What would have to happen to make the X-men great again?

What would have to happen to make the X-men great again?

Perlmutter falling out a window

Kill off the shithumans.

Marvel to get the movie rights back.

Get rid of the Original 5
Get rid of the Not New, Not Different
And all those kids who were supposed to become the next generation of X-Men? Let them be THE X-Men.

Cut the line back to, at most two monthly books. Pick an actual good writer and an editorial team that will keep them on task. Allow them to develop new characters. Ban them for rehashing Days of Future Past, Phoenix Saga, Mutant Massacre or Age of Apocalypse. Get them to commit to a longer run (5 years or more) to allow the development of on going plot lines.

This. They won't try anything new with the x-men until then for fear of giving fox more material..

Disney stopping owning Marvel

Cassandra Nova finishing what she started on Genosha.

DMX becomes a member.

Make people forget evey main x-men comic that's happened since 1993, and a few of the sattelite titles too.

Marvel licencing out the publishing rights instead of making the book themselves.

So how have the inhumans been to blame for all of the shitty x-men books from the oughts?

X-books are sick. Certain people say it's been like that since before Morrison, others say post HoM, but the biggest illness they've suffered it's usually agreed to be Schism and AvX.

You have now sickly books, weaker than before. Add to that a parasyte that leeches off you sickly body, a parasyte that wants to grow off your once upon a time herculean strenght.

Inhumans are merely one of the latest straws in the ICU stay the x-books are going throught.

In story the need a really strong leader, Cyclops. Outside of story the need to hire competent editors, writers and artist, basically what all of Marvel neeeds

>parasyte

>Kill off the shithumans.

>the biggest illness they've suffered it's usually agreed to be Schism and AvX.
No, the biggest illness they've suffered is agreed to be X-factor #1 by anybody that actually read the X-men at its peak instead of coming in decades after it was only a husk of its former self.

Basically, Scott, Logan and Hank need to come to an understanding. O5 needs to fuck off back to the damn past. Ice Man's got to get put on a shelf or find somebody to give him a character outside of liking dick. Nothing wrong with liking dick, mind, but you've got to have more to your character than that and "Dad hates me!"

Some new baddies to fight couldn't hurt either. Start getting a pattern going. A few issues of typical evil villains, an arc of weird shit happening and scattered mutant oppression stories throughout. Don't make the ENTIRE thing Marvel Civvies being shitheads to mutants. And no, no "X-Team vs X-Team" stories allowed for the next century.
Also, can we get some Pro-Mutant Humans up in this shit again? Somebody on the supporting cast who's a flatscan but isn't a complete dogfucker about it?

That's all I can think of for right now, honestly.

The return of Jean Grey.
She comes back and sees what Scott Logan and Hank have done and has to clean up after their messes while uniting what's left of the good mutants.
Sees what 05 Jean has done and completely shuts that shit down.

I don't know how to send the 05 back though. She could completely mind wipe them like it all never happened though.

Maybe go the DC route and just have the 05 merge with their otherselves...

This here.
And this Thats why Stans, Lobdells, Jim Lees, Cockrum, Morrison and others run was good or had fans.
They had planned plot goals and were planned or intended to stay longer.
The new artists felt like they were interim artists and wrote mostly single arc story lines.

>I don't know how to send the 05 back though

Just send them away and retcon the "they're the actual original X-men" bullshit

at least 3 decent to good writers who actually sit down with each other and figure out a course for the franchise.

no more inhumans
get rid of bendis
get rid of O5
bring back dark beast by stealing younger beasts magic powers and becoming a super villain that uses apocalypse tech and magic
get rid of the wolverine characters except x-23
don't bring back cyclops
don't bring back jean
have Deathlok join them
go in to outer space to try to colonize a new planet. have some silver surfer team ups. transonic can be the spaceship or travel in another direction for scifi adventures
include Marrow
include Maggot
suggested lineup:
Beast
Nightcrawler
Jubilee
Colossus
Storm
Polaris

NO

younger beast should merge with dark beast
younger scott and jean should go away

>o5
Either let them be timestream clones or make them Apocalypse/Mr Sinister Clones that Beast wrongfully grabbed out of the past that and let them sacrifies to stop a big evil.

How about mr. sinister clones that turn out to be evil demons and then they go hang out with Maddy

>all of the shitty x-men books from the oughts?
The fuck are you talking about? Austen aside, the oughts were great for X-Men. Even the bad books were still readable and there was a whole bunch of books that were actually good running simultaneously with pretty decent crossover events.
The 10s was when it all went down the drain.

Thought that would be too much shitting on o5 and the ones who bought the comics may think "hey why did i read evil x-men comics".
For me that would sound a little bit too dumb like the whole Bishop traitor story ark

Hard reboot.

This guy gets it.

