Villains are only intimidating in their first appearance

>villains are only intimidating in their first appearance

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/powerpuff_girls_movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What confused me was that Buttercup had a crush on the leader in their debut episode, so I thought they never met them before that.

retcons, oh fug

did the show ever mention mojo being the girls friends once? nope

Powerpuff Girls had the same amount of continuity as any other Hanna Barbera cartoon. As in, none.

>BRAZZERS

>Villain has one story and then fades into obscurity

Mojo's introduction to the girls in the movies was fucking amazing. My favorite scene in the movie.

Terror boner, but for girls. It's why so many of them have a choking or rape play fetish.

>villain has one story they're remembered for and any attempts to write further arcs with them eventually all end up taking inspiration from that one story

Like most of Batman's rogues?

>Two-Face
Only good story is his origin, then after that he's just another gangster with a dumb gimmick
>Bane
Only good for Knightfall then after that he's just a big guy that loses all the time, usually in the same way ("Oh no, muh Venom!")
>Hugo Strange
The one where he finds out Batman's secret identity and then never anything else, ever.
>Scarecrow
WHAT good stories?

She has awful taste.

>He hasn't read theone where Scarecrow gets affected by his own fear gas and gets spooked by scary batmens

It was from Professor's point of view. They are literally nothing compared to the girls.

Also, Craig said that he felt that he was overconpensating on the darkness of the movie, and promised to never do something as dark as that and focus on humor.

>It was from Professor's point of view.

Thats too bad. I felt that Craigs darker writing in many episodes and the movie was really intriuging. Kind of like Alan Moore on some ways

>Also, Craig said that he felt that he was overconpensating on the darkness of the movie, and promised to never do something as dark as that and focus on humor.
And now we have NuPPG
Go suck a dick, McCucken

McCracken has literally nothing to do with nuPPG

Fuck Craig that crackhead looking motherfucker

Jojo having been the Professor's pet/lad assistant did fit continuity.

Really? I thought the movie's tone was fantastic. It was darker than usual, but it wasn't edgy for the sake of being edgy or anything like it.

Did they do more with Mr. Freeze?

He allowed it to happen.

But the movie was great, and the tone was one of its best qualities. It was a better MOS than MOS.

Also, I loved Mojo's speech near the end when he became super strong.

Batman Snow is really good if you want more Freeze I suggest it, It basically another origin story but it has some fun unique moments.

YesNew 52 made him just another delusional insane fucker but it was so shit it stopped being canon pretty quickly

actually both versions of bane (BTAS) but this one got hit worse.

from needing a mech to fight him to eventually casually judo flipping him in the superman episode.

He doesn't own the PPG trademark.
CN does.

I love Last Hunt, but I hate how everyone gravitates to it like there are no other Kraven stories. He's always been a fun villain to have.

bane?

he only got 1 good story though

WAIT A SECOND.
Isn't this image from the PPG movie? Which was their origin story?
Which in some timeline way IS their first appearance?

He only got 1 serious story*
Well, there's also Grim Hunt that was hyped as fuck back in 2010, but nobody seems to care about it anymore.
Point is, before Last Hunt, Kraven was just a fun campy villain, about Boomerang tier.

Spider-Man Blue
ASM #15
ASM #34
ASM #47
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #7

Now go read a comic.

Fucking bisho Valmont

I thought BTAS Bane was kind of shit and the only time he was really intimidating is in Barbara's Scarecrow gas-induced nightmare.

never really got why they gave him more of a luchador mask for BTAS and the gimp look in the later versions.

Get him on board, I'll call it in

it happens

All the 5-year-olds love Ace.

Kilgrave
Though technically it wasn't an appearance. Everything else after the first episode was just pathetic and not even in a good way

TMNT2012 had that all the time.

>villain has no stories

Dude went from basically being the source for a majority of the large scale criminal operations and trafficking in the world, to a bus driver.

Talk about wasted potential.

[Ace: constant internal screaming]

pretty much every villain in TMNT 2012 except Shredder and Tiger Claw

The movie was great, but it was a financial failure, and Craig kind of has this internalized on him that the tone was part of the reason, and he felt that he was trying too hard to be taken seriously and appear mature.

This is why he wants to do things more like Wander.

Never forget.

That was every villain in The Batman. Remember Croc's swamp fu?

That looks like a Serious Sam enemy.

Considering how little screentime the gangreen gang got in the movie, I'd imagine its a simple case of them not remembering.

PPG actually had a decent amount of continuity compared to other CN shows of the time. It certaibly wasn't Dexter's Lab or Johnny Bravo levels of negative continuity.

>That was every villain in The Batman.
oops

Nah, he became a goofy fucker after S1, unless I'm misremembering things. Going over the top with his obsession over 'muh psychology' really made him less threatening.

