Have you ever considered the fact that Christianity and the crusades are both canon in this film...

Have you ever considered the fact that Christianity and the crusades are both canon in this film? Is there a furryfag Jesus in the lore also? I thought the idea was funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LlU_CYhym0o
vimeo.com/12836360
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John,_King_of_England
youtu.be/FDlYJzO9vzs?t=52s
youtube.com/watch?v=fAmRSHRwADE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

King Richard is off committing genocide of Muslims and Middle Eastern Christians while Prince John is forced to over tax the people to pay for his brother's homicidal invasion of another country.

Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham did nothing wrong. That blood money is on the pious Christian King Richard.

>
What species would he be, I'd go with Dove.

Someone didn't read the Chronicles of Narnia!

Richard was a fag.

That too.

He would literaly be the lamb of god

>lamb of god
Shit why didn't I think of that.

I've only read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Gave up halfway through Magicians Nephew and never picked up another one. Are they worth reading?

Saladin attacked the kingdom of Jerusalem first, Richard did nothing wrong.

Because the it was the Christians who were clearly in the wrong here.

Even if they weren't wrong in wanting to fight the muslims, they were certainly wrong in how unbelievably badly they fucked it up.

Anyone who uses religion to start wars, invade other countries, or annex territory always did everything wrong.

Richard is just as big of a shit as Saladin.

What's even funnier is that Prince Ali Ababa's intro song canonically makes him a slave-owner.

youtube.com/watch?v=LlU_CYhym0o

1:48, just sort of slipped in there.

Based Disney.

So if another religion attacks you and oppresses your people you should just roll over?

vimeo.com/12836360

What are you on about? That doesn't make any sense.

Of course if fucking doesn't.

inb4 thread derailed

Based on what I saw of British history when I took the actual subject in school, while Richard basically wasn't even there for most of his reign, he still ended up a better king than John.

John:
>Wanted to constantly take over France
>Got excommunicated from the Church
>Then signed England over to the Church to get unexcommunicated
>Failed to take France
>Sucked so bad he ended up known as 'John the Soft Sword

or maybe I'm thinking of another John.

>the crusades
>actually about Christianity
>not about geopolitics and landless nobles

Your entire monarchy is full of shit lords.

Remember Henry VIII? That fat Fuck beheaded half of his wives, kicked the Catholic church to the curb, made his own branch of Christianity to justify divorcing his first wife in order to marry his mistress. Then he has her beheaded a few years later.

He then starts various wars with France out of pure spite.

John tried, he really wanted to be a good king. He was actually raised in England by his father, unlike his older brothers Richard and Henry, who were brought up in France primarily by their mother, Eleanor of Aquitaine.

Henry and Richard had actually attempted a revolt against their father.

He's the correct one, aka John Lackland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John,_King_of_England

The grand and bravely depicted Richard spent more time in France than in England. He despised the English people and saw them as tax paying subjects to fund his military ambition.

Also the massive spike in taxes suffered by the people during Robin Hood's Era, was to fund a giant king sized ransom. Richard was feeling adventurous and rode his band of followers off road into a trap and was foolishly captured. He lived in luxury at his captors pleasure while the England he so hated were taxed to the point of starvation to pay for his moronic error.

Isn't that what Christianity is about, though

Not really no. Even if you're of the conviction that most religion is used as population control, that's mostly internal politics, not really geopolitics.
And about the landless nobles, no, that really has very little to do with Christianity.

Was this before or after he got brain damage, though? I guess you can blame him for getting into risky sports like jousting when he's got a kingdom to run, but after that I don't know if you can call him a shitlord.

>He despised the English people
Who doesn't?

>kicked the Catholic Church to the curb

If you studied the history between England and the church, you'd find out that WASN'T entirely uncalled for.

The Catholic Church had a long history of fucking over or fucking with England ranging from changing support from the current and technically rightful contender of the throne to William the Conqueror to constantly trying to helping various criminals and even national traitors of England get off the hook by accepting them as part of the Catholic church.

I mean, he was lording over people and was shit at it, I've rarely seen a more apt usage of that word.

>Forgetting the meme who died for our sins

Perhaps the same could be said of all religion *tips fedora*

Oh, I thought user said "shitlord" in one word.

Don't be a dickhole.

Is there a furryfag Jesus ?
yes
youtu.be/FDlYJzO9vzs?t=52s

Just watched this, while it's a little too sacrilegious for me to fully enjoy it I did dig the animation, very fluid. The charecter designs for Mary Magdalene and Judas are very appealing as well.
Thanks for sharing.

what the fuck, why is this good?

Crusade 3: Over a Barrel, was about allowing Catholics back into Jerusalem after Saladin took the city and banished them. It ended with a truce with Saladin still in power, Catholics being given free and safe passage to visit or live in the city once more and Richard heading home to get capturred by Hungarians, Philip heading home early with a sick note and Barbarossa making it into the city (albeit pickled in a barrel after a swimming accident).

HEY, he only beheaded a THIRD of his wives

>Barbarossa making it into the city (albeit pickled in a barrel after a swimming accident).
Yeah the one thing GoT does get right is that occasionally stupid shit happens for no reason

>is there a furryfag Jesus

Jesus was always a Gary Stu sparkledog OC when you think about it.

