ITT: Shit that makes no damn sense

>ITT: Shit that makes no damn sense

Steven has super strength, speed, durability, and combat training. There is literally NO REASON that Connie should ever be there except to help occasionally and fuse for extra power. Steven should be the one with the damn sword.

Steven is a fucking stupid pussy. If anything, Steven shouldn't be there, Connie should tip out his Gem and eat it to gain his power, Maori-style.

he has no killer instinct, without that everything else is worthless

>he has no killer instinct
>he doesn't know about Steven's rage

Somebody needs to stop him, he's destroyed multiple timelines, himself, killed Bismuth, nearly destroyed Beach City with his fry creation and watermelon atronachs, corrupted Jasper, etc. He's basically the Reverse Flash for kids man.

Rose's sword is big AF and is two-handed for normal kids.

Must be hard to fight on toe slippers.

Fact of the matter is the gems are so OP that anyone with their power that was remotely competent could resolve most if not any problem.
The only reason we have conflict in this series is because of feelings and stupidity and immaturity.

This series isn't based on logic, it's based on emotion.

>muh Achilles heal is emotion we need weaknesses in characters

There comes a point where this kind of incompetence/character flaw just becomes annoying. You have all the power in the world and you still fuck it up anyways gets really old really fast especially when there is little to nobody to call out that bullshit/effectively manipulate events and people without falling into the feelings trap in canon. And when it's a problem with everyone with that power.

I think he still has trauma about that one time he wanted to learn sword play and his kung fool tendecies got Pearl "killed".

you know, like Aang not getting over his fear of messing up his firebending until the last book.

She was vaguely trained by Pearl solely for this argument.

Let me guess, you've never wielded any kind of power in real life or been involved in a social circle outside of your immediate family. Even the world's most brain dead teenager understands that the most basic, fundamental interpersonal relationships are more complicated than this, and the fact you think situations MORE difficult than highschool would somehow be resolved in simpler ways speaks to your stunted emotional and logical immaturity.

People who cry about how "b-b-b-but everyone is so illogical!!" are always shutins who use cartoons to theorycraft how true humans interact, and somehow think that gives them a leg up on the rest of humanity who have practical experience. Go outside and talk to someone you stunted piece of shit.

The point of Steven universe is to make all male characters weak and stupid to make women look strong and intelligent without actually trying

>Calling some else emotionally stunted
>While defending Steven Universe Characters
Excuse me I need a minute

Except for Sucrose's Husbando Greg, who is actually the most competent and justified character there.

Steven is a support class. You don't send your cleric to be Frontline do; that's what the fighter is for. Stevens powers are shield, different shield, healing, other healing, feather fall, and superhuman strength. Note that his strength is only Superior to humans, not necessarily most gems. Steven is also the party face and frequently plays Leader when the party is being disfunctional. You simply do not put this person as your front line dps.

Let me guess you've never wielded the power of the seven chaos emeralds.Even the weakest of presidents understands their power and fundamental priority. You see Ivanka my predecessor held the chaos emeralds and it destroyed him and everyone around him, not me, I'm not that guy. With the the chaos emeralds we will do what no other president could do deport the illegal ROCK PEOPLE.

>Telling someone to go outside and talk to people, in a Steven universe thread on Sup Forums's designated Tumblr complaint board, on a Siamese finger painting website

Steven gave her the sword.
Just so you know.

What did she give him in return?

Pretty sure OP knows this and is pointing out how dumb it is for steven who has powers to give a human the sword. She has no power so how could she ever effectively use the sword.
Steven should use it, not only for logical reasons but also emotional ones too. Its his mother's sword for shits sake. Why wouldnt he want to hold onto an item that connects him to his mother.
Having connie around gem activity is extremely irresponsible on Steven and the crystal gem's part.

So he dumped stats in DEF and LCK?

A blowjob. which she would have given him for free anyways

>I don't want to hurt people, its wrong
>Here Connie, use this sword to hurt people for me

Steven has yet to reach his true potential. Connie will soon become obsolete.

How do you know how strong steven is in comparison to other gems though? Hes never really gone toe to toe with a homeworld gem.

The show also fluxuates his strength alot so who knows what he ca or cant do. For example: steven connie and her dad are trapped in some amusement ride. They all tug at the door and no one can get it open. Stupid unfunny scenario unfolds. Steven is then able to kick the door open and frees them all.
Well if hes strong enough to kick a door open or move a giant boulder on homeworld why the hell couldnt he just pull open the door? Why didnt he kick the door open in the first place?

