Dumbing of age. Doa

Obligatory strip drop.

I hate her but dat ass tho.

I don't understand how a Filipino person can even get that fat eating fish and chicken feet.

I know she's supposed to be considered obnoxious but I just can't bring myself to hate Lucy.

Lucy dindu nuffin she a good girl.
All yo depraved hoes can't stand the purity of her love.

>Sal, I'm guessing you know Malaya?
I would've used "her" instead of Malaya's name. The way this is written makes it seem more like they know each other, but this sequence is Billie's first appearances with Malaya.

Or maybe they do know each other and it's a reveal that's upcoming.

I think she's just supposed to be nice, Malaya (and Marcie) just treat her poorly.

Lucy's terrible. She basically exists to be the "I'm such a nerd tee hee" style character whose knowledge of comics and shit comes solely from outside mediums that she then impresses upon the comics themselves.

She's the type of person who'd be writing columns for ComicsAlliance.

After Shortpacked I can.

What did that other user say about Malaya not actually being as abrasive as she was made out to be, and that if Willis were to portray her as a straight up bitch then he'd be doing a disservice to her and himself?

Because two strips into Malaya's reintroduction, I see that she's dead. I also have a feeling this is all we're gonna get for the next two or three days.

I feel like something happened and characters who weren't in the forefront for the past five years got Flanderized, and now that Willis has run out of new characters he feels the need to bring back these old characters but with their flat personalities.

That was me, and between Malaya and Lucy I've got no idea what the hell is going on anymore. I am genuinely stumped on who we are meant to sympathize with in this strip.

I'm not sure he's going for sympathy. Just showing us what kind of person Malaya is.

She is aggressively harmless. I don't have an issue with her. The main point is that Malaya hates happiness.

I've hated Malaya ever since Shortpacked, why does she torment me so?

I think half the problem is that there's hardly anybody in the strip, or at least these recent strips, to sympathize with.

Every day, this strip's cast of characters becomes more and more like a modern horror movie where nobody's likeable and everyone dies.

>The main point is that Malaya hates

Just leave it there.
She's an evil being of pure malevolence. She is nought but hate.

Except for the part where Willis refuses to kill anyone. So the characters become less likable over time, snowballing into the Valley of Awfulness with no sign of stopping.

>the part where Willis refuses to kill anyone.
That wouldn't be a problem if this was anything close to a normal college setting with super hero battles and recurring villains.

Malaya does not have a traditional diet. There used to be a recurring gag in Shortpacked where Malaya would bloat up eating fried chicken dipped in mayo any time she became convinced her looks didn't matter.

Malaya is Filipino? No wonder. Filipino chicks are SHITTY human beings.

Willis might want to stick with the eternal freshman year concept then, otherwise he's going to need to start drawing Malaya getting fat.

user, please. Women don't get fat. Only the representations of people Willis doesn't like are fat.

You'd think Willis could score some points with the body-positivity crowd with a fat chick. It's a pretty easy to please segment.

She only started getting fat because her metabolism slowed down in Shortpacked. And she exercises regularly in Doa. So yeah, she'll stay that weight forever.

And that eating garbage thing happened because of the double whammy of the slowed metabolism and Ultra Car(la) not caring about her physical appearance. So she started eating whatever. And then Ultra Car(la) got mad cause she was afraid it would damage her health and she'd get less years with her. So she stopped.

I beg to differ. No matter how he incorporates it, it won't be enough.

>every time this happens y'all are jumping up and down about how revolutionary something is.
>3X
>Jumping
HA HA HA HA

> waah my "All inclusive" club has to make sound and financially reasonable concessions and it is not I, the 5th standard deviation from the norm who is being confrontational and completely unreasonable at all levels
Never change, literally every crying bitch ever.

4+XL aren't commonly available sizes, they're mostly restricted to specialty retailers, and the store in question is a thrift store which relies entirely on donations. Or they could just by men's clothing, a women's 2XL is roughly equivalent to a generously cut men's L or regular XL. Fuck, a size 5XL would be something like a 50 inch waist.

You ain't gonna look like a pixie with men's clothing.

above 250 pounds fat men and fat women are shaped identically.

Fuck off Willis.

When you're running over 3XL you're not getting flattering clothing either way.

You know this and I know this, but they don't seem too.
>not pixie shaped, bitches about not getting called a pixie on advertisement

They are delusional. They want to remove any sense of meaning from words. They want there to be no limits to any descriptor, to satisfy their ego. They do not want to work for it. They do not want to earn it. In some cases, they want things they couldn't have, even if they were only 100lbs. Instead, they just want it. If I want to look like a guy from 300, I have to work for it. I can't just say that I'm a Spartan. Alternatively, if I'm a short hairy Turk, I'm not going to be called elven looking anytime soon. They just want to remove all definitions from words,. Words have no meaning, which is why they can come up with bullshit like HAES.
The only thing that has meaning is food.

they're challenging gender boundaries! How subersive and brave!

I think Willis had every INTENT was to make his characters sympathetic. At least in HIS mind.

But this is Willis' mind we're talking about. And it doesn't work like a sane, logical person.

I think you're onto something there. The more people don't like certain characters, the more he tinkers with how they act and how often they show up.

I'm just glad Beckygeddon calmed down.

He probably thinks Amber and Billie are enough. I wonder if Billie noticed that she doubled in size overnight.

Had a girlfriend named Lucy that I met in college. She was not comfortable around her roommate that much cuz guys came in every now and then to bone the chick.