Hear about how dark and fucked up this comic is

>Hear about how dark and fucked up this comic is
>Outside of some gore and mentions of rape its not dark or creepy at all
>I guess the part where him and his friends take over the world was kind of messed up but it was hardly scary or fucked up
Why is this so hyped up again?

>Why is this so hyped up again?
Why does a comic have to be over top edgy for you to enjoy it?

It was also pretty boring though.
I guess maybe when it came out the idea of an 'evil' superman hadn't been done much? Because that's clearly what they were going even if it was based around Captain Marvel (I did like that they actually straight up name dropped Captain Marvel as the inspiration)

Literally thought that was Carol at first.

Oh is this that Carol Danvers character?

well his original name was Marvelman...

>Why is this so hyped up again?
Same reason Watchmen is hyped up, Alan Moore.

If it's not Crossed it's baby shit

remaind me, who owns the rights and why is so damm hard to buy it?

Just read Zenith then?

>and why is so damm hard to buy it?

Because Anglos don't reprint.

First, Mick Anglo had the rights. Then Alan Moore took over, who then handed it to Neil Gaiman. But because it was published in the US by some shady comic company, the rights got tangled between Neil and Todd MacFarlane. But then Alan goes "Surprise, I never had the rights in the first place!" And Marvel buys it from Anglo.

>the idea of an 'evil' superman hadn't been done much? Because that's clearly what they were going

No, no it wasnt.

>'evil' superman
What? Also this shit is fire if you can appreciate Moore's style or you have familiarity with Nietzsche but it seems like you are a brainlet, this book is not for you.

Superman as in he's the perfect man / next step in human development. Point is the idea of an all powerful being showing up us normies

The only time it goes really full on dark is the London fight. The rest is unsettling. The world of tomorrow is one where every need is taken care of, everything bad is taken care of and if you die you come back to life in a sweet ass robot body. Such a world would just devolve into meaningless inauthentic hedonism and if anyone would speak out against such a system then they would be seen as ludicrous luddites.

Well yeah, he's the transcendental being that will help humanity transcend itself. That idea was pretty rare in capeshit and even though fags will claim Squadron Supreme did the things that Moore would later do, there are a lot of fundamental difference and Marvelman started before Squadron Supreme.

Miracleman is more than just "Evil Superman." Kid Miracleman is more similar to the idea of a superhero deciding that they need to piss on the ants below. Miracleman is "good" but his definition of good is alien to conventional morality.

>but his definition of good is alien to conventional morality.
Not really? He never actually goes full what the fuck tilt. Even when he takes over the planet he still normal enough to be a dick to Thatcher about it because he (as in moore) disliked her.

I mean literally the worst he does is I guess murder some guards but that could be argued as self defense since they were trying to murder him and steal his kid.
>good things are bad because it would be lazy I guess
Eh

>Miracleman
>Evil Superman

Imagine being this retarded.

see Just the idea that theres a better version of humans out there

Your last sentence is how I felt about it. While I could understand the dissent against Miracleman's utopia somewhat, having his wife go "dude fuck you Miracleman I don't like having free drugs and world peace and shit because it's ungenuine and we didn't earn it" or such what is such a Moore tirade.

Dude what Miracleman does is very much of questionable ethics and morality. What Moore achieves with Miracleman is very much similar to the early to mid 20th century, where dangerous people were introduced to these grand ideologies and they had power to actualize them. Ideology was considered very dangerous post modernist era and Moore himself is very much an ambiguous character as in where he stands when it comes to modernism and postmodernism.

Not really

>Not really
Elaborate.

Jesus Fucking Christ

Sorry but its really boring

The begining and ending were pretty kickass for me, but I just really like KMs character design. The middle was sorta boring aside from Micheal Moran and Gunonzo's deaths. Neil Gaiman's work really ties it in extremely well though.

I enjoy how her charcter design draws from the earlier shit

Marvel owns it atm and they are reprinting the shit now and Neil Gaiman's The Silver Age is still in the works but they want to finish redrawing the Gold Age

I got to the page where he wonders why his wife wouldn't get a new body and stopped reading. Is it worth it to finish?

Alan Moore laid down a decent base but the real creme of the crop came in when Neil Gaiman took over

Hey /miracleman/, what would you do if you could create an army of resurrected celebrity clones?

There's like ten pages left, finish that shit.

>miracleman
>boring
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Not gonna lie, I'd happily worship at the altar of Miraclewoman

Do you think she would let you fuck her if you ask for?

Like 8 issues actually

You can't just ask, you gotta pray or plead or something. It's like Greek god rules.

>I guess maybe when it came out the idea of an 'evil' superman hadn't been done much?
Don't think so, Tim.

That is just Miracleman and his DUDE I AM BEYOND LMAO. She was different.

The third panel ruins it.