Lol oh man, that is lame.

>be Steven
>have heirloom sword from dead mother
>one of her last remaining earthly possessions
>give it to gf
>still a virgin

Connie won't become obsolete. Steven would never harm the chalice of his future progeny.

20 bucks says Steven will die before he ever learns what sex is.

>There is literally NO REASON that Connie should ever be there except to help occasionally and fuse for extra power
Thats why shes there you retard. Fusions are a cheap tactic to make weak gems stronger.They managed to beat jasper like that. And even if that was bullshit,it still happened.

It's nice for someone to have your back and she has a different style than Steven does. I don't see the issue.

>Let me guess, you've never wielded any kind of power in real life or been involved in a social circle outside of your immediate family

Actually I have quite a few times and still am. But it's not like I can prove it here so I'll just let you stew in your own assumptions.

>the fact you think situations MORE difficult than highschool would somehow be resolved in simpler ways speaks to your stunted emotional and logical immaturity.

You'd be surprised how not difficult some social and emotional problems actually are if you simply talk them out with people, assess when they can and can't talk, and determine whether or not they are emotionally compromised. Even heavy and traumatizing stuff. Proper networking and understanding people's strengths and weakness so that they don't hurt themselves or other people is an important skill everyone needs to learn. It doesn't always work but that's life. When personal problems overrun a project or get in the way of business things become a mess. You can't necessarily solve personal problems and it's not really your job to depending on who you are but as complicated as these things are there's often a method to the madness.

I obviously can't say that I'm the best socialite, I fail and sometimes I succeed, and I know when there is something I can't handle I brainstorm with other people who are more socially savvy than I am.

But you aren't in any position to throw stones. Especially in a discussion about a fictitious plot with imaginary characters with imaginary problems where, relative to other fictitious works where characters go through even worse circumstances and relationships with much more emotional maturity and better writing, are just incompetent.

Reminder that Pearl was able to disarm both of them in a fraction of a second and any trained fighter that knows what they're doing won't have any problem with them.

First, tl;dr. Second, don't feed the trolls.

>Rose didnt kill Pink after all
>Rose never bother to tell her friends

Rose never told anyone shit. Fuck her.

>Rose
>friends
Cult followers are not considered friends.

>don't feed the trolls
>troll

Eh from what I've seen here it's kinda hard to tell whether this is bait or not.
Regardless might as well practice arguing while I'm on a board of shitposting and arguing.

Steven can't be fucked to remember he has superpowers most of the time, possibly because he didn't have to earn them in any way. If Steven still had the sword he'd probably forget it in his room/Lion rather than actually use it, he has no concept of the value of power or how to leverage it.

Honestly at this point if there was a clip of rose telling everyone the sky was blue people would be right to think she had a hand in making sure it was blue by killing a comrade and not telling anyone.

Don't put RPG in this shitty thread, motherfucker.

>Yellow kills Pink
>makes secret agreement with Rose to leave Earth alone if she takes the fall
>comes back to destroy Earth only when Rose is dead and her secret is safe

probably not though

>there are people that so blind they don't see Yellow Diamond as an obvious red herring that she is

>talk them out with people
fucking this. But thats the flaw with cartoons in general. They cant communicate well enough.

>Steven is gifted with OP mary sue powers but chooses to be a shield against the bad things in the universe, protecting and nurturing and fighting as a last, last resort, instead of an edgelord because he knows that there's nothing worth more than peace and love on the planet earth

I'll take What Is Sup Forums Couldn't Comprehend The Most Obvious Ham-Fisted Message If It Was Slathered In Honey And Served Up On A Silver Platter for 600 Alex

>Being a pathetic limp waisted doormat is protective
>stopping your enemies is edgelord
The state of Modern Morals. I blame Capeshit for this.

You're just proving my point, neckbeard

She is dedicated to the craft, basically like a combat maid. stevens powers are emotion based so he needs someone to watch his back in case they don't work

>he knows that there's nothing worth more than peace and love on the planet earth

In the grand scheme of the universe, the value of life and the earth is nil. I'd love for the earth to eventually die off in SU and destroy that naive view with it, but it's never to be.

It would be interesting to have considered Rose's and the crystal gem's reaction to the end of their earth in millions of years and that everything they fought for was meaningless and only served to destroy themselves/tear themselves apart.

No I'm doing the opposite actually, you just don't realize it because you are so far up your own ass you can see what you ate for breakfast.