Given how appealing and easy to grasp the premise is and the wide range of strong characters it's surprising how rarely X-Men books have been good.

The real question is when were they great in the first place?

please, fuck no. it will be awful

also

Cable/Punisher team up
Nate Grey/Moon Knight team up
Nighthawk/Gambit team up

retcon Gateway's death in Uncanny X-Force. have Deathlok save him with nanobots from the future and get the teleporters off the planet. i heard that it was canon that there was some device that rendered teleporters useless. give them something to do off planet.

Cyclops and Wolverine back, Cyke in charge. No more mutant terrorism shit, no more split teams. Get actual writers and artists.

As long as Marvel doesn't own the movie rights X-men will always get either B listers, or A listers on a super tight deadline phoning if in.

if they don't stay dead, then their deaths have no meaning. the characters that are still alive can think back on cyclops and wolverine as a motif. i don't know why you'd want them to come back if they're remembered well by the other friends and characters. they might even be stronger that way.

Cause the other characters are crap

Old Man Logan is shit and so is young Cyclops

I think more characters should be gay. Especially the boys who aren't interested in that Jean Grey. They're obviously full gay anyway.

Jean Grey has returned and the books are still shit.

Jean turned two Icemen gay, and is emotionally abusive to young Cyclops.

>The real question is when were they great in the first place?

Claremont.

And the current problem with the X-Men is that Ike won't allow anyone to make new mutants.
One of the X-Men's biggest strengths was that, given the nature of their powers manifest and how out there many of those powers could be, there was always a limitless number of potential new characters to cycle in and out of the stories for any number of reasons, be it as a mainstay in the comics, cannon fodder that dies after a few issues, generic background mutants at the school or on Genosha or whatever, and new villains.

But then Ike had to get salty and demand no more new mutants.

I can't stand Claremont's X-Men runs. Any of them. He's way too into showing off his various fetishes.

At least Quentin Tarantino is self aware of his foot fetish and plays it up for comedy.

Claremont just steals from French Erotic comics and hentai.

>I can't stand Claremont's X-Men runs

I respect your opinion and understand why you wouldn't like it.
Please understand, however, that you are in the minority.

you want to know something really funky?

There is one Claremont X-Men run I unironically like, despite my earlier post.

I fucking love X-Men Forever vol. 1 and 2.

I am not kidding. That shit was great!

I like Kyle/Yost run just because they took the time to put every fucking mutant that ever existed in that story.

How was Casey run?

How bad are the fetish stuff from claremont? I think people overreact, did he do anything more besides skimpy outfits and mindcontrol?

You only notice the more extreme stuff if you are the type to look for it (/d/ user or sjw)

Fucker put a lot of ftrishes inside some stories with Storm or Magik for example.

first of all no characters in more than one team (if they are in more than 1 book that is because they have solos)

we should have

uncanny x-men
new x-men
astonishing x-men
x-factor
x-force
generation x

all with different characters, no repeated characters

and the new post 2000 x-men people like, should become real x-men
those would be Hellion, Genesis, Quentin Quire, Armor, Pixie, Rockslide, Surge, Anole and the Cuckoos.
Ernst should unlock her real self with Cassandra Nova powers and become Cassandra Nova Xavier.

eliminate teen Iceman (easy, make him fuse with adult iceman to become an Ice giant, accidentally becoming one person). and teen angel (just kill him, use it for a tragix x-23 story)
those 2 characters are very redundant. Young Beast can stay but only if he becomes "Magic Beast", otherwise he is another redundant character that should be killed.

Make Emma Frost no longer a crazy ex girlfriend villain, and find a way for Ruby Summers to be born. Perhaps she was pregnant when Scott died, thats why it broke her down so bad, and had the baby in the 8 between Death of X and IvX, may have used an artificial womb.

resurrect Maddrox

i agree with you on that. i don't like them either. they should also go. the motif i was talking about has to do with *our* Logan and *our* Cyclops

>resurrect

oh jeez did died again?

>magic beast is redundant

not if he becomes a villain and merges or works with dark beast that reappeared in an inhumans issue for some odd reason

Inhouse? Remember character interactions and have a coherent character development. Ensure there's an overarching plot or at least recurring antagonist. If your run lasts 60 issues, just have them occasionally appear while the x-men go on other adventures.

What the X-Men right now lack direction. The school doens't cut it, it's not taken seriously, there isn't any major antagonist power beyond losely defined "bigots" and the characters themselves might as well be generic archetypes and stereotypes.

The best thing that could happen to the X-Men is going back to basics. No irony, no real life allegories, no subculture / social media "how do you do fellow kids" bullshit. take the basic cape adventure formula and give it an x-men twist. Have Uncanny, a teen book, whatever team book that has high fan demand. call it a day.

>I don't know how to send the 05 back though.
Unceremoniously removed.

Same as with all of marvel. Full scortched earth reboot.