Really? The page with his wife sitting at the table and kicking him out of her life? I swear I thought it was the last issue. My bad. Powerful scene. Finish that shit in any case.

Clone Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee, both in their prime and with all of their combat skills and see who wins in a fight.

> I guess the part where him and his friends take over the world was kind of messed up but it was hardly scary or fucked up

After all is set and done that was honestly the best ending they could've gotten in Moores run they basically create a utopian society

>wasting time resurrecting celebrities
>not using SUPER science to make cartoon people real
Nice "god" Moore.

Then hell yeah I'd ask

I think you misunderstand. Miracleman is a reinterpretation of Marvelman, a British comic book created in the 1950s by the UK licensers of Fawcett's Captain Marvel comic.
Their lawsuit with DC lead to the cancellation of Captain Marvel and the British publisher were left without any stories to sell, so they created Marvelman, their own version of Captain Marvel with a science fiction spin.

And Gaiman wants to finish his run.
His continuation does quite an interesting thing and renders the moral discussion in this thread moote since it shows that MM's utopia is quite dark. Not in the Soylent Green way but that it is cold and mechanical and all its wonders are but distractions. It is like the reverse of Gaiman's and Moores personality.

Or is it?

>reading a comic because it's "fucked up"
Your opinion is absolutely worthless

>mentions of rape
pretty sure it's not just mentions

Awful taste, Moore gave us a fantastic wrap up with a legitimately morally ambiguous ending and used the theme of the literal ubermensch fantastically. Gaiman misses the point entirely and focuses on the humans in the regime, the story wasn't bad it just really didn't jive with the themes and ideas that drove the original run.

I can only imagine how shitty the recolor for this is. God, fuck Marvel for jewing the original colorist out of money. These pages were painted, they would have looked fine on glossy paper.

Nah I read it because I found out Moore wrote it but i'd seen pictures and stuff from it before on random threads.

The only way that would be enjoyable is if Ali's arms are as long (or nearly) as Lee's legs. Otherwise it's a bullshit fight

You tied the "hype" directly to the "dark and fucked up" elements of it in OP. Either you can't explain yourself properly or you're some faggot who loves edge for the sake of edge, and either way you're a fucking mongoloid.

I agree.

god the recolor is such shit

This is the restored original though, I'm like 70% sure

Oh nope, there's Alonso's name. This page isn't particularly bad, versus the first few issues where they removed the red orange nuclear coloring for awful photo-realistic bullshit

I'm with Liz in this situation, it would just feel wrong. MW is above and beyond humans, it wouldn't even mean anything to her outside a pity fuck

It went like this
>Decided to read Swamp Thing because I was craving some horror
>Fucking love it and read literally every run of it even the not so great ones because Swampy is my new favorite comic character
>Remember that Moore wrote the best Swampy
>See some stuff about kid marvel killing people and others talking about how fucked up it was
>See someone talking about how great Miraclemans origin was
>See that one panal of it zooming into his eye in a scary / unnerving thread
>Found out that Moore wrote it
>Decided to try it out
>Was mostly bored
Agreed. The human shit afterwords was boring and just made everyone seem like bigger dicks then they were originally shown to be

Who wouldn't?
>the ultimate woman is a short haired babe
Based Totleben

>Gaiman misses the point
You're just autistic. Gaiman has no obligations to follow Moore's inferior writing.

Miracle/Marvel Man is God-tier

These pages always make me kek.

>mentions of rape
But you straight up see it. It's sort of hard to miss, really.

>it is now September 2017
>two years have passed since Gaiman's run was solicited to be begin
what the hell are they waiting for

Jesus fuck those recolors are an abomination I can see why it's funny to you, the originals are much more heartfelt

So if a writer made Superman murder the justice league for shits and become Joker's gay lover you'd call me autistic if I hated that?

They are rewriting everything. Here is Buckingham's interview from August
>“I’m also primarily focused now on getting Miracleman done… having accidentally ignored it for a little while! The problem is, Neil also became a Dad again, and so basically [our children] have been the reason why very little work got done! The good news is that it is coming, Neil and I have been meeting regularly to work on the new scripts together…we’ve made a few interesting changes, so it’s not going to be the exact story we’d intended to tell back in the 80’s and 90’s, we’re now thinking about it in the context of today, and in how the world’s changed.”

>“With Neil, we’ve always had a good friendship and a nice working relationship. In this case, I’m actually co-writing the scripts for Miracleman with him…so what’s happening is we’re meeting from time to time and actually going over our plans for the stories and fleshing everything out. It’s a fun process, and it’s nice to be involved right from the outset on the development of something like this, because the storytelling aspect of it is very important to me. If I’m involved with the plotting and the scripting of the thing, it helps me get a sense of the weight and scale of a story before I sit down to draw it.”