And ironically, Wander best parts were after Dominator was introduced as a semi-serious villain

You're definitely misremembering a lot of things, considering he first appeared in season 2, and only became a villain in season 3.

I'd say the reason it didn't do well was pacing. Too many scenes that go by too quickly, that some of the plot elements felt underdeveloped, or were only there for convenience. Professor getting arrested just so the PPGs have to walk home in the rain, only for him to be set free once the PPGs arrive home always felt off to me.

It had nothing to do with the writting, it was on the time that 2d movies were being forggoten, had competition with invincible giant franchines, and almost no marketing.

It wasn't just a financial failure, dude. Professional critics generally hated it, aswell.

The darker tone was actually a CN mandate at the time, as they wanted to aim the movie at young men (ala Adult Swim I guess), but at the time of the movie's release CN had changed management and they went full-stop on that idea for the marketing

What? It received mixed to positive reviews from critics at the time. It wasn't hated by any means.

Well shit. I could've sworn it had a lower percentage on RT. Oh well. I do remember Roger Ebert hated it, though.

It had some pretty extensive marketing, at least on Cartoon Network.

Looking kinda marilyn manson there Sssnake.

>I do remember Roger Ebert hated it
So it was a good movie then?

rottentomatoes.com/m/powerpuff_girls_movie

Didn't have to link it to me, I already checked and conceded to being wrong.

twas a great movie

>casually judo flipping him in the superman episode.

Wasn't that superman dressed as batman?

No, in one of the later episodes of The Batman, Batman and Robin end up having to take on essentially the entire rogues gallery at once in a warehouse. Somehow they win.

You seem to be getting it confused with the episode of STAS where Batman was kidnapped by Brainiac

You're right, I'm sorry.

He's not talking about that episode, though. He's talking about the Superman two-parter in season 5.

The faillure was simply because most boys were to embarassed to ask they parents to go watch the PowerPuff Girls on theaters

The thing is I never saw The Batman, as it, well, really turned me off for a lot of reasons. The dracula special was good but that's about it.

Literally every villain in Xiaolin Showdown.

>Talk about wasted potential.
He was intimidating on the first season, then a simply crime-lord just couldn't stand up to the evis wizards, demons and dragons running the show, I don't see his downfall as wasted potential at all

Season 4 in particular has extremely good writing, so if you do decide to give it another chance at some point I suggest trying that one first.

We'll see. The joker for the batman really turned me off

Galaxy Rangers is one of the few shows to avoid that, especially shows from the '80s.

TB Joker is great, man. TAS Joker could NEVER pull off something like "The Laughing Bat", quite possibly my favorite episode of the whole series.

>villain has great potential but very few writers actually use it and most of the time they're just a plot device or an easily replaceable bad guy amongst a bunch of other random bad guys
Sadly, even pic related (Waid's Daredevil) later turns to this with Owl

>Kind of like Alan Moore on some ways
Come on user.

OGs

They're actually a pretty succinct life lesson in diversifying your interests and avoiding obsessive behavior.

No i mean it, that part of the movie where the girls first met Mojo or the part where they had to face the hatred of townsville wase like Watchmen lite.

>Two Face
Faces, Half an Evil, that Gotham Central Arc, his part in DKR
>Bane
Vengeance of Bane, Secret Six, Gotham Knights "I may be your brother Batman" arc
>Scarecrow
Blackest Night, Detective 503, Detective 571, the Loeb Sale story from Haunted Knight, New Year's Evil

I'll admit I know much about Hugo Strange, but you're a gigantic fucking faggot casual who would rather bitch about characters than read about them

Genndy's Grievous is what General Grievous should've been, imo, not the weak ass shit we got in Revenge of the Shit. Also, I thought his white cape looked cooler than his black cape.

Agreed

But he has a GUN, user. A GUN.

How can you call him anything other than the indisputable master of terror when he has a GUN?

What black cape?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a dry cleaners when you've got clones and Jedi on your ass all day every day? And you can't trust that shit to battle droids; you know they'd rip it five different ways just getting it through the door.

>"I may be your brother Batman" arc
wait what

they had a story arc in the early 2000's or so where it looked quite likely that Bane was in fact the illegitimate son of Thomas Wayne, and thus Bruce's brother, this played heavily into Bane becoming an anti-villain for a while(and indeed in many respects stuck till Flashpoint outside of him randomly killing the second Judomaster during Infinite Crisis)

Is it any good? It sounds interesting.

My nigga, I watched that shit at my local movie theater when I was ten.
10/10 movie

Bane
The Penguin

Scarecrow's Arkham Asylum story is pretty good

Retard.

Name three prominent Riddler stories

Yea it was solid.

I am happy, i'm feeling rigth

>the villain is consistently intimidating
>dies in the most anticlimactic way possible
Hi, Toffee!