XRA General

in hindsight ive never seen a xra thread on this board, a sign i should lurk more?

Anyway, im somewhat new to xavier renegade angel and feel the need to show it to a friend of mine, hes far from a normie but i feel presenting s1 e1 may still be slightly jarring. thoughts on a good introductory epsiode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
imdb.com/title/tt1132124/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ql_1
twitter.com/williamsstreet,
voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=10322
instagram.com/jimtozzi/
youtu.be/nIrOYb0PkJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I always show people this scene first. If they like it, then they'll like the show. If they don't, then they're a pleb and I'll leave them be.
youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY

>your mom's so shallow, she probably thinks this quip is about her
mmmmm
every time

God this post reeks of Sup Forums.

We're all the same board, in different forms.

So what made Xavier have a resurgence in popularity? It's a brilliant show, but you faggots never so much as mentioned it until maybe two months ago.

>buddy flipping off the camera and peeling out in a sports car in the middle of a tampon commercial

>that episode with the babies
>xavier deep throat kissing that mom with his giant tongue and her slowly rolling her eyes up

This is the last show I expected getting a boner from

Kino:
>S1E2
>S1E8
>S1E10
>S2E1
Great:
>S1E1
>S1E3
>S1E4
>S2E2
>S2E3
>S2E5
>S2E6
Good:
>S1E5
>S1E6
>S2E10
Okay:
>S1E7
>S1E9
>S2E4
>S2E7
>S2E8
>S2E9

see You can thank literally the worst board on the entire site and watch as they inevitably ruin a good thing for the thousandth time.

>Someone talking bad about Rick and Morty
OP, I want to give you a hug.

id go in depth as to why rick and morty could be classified as normie tier as of right now but ill just let yous consider this: simpsons was counter culture at the time of its first season.

ngl, i havent set foot in Sup Forums for years, i just discovered it while drifting through william street shows on youtube, aand then found "op pic related" after i saw the youtube comments talking about "the chad composition" i just assumed it was an old meme but i found this crudely drawn but well thought out jpeg, and thats my life story that i think you were asking about user.

in a surprising(?) turn of events i actually enjoy rick and morty the most when rick and morty are out of the picture, the divorce drama is more engaging than this one bit that roiland's been ad libbing for the last five years, is dan harmon really carrying the show on this one? sorry, this was meant to be an xra thread wasnt it?

>season 2 episode 5
>xavier is from a long line of weirdos who pick a freak they transfer their soul into, each more horrible than the last, one is a straight up eldritch abomination
>they get more and more insane and cause more and more chaos until the world is made of horrible abstract thoughts that worship the xaviers as their messiah

Is this the closest thing this show has to lore?

>Pepe

i feel like the show never wants to give you lore, even going out of its way to hide any logic behind its premise, but it feels like its there. Anything that could be classified as lore would be subjective at best, as anything more would compromise the challenging nature of xra

Does anyone know what xavier's voice actor is up to these days?

Do we even know who his voice actor is?

pic related?

I don't get the second one

watch the ending to popo the preaching gorrilla again
all of the nonsensical events are to eliminated xavier's extra lives 1 by 1

imdb.com/title/tt1132124/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ql_1
lot of VAs under "various characters" but none specifically xavier, hmmm
also hey look who it is, snoop dogg and kristen schaal!

EAT THAT KETCHUP NICE AND GUD

This is a mystery that needs to be solved.
For all we know he could've been an actual crazy hobo they paid to do uncredited work before he vanished into the night

the word "need" is a very powerful one, not one id use in this scenario but yes, i may commit sudoku bye months end if i dont put this question to rest

a lazy search yields a single twitter account under the name williams street twitter.com/williamsstreet, almost definitely abandoned, might not even be an official rep, any other ideas?

/lgbt/? /u/?

ur an idiot, that episode explored the lore of Xavier's fabled mechanical cat

Except this meme started on Facebook and not on Sup Forums

probably one of the guys in PFFR

a lot of the original team have gone their separate ways, ones a writer on the walking dead, some others recently made this thing called gigglefudge, havent looked into it, jon tazi is just still with pffr, does pffr have any relevance today?

been lurking for XRA on here for a while some reason past 2 days have had threads. Its a good show. People usually remember it as that adult swim show they hated when they were a kid.

>General
Come on

>simpsons was counter culture at the time of its first season.

Man. I remember when we were the only kids on the street who were allowed to watch the Simpsons. Our school banned Bart shirts.

im sorry, "xra vs r&m the search for xaviers VA why its such a goodshow and unrelated pics" was a bit of a mouthfull

but nice jojos meme, 'fellow non normie'...

Apparently It's someone named Jim Tozzi: voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=10322

Here's my list. I think all episodes are at least good and rewatchable. You need to see them multiple times anyway to at least try and comprehend it all.

I feel like Season 2 is a slight change in quality, unfortunately for the worse. Xavier talks a lot faster and his voice is way off pitch, too. That doesn't mean it's bereft of great episodes.

Elder God Kino (if only for one scene, holy shit):
>Shakashuri Blowdown (S1EP10)
Kino:
>What Life D-D-Doth (S1E1)
>Chief Beef Loco (S1E2)
>Weapons Grade Life (S1E3)
>World of Hurt, BC (S1E6)
>Signs from Godrilla (S1E9)
>Vibracaust (S2E1)
>El Tornador (S2E4)
>Going Normal (S2E7)
Great:
>The 6th Teat of Good Intentions (S1E4)
>Pet Siouxcide (S1E5)
>Bloodcorn (S1EP7)
>Escape From Squatopian Freedom (S1EP8)
>Free Range Manibalism (S2E3)
>Damnesia Vu (S2E6)
>Braingea's Final Cranny (S2E10)
Good:
>Xavier's Maneuver (S2E2)
>Haunted Tonk (S2E5)
>Kharamabionic Lotion (S2E8)
Outlier (due to being mostly fan-submitted. Still fucking hilarious though. EAT DAT KETCHUP GUD)
>Damnesia You (S2E9)

I wish X:RA wasn't so short-lived, but maybe leaving it at only 20 pieces of mindblowing, beautifully written episodes was for the best.

