Jupiter's Legacy

After 4 years, volume 2 is FINALLY out in trade.

I haven't read any of it yet, but I've got it all. Does it matter what order? I'm pretty sure it came out:

Legacy v1
Circle v1
Circle v2
Legacy v2

Is this the order I should read it in?

Other urls found in this thread:

multiversitycomics.com/news/its-all-connected-mark-millar-reveals-how-millarworlds-books-all-connect/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read it in chronological order
Circle then Legacy.

Cool thanks.

Also with this whole Millarworld thing ... has there been any actual implication of these all being in a shared universe yet?

The end of Kick-Ass 3 confirms a bunch of stuff is in the same universe as it. MPH, Nemesis and the Secret Service are mentioned in Dave's monologue.

>has there been any actual implication of these all being in a shared universe yet?

Yeah, Kick-Ass exposition dumps most of the connections in the last issue of Kick-Ass 3.

But Jupiter's Saga is in a different universe, and it actual shares continuity with SuperCrooks.

Oh right, I heard about that ... gave up on Kick-Ass halfway through volume 2.

Oh weird, didn't realize that. Thanks again.

>gave up on Kick-Ass halfway through volume 2.
Don't blame ya. Kick-Ass 2 is complete shit.

The HG mini and KA3 get back to the retardly fun stuff.

KA2 was so fun until the rape issue. That shit really messed it up. I was surprised how much Millar relaxed his edge with KA3 and the Secret Service. Pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, right? Justice Forever and Kick-Ass's retardation really played well off each other.

I think the big mistake was trying to act like Red Mist was a real threat. His whole deal is being an idiot.

Yeah, he should have constantly been a fuck up. One of the only good parts of the movie was that they took away him being a threat almost entirely.

The second movie? Cause yeah, I agree. Thankfully he's back to fucking up hard in the HG mini and KA3

Yeah, the second movie. I really liked the first one but the sequel was mostly not very good. Red Mist and the five seconds of Justice Forever were the best part of it.

The first one was better made, but I think the second (outside of the awful HG bits) had more of a KA-style humor to it.

Eh I dunno Dave I liked reading Circle in the middle as a reprieve from the Legacy, reading it first also changes the context on some of the characters in a way I don't think Millar and Quietly intended.

The second was more like the comic as in it was retarded and kinda shit

I think reading it first at least allows for the later events to have more of an impact. Such as Utopian's POV and etc.

But to each their own, that's certainly a valid way of reading into it for sure.

Yeah, but the fun of Kick-Ass is in it's retardation. The first movie was so standard, kinda bored.

Yea, that's exactly what I mean I think when you read Legacy originally, you're supposed to sympathize with the kids on a certain level, like "c'mon what really is there to do as a superkid" but then you read Circle and see Utopian's perspective, you come back for legacy 2 fucking hating Walter and the regime

Oh yeah, then definitely agreed. I was just saying that reading Circle first allows that to already "be" a factor. Which, I think, allows the narrative to breathe more.

>The first movie was so standard
Seriously? It's a totally unique cape film. Similar to a lot of comics for sure, but unique as a superhero film

Standard relative to the story it is adapting, I meant. It is unique to other cape movies, but it takes a lot of cues from them when making the transition to a movie. And it kinda makes it a less interesting.

I liked the reversal I felt, and I think that's how Millar wanted it to go. But yea it's not a huge deal. I do think that hating Walter so much from the start is less satisfying though

Oh yeah, I understand your point 100%.

I think hating Walter from the start gives it all a bit more of a structure. If you read Circle in the middle, then Legacy V2 referencing it does seem less honest than if you space it out more.

Oh yea, it makes it much more a normal story. I dunno, I still think there was more than enough Millar in it with Chloe and Cage though.

That was all sanitized though, to the point where the only real thing that set them apart was the cursing.

The gore and their interactions, as well as Cage's entire character felt Millar to me. Cage is like a living Millar character just overall, on or offscreen.

He was riffing more off of Adam West Batman than anything MIllar-y.

An unhinged murderous Adam West Batman sounds exactly like a millar character to me.
I get why you didn't like the movie, I just don't like the comic that much so enjoyed the changes they made.

He's so much less unhinged that he's actually depicted as somewhat likable. I think the movie made everyone too likable and less "fuck-up"-y.

But yeah, I don't fault the movie's entertainment value. It's a well made movie. I just thought the comic was a really fun exploitation-y ride, which (for numerous faults) the second movie captured more of.

If someone besides JRjr drew the book I would have enjoyed it much more. Like Chris Burnham or Tradd Moore could have made that shit sing (though they weren't really in the game yet)

multiversitycomics.com/news/its-all-connected-mark-millar-reveals-how-millarworlds-books-all-connect/

I feel like JL2 totally invalidates this, unless Requiem completely changes the game. Like this makes sense for JL1, but the happy upbeat ending of 2 (and Millar's apparent change in writing tone after seeing MoS) causes this to make absolutely no sense. Fuck Millar may have even forgot about this canon when writing volume 2.

How does it invalidate it?