW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spidy>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>GotG

>Commercials advertising it coming to DVD soon
>It's still in theaters

user, pls. Diana is absolutely best girl.

I work a theater and besides Dunkirk and Spiderman literally no one cares about movies this summer so it's still in theaters

And that skelly isn't muh diana

The list of the highest grossing movies world wide is fucking embarrassing.