How powerfull a single lantern can be?

How powerfull a single lantern can be?

Lanterns are worse than ninjas in that 1 is almost a cosmic level entity that can create fully functioning planets, blow them up, phase through dimensions, fly right through stars and black holes unhurt, etc. but the more you have the less they become until they only know how to shoot green lasers at things and if you have a shitload of them, none of them ever turn their personal shields on at all and die like flies.

Also true whenever there's a crossover/collab issue. Then they're back to green lasers.

Depends on the lantern. Construct durability is based more or less on how clear the thoughts are, but their power is based on will.

Can one of these four handle a Superman-level threat?

Yea this part really hurts.

Any lantern should be on the Superman/Martian Mahunter/Wonder Woman level but is always one of the more mook-ish JLAers in crossovers who can only shoot a laser or cart the street level heroes to the scene.

Yes, but so can just about any A-lister. Too bad these guys are speedster tier outside of their own IPs

They have all handled Superman level threats

>Mongul is more of a Lantern villain now and they ripped his arm off.
>Henshaw has been a lantern villain for the last 8 or so years. Hal wrestled with him for some reason, but won the fight.
>Hal just manhandled Kalibak with no real trouble

But for some reason they recently established no lantern can survive seconds against Lobo, that makes no sense

Hal recently fought an entire planet, Simon woke his childhood friend from a coma, lanterns can be godlike as long as they have the willpower to do it

None of those are Superman level.

Mongul is

I don't know why he feels the need to justify that beyond "It's fucking Despero, Hal"

>one of them is literally Superman

No. He is not. Even at full power, Mongul gets fucked by Clark hard.

Did anyone in the JLA know that you can just snap his neck so easily?

Did Diana ever think to herself
>Son of a bitch....I could have done that 30 years ago!!!!

Sinestro's ring is probably stronger than Wondy

No. One of them is a robot that looks like Superman.

The entire big 7 JLA could not handle Nero

And we have a thread in the catalog right now showing Sinestro taking down a PArallax powered Superman.

>I have no fucking clue who Cyborg is or what he is about

Good job user, every opinion you have is dropped

Wouldn't it be trivially easy for a Lantern to take down a Kryptonian?
They can emit radiation from their ring

Important Lanterns are Superman level so Kyle, John, Guy, Kilowog. Hal usually is too, but right now he's got Parallax levels of power so he's above Clark

they couldn't handle Batman if they joined efforts

see

Thanks, guys.

2 more question:

We agree that Kyle is the best human GL, right?

And what happened to Rank-Kor?

Because the popular lanterns are the ones who survive to tell the tale, they are much more experienced and can be sent alone to do shit without getting themselves killed, during big battles the jobbers die first because they lack experience or are just shit at their job, if every green lantern was equally competent they would be OP as fuck

I like Hal more but his recent stuff could be better, Guy is always great whenever he is

>we agree that Kyle is the best human GL, right?
Kyle isn't even top 3.
>whatever happened to Rank Korr?
Hopefully forgotten

Guy

Read a comic, holy shit. Cyborg Supes is literally a slightly better Superman because he's not constrained by morality.

Hal is best

Hal is very special

This, Idk why writers have them job so much

Because if the GLC was actually competent and useful, the writers would need to explain why they're not there whenever some big shit goes down

That's just good thinking though

>Robot

Hank Henshaw is the love child of Superman & Cyborg. Add the fact he's had the yellow ring, he's probably one the biggest cosmic threats.

He's also immortal. So long there's some sort of technology near him, he'll be ressurected. Plus he's a technopath like Cyborg.

Hal isn't so good at thinking

Hi samefag

And no Cyborg is not even a kryptonian or remotely on the same level as one. He is not even made of things that are physically as tough as one. Quit wiki bullshitting and read a book he appeared in for once in your life

Silver Age stuff is just fun. He's so stupid.

It truly is great

Yea you would think they could pull a Silver Surfer and draw the solar energy right out of a kryptonian.

Or make their rings match kryptonite radiation (they did this in the silver age)

I love these. Is it dumb to think Hal being literally below average in intelligence helps his character?

>low battery
I swear to god it's ever crossover

>Everyone that tells me I'm stupid is the same person!
Eat a dick, stupid.

It does make for pretty funny moments

Kyle is the best and the strongest and smartest and cutest

That's not being dumb, just unlucky. Which is all of Hal's life. A series of unfortunate events compounding in a man who should have given up, but for some reason never does.

They are not quite as popular as the big three, or Flash.

Lanterns are wedged somewhere in between the big name brands like Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman but above the B-Leages like Hawkman, Atom, Zatannah.

Popular enough to join in the ensemble stuff but not nearly enough to do anything important or make one of the big brand names look bad. And two of them are normal humans so they have to be less useful than that.

>Warrior just smirkin'
literately sums up the 90s

>cutest
Objectively wrong

Hal is dumb fun. Exactly what I read comics for

okay, you GIMP good, is that supposed to impress me?

True. I like how he's a fuck up too.

Why is it so hard to admit that you're wrong?

I unironically think this makes him a good character. He's had a pretty shitty life but he keeps on trucking.

