Conspiracy Comics

I am a conspiracy buff. No, I don't want to start a thread discussing the various conspiracies, but I would like to ask about any Conspiracy Comic books, other than Deep State, which I have tried before. I'm not looking for strictly real life conspiracy stuff, but anything that explores the concept for comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_South_Korean_political_scandal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Watchmen.

Unthinkable, a miniseries from a few years ago. It is about a think tank of writers, scientists, clergy, and businessmen who are drafted by the government to think of doomsday scenarios. After they are abruptly shut down, 9/11 happens, and almost exactly follows the script they wrote.

I guess I should say that I'm looking for more esoteric reads.

I have read and reread watchmen a dozen times, got anything else?

This sounds interesting. I'll look into it.

The Big Book of Conspiracies
The Big Book of the Unexplained
google "8 goddesses"

*Akbar sense tingles*
Google it is

Wow the stuff you miss when you don't watch the news.

I don't know what "kind" of conspiracy theorist you are, but if you are interested in the more esoteric side of it all then I think the Invisibles would be right up your alley. It explores some of the more "realistic" conspiracies as well, but the focus is definitely on the more out there grand cosmic conspiracies.

People have recommended this too me before, because I'm a huge Morrison-fag. I will definitely have to look into it at this point.

That shit wasn't in the news though

Dude you love Morrison and haven't read the Invisibles? Holy shit you need to get on it right now. It is the purest example of what Grant believes and it is his most personal and spiritual work. You can't really understand Morrison's work until you've read the Invisibles, the Filth and Flex Mentallo back to back.

Wtf, something that big wasn't in the news? Why wouldn't it be?

it wasn't in the news, total media blackout in the west

take a guess, dumbass

The ongoing Wildstorm ongoing series is all about the 'secret world' and the conspiracies running the show. Currently the conspiracy which runs the world is scrambling to eliminate one of their engineers who used Supertech the public shouldnt know exists to save a man the conspiracy was having assassinated in the middle of Time Square. And alongside that said tech was stolen from the conspiracy which controls 'near' Space, violating their peace agreement.

I've read Flex mentallo and filth, but I've never had a good chance to read invisibles.

Flex is probably my second favorite cape book, next to ASSuperman. I can't get over the gospel according to Lex.

It wasn't in the American news very much but this was a huge scandal in South Korea and was all over everything. There were huge protests in Seoul, numerous arrests, and the president of South Korea was impeached, convicted and removed from office.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_South_Korean_political_scandal

I realize that most of Sup Forums is American, but just because something isn't on CNN or Fox doesn't mean it didn't get covered.

You would think someone from secondary media outlets at least, would have reported something. But, point taken.

It was in the news, I know I heard at least a little bit about it in American news. Obviously they didn't go into much detail as it would have required diving deep into the political culture and structure of South Korea, but it was covered enough for people to grasp the basics of "South Korean president, cult, scandal, impeachment".

Yeah I'm speaking from American news standpoint. Still sounds like something politico should have been on at least. Your right though, it's more about geography than anything.

I picked up the first 3-4 issues of this, then I had to stop buying comics off the rack. When the trades drop I'll check back in on it. Has the second series they talked about launched, yet? Or is it gonna get tanked?

I know I heard it being discussed on NPR a handful of times.

>politico
>NPR

Duly noted
Let's get back to discussing comics.

Superhero comics are Jewish propaganda, this is a real conspiracy.

Yet to release.

It was in gook news, obviously it wasn't in american news because most americans can't point to south korea on a map.

I'll cross my fingers. I was really interested in a full connected windstorm universe again, but I was never sure about an audience for it.

because Americans don't care about Worst Korea

It was here on the news in the Netherlands, American news is garbage.