The thumbnail in OP pic makes it look like Hazel giving the fox a bj.

They are alright.

The magician's nephew was the second to last book to be written FYI

>Zootopia has multiple explicit references to Christianity
>Fanfics all use vague pantheism or an explicit pantheon of unimaginative gods.

The whole "should have been known as John the First, sure to be known as John the worst" line from Robin Hood is accurate. There's a reason why King John was the only King John. He was that bad.

>Multiple explicit references to Christianity

Really? They're not just common figures of speech like "oh my god?"

>reptile
>tits

Pick one. Having both is a sin

Nick mentions Kumbaya, a christian spiritual

And most explicitly, one of Mr. Big's henchman crosses himself.

I wonder how rites and rituals of the various branches would be differ in regards to the whole Predator/Prey angle.

I like to believe that preds and prey see Jesus as a different animal, predators seeing him as a lion and prey seeing him as a sheep

So both of those are ridiculously explicit.

Kumbaya is a cheesy song sung by children at summer camps, the crossing is a satirical reference to the catholic Vito Corleone from the Godfather, and both are as about as far removed from their religious origins as possible.

You're really grasping at straws. These are cultural references, not religious ones.

>ridiculously explicit

meant implicit

They both christian things though.
Thats hardly grasping at straws.

And the mafia is super catholic, thats why they cross themselves.

Only certain mafia. I've never heard of any purple gang crossing themselves.

>Shitlord

More like alpha chad who does what he wants and fucks as many bitches as he can

The Italian Mafia is, yes.
The Irish boys too.
But the Ruskies? The Yakuza? The Triad?
Them be Heathens, son.

>That fat Fuck beheaded half of his wives
>he never watched Histeria
youtube.com/watch?v=fAmRSHRwADE

Well the mafia zootoopia was referencing was catholic.

One of the most famous scenes from the movie was the main character getting his child baptized as all his enemies were being killed.

At least we didnt follow a schizophrenic heretic slut into battle unlike our neighbors from across the pond

It was his nephew, he was the Godfather

Fuck, I knew something about what I was writing felt wrong. I sorta knew that

you bongs have been butthurt about her for hundreds of years, don't you think it's time to let it go?

>heavy cavalry full of trained nobles gets defeated by some peasants with bows and wooden hammers

It's not our fault you lot burned a saint and damned your immortal souls forever.

>stopping the genocide of the jews is the same as genociding muslims

you keep talking like this and i'm gonna dress up as an old woman and win your archery tournament

>slut who probably fucked all the men in her army
>saint
i wonder how much you frogs bribed the pope on that one and besides you guys sold her to us

>Royal infantry belonging to the British empire at it's peak gets defeated by some Turks on a hill

she was still a confirmed virgin during the trial
hell they tried their hardest, but conceded she was a virgin.
they didn't have the balls to actualy rape here, because they feared that would fuck them over in the trial.

it is true though that she had very big tits, acording to her own squire who saw her topless when changing clothes

>height of the napoleonic french """empire"""
>gets defeated by slaves in the Caribbean

>Make a manlet you emperor
>Gets defeated by a fucking frozen water falling from the sky

Only one king John in English history. Even by the low low standards of English kings he was a legendary fuck up

Why Umayyad tho?

i think that men are present in that world, just not in the overwhelming proportion we are in the real world. i bet God is a human too, and the religion is that humans are closer to god. so jesus died for everyone's sin, furry and not. so they worship him and fought the crusades for him. and that way jesus doesnt have to be a furry. the furries could even be considered to be nephilim, those monstrosities that got swept away in the flood. in this reality, the flood spared the furries and now we got the crusades going on and then enter robin hood, whos a fox and its all cool.

He was also only a fat fuck in the later part of his life. As a young man he was a noted stud muffin

google reconquista
google 711-1492
google lurkmore
google pleb

I am not surprised by the way this thread was derailed, but it's still amusing.

Henry stayed married to his first wife for twenty years, but their only surviving child was a girl. The only time before that England had a woman monarch, the country was excommunicated. He got desperate for a son to continue his dynasty, particularly one who would an adult by the time Henry was too old to rule. Henry's family was a bunch of nobodies until three different boy kings got ousted. The church stuff was just blocking him replacing his queen like a brood sow.

Always nice to learn something new. Thank you user!

You could do the non-shitty thing and avoid causing unnecessary genocide in return, yes.

>and avoid causing unnecessary genocide in return

>genocide in a world with limited resources, limited space and conflicting, totalitarian ideologies

oh user, you and your 20th century morals.

>Based on what I saw of British history when I took the actual subject in school, while Richard basically wasn't even there for most of his reign, he still ended up a better king than John.

To be fair, it's easy to be a good king when you're not there. You can't get mad at a guy you never see, who never demands anything, and couldn't give two shits.
Richard was kind of an asshole, though. He was pissy that he didn't get to be king of France and really hated England, thought of it as a miserable rainy place that smelled of damp sheep, so he couldn't wait to get away. First chance he got, he fucked off away from England and left his incompetent brother John to fuck everything up, because who cares? Not Richard.
He's basically only remembered fondly because he was a) not responsible (in both senses of the word) and b) not John.

Napoleon wasn't actually short.

What animal would Jesus be? A lamb?