Yes.
In IvX I think.

Scorched Earth reboot with a line editor that loves the X-men and rules like a Czar. A single firm director overseeing a multitude of creators providing vision and passion to all the numerous projects.

i don't remember that at all. maybe i blocked it out. actually there's probably a lot that i blocked out.

I don't want him to fall out of a 20 story window.

He needs to be shoved.

that's a horrible idea. it really is.

>Stans, Lobdells, Jim Lees, Cockrum, Morrison and others
His name is Claremont you casual piece of shit.

yesterdays issue of the Black Bolt comic ends with him being "attacked" by what seems to be the spirits of those he called, among the ghosts there are many Maddrox dupes.

i think you're misinterpreting x-men. the most compelling x-men stories are full on dystopian and center around struggle. not necessarily capeshit because in capeshit the good guys always win.

More southern belle

oh, a Rogue in the savage land thing. i like it. sentient dinosaurs, fighting Dr. Lykos... sounds awesome. the sky's the limit. she could find ancient temples with supernatural spirits or dormant aliens... i'd check that out for sure.

like this

Why are all x girls best girl?
>Mirage
>Emma
>Psylocke
>X-23
>Wanda
>Magik
>Miss Sinister
>Storm

Make Iceman straight again because its intended to be that way

take out emma and wanda, add jubilee, cecilia reyes, marrow and shadowcat, then that's a great list

literally ONE good writer again you fucking retards.

What was Vision's last good story before King? Is Iron Fist a shit character because everything after Fraction's run has been mediocre? Characters live and die by writers and writers alone.

God you Claremont fags are annoying.

Either Disney/Marvel kisses and makes up with Fox, Disney or Fox buys the other company outright, or Fox loses the X-Men movie rights. None of these possibilities is likely to occur in our lifetimes.

Get writers to stop pretending they're Claremont and have them write new stories instead of the same six/seven stories we've been reading for over two decades.

You guys can keep blaming Pealmutter and the Inhumans all you want, but the X-men books were suffering in quality long before that shitstorm appeared on the horizon.

then we should boycott x-men. it's that simple.

There are new mutants being created. However, the stories are mostly rehashes, but then again, so are the avengers and GOTG

The literal school idea is the last Morrison's contribution. It would be only fair if they removed it as well

Yeah, because every X-Men movie and cartoon adapts or takes cues from the Claremont runs. And because Claremont wrote so much X-Men, nobody ever runs out of material of his to adapt. For better or for worse.

Deport all the Inhuman scum and build a wall to keep them out, Make Marvel Homo Superior Again.

Simple: Bring back Cyclops.

They already retconned them so they aren't the true O5.

Bendis leaves Marvel and somebody kills off Kitty Pride and puts Oboro back in charge of the X-Men

Literally bring back Scott and Logan
Where is my money Marvel?

Onslaught, Fatal Attractions, Age of Apocalypse, Morrison's run, Whedon's run, Gillen's Run. For starters.

Utopia era was pure sex, and more militant, supremacist X-Men were unlike anything Claremont, nor Morrison did.

Not really

Remember when there were millions mutants and most characters in marvel could be mutants? Spider-books used to have "non mutant superhero" banner to made sure readers didnt mistaken him as mutant

also there's no rule against "flashback issues". stories told that take place in the past (that hasn't been told before) that can depict those characters you like. there could even be cyclops and wolverine only adventures that have a retroactive element to it.

you're getting "simple" and "oversimplification" mixed up

that won't fix it.

Nothing particularly great. Some vaguely interesting stuff but never really became great.

Sorry Chris,
That was so obvious, that i forgot to write Claremont.

>kill off Kitty Pride
Pfff, you just wrote that to piss off Bendis. She just needs to go back to her best role. Be either some x-men stealth or second in-chief in the team.

>Marvel to get the movie rights back.

See you say that but it hasn't helped the avengers much comics wise

Fun times.

reminder that sublime did nothing wrong
they just want to live but mutie wont let em

This. They simply don't do anything new with them in other media.

Also FF. FF got shat on horribly.

>in other media
Who cares? Comics are what matter. Oh no, they're not getting a horrible X-men show to go along with the horrible Avengers show and horrible Spider-man show? How terrible.

Xmen exist in their own universe.

616 - mutants are rare and the xmen only briefly happened in the 60s. Now only a handful of the more known mutants exist. no one irrationally hates mutants. Avengers are the main hero group.

Xmen Universe - mutants are the majority of super powered people. inhumans and others are few. people irrationally hate mutants far more than other supers. Xmen are the main hero group. The Avengers exist, but only Cap, ironman, thor, wasp, hank pym, black widow, and hulk.

Ha! Sup Forums wins again.

No... they would just drop x-men. We'd have to boycott all marvel and ensure the messagewas clear that our reasonings was because of the injustices towards the X titles.