THIS is what General Grievous should've been, not the weak ass shit we got in Revenge of the Shit

THIS is what General Grievous should've been, not the weak ass shit we got in Revenge of the Shit.

Okay for real-
I was completely let down but his execution in the movie after seeing this. Completely thought they would have him be like this but fucks sake this show literally set my standard too high for the movie.

Haven't seen this for a while. Feeling nostalgic Shit Wars?

>CG General Grievous breakdancing during his fight with Kenobi
Lol nope

Genndy's Clone Wars > Clone Wars starring Poochie

THIS is what General Grievous should've been, not the weak ass shit we got in Genndy's Star Wars: The Shit Wars.

Grevious in clone wars was scart as hell.

fuck yes

>That guy survives an encounter with Grievous
>Gets shot down by Clones

Feels bad, man.

Get fucked Genndyfag.

So liking competent villains makes you a genndyfag?

Being over-the-top """badass""" is not competent.

the EU had more fucked up wackier shit that makes Genndy look tame in comparison

>people like this 2 hour mindless action scene

Neither is making a brand new midquel released years after the story is finished.

Fuck a doodle doo, RotS Grevious is the way he is because of the events of Clone Wars. Did you fuckers not actually watch the cartoon? Do you not understand the concept of continuity.

Genndy's clone wars is so fucking hard to sit through because I cannot get invested in what is happening due to the lack of characters to care about

Either the character is someone we know makes it out okay because they are in the next movie, or literal whos that can die and no one would care because we don't know them

The whole reason General grievous "sucked" or "got nerfed" in the revenge of the smith film and future CGI series was because grievous character was still being developed for the movie while genndy ALREADY had a depiction of him in clone wars. Genndy's idea of grievous was for him to be a bad ass, killing machine like darth Vader while the movie makers invisioned him as being more of a cunning cowardice

Thanks to the CGI Clone wars, that's not the case anymore. In the cgi clone wars, he is portrayed as being garbage long before Mace smashed him like a Pepsi can.

I'm sad not a single fight in Samurai Jack's last season was as hype as either of Grievous' fights.

>Sup Forums likes this

For all you fucks go on about character development and writing, I am pretty sure that is all a façade when I see what Sup Forums likes

You people like things that either A: Have well animated but mindless action scenes or B: Involve waifus or shipping. This falls into category A

You guys go all on about all the writing terms but like things that are just action scenes or waifus

This entire website thrives on being that "Smarter than the plebs" contrarian, as soon as anything has great commercial or critical success then this place hates it. But as soon as the media singles keys in you face or has a cute girl then you fucks fall for it every time.

And I'm not even specifically talking about this board, all board are like this

I don't know why I come here honestly

I like how Genndyfags think the canon show is "incompetent" because it does not have DBZ style fights every 5 minutes.

Even in the comics Grievious is OP as fuck.

I dearly hope this is pasta, because you know the OP is also bait pasta which must be getting on for a half decade old, right?

I love seeing people trying to defend the cowardly, jobbing Grievous, when it was pretty much only George Lucas that wanted him to be that way.

The people that actually designed Grievous, and came up with his backstory and escapades in the comics knew that having a cyborg general that collects lightsabers should be threatening.

Whenever Grievous was on the screen in CGI Clone Wars I couldn't care less because I know he's going to be pathetic. Even if Genndy's Grievous was over the top, at least there was some tension because he actually poses a threat.

From what I understand the reason why he sucks in the movie is that during the kidnapping of Sheev Mace Windu nearly force crushed his organ sack

Let's assume Grievous was the same as he was in the 03 clone wars

Would Kenobi actually been capable of beating him?

OP is right

you can be a cunning coward and still be a killing machine when cornered. you forget that grievous usually killed the padawans first as any predator worth their salt would do because they're an easy target and their deaths would demoralize the jedi masters which are a respectable threat to him

the problem is is that that's not canon anymore so it isn't really a valid explanation. And what's canon as that he's shit before ROTS and during ROTS because of TCW cartoon

Nah he was alright in the movie with his fight with Obi, even if it could've been a little bit longer/obi win in a more creative way, it's how he jobs in most other scenes.

