No kill policy

So how far does Bats no kill thing go? I know he's broken it with Ra's in begins and kgbeast that one time.

Is he ok with killing or brutalizing undead enemies? using lethal force on invulnerable or regenerating enemies?

How about other capes? When has spider-man snapped and almost killed someone?

Spider-Man is Marvel and Batman is DC

I thought I'd point this out before you have 100 people calling you a retard for it.

Spider-man kills. He will do it in a heart beat if you mess with his love ones.

Oh I read it as "What if Spider-Man went crazy and Batman had to kill him" maybe I'm the retard

Batman is forever going to base his entire outlook on life on the night his parents died.

"Oh shit if I kill this mass murdering psycho, what if his kid gets sad and decides to become exactly what I am?!"

There's a reason the majority of his Robin's don't have parents.

Depends on the version.

Nolan Batman has the best interpretation of the rule. He won't kill thugs when it's at all avoidable, but he feels no obligation to save mass murderers from accidents or their own actions, and when forced to choose between letting an innocent die or killing an armed murderer, he'll kill the murderer. He killed Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face, Talia Al Ghul, and her driver outright.

Golden Age Bats didn't care usually and killed a bunch of criminals.

DCEU Bats is in a similar boat, kills criminals all the time even if his first option is to incapacitate and arrest them instead (that's why Deadshot and Harley are still alive, but KGBeast isn't).

Silver Age to Modern Age comics Bats varies depending on author. But the most common depiction is that he's an utter retard who considers any lethal force in any circumstance unacceptable and will violently assault anyone trying to kill e.g. the Joker. He's literally brought the Joker back to life more than once and let innocents die to keep the Joker alive.

Injustice Bats is somehow even more retarded; he called Superman a monster for killing fucking non-sapient Parademons plus their leader Kalibak who had murdered millions and was trying to conquer the Earth in a war (after Batman threw street-level heroes to their deaths against millions of Parademons and a Superman-level brick).

Arkham Bats is also very extreme with the no-kill rule, but will make the occasional extreme exception. He was willing to let the Joker die from Titan poisoning even at the cost of his own life (until the Joker revealed that his life was tied to hundreds of others, so Bats HAD to save him) and killed Clayface to stop his plot. But otherwise he kills no one and goes out of his way to save all his villains even when he really shouldn't. Even Ra's Al Ghul. He also has no problem using lethal force on non-sapient or regenerating enemies; see Solomon Grundy, plus Clayface's constructs.

West Bats just didn't need to.

>How about other capes?
Post-Crisis Superman...

-Executed Zod, Non, and Faora with green kryptonite.

-Broke Doomsday's neck with a double axe handle.

-Destroyed Brainiac (or at least tried to, Brainy would always find a way to come back).

-Erased Darkseid's soul from existence after trying to beat him to death.

Superman has always been pretty pragmatic and restricted with lethal force, like he only uses it against threats that are both on his level and often times are simply too dangerous to be kept alive. Enemies like the Anti-Monitor, Darkseid, Doomsday, Imperiex and Mandrakk, all of those Superman is willing to kill because they generally are threats that need to be dealt with permanently.

Batman wouldn't. Batman is so insane about this shit, that he probably would try to save Mandrakk from the Thought Robot.

Silver to Modern age is the one I've seen the most But Affleck's was definitely the most entertaining when taking out mooks.

Bats shot Darkseid. with a GUN. that's two policies he was willing to break when faced with the ultimate evil.

What would Batman do if Gotham started executing his rogue's gallery?

Shot to wound, not to kill. Expected Superman to figure out a way to save Turpin.

Plus you can't kill an idea.

Sit at home and brood cause Gordon got a clue and ordered a shoot on sight on his dress up friends

Try to stop executions as Batman and try to lobby against death penalty as Bruce Wayne.

fix'd

Comics Batman is ridiculous with this shit.

If some sort of One-Above-All tier God being who looked like Thomas Wayne and was made of Nth metal, Kryptonite, and pure Speed Force with a full set of Lantern rings and "Bat Anti-Superman Spray" acquired from Adam West Batman...Let's throw 12th level intellect in there too-- descended from the heavens and demanded that Batman and ONLY Batman kill The Joker or he would wipe out all existence, Bruce would refuse because "Muh slippery slope", and then proceed to defeat the God being with his massive, impenetrable plot armor.

What do SJWs in-universe think of Bruce Wayne?

>has black people at the head of his company
>but fucks a bunch of models with "unnatural" bodies
>is a philanthropist
>throws expensive parties and just stares at the bat signal and leaves(fucking rude)

>fucking non-sapient Parademons
But parademons have feelings

He's a rich white male. What do you think?

And yet Spider-man made a deal with the devil in order to resurrect Aunt May instead of killing Kingpin like he said he would if Aunt May died.

