ITT: Spinoffs and adaptations better than the source material

ITT: Spinoffs and adaptations better than the source material.
I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyW5KMMDjZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Season 2 when

I think I speak for everybody when I say that 90s TAS' Birth of Venom is better than the original comic and is the definitive take on this arc.
Compare:

>the original has Spidey throw away the suit just because he had a spoopy dream about it
>TAS fixes this by having suit fuck up Peter's personality, it's become so engrained in Spider mythos that many normies believe it was in the comic in the first place

>the original has Eddie half-assedly appear at the very last moment and tell his shitty backstory in a rushed way, allowing for no immersion and no possibility to really sympathize with him
>TAS fixes this by showing Brock before he became Venom, giving him a closer connection to Peter and showing his struggles to make him more sympathetic

>the original arc starts off during a big event (Secret Wars), then continues with irrelevant shit like Hobgoblin and Puma (250s issues), then stops and only comes back slightly before #300, making it a pain to read in hindsight
>TAS tells everything in just one plain three-parther

>the original has McFarlane's Venom design which is rather boring, basically just black Spidey with really huge muscles and teeth, no emphasis on the tongue either
>TAS takes inspiration from the later goat tier design by Bagley

>the original doesn't have Spidey chasing Shocker to the ends of the Earth

Is this game actually good or does everyone just enjoy it because they want to bone Bigby?

I have fond memories of it.

It's a great narrative. Bigby being hot is just a bonus.

Can't say the same for his VA, to be desu.

>Telltale "game"
>better than anything

It was the best Telltale game since Sam & Max. I really loved the noir-atmosphere and was severely disappointed when the comic turned out to be nothing like it.

It and Tales from the Borderlands quickly became my favorite Telltales. They show that despite being just walking around in between choosing dialogue options the company can do action series very well (the last episodes of both were just incredible)

me on the left

The comics are great tho

Well put, user. The 90s TAS left a mark in Venom that can only be matched by BTAS's mark upon Mr Freeze.

Same. The comics are pretty great, though.

The fables comics? Bullshit. After the first 4 volumes and stops focusing on Bigby and Snow, it becomes pure trash. TWAU has a wonderful comic adaptation, however.

damn i want to fuck that wolfman

BACK HERE, SHOCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! YOU CAAAAAN'T ESCAPE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

he's a manwolf

I remember those episodes were the very first time I've been introduced to spiderman. It was really great.

X-Men Evolution is better than the comics. Prove me wrong. Pro-tip - you can't.

Would you Sup Forums?

>that episode when Kitty is introduced and her powers act up causing clothes fall off her body

UNF

Cute Starfire > orange whore

>all that attention to worst girl
>no mention of best girl

it's shit

A gentleman of fine taste

worse of the titanfu

First, Pic related and maybe its movie are better than the Madagascar franchise. Is the King Julien show any good?

Truth has been spoken, this show is top

Barbie>horse

Isn't this one of the many properties Telltale lost the rights to so they couldn't do a sequel if they wanted?

It's one of their better dialogue-driven games. A lot of their recent "Your choices matter" games are fucking trash because they don't even give you the illusion that they matter (Post-season 1 Walking Dead, Batman, Game of Thrones). But this and Tales of the Borderlands do it quite nicely, given their limited engine.

the bigbyXsnow white arc is pretty good

I feel slightly the same way but more that "I was disappointed Snow turned out to be the biggest bitch in the universe". The game had her on a nice level of "she nags for a reason".

Same. It felt like the game was the source material and the comic was fanfiction.

It's literally coming next year

No, not really. Girls with blue eyes seem weirdly intense.

The narrative is the weakest part of the game, it's obvious that they pulled it out of their ass last minute.

Peter under the influence is low-key terrifying. Not like jump in fear frightening, more like 'I don't wanna be anything near that' scary.

I'd agree with this. Venom's debut kind of marks the beginning of the horrible 90's phase of ASM, and it's pretty dogshit when you're coming off of Stern and I think Michelinie's runs.

Or maybe Michelinie had the first bad run, I don't really remember.

t. Homo

Indeed, the characters felt like people living in a community, instead of a bunch of archetypes in a space

It was awful at the time of release because Episode 2 got delayed due to a blatant rewrite which angered a lot of players as it's ultimately a murder mystery. Meaning that all the speculation beforehand was now worthless.

But it's probably a more enjoyable experience to play it all over a couple of evenings without the long waits.

Both the movie (ideally with the alternate ending) and the video game are better than Scott Pilgrim the comic.

It's the eyes.

>blue eyes
>not the sweetest

youtube.com/watch?v=eyW5KMMDjZw

Metroplex Heeds The Call Of The Last Prime

Also in the comics they suit was having him run around at night fighting crime while he was alseep for the adrenaline rush. It makes him a fucking evil junkie in the cartoon and that's the interpretation every single adaptation has gone with since, wearing the symbiote is a drug that completely erodes your inhibitions.

>Halo Legends
>Origins 1 & 2
That and the soundtrack, fucking phenomenal.

Was handled much better than how 343 is handling it today.

shit taste

>not my opinion so it's bad
Calm down there, champ.

>Just played the game off of the PS+ freebee
>Now find out S2 is coming out in a year.

Though with Telltale's recent track-record, I'm a bit cautious.

Easily this.