>Lol I have kids so I couldn't do work I was paid to do on a deadline
Imagine if a garbage man tried to use this excuse as to why there was trash all over the streets?

yes, it's called paid family leave and is actually a bit of a contentious issue right now

You don't interact with the real world much, do you.

wow it's almost as if different jobs are different

No, Gaiman got the rights then sold them to Marvel as one big "Fuck you" to Image, who originally formed as one big "Fuck you" to Marvel

Right but the garbage worker would have asked for that paid family leave in advance, they would have filled in for him and there wouldn't be an issue, here Neil just used it as an excuse. You know in advance you're having a kid, the solicitations timeline could have been adjusted, . Also this kid was born 2 years ago, you don't get 2 years of paid family leave, where the fuck is the book? On top of all of this, contracted deadline work doesn't afford you paid family leave, that's salary/hourly shit. The fact is that Gaiman is so much bigger than the big 2 on his own that he can literally do whatever the fuck he wants and they can't say shit, otherwise he leaves them and shits on them.

>The fact is that Gaiman is so much bigger than the big 2 on his own that he can literally do whatever the fuck he wants and they can't say shit
well yes I thought that was understood, I was just having a laugh about your silly comparison

It's undeniably Gaiman being an inconsiderate douchebag, I can't even believe you faggots are defending him. If Gerry Duggan pulled this shit, just blowing off a deadline for 2 years because he had a kid, he would be out on his ass at Marvel, Gaiman is just doing this because he can, he doesn't feel like writing and would rather be with his family, so he is doing that. I don't have an issue with that at all in the abstract, but to just leave the comic in limbo rather than coming out and saying "I'm not writing it right now, sorry" is such a dick move.

>but to just leave the comic in limbo rather than coming out and saying "I'm not writing it right now, sorry" is such a dick move.

artist > corporate overlords

get fucked

So what you think Gaiman is not in the wrong here? You're fine with him being a huge faggot in regards to comics deadlines? Real cool of him to spit on the industry that made him like this, yea.

>but it's okay for Gaiman to take the corporate overlords' money and write for them when he feels like it
>It's okay for Gaiman to fuck over a creator owned company and help a corporation in the same turn, all over a petty feud

Nah, you get fucked

>but it's okay for Gaiman to take the corporate overlords' money and write for them when he feels like it

Absolutely. You don't like it? Fire him. Sue him.

>It's okay for Gaiman to fuck over a creator owned company and help a corporation in the same turn, all over a petty feud

Image? His feud was with Todd, who a) isn't the nicest person himself and b) is an untalented hack and much more of a business man. It's ironic because if one person is in favor of saying fuck you to corporations, it would be Todd. So yeah, fuck him.

Gaiman is the only one acting in favor of art and the public in this story.

Gaiman's feud with Image was how it had turned into a corporate owned publisher that was shitting all over creators just like Marvel within a couple of years.

>the Andy Warhal story

What made it the best issue in the series?

>finally finish the last issue of the original run
>it ends with gay kiss and young marvel noping out
Nope still a boring comic. Also those anons up thread were right and it should have ended here .

Everything after was either boring, pointless or just MM being a fucking asshole like what the fuck was up with the making people climb a tower to talk to him what the fuck its just float down for a second dude jesus why are you suddenly so lazy and why is Miraclewoman the not crazy one now when it was reversed before hand

If it was better than everything that came out previously, then yes.

That's entirely subjective. At least I have a reason for why I think it's worse, whereas you just have "NUH UH IT'S BETTER AND YOU'RE AUTISTIC IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE"

So basically it's fine for Gaiman to be a corporate babby when he feels like it even though corporations are super evil, because you say so; and because Todd is a big meanie it's okay for Gaiman to make Miracleman a corporate IP? God Gaimanfags are so pathetic.

>it's okay for Gaiman to make Miracleman a corporate IP?

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's pretty much Gaiman's fault Marvel owns Miracleman now

Gaiman doesn't grasp the whole german idealism/reaction, probably due to having no familial connection to it. (Same reason he's currently massively fucking up his norse mythology book by having no frame of reference for northern courage or the fact that they weren't modern sheltered londoners in outlook)

How? Marvel paid Anglo for the rights to the character.

why does every commie fucktards always comes up with "muh evil corporation"

>If you don't mindlessly support Disney, the literal poster child for groups of rich soulless cunts, you're a communist

You're a third worlder too judging by your English so it's even funnier.

Because of Gaiman's assmad Image lawsuit

I'm not a communist, I'm calling out that retard who said it's fine for Gaiman to just fuck off from his contracted writing duties for several years because he was contracted to a corporation (here )
Learn to read the thread fucktard

Could DOOM with Prep take on Miracleman?

it's more like Eclipse's fault for never acquiring the Miracleman rights and publishing Gaiman's run illegally