Is there a western equivalent?

Is there a western equivalent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c1qpvTN7vYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Steven Universe.

Only because Rebecca Sugar desperately believes she's making a deep and meaningful boy's cartoon by plagiarizing Evangelion memes.

Inb4 korra mecha shit post.

No

No, Western market functions differently and is not fit for this kind of show. /thread

Watchman

/thread

sheriff callie wild west, basically focused to the same age demographic group

No.
And there never will be so quit asking.

how many times total has it referenced NGE? like, once or twice?

I don't even like SU, but you saying SU is comparable in any capacity to NGE is disgraceful.

Evangelion is trash

ya know what, I take back what I said maybe NGE is comparable to SU afterall, because the only purpose each show serves is waifu baiting.

>doesn't realize I'm trashing Steven Universe
>Doesn't realize I'm a huge Evangelion fag

Get better at the internet and stop ass kissing Evangelion.

The bible?

You cheeky mother fucker. Hahaha

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=c1qpvTN7vYI

solid pick

Now I want a Veggie Tales parody of evangelion.

what in my post indicated I didn't understand either of those points? literally all I said was its disgraceful to compare SU to NGE and to say SU is like NGE is stupid because it's not even remotely like it at all other than some vague references. how does that = me not getting you like NGE and hate SU? I' agree competently. maybe you should get some reading comprehension skills and stop jumping the gun on shitting on people just to make it look like you have some point that's not there.

Why is giant robots wearing cloaks the tightest shit ever?

Yessss. I know just the YouTubeer to do it.

I'm going to go hit him up now.

Blood type confirmed: Faggot.

Go to condition one.

There's Steven Universe if you're looking for more of a whiny teenager crying his eyes out while he protects the world because it's what his dead mom wanted.

I'm just such a huge fan of tech characters with regal adornments. I nearly bought Destiny just on the back of that, before I realized it would also necessitate buying a current-gen console.

ok

I genuinely tried to watch this show.

After a teenagedom surrounded by weebs, I hated anime outright with no regard for individual shows, but a few years ago I watched Ghost in the Shell and Akira because I was lacking in sci-fi, and from that I watched Cowboy Bebop and thought it was cool as fuck.

While the sweet animations of techy shit going into other techy shit to blaring readouts gives me a massive boner, I thought all the waifu stuff was embarrassing. He falls into her tits when she's coming out of the shower. Hilarious.

When Asuka started explaining thermodynamics through her tits, I switched off. I haven't gone back to it even though I've been promised deeper character development and more sweet robot hijinks.

Homo.

You realize they're like 12 right? And comprised of lines on a page, probably animated by a wanking jap?

the sexualization kind of is character development
Asuka wants to be taken as an adult, why she comes onto Kaji earlier, but she is 'still just a kid' as he says

so this flirting is a joke, and asuka lording over shinji that she's more mature

i mean it's also a boob joke, but if you let that stop you from liking a series, i can't help you man.

It's the consistent pervy anime tropes that turn me off watching. I get that Shinji's awkward and Rei is withdrawn, but when he falls into her boobs it doesn't strike me as funny, just some japanese animators falling into tired routines. I dunno, like I said, I hold anime in a pretty low regard and don't have a lot of patience for it. So when something is lauded as the greatest anime ever, but it's still rife with teenage upskirts, my instant reaction is to roll my eyes and chalk it up to weebs.

I mean there's a reason why Crossbone Gundam is the sidestory people most want to see animated. Cloaks on giant robots are cool

i'd chaulk it more up to adolescence

for something that is a bit more...refined i guess, try mushishi?

also rei isn't human, and it's used to kinda illustrate that there are no boundaries, and would you say the same of something like that if it wasn't anime? if it was film?

Evangelion uses pervy anime tropes on purpose to make the audience uncomfortable. It's not supposed to be funny.

>Asuka started explaining thermodynamics through her tits
Time for a rewatch

It is a tired routine, the point is that with Rei and Shinji it plays out differently than what's typical. She doesn't give a fuck except for that he has Gendo's glasses.

