Recommends Robert Downey Jr. for role of Iron Man

>recommends Robert Downey Jr. for role of Iron Man
>Robert Downey Jr. doesn't defend him when contract shit kicks him out

Manletman is an overpaid shit, not really news

>contract shit kicks him out
I thought he tried to demand more money.

I mean, he's leading on Empire now so it's not like his career was destroyed.

It's less that he demanded more money and more that when they put together Iron Man, Howard signed on early and basically got to name his price. He was the highest paid actor for Iron Man. This was before they cast any other big names and by the time they did, it was too late to renegotiate Howard's pay.

So Iron Man 2 comes out and he no longer has that advantage of signing on early. So without that, they offer him a lot less and either he walks or he tried to haggle and lost.

Plus I kinda heard he was kind of a dick on set and didn't handle very well that Robert Downey Jr became the break out star that everyone was talking about. So he rubbed a lot of the people like the director and crew the wrong way.

Don't know if that's true, but pretty much every deleted scene is a Rhodey scene, like they intentionally wanted to take him out of the movie as much as possible.

He thought he could negotiate it all himself, but he's a fucking retard. RDJ actually did make Marvel renegotiate the contracts for everyone and got a much higher wage for all the actors. Evans would be making a quarter of what he is now without RDJ

I guess he only looks out for white people. Democrats really are the real racist party

There is an argument for this dude being fucking insane, not even joking.

But this

>I kinda heard he was kind of a dick on set and didn't handle very well that Robert Downey Jr became the break out star that everyone was talking about.

Is fucking ridiculous. He got upset because the guy in the starring role became popular? Get fucking real. He was upset because he made this deal with Marvel when they were fucking nothing. He backed a gut that few people had faith in and it turned out to be a huge success and he wanted "his due".

This is coming off Hustle and Flow Terrance Howard, doing a Iron Man movie. Let's not kid ourselves Iron Man was not a well known character. Him, at the point he was in his career, being a part of that movie was big help. RDJ turned out to be a great asset. And that was at his suggestion. And when that shit paid off he felt like he deserved more.

And in Marvels defense, It was pay their lead actor a shitload more or sidekick. And they chose to keep RDJ happy. But that role probably wouldn't be his if it wasn't for Howard.

>Terrence Howard returns as Rhodey
>Don Cheadle was a skrull

wow...you have been on Sup Forums too much

Considering the star power Terrance Howard had it shouldn't be a surprise he wanted and deserved more money. And from what we saw before Avengers 2 came out, Disney can be cheap with paying actors.

Of course RDJ had everyone's back in that case.

>wow...you have been on Sup Forums too much
Not too much though. He seems to be able to form coherent sentences, spell & there's not one bit of caps lock in that post.

>Tony wanted to say Rhodey looked different since IM2 but he didn't want to sound racist

>And that was at his suggestion.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. He might've been vocal about it due to Marvel's initial reluctance but he wasn't the sole driving force behind RDJ's casting.

So what? If he's such a fucking diva on the set, it's easier to cut your losses on the guy. In the end, no one cared when Don Cheadle replaced him, so Terrence can get fucked.

Cheadle's a better actor but Howard is more marketable.

Not even talking about the lighter skin color but helps, too.

It's racist to ask, but do you think people didn't give a shit because a black actor was replaced with a blacker actor?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of Terrance Howard that RDJ was cast, if I remember correctly, Marvel really wanted Tom Cruise or someone else along those lines, but Favreau greatly insisted RDJ do it better than anyone else because he fit the script he had, and they'd have to pay out less because it's RDJ and not Tom Cruise. Marvel resisted because RDJ is Party Too Hardy Marty and shit, but eventually they let Favreau try to prove he was great, and he was.

I think anyway.

Absolute bullshit and based completely on your own, clear, enjoyment of both hustle & flow as well as empire.

Cheadle is a fucking G. And he's been a much bigger and many more large films than fucking Terrence raspy ass Howard lol.

He was a prima Donna or his agent advised him...poorly.

>yeah dude you should pbbbbttttotally demand more money
>yeah dude no i know you shouldve pffffttttbeen nominated for your 5 minutes of screen time in Ray
>yeah totally good luck im right behind you

But Ike said they all lookalike.

yeah, I honestly am barely aware of what Howard has done, but Cheadle has done some fucking amazing stuff. he's quite a bit more known. maybe they might have been leery on him in the past though cause a lot of his roles have been very adult

It was great that they did. People like to bitch about RDJ but he really is perfectly cast as Tony Stark.

>recommends Robert Downey Jr. for role of Iron Man

[citation needed]

Nope.

Tom Cruise was attached to an earlier, completely different version of the project being developed by New Line Cinema, which would've been directed by Nick Cassevetes and also star Jamie Foxx as Rhodes, Famke Janssen as Bethany Cabe and George Clooney as Nick Fury. It never got off the ground and the rights ended up back with Marvel.

For MCU's Iron Man it came down to RDJ or Sam Rockwell, and Favreau liked Rockwell enough to get him in as Justin Hammer in the sequel.

>Disney
Perlmutter user, we already learn this after the whole Civil War thing between him and Feige

I'll say it, who?

People knew who RDJ was. He'd been a pop culture icon/joke since the 80's.

Howard at this point really only had Crash which was the big Oscar pusher and a big ensemble a few years before.

Not sure what you expected from a junkie Jew that spent so many years getting raped in prison.

It's really not. This Downey's like 4th or 5th chance. He was a great actor always has been but he was coming back from shit that made Lindsey Lohan look like girl scout. Years of drug abuse and relapses and fucking over movie schedules and bad publicity because he was on drugs and breaking into peoples houses... I think weapons charges were somewhere in there at some point. He was a great talent but no one was willing to give him a shot at the time. Howard was the one that spoke up for him. Iron Man was RDJ's comeback role. He wasn't muddling over offers, he was as close to a pariah as it gets. Marvel left alone, was more than likely not going to take that chance on him. they couldn't afford it.

I don't remember any accusations of him being a diva on set until they were gearing up for Iron Man 2 and they were looking for excuses to get rid of him. And that's because he was demanding more money. Whatever the issues were with him on set no one mentioned anything until after they casted Cheadle. This decision was simply about money. And shitting on Howard was something that saved them face.

I can believe they kicked him out for being a diva.

They did that to Ed Norton, and he was a lead character.

The truth is he used to talk about his domestic abuse situations with his wife and that made both RDJ and Favreau. Thats the real reason he was kicked off.

I worked on a music doc he was in, he was constantly high on set and rambling about Iron Man's success and how much he hated his wife, who divorced him.

Believe me or don't, I don't really give a shit. All I offer is this still that you won't find online to back up my claim.

Mostly unrelated, but one of my film teachers from school worked on the last music video Tupac ever did.

Technically he didn't do much due to getting shafted by internal politics, but he was there.

That was forI could have sworn i linked it properly, oh well

He's black