That's the climax of the season though, poor form imo.

My first episode was the one where he joins a mexican gang. I think it is a good point to start.

Sup Forums is Sup Forums-lite how could it be worse than Sup Forums

There were sporadic threads always, it's had a resurgence because for some reason it's being present as the opposite of Rick and Morty.

haha you sound so fucking neckbeardy it's ridiculous.

Only tards call it "jojo's" it's "JoJo" you fucking philestine.

I'm working on the theory that Xavier, and everything that happens in his world, is a representation of Charles Xavier's own madness that he locked away years ago in the back of his mind.

>virgin is bad
>chad is good
Way to completely miss the point of the meme.
The virgin is supposed to be somebody that is relatable to just about anyone with poor self esteem while the chad is meant to be an unachievable nonsense character who takes being the opposite of said virgin to extreme levels and nobody could possibly relate to.

>Showing them the absolute highlight of the show first
That's dumb nigga. Show them the either the cripple episode or the pilot first, great episodes that show what Xavier has to offer without going too over the top or showing their best cards.

Alternatively show them season 2, which while still very much good never had the same peaks as season 1.

Fucking kek'd

>not finding the chad composition relatable

virgin detected.

Whats hysterical about The Chief is that hes a amalgamation of several different cultures who was probably just a figment created by Xavier's own madness

can't wait til matpat make a theory about it and ruins it for all of us (you)

This scene is so packed that even their first fucking lines are already part of a joke.
>they both think they called first yet neither wants to give their name first

user let me delve into the deepest parts of your brain (not really lmao) to tell you it's just you who thinks that.

your time on /r9k/ and your mild cognitive dysphoria have allowed you to convince yourself that you're so right that your personal views are applied as law, and thus for you, your opinion Is truly the pont of the meme.

while for everyone else the chad is vastly superior to the beta in a non-ironic yet humorous way

Honestly, much like Xavier the virgin/chad charts are sort of just non sequitur with some slim bits of seriousness mixed in. Like, I saw one that's setup was basically "virgin drinks tea out of a mug" and "chad sets up entire tea party with scones and embroidery".

>he wasn't around when the virgin/chad meme birthed
literal hog-ponker

>he doesn't follow Jim Tozzi on IG
instagram.com/jimtozzi/

Dude has a great background with directing music videos and commercials, he's not really involved with PFFR anymore after they became strictly a production company, but the guy deserves credit. I don't have his original Xavier art saved but it's pretty great if you can find it.

That wasn't at all who I imagined behind the voice, but then again I don't really know what I expected for a character like Xavier.

where the fuck is squatopia you pleb

Why does he have a snake for an arm?

TASTE THE PAIN

All I must do is create a diversion, what could distract people who like SPORTS Sports sports...?

Amazing

It's in the great tier, you goose. It's called "Escape from Squatopian Freedom."

hows that goin user?

holy shit, nice meme

This is the original, user. Normal people typically aren't okay with strangers slapping and grabbing them with flailing arms.

>some reason
Sup Forums's contrarianism.

I checked it out for the first time yesterday and it's just another hit or miss random humor from adult swim. Like most of their shows, it's got some funny stuff in there and some pretty dumb shit that keep it from being an actually good show. It's ok.

me and my reddit friends love this meme

Recently finished the fourth episode.
Is this a parody of deep philosophical thought and thinkers, or is there something I'm not getting?

No, that's pretty much right. The only sober response ever gotten from the creators is
>a warning to children and adults about the dangers of spirituality

>the cripple episode
Literal genius writing.
>My dad is a Christian doctor. He heals them through prayer.
>I'd like to see him pray an abortion.

Pretty sure Xavier was voiced by different actors in different interims.

The actor to play Xavier in a certain episode was probably chosen with either a very concise pattern or completely arbitrarily. If there is even a difference

Rick and morty really exposes the insecure brainlets. Its not an intelligent show but the sheer thought of it triggers them to no end and they MUST prove themselves by denouncing it as loudly as they can. Super embarrassing.

Is this the new cartoon for contrarians?

I think it's a few years old by now.

I ship it

Anyone has that video of Phantom Menace clips with xra styled dialog dubbed in?

I don't get the second, nor the ending of the first.

youtu.be/nIrOYb0PkJ8

This show aired from 2007-2009. During this time I was 14 years old, and I watched Adult Swim pretty much every single night. I can not recall a single instance of which I can remember seeing this show. It is very strange for this show to have only surfaced in popularity very recently. This show is written very modernly, almost like it could still very well be airing today. It's very strange that I can not remember a single thing about it beyond re-watching it recently. Does anyone remember watching this show during the timeframe in which it aired?

if you're taking the OP pic seriously you've already lost

Which show is this?

The one in the gif? Seinfeld?

>My dad is a Christian doctor. He heals them through prayer.
>I'd like to see him pray an abortion.
I don't get this joke

For the crippled son?

Thank you

Do you believe in god?

I wanna see this crossover happen.

Good Lord, Rooney is one ugly son of a whore.

That's a complicated question.