It makes the few times when everything goes well really special

Why would I try to impress a dumbass? Believe what you want.

and this just even compounds it. Superman never says this to him, it's just what Hal thinks he would say to him while he's in the middle of flying.

Because I'm not

see I know who Cyborg Superman is and what his powers are as well as read the books he appears in. You on the other hand read a wiki once or twice and came here to shill your favorite hero and is now on damage control trying to pretend you're somehow not a casualfag larping.

>The face of a man who lost a fistfight to a newspaper

Hivemind

All Green Lanterns are unfortunately in that next tier of DC heroes

You have the big three then you have Flash, Green Lantern, Atom, Hawkman, and Aquaman.

Meanwhile Aquaman and Flash get a lot of tv exposure so they can jump ahead much more often. Green Lantern being lesser known can be shown to be crap in a crossover and not too many are offended or care.

What's funny is that when he was kicked out of the GLC after saving everyone's ass at end of War of the Green Lanterns. He had to hit up Carol for a loan, which she thought he was gonna purpose to her or something.

He was a literal homeless bum for a little while. He was evicted from his apartment, seeing how he forgot to pay rent while galvanting through space. His car was towed because of non-payment. It wasn't until his sugar daddy Sinestro came to save his ass.

Seriously those two should just get married already. They're constantly talking about one another. Keep bumping into each other. Saving each other's asses. Then becoming mortal enemies the next day.

Back in the post Crisis of Infinite Earths DC reboot a Green Lantern was like a Swiss army nuke. Incredibly powerful capable of going toe to toe with Superman and creating forcefields stronger than Kryptonian invulnerability. They were literally the wielders of the "most powerful weapon in the universe" created by the oldest aliens in the universe. But over time their powers diminished until the nu52 reboot where any random jackass with a rock could kill a Lantern without much effort. Now they're more like Swiss army spork

Guardians explode violently when mortally wounded.

>doesn't know what a superman threat is

That's a nice list of B-team villains there buddy. Are you going to add Prankster and Livewire to it as well?

You mean worst, right?

Would you say Atom and Hawkman are on the same tier as GL, Flash, and Aquadude in 2017?

Maybe the 90s and early 00s, but all the time Atom and Hawkman had in the spotlight since them is that CW show.

Aquaman got his debut in Superfriends. Everyone got their Flash fix in Justice League & JLU. Flash on CW helped a lot as well.

On other hand the only media we got of the GLC was direct to video movies, and the worse cape film. The movie was so bad it killed a great tv series. Closest thing we get now is Big Bang Theory having Sheldon with a Green Lantern shirt on.

Dumb Hal is best Hal. He was the original shonen protagonist of DC.

Why don't you prove it instead of acting like a little bitch then?

All three of them are JLA-level threats.

The only thing Lanterns are good for is dying in droves to establish a new threat

>We agree that Kyle is the best human GL, right?
Absolutely not

>And what happened to Rank-Kor?
He's dead

This cannot be real

>He was a literal homeless bum for a little while. He was evicted from his apartment, seeing how he forgot to pay rent while galvanting through space. His car was towed because of non-payment. It wasn't until his sugar daddy Sinestro came to save his ass.
The funny (?) part is that wasn't even the first time he's been homeless

poor dude can't keep a job or a house or a car or a girlfriend to save his life

It is, but to be fair he was getting mind controlled

usually the best green lanterns are a bit weaker than superman. So yes they can handle superman level threaths, but they would lose most of the time against superman himself.

This.

Depends on the stakes. Actually though.

>a
no, but there are some lanterns who could.

post the saint walker mogo webm

They could. This is the problem. What green lantern ring can do is as vague as superman's limits.

Ehh, green lanterns are more of a support class. They can do some weird shit regarding the foundations of eternity but they job to people with baseball bats.

Motherfucker that was a fist pumping moment if I ever saw one.

Lobo is about as great a humanoid entity could get, there's no way to kill him.

but itd be a damn fun thing to see

Last spring they had a story establishing Brainiac as not good enough to be a lantern threat.

He was completely dominated by Larfleez, and the Green Lanterns broke out of his bottle, restored their sizes and beat him pretty easily.

But wait, if he's stupid how the hell did he pass Air Force schooling and training? Don't you have to be fucking smart (and short, from what I hear) to pass?

I wonder how a Burn Notice type story about Hal needing work after getting burned by the lanterns might work. Maybe he decides to live it out on another planet, fights street crime and such.

I can easily see him being booksmart and hardworking enough to pass all his classes, but that doesn't translate to having a personal life that isn't a mess and I like the idea that he's a little clumsy

I'm sure Hal studied super hard to get into the Air Force, but studying can't give you common sense or fix your hilariously bad luck

That would be pretty cool

The corps comes up with some bullshit reason to kick him out again and he doesn't want to keep trying and failing on Earth again so he tells them to just leave him on some other populated planet, he'll figure shit out

>"And i have to show them i'm not a child molester!"
You can just feel Green Arrow mentally accusing him of being one.

If you ever wanted evidence of Hal having the most will of any Lantern

This is objectively without a doubt the worst Lantern.