>shit
He fucked the hell out of kit fisto and his apprentice, massacred the night sisters, out maneuvered Anakin, captured Eath Koth and outsmarted 2 jedi masters and a knight.
Y'all need to learn there is more to battle than brute strength.

You're 10 years too late to be discussing this now, OP.

>He is still better than most Jedi in TCW
>Sup Forums thinks he is incompetent because he isn't killing whole armies without thinking about it

I want Genndyfags to leave

They should have went with spray bottle grievous.

Kenobi is the most defensive lightsaber duelist in the series, he's really the only one capable of defeating grievous without using copious amounts of force ability. (This is also why obi-wan gets his shit thrown around by dooku. Dooku just says fuckit and throws him with the force rather than fight him.)

>you can be a cunning coward and still be a killing machine when cornered

He's literally like that in the show, though. He kills a bunch of people in the series, including Jedi knights and Nightsisters.

Exactly, Genndy's Clone Wars is basically an anime version of what actually happened.
It's cool as hell to watch, but it's an overly exagerated version of everything and everyone.

What? No.

I don't know how old all you guys are but back when the movie was in production (2004) it was directly stated that they literally were not able to pull off a fully cg capoeira Grievous with technology being what it was back then. Capoeira/Gendy Grievous was definetely the plan up until that point. That's why he is a complete badass doing capoeira with all four limbs and jet boosters in Labyrinth of Evil which was meant to lead right into Episode 3. The chest crushing and cowardly grievous in III were last minute decisions. Yeah, the last episode of Gendy Clone Wars did the chest crushing thing. But people should stop acting like cowardly Grievous was always the plan and Gendy stuff is just some DBZ-tier elseworld that was never going to happen.

Yes, the one hour lightsaber fight on Mustafar was a lot better.

I agree
But if you post something to /swco/ that says otherwise, you literally be banned.
Try it
Go post on /swco/ that Genndywars Grievous is better.
Banned.

Sup Forums, particularly /swco/ seems to hate genndy wars, probably because normies overhype it too much

/swco/ is a bunch of sad 40 year olds who hug TPM like a babydoll and hate everyone who says it isn't a good movie
Go and try to say shit against it
You'll be banned
It's a sad circle jerk
Not even.
It's a sad mono-opinion gulag.
I LOVE THE PREQUELS
GOD BLESS GEORGE LUCAS
NEVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT GEORGE

Go and tryto doubt the PT
BANNED

Star Wars hater here. The cartoon Jedi were pretty much anime ridiculous, and Grevious had to be over the top to match it.

Star Wars is shit.

I find it funny how one of the main criticisms of the prequels is that there is so much thrown on screen that you can't comprehend it all. And then this show turns that up to beyond 11 and the people who made that complaint love it

INB4
>/swco/

/swco/ is a fucking hugeass circlejerk that shouldn't even exist

TCW is great, Rebels is shit and the Prequels are shit

GenndyWars was at least exciting
AotC was not
It was autistic Anakin forcing his love on Padme
And the galaxy's worst detective Obi-wan blundering his way to a solution only because George forced him

Sounds like you're a beta. Do you self insert as a nerd in cartoons? Do competent characters offend you?

You can't be banned from a thread retard.

I was more disappointed in TCW Grievous. It was clear people were disappointed by him in the movie and they had the chance to take a happy medium between the lame movie version and the overpowered Genndy version. Instead they just turned up the ineffective saturday morning cartoon villain aspect of him.

>Writing is the only thing to judge quality of a cartoon on
You're a fucking moron. There's more to what makes something good than good writing, action scenes, and waifus. In Clone Wars case it makes up for weak writing with immensely powerful atmosphere. Genndy gets shit now due to Samurai Jack's ending, but the man knows how to frame shots and use sound.

>Omae wa mou shinderu!

I remember seeing a behind-the-scenes video on the creation of Grievous, and I think Lucas actually asked the artists to come up with something "threatening". Or something along those lines. So I'm not sure why he changed his mind during the actual movie.