It'd think they'd appreciate that it happened at all tbqh. They love the Earth for its everchanging nature afterall

They could have peace if he gave up. Its clear he will fight for his peace even if it hurts other people. What this show needs is for someone to show that conversion does not work on everyone, none of that naruto shit

I Want SU earth to die because every Human on it is a stupid, boring, waste of time and space. The Townies and their "character development" episodes are atrocious, and if the Humans on Earth are too stupid and cowardly to even try to fight back against the invading aliens and just leave it all to the gems, then they really don't deserve to live.

There'd have to be an earth for it to have ever-changing nature.

Think so huh?

I still think fusion causes permanent changes in the parties that fuse.

Think. Connie didn't even think about swordfighting before she fused with Steven. Now she can effortlessly wield a four-foot (if not more) sword made for an alien giantess who could heft several tons. People scoffed when she blocked Topaz' attack. Maybe we should have taken it as presented: Connie is not just a normal human girl anymore.

My point still stands. Even if the Earth died, it existed once upon the time, and they were there to experience it.

You fuckwit. Steven is dumb, but has all the powers and a protective mindset. Shield. Connie has all the smarts and finesse, sword.

When they fuse, Stevonnie makes a single competent warrior with all of their combined traits. Sword and board.

Haven't seen the show, but design-wise this makes sense. The slim, agile character deals out damage while the heavy, passive character shields himself and waits things out. Is that accurate? The fuck is this girl's powers?

Yes, yes, that's the point!

I mean, that's someone certain in their masculinity talking...

>Hes never really gone toe to toe with a homeworld gem.

No... but the Off Colors noted that he was unusually strong. He was stronger than they were, for one. Sure, they probably are Era Two, but still...

Are we related?

If he gave up, everyone would be dead already.

Shut the fuck up you retards. It doesn't matter, it's fiction. All that matters is their cute relationship.

The fuck is this girl's powers?

Nothing. They're letting a human fight against nearly immortal creatures with abilities far beyond a normal human.

Maybe she had a good reason to want the world to think she DID kill Pink. Maybe because she didn't want anyone to know who was the real killer...

It's Pearl.

Kinda agree, except I think it was White, not Yellow, and Yellow keeps mum because she wants to protect Blue who would never accept this.

Nigga it's "Tumblr: the show" there was no common sense from the very start.

Literally nothing. She has no powers. She's just a regular little girl who received a vague amount of training from an alien who, if it weren't for her alien powers, wouldn't be that good of a fighter.

With a weapon specifically made to defeat those creatures.

>I still think fusion causes permanent changes in the parties that fuse.

Well, now that you mention it, everybody that does hetero fusion basically becomes obsessed with it. Ruby and Sapphire won't shut the fuck up about it, Jasper went crazy because of it, Pearl put everyone in danger so she could get another hit of that sweet sweet Georgia brown.

Maybe the Diamonds outlawed it because it's actually the Gem equivalent to black tar heroin and does nothing but ruin lives.

It wouldn't make any sense for her to be the one. She was revealed too early.

I always wonder what happened to people like you. You know, to make you so awful.

>conversion does not work on everyone

It didn't work on Aquamarine. She was all like "Are you pulling my effin' leg mate?"

Being a brown girl in a liberal propaganda show

>I always wonder what happened to people like you. You know, to make you so awful.

It's called living on a shitty part of planet earth. The actual planet earth where everything can't be solved by singing and crying and where Steven's and the gems optimism and trust in people is unwarranted and even dangerous.

>The fuck is this girl's powers?

We're not sure. What we have seen in the show suggests she may be more agile and stronger than a normal human.

Yup. Floating in space among the debris that used to be Earth. I came up with a way for him to save everybody if the Cluster begins to emerge...
Fuse with Lapis and give the entire ocean the same properties as his healing tears.

More likely because it creates unpredictable power sets. The homofusions we have seen were fairly straightforward and did not seem to power up significantly. Five rubies make one giant ruby. Two Topaz' make one bigger Topaz.
But a little Amethyst and a defective Pearl make a powerful warrior who is geometrically larger and stronger than either and gains a new weapon. Aformentioned Amethyst and a fusion between one little Ruby and a non-warrior Sapphire create a giant brute who seems a LOT more powerful than five-fold Ruby. How many gems would it take to create something more dangerous than a Diamond?

I am assuming Fluorite is less powerful because she is Era Two.

Then why do you even watch the show if it upsets you so much, doofus? I watch it because it makes me happy.

I mean, granted, I read 'Temple of the morning wood' which incites homicidal thoughts in me... but you seem to have real-life problems already.