12Oz mouse

Beautiful, try to make a Loud House thread, a Ruby gloom thread, an adventure Time thread, etc. all deleted withing the hour, try to call out weebshit at Sup Forums and get banned, could this get any better?

more cloaks

also is there such a thing as mechs with cloaks looking bad?

They're 14

>mech with a cloak or cape
Lame
Fucking dumb
Stupid every time
Has never worked

>95147032
Low effort bait

>Expecting Sup Forumsumblr mods/janitors to be competent at their jobs

There's a Sup Forums raid on Sup Forums right now with several not Sup Forums threads like Jojo shit for example still up. Everyone should stick to hiding and reporting said posts. If we all do it and nothing is done then we can all take it up at the IRC.

Just stop for now.

I thought we agreed Captain Underpants was the western equivalent.

You know the thing that Sup Forums has that is undeniably better than Sup Forums? It's the mods, if I shitpost there about Sup Forums I get a warning, here they just let it go on and on.

Probably South Park.

>Low effort
>Shit budget
>Surprisingly didn't fail and became incredibly successful
>Got a whole generation or two of people thinking it was deeper and more REALLY MAKES YOU THINK then it actually was.

A pseudo intellectual show that is actually made with the purpose of selling lots of merchandising?

Either Batman or Steven Universe.

Evangelion was originally made to fail for TAX EVASION reasons though, the fact that it turned out to be marketable was a "happy" accident.

Ok I'll bite. How is Captain Underpants similar to Eva?

This. Some people probably take that scene as fap fuel. But whats far more important is the character building.

Rei responds to the most direct and uncomfortable violation of her privacy and person by who is essentially a stranger with mild disinterest and boredom.

And, like five minutes later, she gets angry enough to slap Shinji... for saying his Gendo is kind of a shitty parent.

If that chain of events doesnt set of red flags left and right, you arent paying attention.

>Mediocre genre deconstruction that gave way to a bunch of copycapts doing over the top dark age pretentious shit that misses the point entirely, and there's an army of idiots claiming they're smarter for liking it.

Watchmen. Evangelion is Watchmen.

A pretty damn happy accident. I wish something like that happened to all animation studios. Eva is marketable as hell.

I don't think being dicks count as being "better" I once got globally banned for posting a non simpsons/spongebob cartoon pic there, for a goddamned week, granted I think some mod had me pinned down for insulting his new favorite Anime previously.

>could this get any better?
you could kill yourself, that'd be great

>if I shitpost there about Sup Forums I get a warning,

Better. You get banned for a week.

>Steven Universe
>Merchandise

Haha, like if CN is that smart. I am convinced the network is either run by Chimpanzees or worse, women.

But muh POP!

And I would deserve that, but here I think the mods encourage that shit by ignoring it, have you seen the ducktales threads?

Depends, Eva is a lot of things.

Cool robot anime? Mech Warrior, it had a good comic series.

Inexplicable waifu generator for creepy adults? That covers a lot of things, but for the sake of relevancy lets say Overwatch.

Something people think is really deep but the creator literally just did random shit that seemed cool? I'll go with Heavy Metal.

Something that at its core is about the problems of society, combining a deconstruction of a genre woth a story about neglect, abandonment, and the resulting detachment? Watchmen, Moral Orel, Pink Floyd's The Wall, maybe Venture Brothers.

Giant robot stories want to be samurai.

So do cowboy ones.

So you give the robot a poncho.

Eva was also made by a guy with clinical depression who was off his meds and in the middle of one of the worst depressive episodes of his life. I'm actually curious if there's any Sup Forums material that was made while the author was in a similar state of mid-breakdown. The only thing that immediately comes to mind is Cerberus, and Dave Sim broke down in a completely different way than Anno.

Or just fucking delete Sup Forums and make it an alternative Sup Forums for toonami & dubbs

Batman was Big O though.

Maybe Rocko's Modern Life.

But his breakdown was largely away from the project. His team filtered the suicidal words into adult humor.