>2 hour mindless action scene
At least watch what you mindlessly 'criticize', dumbass

epic. simply epic.

how do filloni's balls taste again?

I LOVED THE PART WHERE THEY BLASTED THOSE DRIODS

LASER BLAST NUMBER 739587203895789709 WAS GREAT BUT I THINK BLAST 32072309840274 WAS BETTER

Shit taste
Blast number 6784656688558854 was objectively the best

Maybe you shouldn't be a faggot with an objectively shit opinion.

What's with the sudden influx of Genndy Grievous posting? Judging by the one guy freaking out I'm guessing he got into a shitflinging contest in /swco/ and is butthurt their circlejerk is different than the one he's used to, but I'm open to alternate theories

This was how Jedi should've been portrayed though.

They have fucking super powers with virtually no limits. There's literally no reason they should've be doing all the stuff we saw them do in this series.

one of my favorite scenes

>implying Disney Wars doesn't have just as wacky shit already
Inter-dimensional jellyfish and crab Maul say hi.

If watching the first season of this has taught me anything, those gungans probably defeat him there.

He actually has the upper hand and kills a named character(Tarpals from TPM) but Tarpals uses the last of his strength to drive a spear up through his armor and weaken him enough for the other Gungans to disable him

yeah fuck /swco/ for not hating the prequels and rebels, and not thinking gennedywars is better than TCW, why the fuck would a star wars general not hate star wars as much as i do, truly a circlejerk

I think this is why people like Genndy's Grievous more. I'm supposed to believe that this General Grievous is a huge threat to anyone? Let alone any individual Jedi Master? I like thinking of Grievous as a new threat that takes the Jedi by surprise and can contend with the very best of them, two or three of the very best of them at Grievous' peak.
This just feels underpowered, like Grievous isn't a threat at all. Savage Oppress kills more people onscreen in Clone Wars than Grievous does.

>rebels

The only reason they don't hate Rebels is because Hat Man is still the showrunner, it could be the exact same show and have a Disney guy as lead and they'd call it worse then AIDS like everything else made in the Disney era.

Instead of blanket hating the prequels, they blanket hate anything made by Disney. It's not somehow better.

>waahhh why doesn't grievous just magically kill every single one of them with one lightsaber swing

Grievous kills plenty of people onscreen

A highly trained augmented super-soldier with four arms and laser swords that can use his feet for hands should not ever give up the upper hand to fucking gungans with spears. He's supposed to be fucking dangerous, yet they can't seem to decide whether or not he's actually good at killing shit. I'm not saying he needs to be breakdancing around looking like a living rave but fuck man he should be more threatening in general.

/swco/ loves rogue one and most people have come to accept TFA to the point where there is no use complaining about it anymore, and most people are hopeful for TLJ, there are alot of anti-disney autists who come to shit up the thread by copy and pasting things from Sup Forums, but everyone knows that disney doesn't make star wars anyway they are just the parent company that owns lucasfilm.

>grevious kills a lot of jedi throughout TCW
>It takes masters to match him
>It isn't enough because he isn't slaughtering whole armies with ease

Grievous gets fucking beaten 1v1 by Anakin's apprentice in 3D Clone Wars.

fuck off hack apologist

grievous is a jobbing qtpie and nothing more

>people still sucking off Genndy even after the Samurai Jack season 5 dissapointment

Grievous is supposed to be dangerous, not some unstoppable uber badass.

Yes he's a cybernetic warrior but that doesn't mean he can just fight off an entire army without breaking a sweat. It makes perfect sense that Tarpals stabbing a pike through him would make him vulnerable to being disabled and captured.

He is plenty threatening, he's just realistic. Unlike Genndy Grievous who somehow takes on 5 Jedi Masters, a Jedi Knight, and a Padawan.