They suck Musk's cock and he's way more Luthor than Wayne.

Musk gets handouts from the government. They can relate to that.

To be fair, Batman has the Larzarus pit for his convenience.

They've always been depicted more like animals than having human-level intelligence and will.

They're literally flying monkeys.

>You deserve justice
>Breaks your spine, crippling you permanently

Crippled ain't dead, so Bats' conscience is clean.

That is some confidences Bruce, but you wouldn't be capable of killing them that easily. One is a superhuman with superhuman physique and the other is basically the God of Winter.

Reminder that Batman is responsible for the death of every single person the Joker has killed from the very first time that he prevented Joker's death.

Reminder that Bruce has prevented Joker's death on multiple occasions.

Shut up, we're all pretending that arc never happened.

He'd allow it because that's the law being carried out. From a writing standpoint it wouldn't be a good idea to kill off any of his enemies, especially in such a relatively mundane way.

>Executed Zod, Non, and Faora with green kryptonite.
As I recall, that was a very dire circumstance where he only executed what were essentially AU versions of them after they ran amok on their Earth. Plus he depowered them first with gold kryptonite, and they still threatened to come to Supes' own Earth.

Reminder that these Batmen aren't lawbreakers.

No, they don't I go to neogaf to fuel my cringe fetish and they really don't.

It's not killing if you just scare them to death.

Batman approves of allowing ruler to give criminal to mob for lynching.

Making terrorists kill each other doesn't count.

The sheer absurdity of the idea that akrham mooks were ot dieing left right and center distracts from things a bit.

Wait is this TDKR Batman?

This is why DCEU bats gets shit done quicker, indirect killing doesn't count

That's why in a lot of these situations he just backs the fuck away and lets Superman handle it, because he knows his own neuroses will be holding him back. Seriously, the fact that he's never tried to stop Superman in any of the examples I listed (barring the one time in the JL Cartoon, but that was more him not wanting Superman to die alongside Darkseid) shows that he's not as insane as some people may think.

Same way they feel about all the other #woke CEOs. The average shitlib probably sings his praises to high heaven for being a progressive captain of industry, and the chapo crew shits all over them for it.

Yeah, the Planetary/Batman crossover is amazing.

I know comic writers don't usally care about relative realism, but the lack of it is exactly the reason why I don't like most cape comics. The whole "If I kill him I'll be just like him!" doesn't really hold any weight when it's a mass murdering, unrepentant psycho that you're sparing. I understand that it's mainly for writing purposes, if the villain is dead then what threat is there later on in the comic's run? Comics should, for the most part, be self-contained stories that are able to resolve plots without worrying about what another writer might want to do later with the characters. That's one of the only solid point that manga has over comics, the writers don't often have to worry about thing things in to greater universe they have little control over.

Jesus fuck do you fuckers even read comics at this point, Fuck. Batman shot fucking Darkseid with a fucking Gun when he had to.

Batman is okay with killing robots, bug aliens, the undead, demons, and the occasional accidental death of kicking someone off a roof.

>willing to use a gun and kill when billions of lives are at stake
>not willing to use a gun or kill when only tens to hundreds of lives are stake cause muh "better than them"

Nah, Batman has no excuse for not killing the Joker and some of his other villains. Saying "He tried to kill Darkseid! See guys, he's willing to do what needs to be done!" is just you cherry picking. On the whole, no, he isn't willing to do what needs to be done unless he's absolutely forced to in most of his runs.

No excuse except from the fucking law. What the fuck is wrong with you? The reason Batman doesn't kill regular people is quite simple he acts as an extension of the fucking law, dudes a glorified Police officer he wouldn't care if the state resided to off them or do whatever the fuck they want to do with them, Jesus Fucking crisis the meme have gone too far; Its OK to joke about how anal some writer portray him but never go full retarded user.

What a fucking ideologue you are user.
P.S- You drank the le Joker is more than a man cool-aid. Fucking idiot.

There are easier non-lethal ways to take down Joker.

Neither the Joker nor most of Nathan's villains are regular people. Him refusing to kill mooks makes total sense. Him refusing to kill bank robbers makes sense. Him refusing to kill muggers makes sense. But refusing to kill the guy that you know will kill people again? Batman knows Gotham's "law" won't put any of the mass murderers to death. Batman knows that if you put Joker in prison he will just break out eventually and go back to killing people. Same with half of his villains.

Letting someone live when you know they're gonna kill someone else makes you responsible for that other person's death. It's the whole reason the death penalty exists in law. Some people are simple irredeemable.

The law isn't always just, and that's why Batman didn't just become a police officer. Nobody is advocating that Batman kill every enemy he fights, just that he be fucking pragmatic enough to realize when it IS appropriate.