Seriously, "Huh, this could never happen in real life" is a TERRIBLE reason to slag off a fantasy cartoon show.

and then there will be eternal gem peace. my point is that pace itself is never the end-goal and whomever is saying it is, is just feeding you horseshit

I suspect pink omitted suicide

>Then why do you even watch the show if it upsets you so much, doofus?
In a vain hope that someone will kick their shit in and I will get the joy from seeing it or even a more unlikely day when shows actually give out applicable advice that will help me in my shit life.
>"Huh, this could never happen in real life
its just bad writing. Its bad writing in anime and its bad here. show can be uplifting (like that pony show) without being retarded

You're a sad little man. This is not healthy behaviour.

I know but most people are like me and they would like some real solutions instead of "just get endless power by thinking about your friends","let people walk all over you in hopes they will be your friends", "in the end you can always see eye to eye with the people who count"

>most people are like me

Fortunately that is not true.

>But a little Amethyst and a defective Pearl make a powerful warrior who is geometrically larger and stronger than either and gains a new weapon.

...and is also batshit crazy. If heterofusion is allowed, maybe you have an Amethyst and a Pearl having bad days on the commute to work -then suddenly there's a fucking pissed-off Sugilite flossing her asscrack with the 5:10 train to Argon City and punching holes in buildings.

I don't stop watching things because there's one part of the show I disagree with. Just because there's something that really irritates me it shouldn't stop me. My skin has to be thicker than that for personal reasons.

I simply like deconstructing and looking at things from non-optomistic angles because there's a true poetry in that it acknowledges that life isn't sunshine and rainbows. That a moral of a story isn't an objective truth and can be flipped on its head. When an idea is flawed and passed off as gospel it tends to get on my nerves, hence the somewhat inflammatory claim in the beginning.

Nothing is beyond criticism. I can criticize and talk shit about something I watch because that's what media is about; opinions on the world and whether or not they correlate to personal experience and your subjective view of existence.

Okay, mate. But you're most likely just setting yourself for blueballs and disappointment. Just sayin'.

Your right, not many people are as willing to accept the truth as this user is.

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense to watch a show expecting something you know you won't get.

I said in my first post that it was never to be, so therefore I can't have blueballs if I know it won't happen. It's just a frustrated sigh of contempt from a grump in a shithole.

The show is subverting traditional gender roles by giving the sharp phallic object to the girl and the passive, defensive shield to the boy.

Why is this even a problem for you? Do you even know what year it is. Get with the program sweetie.

>GUYS GEMS ARE SUPER DUPER STRONG AND MOVE AT SONIC SPEED
>Fight at almost equal ground with an Indian girl in middle school

Do you live in North America?

actually it is. hell all of china, majority of south and north korea, 75-90% of Russia, etc are all people like me. There are even people in denmark who feel like me.

Who are you quoting?

such is life

Face it connie is a fucking prodigy of the highest degree

>More likely because it creates unpredictable power sets. The homofusions we have seen were fairly straightforward and did not seem to power up significantly. Five rubies make one giant ruby. Two Topaz' make one bigger Topaz.

I figured it was because it undermines the caste system. Five rubies is still a ruby, and still performs the functions of a ruby, and has the status of a ruby. But when a ruby forms with a sapphire, what is that? Is it a soldier or a seer? It is lower class or upper class? It's something made by the gems themselves, not the diamonds, with no preordained place in society. When you have people running around making their own identity and purpose, it subverts the whole system by making everyone think they can just run off and live however they want. Like those weird sex perverts living in birthing holes under Homeworld.

You should ditch the fly-over states and come to California some time. It's nice here.

The Diamonds knew that Rose's autism would one day destroy them, that's why they corrupted all the gems on Earth and left the Cluster to blow up the rest. What they didn't count on was Rose distilling her autism into it's purest form and unleashing it on the galaxy

>he's destroyed multiple timelines

Oh man I forgot about that; sure hope that they come back to that concept.

But it wasn't Rose's Autism that destroyed Pink Diamond. It was Yellow Diamond's lust for power. Even though she's an alien, just looking like a woman allowed the evil of female nature to corrupt her.

>Now she can effortlessly wield a four-foot (if not more) sword made for an alien giantess
Aren't gems armament made form hardened light which makes them super light? Or it's just my headcanon that I've made up to fill plotholes

They're basically magic, so who gives a fuck.

>The fuck is this girl's powers?
So far she's a normal litlle human girl with more mature mindset than an MC (which is not an accomplishment). She received an offscreen training from the alien swordwoman.