No he doesn't. The first time they meet Ahsoka is on the run the entire time and barely escapes

the second time(when Ahsoka's much more skilled and everything) she still barely escapes and isn't really a match for him

I came here to say this. I only really got into Star Wars this year through TCW so I didn't have much of a bias and while watching it I found Grievous as threatening as you can possibly make a villain who's only ever pitted against protagonists with such thick plot armor you may as well place all your suspense and worry into your favorite villains and troopers on the show.
He really only jobs just as much as the rest. Hell, he has a higher kill count on screen than Ventress if I remember correctly.
That didn't happen.

>it takes a jedi master, a jedi knight and a team of clones to beat grevious in TCW
>people cry about this

lol

Does Grievous stop being a clowny jobber after season 2 or something because that's how fucking far I am and I don't see anything you guys are talking about being true. Maybe I am bias because Genndy's Grievous was so over the top, but so far from what I've seen he's a fucking wuss.

He never becomes a ninja like Gendys but yes, they do make him more serious as the show progresses.

some people are too easily impressed by how unrealistic GenndyWars is and think that all star wars should be as flashy and monotone as it is

they're mad that Genndy's random guess at Grievous based on the final concept art isn't how the character actually was

Kek

>some people are too easily impressed by how unrealistic GenndyWars is and think that all star wars should be as flashy and monotone as it is

That's a nice strawman you've got there, shame if something happened to it.

>they're mad that Genndy's random guess at Grievous based on the final concept art isn't how the character actually was

Well if the character we got was as good as Genndy version was, then there wouldn't be a problem.

This is the Mr. Freeze argument all over again. You faggots do the "YOU JUST WANT TIMMVERSE FREEZE OVER AGAIN" every time they keep fucking him up, as though somehow expecting any level of quality to the character is tantamount to wanting a 1:1 replication of another version.

>overpowered shit
Yeah, no. This would make a killer game though.

>That's a nice strawman you've got there, shame if something happened to it.
It's objectively true, though.

>Well if the character we got was as good as Genndy version was, then there wouldn't be a problem.
No, people would then bitch about how Grevious was an overpowered one dimensional villain. Since he's basically unstoppable, people would just compare him to every other bad guy in the franchise, just like how people hated Starkiller.

>It's objectively true, though.

Just keep building that strawman, maybe you'll be able to burn Nic Cage in it if it grows large enough.

>No, people would then bitch about how Grevious was an overpowered one dimensional villain

Again, it didn't need to be a 1:1. But it could have been something better then useless Dracula robot.

Stop being a faggot.
That scene is retarded.

They could have just killed him right then and there.

Some villain.

I love these threads. You can always tell so easily who the actual star wars fans are and who the faggots that came from tumblr because they liked the 3D show's strong female characters are

>implying Gendy shills are the "true" Star Wars fans
Oh fuck off.

but force powers and mind control are exaggerated by nature

and then Padme assures that he dies in vain by trading grievous back for anakin, thus perpetuating the entire war

Problem with reality, tumblr?
As usual.

t.women

But Anakin is the Chosen One, and thus is inherently more valuable than the entirety of his 'side' and allies combined!

And also by effective definition, unkillable and un-definitively-beatable, thus making any trade or concern for his well-being and safety pointless

And people actually prefer the 2D cartoon to the 3D one kek

>Sup Forums, particularly /swco/ seems to hate genndy wars
Not really, people here praised Genndy to no end before this year's Samurai Jack scandal

A general thread sucks, who would have guessed?

>N-Nani?!

surely being an actual star wars fan is determined by how much star wars you like, you might have better taste but if you only like some cartoon from the 2003 but that doesn't make you more of a star wars fan, at any rate that's all hypothetical and the 3D shows are far superior due to the medium allowing the emulation of live action thus making them tonally in line with the films.

>grevious losing to gungans
So glad I never saw this shit
>BUT MUH BASED PABLO
STFU , the animation is jerky, the designs simplified shit, the fights horrible and I honestly don't give a shit about the characters
>But user! I only watch frozen so for me CGI animated star wars is like, super darkz and shit
Having a villian being threathening every 40 episodes is not "dark" or "mature" , and this is fucking star wars so it doesn't have to be , but stop pretending it is.

CGI star wars ruined the franchise