Characters Who Bring Their Shows Down

He's overly annoying, but unlike his siblings, has no funny moments to balance it all out.

Obligatory

Yeah I was deeply disappointed when they had that episode revealing he has no actual musical ability.

Steven Universe.

The show follows his point of view so instead if seeing Lars' space adventures we'll have boring townies shoved down our throats. Not only that, bu we get silhouettes for characters when flashbacks happen.

Was this later on in the series? I've been going through the first three seasons and he seems to have some basic understanding (and enough talent that some asshole stole his tune--though Gene did dump the guy's daughter in a pretty embarrassing way.)

Gene is paradoxical in that the episodes that FOCUS on him are great (like the Gene and Courtney Show).
Every other episode has him displaying a really big talent in music, though (Topsy, Die Hard the Musical). I chalked that one up to him being an impatient kid unwilling to learn the proper way.

I dunno, I think Tina is worse, but Gene is pretty bad.

in the later seasons

everyone in bobs burgers is terrible.

I'm absolutely baffled at how terrible they managed to make Mabel Pines.

>hurrur I'm cutie right look how cute I am I think family is great I love everyone especially my pig lolol where's my spork?

Get the fuck out of here. We have Illuminati Bill the Buffalo Demon here spreading what amounts to physical hell on earth in a kid's show and you waddle along in here with your worthlessness to fuck just about everything up CONSTANTLY.

I can't remember a time aside from le ebin graplong hooke that Mabel was even a little bit useful.

what episode was this?

>no funny moments
>not liking Gene's prohibition presentation

Gene is great when he's not just fart jokes.

Is she really like that?

She's fucking worthless and annoying. If she wasn't there the show would be much better.

He's had strong development for a while now.
The baseball training ep made me think he was going to be focal point for a divorce down the line but the show has grown like the family dynamic and now he's more of a reactionary character than a nuisance.

The real problem is Linda > Fischoede/s > Gayle > Louise > Tina > Gene > Bob > Hugo > Jimmy

>never ron

First time I've said this in 5 years browsing Sup Forums: shit taste.

If you don't get Bob's Burgers, you just don't get it.

Nah, he's just sperging. Mabel is just super over-the-top kind and naïve.

Amen, Tina has absolutely 0 redeeming qualities

>kind

citation needed

I know most people think Peggy's worse, but god damn if Lucky didn't crap all over the show.

You think Mabel is bad? Compared to whom? In the show Gravity Falls, who isn't an unbearable piece of shit? Soos is retarded. Stan is a grouch. Dipper is a buzzkill. Mabel is obnoxious. Wendy is flaky (not really her fault, Dipper is creepy around her, but still). Soos is the only one who doesn't constantly act out of his own self interest, but that's more due to his blind obedience to Stan. The show works because they were able to write around those flaws and make jokes and plots that corresponded to those flaws.

Now if you really wanna talk about a bitch that brings a show down...

she helped Mermando the mermaid boy go back home
boom suck my samefaggin dick, bitch

So does that mean that you're the samefag?

Tina is literally there for people to make le epic gifs out of, that's why sometimes you see the camera pan back and stay on her for a while so people can record her doing a silly dance

At least he ended up with some good moments later on in the series like the episode where he did everything he could just to get Bobby a fresh potato chip.
Peggy doesn't have many instances like that.

gene centered episodes where he plays the protagonist are pretty decent
but when he's the antagonist to Bob he's fucking insufferable

but i'd say anytime there's an antagonist who gets their way ruins the show

OG

Her episodes in the old seasons were fucking kino.

>le Mabel is bad meme

When will this end?

true answer. if i wanted a townie episode id want them all to be about Greg, aka best character

Hugo is the absolute worst BB antagonist. He just doesn't fit how the show's developed.

Pesto is great because, aside from Burger Wars, the only real power he has is the one Bob gives to him by Pesto goading him into something stupid.

Fischoeder is just affable and reasonable enough (he just wants the damn rent, Bob) that he can be semi-reasoned with and isn't actively malicious.

Hugo? Hugo could ruin Bob's life out of pure spite and there's not a damn thing he could do to stop it. And his attitude isn't entertaining enough to justify it.

Especially cause everything he does to Bob is pretty shady/borderline illeagle and one call to his supervisor would be all it's take to get him fired. Fuck hugo

Reminder that Mabel doomed all of reality because she was sad about Dipper missing her birthday party

>inb4 "She's just a kid user!"

If there's one aspect of Bobs Burgers that annoys me, it's that, even though it tries to be more down to earth than Family Guy or The Simpsons, there's way too many incompetent people who still have jobs.

Mr. Frond makes sense since he largely keeps his nose down and avoids trouble, but Mr. Ambrose and the School Nurse should've been fired several times over by now.

People in education get away with all kinds of shit. When I was in middle school my brother is in special education, and he was supposed to have a parent/principal meeting and the principal had been talking to my parents about how he'd gotten to know my brother and was doing a lot of work with him along with the special education teacher.

The day before the meeting, he'd pulled a friend of my brother's who sat next to him out of the class, spoke to him for 2 minutes thinking he was my brother, and then sent him back and went forward with the meeting. Meeting comes around, principal says how much progress he'd made with my brother to my parents, my brother doesn't know who the principal's name is.

Education is a huge fucking scam the jobs are way too secure. You basically can't get fired for anything short of serial statutory rape.

teacher's unions were a mistake

>there's way too many incompetent people who still have jobs.
>Not realistic
Dude, as a person that has to deal with upper management on a weekly basis, there are way too many people who got the job, not based on skill, through nepotism/the good ole' boy system/sheer luck. That's honestly a sad fact.

I thought Louise was the worst one.
Fuck, all three of the Belcher kids are annoying in their own way.

And now she's trying to apologize to you for doing so.

I realized after I wrote this that I want an episode where Bob gets fed up and drops the dime on Hugo to his superiors. Hugo gets put on probation and has a new chaperone making both him and Bob miserable, they buddy up to get the new inspector transfered/fired, and then go back to hating each other.

They had a similar episode once, but I want hugo/Bob buddy cop episode.

Went from supportive wife character to
>Whoooo-YEAH! Ahm Peggy Hill I can do no wrong; my enthusiasm is equitable to actual ability or skill!
The entire court scene where Hank bails her out by proving she doesn't understand Spanish at all to the judge really didn't make up for how often she fucked things up. I think the worst was when she was intimidated by Bobby being better at cooking and sewing than her. He managed to connect with Bobby on a real level and she decided to try and ruin it.

>Peggy turns into insufferable can-do-no-wrong
>Hank turns into insufferable can-do-no-wrong
When's the point KOTH goes downhill?

>this
All of the Belcher kids are geniuses in their own rights. They have a far more reaching breadth and depth of knowledge than I did when I was fucking 8-13.

They all have a dry sense of humor (Tina and Louise, especially).

Gene is the most annoying of them, but I wouldnt cut him from the show.

I love music and love that Gene loves music (and occasionally puts out a good tune [Electric Loo-ooo-oo-ve])

Checked.
I don't know, it didn't outstay its welcome. They fleshed out the characters enough by having a progressing narrative and a large cast that the Hill family just became the show's anchor. No irony intended. With the exception of their episodes they're the audience's way into the plot. So I feel like the quality had a good enough mix of good episodes to balance out the bad ones.