>Joker is more than a man kool-aid

The fuck are you talking about? He IS a man, and an evil one, and that's why he should face real consequences for his actions. I don't see how It's idealistic to say "no, mister Joker, you've killed too many people, you don't get to keep on living". If anybody is being an ideologue It's you retards that think killing is never justified.

Killing is bad, fuck off

not an argument, Bruce.

Underrated post.

I prefer the Under the Red Hood animated film adaption view:

That Batman avoids killing simply because he knows he isn't a good person at heart and would actively become a monster and enjoy killing if he started.

Basically a set of rules to keep himself in check so he doesn't become a Omega level threat.

Barbara, someone HAS to do it!

The point of the No-Kill rule isnt JUST supposed to be that its wrong and "you'll be just as bad as him" or whatever, but that it shows that its the right and BETTER way (pic related)

This is why Batman is actually TERRIBLE for this as a character theme, because every time Bats drags himself through hell and back to stop crime, whoever the fuck he just caught WILL break out because the status quo demands it.

Every writer needs to have their "UH OH JOKERS COMING TO FUCK EVERYONE UP" story where he basically kills the whole city. Repeatedly going through this means not just Batman and everyone involved with his arrest and confinement just looks like an asshole when he has a body count into 6 digits. "Oh man they caught the joker again, I should just move away because he'll probably turn everyone in downtown gotham to goo somehow when he breaks out again"

If you want to use Batmans No Kill policy properly you'd need to reboot him, and then have each villain only show up once, or at least tone down their bullshit to the point where the cops or Arkham doctors wouldnt kill them the second they could get them alone out of a horror and fear reflex.

>whoever the fuck he just caught WILL break out because the status quo demands it.
Ironically, DC comics always come as off as a strawman argument for the death penalty.

The No-Kill rule isn't the problem. The problem with any big two superhero comic is that the story doesn't end. No ending is no myth is always needing to reuse the same villains. It's why most of the best superhero stories are about the actual end of the character's story like All-Star Superman.

>Erased Darkseid's soul from existence after trying to beat him to death.

He kinda had to since he was taking reality down with him

By not killing the Joker, Batman has essentially allowed thousands of people to be murdered. Honestly I'm surprised no one else took it upon themselves to kill Joker.

Actually, that'd make a pretty good arc: some heroes want to kill Joker and Batman has to keep him alive for trial or some shit. Batman trying to keep Joker safe, Joker giving him shit the whole time...I'd read it.

I always figured that Batman doesn't kill because he see's that as the last thing preventing him from being just as insane as the people he takes down. I always liked how modern Batman and his rogues all suffer from a mental instability of some sort but Bruce isn't the same because he has his self imposed rules keeping him from going over the edge.

>he's not as insane as some people may think.

>Honestly I'm surprised no one else took it upon themselves to kill Joker.
They've tried, Batman fucking beats the shit out of them or cuts their throats open with his totally-non-lethal bat-knives.

This is 100% false. After Gwen dies he's about to go for the kill shot and then backs down. Goblin dying was Goblin's own doing.

>Punisher and Batman crossover

>No one makes any references between the two

There was a comic where Peter straight beats the shit out of Kingpin and tells him that he could easily kill him if he wanted to and promised he would if he did what did ever again

OMD still exists?

Thank god for the red hood

Threats and follow throughs are two separate things. Since Slott has taken over Peter is Saturday Morning cartoon levels of goody two-shoes and has had entire arcs about how No one dies because the only thing that can get Slott's shrimp dick hard is Doctor Who, so now Spider-Man acts like a third-rate Doctor Who incarnation.

Well hey there Jimbo, old buddy old pal. What, you need me to kill the other half of Barbara? HAHAHAHA- wait......

Ive always felt batman doesn't kill because the people of gotham need to see him as a hero if he killed the people of gotham would turn their backs on him they would fear him instead of only the heroes killing also the gcpd and gordon would never work with him they'd have to hunt him down batman not being able to work with the gcpd and gordon would make things very difficult because gorsons gives batman alot of tips on crimes going on

>implying anyone would care that Batman killed a mass murderer

As someone who lives in a high crime area, I can tell you that I would give no fucks if a vigilante killed a criminal

Batman's no kill rule only applies to humans.
He's been killing or indirectly killing aliens for decades because in his mind, they don't count so fuck those parademons.

Then in the very least, he could take a night off while Jason does it for him.

Fuck, when Batmans shot Darkseid, he fucking shot him in the shoulder. Dumb fuck didn't even go for the head

We all wish everything after OMD never existed.

>Joker has a gun pointed to your head, an innocent civilian, with 100% intent to kill
>Only way for Batman to stop the Joker would be to kill him
You'd be dead. The writers avoid situations like this because Batman's morality is so warped and deranged.